Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

NYSC Age Limit. - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Age Limit. (25831 Views)

?? Nysc Age Limit For Doctors / Confusing Fact About NYSC Age Limit For Gradutes and Mobilization / Nysc Age Limit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Age Limit. by anochuko01(m): 1:31pm On Dec 06, 2020
is registration on
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by freeman67: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
apartlawful:
There is this corper I met during orientation camp in Ikare akoko ondo state few yrs back He is like 45yrs old. I still don't know how he did till today

The age limit is 30 years. Anyone graduating above 30 is supposed to get an exemption but in Nigeria many people have their ways of disregarding the law.

Back then in my service year, I served with a woman that has a that's almost my age.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by captianfreeman(m): 1:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
Yes na!
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by NarnieAceTech: 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
wildikeman:
If you graduated at even the age of 30 . It's most likely you will serve. The NYSC posits that if you are above thirty, you wouldn't serve. So it depends on when you are graduating

My course mate finished at age 28 but due to ASUU strike and a lazy course adviser. No carry over or anything like that. He didn't get mobilized until he turned 30; then he was given exemption letter.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Depreacherman(m): 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

I am sure he is not bothered about the certificates grin

He probably wants the 33,000 naira monthly stipend.

��� you’re wicked lol
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by tunnappa(m): 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
30yrs
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by lastclaire4(f): 1:40pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dickeyrider:
I did mine at 37 years. No age limit

Not possible. Except at the time you graduated you were less than 30yrs. You probably did your service years after graduation.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by endsarrrs(f): 1:41pm On Dec 06, 2020
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by lastclaire4(f): 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
johniemos:
Good day all, Happy new Month. I'll be 30 by May next year. Can I apply for the NYSC. Thanks.

People saying they did theirs at above 30, didnt do nysc when they graduated. I had a mature friend who did nysc at 42 ONLY because when she graduated, she was below 30. Dont mind those saying there is no age limit.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by endsarrrs(f): 1:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
My mum was 50 when she did NYSC in NMS ZARIA
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Agwaso: 1:49pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dickeyrider:

On the contrary, there is age limit of above 30 years, but the age limit applies to when you finished school. If you finished your undergraduate study on or before 30 year, then you can apply for NYSC. If you finish your study when you are above 30 years, then you apply for exemption certificate.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:57pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dickeyrider:
You served at 37? I thought there is an exemption once you graduated at 30 years and above. Did you study in Nigeria or outside the country and chose to serve at your convenience. I need some lessons please, gracias
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by kunle75(m): 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dickeyrider:

You're right I did mine in 2005 at the age of 30 so no problem I guess
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by yomi007k(m): 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
Osiris16:
NYSC is mandatory if you are below 30 years at the time of graduation.
At over 30 you have the option to either serve or get an exemption.
Meaning people who are above 30 when they graduate can make the choice to do NYSC if they want to or if they don’t, they get an exemption.
Which is why you see some comments about people over 30 serving.
Mandatory for below 30, optional for over 30

This is the correct information.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Nmezor(f): 2:13pm On Dec 06, 2020
30 years now
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dickeyrider:
How many dickey did you ride back then grin
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Toktee(m): 2:19pm On Dec 06, 2020
I don't blame all this people shouting age limit....

Many graduates the only thing they can get from government is that 30k so why not go for it..

If you are productive you can use that money for something meaningful.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by NaijaCover(m): 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
No be my force to serve nigeria
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Albertone(m): 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2020
Yes,as long as you apply before may!
3k and 2k foreign followers instagram account for sale...

Mention me if interested...
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Gman20: 2:26pm On Dec 06, 2020
If you graduated before you clock 30 years , you will not get exmpeted but if you graduated after 30 [/color][color=#000000]years you will get exemption letter automatically
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by naijadrivablog: 2:31pm On Dec 06, 2020
A man in his late 40s served in my set. No be 9ja
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Julius209(m): 2:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
Yes .If you graduate before 30

Meanwhile, I can design a professional logo for your business at a very affordable price .Kindly check my signature

Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Rajosh(m): 2:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
provided you graduated before 30, you can do it anytime.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Bawofss(m): 2:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
is it possible to still serve even if the person graduate at the age of 31 with connection? or it is not possible at all?
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by SILVERLINES: 2:47pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dickeyrider:
you are a liar bro

Age limit for NYSC is 30years
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by SILVERLINES: 2:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
johniemos:
Good day all, Happy new Month. I'll be 30 by May next year. Can I apply for the NYSC. Thanks.
it's 30years on the dot

If you are above that and still desperate for service, then do what is called Jamb late regularisation to bring down your age.

If interested quote me I will give you more information about it.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 06, 2020
ZINIIBANKS:

How many dickey did you ride back then grin

What do you take me for?
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Jerewise332(m): 3:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
SILVERLINES:
it's 30years on the dot

If you are above that and still desperate for service, then do what is called Jamb late regularisation to bring down your age.

How can someone go through it I'm interested pls... Pls drop ur contact
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by yemex04(m): 3:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
SimplyFacts:
@OP, the time of graduation would determine if you're going or not. If you finish before that MAY & you are listed in the Senate list, NYSC is sure.

I don't know about his. All I know is that one can defer his/her mobilization. What matters is the age in the senate list,,,, at the time of graduation

I may not be right though

You are very right.Whoever is 30 or below at the time of graduation must pass through the NYSC if he defers it till the age of 90 provided he needs his school certificate for employment purpose in Nigeria.. This explains why we see so many grandpas and grandmas in camps.. I met so many of them during my service year.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Bawofss(m): 3:40pm On Dec 06, 2020
SILVERLINES:
it's 30years on the dot

I have someone who is interested....drop ur contact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Batch B 2014 : Posted To Adamawa State, Let's Meet Here / A thread for corpers posted to Kano / Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.