Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

NYSC Age Limit. - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Age Limit. (25903 Views)

?? Nysc Age Limit For Doctors / Confusing Fact About NYSC Age Limit For Gradutes and Mobilization / Nysc Age Limit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Age Limit. by mfm04622: 3:49pm On Dec 06, 2020
kuuljay:
could be true,if you graduated within the age limit but didn't do it but decide to do after even thirty years you are qualified to be mobilised but if your age at the time of graduation is above the age limit then no need,just apply for exemption letter,you are too old for mobilisation

The true situation.

Before now. No matter your age, after graduation, you will be mobilized. If you are more than 30 year, you will apply for exemption. It is automatically granted. You will collect your exemption certificate when people you would have served with collect theirs.

After the recent increase in allowance.
If you are 30 and above, you are automatically exempted. Need to apply. You will not be mobilized and will collect your exemption certificate.

If you graduate before you are 30, you can defer your services but you are not qualified for exemption. You must serve anytime you are ready to collect the certificate. Even if you are 50
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by mfm04622: 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2020
freeman67:

The age limit is 30 years. Anyone graduating above 30 is supposed to get an exemption but in Nigeria many people have their ways of disregarding the law.

Back then in my service year, I served with a woman that has a that's almost my age.

Not supposed to get. They are entitled to exemption IF they want. Then, they have the right to serve or request for exemption.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by mfm04622: 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
lastclaire4:

Not possible. Except at the time you graduated you were less than 30yrs. You probably did your service years after graduation.

Very possible. Before now, you apply for exemption of you want. Everybody is automatically mobilized, no matter the age. But if you are above 30, you can apply for exemption and it is automatically granted. If you are 59 and didn't apply, you will serve.
This has changed in recent times. Now, anyone above 30 at graduation is automatically exempted
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by okorogodwin4(m): 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2020
30years old men are still writing JAMB
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by JIMMY1393: 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2020
femi4:
No you ll be given an exemption letter

He graduated before 30 so no he won't be given exemption letter
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by lastclaire4(f): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2020
mfm04622:

Very possible. Before now, you apply for exemption of you want. Everybody is automatically mobilized, no matter the age. But if you are above 30, you can apply for exemption and it is automatically granted. If you are 59 and didn't apply, you will serve.
This has changed in recent times. Now, anyone above 30 at graduation is automatically exempted

The guy is asking for advise and I feel we should advise with what is on ground today. If this guy sees this he will relax not knowing the advice is as old as 30 years ago.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dickeyrider:
I did mine at 37 years. No age limit
At what age did you graduate?
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06, 2020
johniemos:
Good day all, Happy new Month. I'll be 30 by May next year. Can I apply for the NYSC. Thanks.
You can serve at age 80 provided the age you were at graduation is below 30 and above 14.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Taeewo(m): 4:51pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dickeyrider:
I did mine at 37 years. No age limit
LYNUS....I believe you graduated before you clock 30 years..Its possible to even serve at 50 years in as much as you graduated before 30 years old.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Divoc19(f): 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
Guyz people are reducing their age and their FSLC just to serve.

Some organizations value NYSC certificate more than school certificate. In Nigeria anything goes. Just have the money
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by mastasam(m): 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
johniemos:
Good day all, Happy new Month. I'll be 30 by May next year. Can I apply for the NYSC. Thanks.
your date of graduation ar written on your statement of result will determine if you will be exempted or mobilized i.e under 30 or 30 above
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Coinbased: 5:23pm On Dec 06, 2020
Yeah
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Uniqueteco(m): 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2020
flemsy15:
I think it depends on the actual year the person graduated and not how old the person is currently. if u graduated when u were 30 or above, u r exempted but if u graduated when u r below 30, even if u don't do it then, u will still be required to do it even if u reach 40 years
Fact

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Age Limit. by SILVERLINES: 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
Bawofss:

I have someone who is interested....drop ur contact

Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Maximar: 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2020
As long as your first degree was obtained before the age of 30, wherever in the world, you won't be entitled to an exemption letter, i.e., you must serve, whichever age you may be.

However, graduate after clocking 30 and exemption letter awaits you.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by shantti(m): 9:20pm On Dec 06, 2020
if someone is too old to serve and is given an exemption letter, will he still get an NYSC certificate at d end
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by amliftedhigher: 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
johniemos:
With this your question, your degree or diploma should be withdrawn from you. Nonsense
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
Depreacherman:

��� you’re wicked lol

grin grin
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Wellington123: 12:36am On Dec 07, 2020
Is it an offence to serve at an age above 30? Pls house I need answers
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by wildikeman(m): 12:51am On Dec 07, 2020
NarnieAceTech:

My course mate finished at age 28 but due to ASUU strike and a lazy course adviser. No carry over or anything like that. He didn't get mobilized until he turned 30; then he was given exemption letter.

I was 30 when I graduated ...and I still went to service
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by habtund(f): 4:22pm On Dec 07, 2020
I will also be 30 next year May and my final result is not out, I don't know if I will be mobilize for NYSC....ASUU should please suspend the strike
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Olaxy21: 4:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
SILVERLINES:
it's 30years on the dot

If you are above that and still desperate for service, then do what is called Jamb late regularisation to bring down your age.

If interested quote me I will give you more information about it.
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Darexylamine: 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2021
SILVERLINES:
it's 30years on the dot

If you are above that and still desperate for service, then do what is called Jamb late regularisation to bring down your age.

Brother, I am in his shoes too.. Though sure to mistake from jamb and waec result
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Mikocake(m): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
mfm04622:

The true situation.

Before now. No matter your age, after graduation, you will be mobilized. If you are more than 30 year, you will apply for exemption. It is automatically granted. You will collect your exemption certificate when people you would have served with collect theirs.

After the recent increase in allowance.
If you are 30 and above, you are automatically exempted. Need to apply. You will not be mobilized and will collect your exemption certificate.

If you graduate before you are 30, you can defer your services but you are not qualified for exemption. You must serve anytime you are ready to collect the certificate. Even if you are 50

How can one defer their service year, sir?
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by davidtobi1759(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2022
SILVERLINES:
it's 30years on the dot

Can we have a private chat ?
Re: NYSC Age Limit. by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 29, 2022
[quote author=Olaxy21 post=106503432][/quote] pls i need ur help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A thread for corpers posted to Kano / Was The New Nysc Posting Policy Fully Implemented? / The 7 Stages Of Heartbreak When Your Call-up Letter Comes Out-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.