Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (46154 Views)

Let Us Create Man In Our Own Image, Who Was God Referring To? / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' / "Come Let's Have Sex" Church Crusade Poster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 9:02pm On Dec 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I don't care for anything you have to say though

Job38:4-7 . Testimony of Yahweh.
Hebrews1:2. Testimony from Paul.
Matthew19:4. Testimony from Jesus Christ.
Genesis 5:1-2. 1:26-27 testimony from Moses.
Uniformity of Authoritative, authentic Testimonies.

Bros, continue to believe your FALSE claim and GIBBERISH. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 9:17pm On Dec 01, 2020
Jjuuddee:
]Bros, Genesis 1:27 "God created man in his own image,in the image of God He created him male and female" (Compare Matthew 19:4).

Bros, according to Genesis 1:27, quoted by Jesus Christ (Matthew 19:4), God is "He"/ His".

Bros , "He" (God) is how many spirits?
Is "His"/He" a reference to 3 (Triune)?

God, Yahweh "created the Universe THROUGH His Son" and "all the angels shouted for joy."

Yahweh created Man and the Universe THROUGH His Son, Jesus Christ in presence of heavenly angels.

"Let us make man" is a direct speech to all sons (angels) of God.
(Worthy of note: In the spirit realm, Jesus calls himself "Son", Paul calls him "Son" ,Rev 1:5-6. 3:5,12,21. Hebrew 1:1-2. Galatians 4:4)

Hebrews 1:1-2 and Job 38:4-7 throws away Trinitarian FRAUD of Genesis 1:26 into the dustbin.

I think you are wrong when you say God referred to "us"as his sons.we are told that only humans are the only creature that he made in his image and likeness.so I think he was referring to Jesus

Job 38
Darby Translation
38 And Jehovah answered Job out of the whirlwind and said,

2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; and I will demand of thee, and inform thou me.

4 Where wast thou when I founded the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who set the measures thereof—if thou knowest? or who stretched a line upon it?

6 Whereupon were the foundations thereof sunken? or who laid its corner-stone,

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Job38:1,4-7, Bros who were there when Jehovah created the Universe ?

Who shouted for joy after creation?
Who were the "us" @ Genesis 1:26?
Sons of God, those spirits who shouted for joy.
Hebrews1:2 God created the Universe THROUGH His Son.

Amos 3:7 (Compare Genesis 1:26)
Surely the Lord Yahweh will do nothing, unless he reveals his secret to his servants the prophets.
Genesis 1:26, He , Yahweh revealed His plans to His Son. (Hebrews1:2)

Bros, cleanse yourself from that junk Pastorpreneurs have been spoon feeding you for ages cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by enilove(m): 9:19pm On Dec 01, 2020
Janosky:

Job38:4-7 . Testimony of Yahweh.
Hebrews1:2. Testimony from Paul.
Matthew19:4. Testimony from Jesus Christ.
Genesis 5:1-2. 1:26-27 testimony from Moses.
Uniformity of Authoritative, authentic Testimonies.

Bros, continue to believe your FALSE claim and GIBBERISH. cheesy

You are TRULY CONFUSED.

Jesus is not equal to His Father , but he is God Almighty and he is our Creator .

Revelation 1:7-18 KJV
Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
[8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
[9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
[10] I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, [11] Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
[12] And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
[13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
[14] His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
[15] And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
[16] And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
[17] And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
[18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

3 Likes

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 9:45pm On Dec 01, 2020
enilove:

You are TRULY CONFUSED.

Jesus is not equal to His Father , but he is God Almighty and he is our Creator .

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
[8] I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
[9] I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
[10] I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, [11] Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
[12] And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
[13] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
[14] His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;
[15] And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.
[16] And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
[17] And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
[18] I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

God Almighty get Papa ? cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Bros, your claim is FALSE. cheesy wink grin
Revelation 1:5-6, 3:21 in the spiritual realm Jesus Christ is a Son of his God and Father cheesy grin

Revelation 1:1,7, the Revelation that Almighty God gave to Jesus.

Your Bible says your claim is FALSEcheesy
grin

Matthew 27:46 "my God my God why have you forsaken me"
Why will God Almighty be begging another Spirit Being to rescue him from death?
Shege to Trinity Fraud cheesy grin

Studylight Trinitarian website (screenshot) says your claim on Revelation 1:11 is FALSE.
"Alpha and omega" is NOT in the oldest Greek manuscripts of Revelation 1:11.

John 3:16-18,36 Condemnation na serious matter ooo.

Your Bible said so.

cheesy cheesy grin. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by DappaD: 10:05pm On Dec 01, 2020
Lol if we're going by his theory, then Jesus is also John in Revelation 1:9 since some people don't reason with their brains.

Janosky:

Revelation 1:5-6, 3:21 in the spiritual realm Jesus Christ is a Son of his God and Father cheesy grin
grin

Studylight Trinitarian website (screenshot) says your claim on Revelation 1:11 is FALSE.
Your Bible said so.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2020
DappaD:
Lol if we're going by his theory, then Jesus is also John in Revelation 1:9 since some people don't reason with their brains.

For Enilove mind Yahweh's Testimony is confused
Jesus Testimony is confused.
Moses Testimony is confused.

Trinity GIBBERISH dey play kalokalo with him brain.
cheesy grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Ezekiel36vs28: 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2020
Janosky:

For Enilove mind Yahweh's Testimony is confused
Jesus Testimony is confused.
Moses Testimony is confused.

Trinity GIBBERISH dey play kalokalo with him brain.
cheesy grin cheesy
Jesusjnr submission is right about Gen 1:26-27.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by orisa37: 12:20am On Dec 02, 2020
God is The Presiding SPIRIT of all The Spirits.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by orisa37: 12:24am On Dec 02, 2020
The Spirits in God's Sphere that were in His Cabinet.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr1: 12:24am On Dec 02, 2020
Janosky:

Job 38:4-7, Yahweh's reply to Job is solid evidence that you , "Jesusjnr2020" knows NOTHING !
All the angels rejoiced ,"shouted in applause" when Yahweh created the Universe (Job38:4-7) THROUGH His Son (Hebrew 1:2) cheesy grin cheesy cheesy.

Matthew19:4, (compare Genesis 5:1-2, 1:27), what did Jesus Christ who was present@ the Creation of Man teach you?
Is the Creator, "He" or 3 spirits?

John 1:1 "The Word" , that definite article "the", shows you " the Word" is a spirit person, NOT a spoken speech.
John 17:17, " your word (God's speech) is truth".
God's speech is NOT a spirit person ( called "the Word" @ John 1:1).
How can "the Word" be God's speech when "the Word" obeys his Father's speech giving him command, @ John 12:49-50 & John 15:15 in heaven?

cheesy grin cheesy grin
The Truth obviously makes you feel so uncomfortable that you couldn't resist responding to it.

If anything, the text you gave in the book of Job proves me right that the angels weren't involved in making anything in the beginning. There own was to "shout" at work that God had done in the beginning via the combined effort of His Word and Spirit.

Concerning the Word of God, your comment has done nothing but exposed your ignorance of the Truth. Imagine someone trying to differentiate the "Word of God" through whom God made all things in the beginning from the "Truth".

Let me not even waste my time arguing with you but allow the Truth Himself to prove to you that you JW's were nothing but liars and Antichrists.

John 14:6 (KJV)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 1:31am On Dec 02, 2020
jesusjnr1:
The Truth obviously makes you feel so uncomfortable that you couldn't resist responding to it.

If anything, the text you gave in the book of Job proves me right that the angels weren't involved in making anything in the beginning. There own was to "shout" at work that God had done in the beginning via the combined effort of His Word and Spirit.

Concerning the Word of God, your comment has done nothing but exposed your ignorance of the Truth. Imagine someone trying to differentiate the "Word of God" through whom God made all things in the beginning from the "Truth".

Let me not even waste my time arguing with you but allow the Truth Himself to prove to you that you JW's were nothing but liars and Antichrists.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, THE TRUTH, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesusjnr LIAR cheesy

Yahweh told Job, all the angels of God shouted with joy when Yahweh created the Universe @ Job 38:4-7, THROUGH His Son Jesus" @Hebrews 1:2.
Hebrews1:2 proof that Yahweh spoke to Jesus @ Genesis 1:26 ,
Yahweh does not recognize 2 man made Godheads

Don't input your False claim into my post.

Bros , you're misquoting & twisting John 14:6.

John 17:8,14,17 , Jesus Christ is referencing John 15:15 and Hebrews 4:12 NOT John 14:6.
Jesus Christ says your claim is FALSE.

John 17:8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you,and they believed that you sent me.

14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.
17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.

Jesus passed down his Father's speech, commands, instructions to the disciples,
John 17:8,14,17 & John 12:49-50, John 15:15 is very authentic.
" I gave them the words you have me and they accepted them" , John 17:8.
Jesusjnr LIAR

3 Likes

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by livingchrist: 4:05am On Dec 02, 2020
Janosky:

Job 38:4-7, Yahweh spoke to Job, says your claim GIBBERISH.

Yahweh created the Universe THROUGH His Son Jesus Christ, in the presence of angels.

Genesis 1:26 , Yahweh spoke to His Son, Jesus.
Not to man made dogheads.
When you listen to Junk too often, when Bible speaks, you reject the truth grin
you have started looking for argument again, of course that is what your governing body idiots and watch tower dog teaches you.
Is Jesus not Jehovah God? Next time read and digest my post else you disgrace yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Blabbermouth: 7:14am On Dec 02, 2020
Janosky my guy, let me ask you;
How is Man in the image and the likeness of the "US" (God and angels) in reference to Gen 1?
Janosky:

grin

Your Bible said so.

1 Like

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Blabbermouth: 7:28am On Dec 02, 2020
divinemichael:
I ask this question, because of the teachings of certain sects and religious groups, such as Islam who claims Christ was just a prophet, the Jehovah witness who claim Christ is angel michael, and some other groups who try to discredit and deny the divinity and preexistence of Christ.
Okay.

I presume God's statement (come lets make man in our own image) in the book of "Genesis" was directed to Christ and possibly the holy spirit which is a proof for the doctrine of trinity...
You started with I presume... , then you went on to say ...is a proof...
How is your presumption a proof? Uhn?

Anyway if there's a contrary probative opinion with cogent evidences, am ready to learn and be corrected.
God willing, we are all open to learn and be corrected.
Word and spirit of God, are they A distinct [I mean, independent] entity from God?
If not, then why is God calling a part of him to come together and make men?

1 Like

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Blabbermouth: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2020
enilove:

God was actually speaking to Jesus Christ.
So, was Jesus Christ created?

1 Like

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr1: 7:51am On Dec 02, 2020
Janosky:

Jesusjnr LIAR cheesy

Yahweh told Job, all the angels of God shouted with joy when Yahweh created the Universe @ Job 38:4-7, THROUGH His Son Jesus" @Hebrews 1:2.
Hebrews1:2 proof that Yahweh spoke to Jesus @ Genesis 1:26 ,
Yahweh does not recognize 2 man made Godheads

Don't input your False claim into my post.

Bros , you're misquoting & twisting John 14:6.

John 17:8,14,17 , Jesus Christ is referencing John 15:15 and Hebrews 4:12 NOT John 14:6.
Jesus Christ says your claim is FALSE.

John 17:8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you,and they believed that you sent me.

14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.
17 Sanctify them by THE TRUTH; your word is truth.

Jesus passed down his Father's speech, commands, instructions to the disciples,
John 17:8,14,17 & John 12:49-50, John 15:15 is very authentic.
" I gave them the words you have me and they accepted them" , John 17:8.
Jesusjnr LIAR
What makes me a liar. The fact that I repeated what you said?

You said this:

Janosky:

John 17:17, " your word (God's speech) IS TRUTH".
God's speech is NOT a spirit person ( called "the Word" @ John 1:1).

You also said this:

Janosky:

17 Sanctify them by THE TRUTH; your word is truth.

And i said this:
jesusjnr1:

So if you said THE WORD was Jesus, and THE TRUTH was God's speech, and Jesus THE WORD said He's also THE TRUTH that you claimed was God's speech, shouldn't that tell you Jesus, the Word of God, was also God's speech?

So if there's any liar here between the both of us, it's the person who would say Jesus is THE WORD, but at the same time, that Jesus, THE WORD, is not THE TRUTH.

I don't even need to argue with you anymore because your own words has betrayed you and exposed your lies.

4 Likes

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:18am On Dec 02, 2020
No matter how any religionist try to defend the highlighted it doesn't make any sense, those claiming it's real are misinformed individuals.

God's word is for everyone but the interpretation was given to few {Daniel 12:10} that's why there is contractions in the churches of Christendom today. Many have tried to interpret God's word and make it accessible for everyone, though that is commendable however since it's not God's time to reveal the understanding of those sacred writings none of the interpreters can understand it accurately.

The Bible book of Revelation is the last book and there are many sacred secrets written in symbols so we need to single out the interpretation that's not beclouded by dogmas or preconceived thoughts based on tradition.

There are many quotations of speech, expression and acts written to teach us certain things that we need to know regarding the endtime.

JEHOVAH, Jesus, angels, anointed ones including Apostles John himself were quoted in this book. So if not those given the spirit of wisdom to distinguish between the voices heard it's difficult for anyone to pick up the Bible and say "this voice belongs to so and so".

The title "God Almighty" simply means the one who is above all authority, Jesus can't be this person because the authority he has was given to him {Matthew 28:18} just as Satan also said all the kingdoms of the earth has been handed over to him {Luke 4:6} and the Bible made it clear to us that when all authority was given to Jesus it exclude the one who gave Jesus such power! 1Corinthians 15:26-28

So we need to have clear understanding of those speaking in the book of Revelation otherwise we will continue to mix things up. Jesus himself knew this will happen that's why he said "by their fruit you will distinguish between those who got things right and those who got it wrong" Matthew 7:15-20

The organization or group of people who got it right will have the spirit of God bearing witness in their midst as LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL which are the qualities of God's holy spirit will be evident amongst them. Paul went on to warn all sincere and honest hearted individuals that whenever you notice this qualities in any organization "know that there is no law (whether divine or human) that could be justified against them" Galatians 5:22-23

So i'll implore you to make a thorough research to IDENTIFY Jesus' group because Jesus who promised to be with his disciples till the end {Matthew 28:20} is in their midst that's why all the qualities of the FRUIT of God's holy spirit is evident amongst them! John 15:8

Thanks and may God bless you! smiley

enilove:

You are TRULY CONFUSED.
Jesus is not equal to His Father , but he is God Almighty and he is our Creator.

2 Likes

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by haddeylium(m): 9:50am On Dec 02, 2020
enilove:

You are TRULY CONFUSED.

Jesus is not equal to His Father , but he is God Almighty and he is our Creator

Amighty- having unlimited power; omnipotent.

That's is how Dictionary define Almighty.
Is that your definition too?
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 3:28pm On Dec 02, 2020
Let me answer this question with another question. Who brought forth all the land creatures? According to Genesis 1:24 it was “the earth.”

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. (KJV)

The Hebrew for “living creature” is נפש חיה nephesh hhayah. In Genesis 2:7 the phrase “living soul” is in Hebrew נפש חיה nephesh hhayah. That is correct, the very same phrase, but let’s read that verse in context.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (KJV)

According to this verse God “formed” the man from the ground. In fact, the Hebrew word for “man” is אדם (adam) and the word for ground is אדמה (adamah).

Just as the earth brought forth the creatures, the earth too brought forth man? Who is the “us” in “let us make man? I think it is pretty obvious.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MuttleyLaff: 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
sonmvayina:
Let me answer this question with another question. Who brought forth all the land creatures? According to Genesis 1:24 it was “the earth.”

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. (KJV)

The Hebrew for “living creature” is נפש חיה nephesh hhayah. In Genesis 2:7 the phrase “living soul” is in Hebrew נפש חיה nephesh hhayah. That is correct, the very same phrase, but let’s read that verse in context.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (KJV)

According to this verse God “formed” the man from the ground. In fact, the Hebrew word for “man” is אדם (adam) and the word for ground is אדמה (adamah).

Just as the earth brought forth the creatures, the earth too brought forth man? ...
"I have discovered only this:
God made human beings for righteousness, but they seek many alternatives.
(i.e. Or, only see this:
I have discovered that God made people upright, but they pursued many schemes.
Or, I did learn one thing:
We were completely honest when God created us, but now we have twisted minds
Or, I have found only this:
God made people decent, but they looked for many ways [to avoid being decent].
Or, This is all that I have learned:
God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated)
"
- Ecclesiastes 7:29

sonmvayina:
Who is the “us” in “let us make man"? I think it is pretty obvious.
Though the “us” in Genesis 1:26's “let us make man" just as with "... become like one of us ..." in the Genesis 3:22 or "let us go down ..." in the Genesis 11:7, is talking of the Godhead, but then we equally and unashamedly, could say that, in regards to particularly Genesis 1:26 alone, the “us”, is referring to God and the earth, taking cue form you pointing out that according to Genesis 1:24 it was “the earth” who brought forth all the land creatures, lmso, and you saying that, just as the earth brought forth the creatures, the earth too brought forth man, lmso, so yeah, as regards Genesis 1:26, then the “us”, is referring to God and the earth, lmso.

Now, it is pretty obvious that anywhere else, “us”, is seen, it is referring to God (i.e. the Godhead) exclusively, lmso, being that we know, “usis a pronoun, occasionally used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself, as the object of a verb or preposition. The Lord (i.e. Yahweh), God (i.e. Elohim), is one. Remember that Elohim is usually understood to be grammatically masculine singular, lmso.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 5:58pm On Dec 02, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"I have discovered only this:
God made human beings for righteousness, but they seek many alternatives.
(i.e. Or, only see this:
I have discovered that God made people upright, but they pursued many schemes.
Or, I did learn one thing:
We were completely honest when God created us, but now we have twisted minds
Or, I have found only this:
God made people decent, but they looked for many ways [to avoid being decent].
Or, This is all that I have learned:
God made us plain and simple, but we have made ourselves very complicated)
"
- Ecclesiastes 7:29

Though the “us” in Genesis 1:26's “let us make man" just as with "... become like one of us ..." in the Genesis 3:22 or "let us go down ..." in the Genesis 11:7, is talking of the Godhead, but then we equally and unashamedly, could say that, in regards to particularly Genesis 1:26 alone, the “us”, is referring to God and the earth, taking cue form you pointing out that according to Genesis 1:24 it was “the earth” who brought forth all the land creatures, lmso, and you saying that, just as the earth brought forth the creatures, the earth too brought forth man, lmso, so yeah, as regards Genesis 1:26, then the “us”, is referring to God and the earth, lmso.

Now, it is pretty obvious that anywhere else, “us”, is seen, it is referring to God (i.e. the Godhead) exclusively, lmso, being that we know, “usis a pronoun, occasionally used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself, as the object of a verb or preposition. The Lord (i.e. Elohim), God, is one. Remember that Elohim is usually understood to be grammatically masculine singular, lmso.

Couldn't make heads or tails....clarify .
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MuttleyLaff: 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2020
sonmvayina:
Couldn't make heads or tails...
[img]https://media./images/a16f804367dc644337aedb769411f439/tenor.gif[/img]

sonmvayina:
... clarify.
It is pretty obvious that, “us”, is referring to God (i.e. the Godhead) exclusively, being that we know, the word, “us” is a pronoun, occasionally used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself, (e.g. the Queen of England) as the object of a verb or preposition. The LORD, (i.e. Yahweh) our God (i.e. Elohim), the LORD (i.e. Yahweh) is one (i.e. Deuteronomy 6:4 or Mark 12:29). Remember that Elohim is usually understood to be grammatically masculine singular.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://media./images/a16f804367dc644337aedb769411f439/tenor.gif[/img]

It is pretty obvious that, “us”, is referring to God (i.e. the Godhead) exclusively, being that we know, the word, “us” is a pronoun, occasionally used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself, (e.g. the Queen of England) as the object of a verb or preposition. The LORD, (i.e. Elohim) our God, the LORD is one (i.e. Deuteronomy 6:4 or Mark 12:29). Remember that Elohim is usually understood to be grammatically masculine singular.

Who or what is man ?

"And the lord God formed MAN from the dust of the earth and breathed in his nostrils and man became a living soul "

I think it is pretty obvious , he was talking to the earth as she provided the dust for the body..

In the Igbo version she provided sticks for bones, beans for kidney, cucumber for dicks, ...you know what o mean..
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MuttleyLaff: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
sonmvayina:
Who or what is man ?

"And the lord God formed MAN from the dust of the earth and breathed in his nostrils and man became a living soul "
The Man in the original text actually says human beings, so the word MAN, in there, means human beings aka homo sapiens

sonmvayina:
I think it is pretty obvious, He was talking to the earth as she provided the dust for the body..

In the Igbo version she provided sticks for bones, beans for kidney, cucumber for dicks, ...you know what o mean..
I already aconcured with you when I said, though the “us” in Genesis 1:26's “let us make man," just as with "... become like one of us ..." verse, in Genesis 3:22 or "let us go down ..." in the Genesis 11:7 verse, is talking of the Godhead, but then we equally and unashamedly, could say that, in regards to particularly Genesis 1:26 alone, the “us”, is referring to God and the earth, taking cue from you pointing out that according to Genesis 1:24 it was “the earth” who brought forth all the land creatures, and you saying that, just as the earth brought forth the creatures, the earth too brought forth man, so yeah, as regards Genesis 1:26, then the “us”, is referring to God and the earth,

However, going forward of Genesis 1:26, anywhere else, “us”, is seen, it is referring to God (i.e. the Godhead) exclusively, being that we know, that “us” is a pronoun, occasionally used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself, as the object of a verb or preposition. The Lord (i.e. Elohim), God, is one. Remember that Elohim is usually understood to be grammatically masculine singular, so meaning there is no plurality in the Godhead. Capisce?
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 7:15am On Dec 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
The Man in the original text actually says human beings, so the word MAN, in there, means human beings aka homo sapiens

I already aconcured with you when I said, though the “us” in Genesis 1:26's “let us make man," just as with "... become like one of us ..." verse, in Genesis 3:22 or "let us go down ..." in the Genesis 11:7 verse, is talking of the Godhead, but then we equally and unashamedly, could say that, in regards to particularly Genesis 1:26 alone, the “us”, is referring to God and the earth, taking cue from you pointing out that according to Genesis 1:24 it was “the earth” who brought forth all the land creatures, and you saying that, just as the earth brought forth the creatures, the earth too brought forth man, so yeah, as regards Genesis 1:26, then the “us”, is referring to God and the earth,

However, going forward of Genesis 1:26, anywhere else, “us”, is seen, it is referring to God (i.e. the Godhead) exclusively, being that we know, that “us” is a pronoun, occasionally used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself, as the object of a verb or preposition. The Lord (i.e. Elohim), God, is one. Remember that Elohim is usually understood to be grammatically masculine singular, so meaning there is no plurality in the Godhead. Capisce?

What do you mean by God head ?

In light of Isaiah 45:5-8
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by ABIODUN105(m): 8:46am On Dec 03, 2020
This thread his interesting have learnt a lot.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 9:49am On Dec 03, 2020
ABIODUN105:
This thread his interesting have learnt a lot.

Do you mind sharing

Please..
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by ABIODUN105(m): 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
sonmvayina:

Do you mind sharing
Please..
Ok i will
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:27am On Dec 06, 2020
divinemichael:

Jesus jnr2020, I think your level of biblical competence is remarkable, I believe all you said, for it is not only detailed but as well eye-opening. Thanks alot.. the Jehovah witnesses are misguided in their notions, and the Muslims I believe got it all wrong from their foundational principle.
Jesus is God, and God is Jesus. I believe, I love God ... Amen.
Thanks.

It's God that reveals the mysteries of His kingdom to the sons of men.

Though I don't believe Jesus is the Father because He came from the Father and the Father is greater than He is. But that doesn't matter much even if it be the Truth because They are One, so the most important thing is that we are one with Them.

God bless.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by cynthia500(f): 8:56am On Dec 06, 2020
mystery
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by malele(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2020
Janosky:
Bros, Genesis 1:27 "God created man in his own image,in the image of God He created him male and female" (Compare Matthew 19:4).

Bros, according to Genesis 1:27, quoted by Jesus Christ (Matthew 19:4), God is "He"/ His".

Bros , "He" (God) is how many spirits?
Is "His"/He" a reference to 3 (Triune)?

God, Yahweh "created the Universe THROUGH His Son" and "all the angels shouted for joy."

Yahweh created Man and the Universe THROUGH His Son, Jesus Christ in presence of heavenly angels.

"Let us make man" is a direct speech to all sons (angels) of God.
(Worthy of note: In the spirit realm, Jesus calls himself "Son", Paul calls him "Son" ,Rev 1:5-6. 3:5,12,21. Hebrew 1:1-2. Galatians 4:4)

Hebrews 1:1-2 and Job 38:4-7 throws away Trinitarian FRAUD of Genesis 1:26 into the dustbin.

cheesy wink cheesy

Nice bros
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Kingrefreshed: 8:57am On Dec 06, 2020
divinemichael:
I ask this question, because of the teachings of certain sects and religious groups, such as Islam who claims Christ was just a prophet, the Jehovah witness who claim Christ is angel michael, and some other groups who try to discredit and deny the divinity and preexistence of Christ.

I presume God's statement (come lets make man in our own image) in the book of "Genesis" was directed to Christ and possibly the holy spirit which is a proof for the doctrine of trinity...

Anyway if there's a contrary probative opinion with cogent evidences, am ready to learn and be corrected.

He was referring to GOD THE FATHER! GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

'A Pregnant Married Woman Accused Biodun Fatoyinbo Of Rape'' - Adesuwa Onyenokwe / Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.