Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (46198 Views)

Let Us Create Man In Our Own Image, Who Was God Referring To? / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' / "Come Let's Have Sex" Church Crusade Poster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Nobody: 11:42am On Dec 06, 2020
Jesus was the first fruit of creation..the only creation made direct by God...others were created through him...
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by blacknp(m): 11:45am On Dec 06, 2020
jmichael259:

New testament? 2000 years after what? Go back to your history or archeology classes. Btw that's off topic.
7 Thousand years after, Old & New Testament have no nexus, Old Testament written by righteous men of the East, New Testament written Godless Europeans from the West.

The New Testament is the name given to the second and final portion of the Christian Bible. Jesus is its central figure.

The term "New Testament" came into use in the second century during a controversy among Christians over whether the Hebrew Bible should be included with the Christian writings as sacred scripture. The New Testament presupposes the inspiration of the Old Testament.

Some other works which were widely read by early churches were excluded from the New Testament and relegated to the collections known as the Apostolic Fathers (generally considered orthodox) and the New Testament Apocrypha (including both orthodox and heretical works).
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by idowuolanipekun: 11:46am On Dec 06, 2020
[quote author=divinemichael post=96618401]I ask this question, because of the teachings of certain sects and religious groups, such as Islam who claims Christ was just a prophet, the Jehovah witness who claim Christ is angel michael, and some other groups who try to discredit and deny the divinity and preexistence of Christ.

I presume God's statement (come lets make man in our own image) in the book of "Genesis" was directed to Christ and possibly the holy spirit which is a proof for the doctrine of trinity...

Anyway if there's a contrary probative opinion with cogent evidences, am ready to learn and be corrected. [/quote, Colossians 1 vs 15 make it clear he was talking to first born of all creation which is Jesus Christ, for it's written from the beginning as the word of God
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2020
Donspicey:

Dis una matter sef..........

God Said Come Lets make man in our own Image...

He was speaking to Jesus Christ...But the Angels were also there even Lucciffer......

Na wetin para Lufficer be dat say God no talk to him directly but instead HE talked to Jesus...

Lucciffer is the god of ths world...just to let you know... grin most of the earthly stuff ya all doing are not godly...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by dozeman: 11:48am On Dec 06, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
John 1:1-3 (KJV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

That meeting in the beginning was a meeting of the highest order of heaven. It involved the Three in one Person.

The Father, the Word (which later became flesh in Jesus) and the Spirit.

The Word and Spirit belongs to the Father and They were both instrumental in the Work He did in the beginning. The Word came out of His Mouth, and the Spirit performed the Word.

So when God said let Us make man in our Own image, the "Us" referred to Word and the Spirit which He used to make the things He made in the beginning.

He also used "let Us" in the Instance of the tower of babel, where the one language of the world was divided. It involved the same Word and the Spirit which He used to make things in the beginning, hence after the same Word was made flesh, and was multiplied after His death, and the Spirit of God performed the Word that had multiplied, they were able to speak in the one language that was divided because of the tower of Babel when God used the term, "let Us" as He did in the beginning.

God doesn't consult with the angels concerning any plans He has, He just makes decisions and gives them instructions to carry out. The angels weren't involved in the making of things in the beginning so God couldn't have been talking to them but those involved which was His Word and His Spirit.

God bless.

Awesome.....you have said it all

2 Likes

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Arysexy(m): 11:49am On Dec 06, 2020
JW and Muslims just dey deceive themselves.

No need arguing with brainwashed lots
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by TheMan3: 11:51am On Dec 06, 2020
enilove:

You are confused .

The Bible says in :

Genesis 1:26 KJV
And God said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

It is clear from the above scripture that someone was with God when He was about to create Adam and the instruction was simple LET US CREATE .

Whoever that person was , can not be anything but a CREATOR like God the speaker .

Jesus was able to create a new hand , eyes and give life to the dead. Who could give life other than God ?

If it were the angels that God was speaking to , the they would have been referred to as our Gods . It would then not be a sin to worship them , since they are our Creators . Fortunately they are not. That is why it is a sin to worship angels .

I do believe it was the Holy Spirit He was regarding to. The remember the Spirit of the Lord hovered above the waters,,, and God said...

In the book of proverbs, we understand that The Holy Spirit who is wisdom said

Proverbs 8

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

So I believe it was the precious Holy Spirit
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Blabbermouth: 11:53am On Dec 06, 2020
Blabbermouth:
Janosky my guy, let me ask you;
How is Man in the image and the likeness of the "US" (God and angels) in reference to Gen 1?
Janosky!
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by idowuolanipekun: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2020
TheMan3:

I do believe it was the Holy Spirit He was regarding to. The remember the Spirit of the Lord hovered above the waters,,, and God said...

In the book of proverbs, we understand that The Holy Spirit who is wisdom said

Proverbs 8

30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;

31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.

32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.

So I believe it was the precious Holy Spirit
pls read Colossians 1 vs 15, he was referring to the first born of all creation which is Jesus Christ
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by layegite: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2020
divinemichael:
I ask this question, because of the teachings of certain sects and religious groups, such as Islam who claims Christ was just a prophet, the Jehovah witness who claim Christ is angel michael, and some other groups who try to discredit and deny the divinity and preexistence of Christ.

I presume God's statement (come lets make man in our own image) in the book of "Genesis" was directed to Christ and possibly the holy spirit which is a proof for the doctrine of trinity...

Anyway if there's a contrary probative opinion with cogent evidences, am ready to learn and be corrected.

Assumption again haha.

Oga ooo.
Was it said in the Bible that it is Jesus Christ??

Y saying wat is not stated.

Read from the holy book plz
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by femi4: 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
thinkmoney:

I told you of the vision Stephen saw of God even in heaven now, where Jesus, a different entity, sat by God (not in God)
It was the fulfilment of the Bible where it said; Jehovah said to my Lord (kjv translated this rather confusingly by saying my LORD {in capitals} said to my Lord...), sit down at my right hand side untill I make your enemies your footstool.
He's God the son, nobody claimed that he's God the Father. Don't get it twisted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by blacknp(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
mtisTheQubit:
Jesus was the first fruit of creation..the only creation made direct by God...others were created through him...
Maybe your own God, my own understanding it was Adam & Lilith.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by AustineJohn908(m): 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
blacknp:
Statements like this is what makes muslims claim Christians don’t understand what they are practicing, just following the Godless European version of a so called divinity that cannot be proven. Yeshua a man born of a woman created the universe that was in existence millions of years before him, & millions of years after? The Bible tells us that God is not a Man.
Yes and same Bible tells us that In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. he was in the beginning with God and all things were made by him and through him. so maybe you can tell me what that passage means
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 06, 2020
Wonder who was the secretary that was documenting what he said?

I need my sanity.....I LEFT RELIGION

1 Like

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 11:59am On Dec 06, 2020
AustineJohn908:
So you mean God comes from clay? cause as you say Humans come clay.

No,

Man is made up of the spirit of God(or breath )+ dust of the earth..

The dust was used to fashion man, and God breathed through his nostrils to bring it to life, the bible says and man became a living soul.

When a man dies, it means everything will go back to as they where, the body will return to the earth. It will be buried or cremated while the spirit will return to God who gave it..just as Ecclesiastes 12:7 says..
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by AustineJohn908(m): 11:59am On Dec 06, 2020
blacknp:
Statements like this is what makes muslims claim Christians don’t understand what they are practicing, just following the Godless European version of a so called divinity that cannot be proven. Yeshua a man born of a woman created the universe that was in existence millions of years before him, & millions of years after? The Bible tells us that God is not a Man.
Yes and same Bible tells us that In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was God. he was in the beginning with God and all things were made by him and through him. so maybe you can tell me what that passage means

And about Hebrew 1-8 .." and to the Son he said, your Throne o God will last forever and ever, a scepter of Justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
My question to you is, Who was talking in this passage.. Why will God almighty call Jesus Christ God and say your Throne will last forever and ever?

talk to me..if you can give me answers to all my questions den you have won someone into islam
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by blacknp(m): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
AustineJohn908:
An ancient mythology used by most religions thousand of years before the so called Bible, the myth isn’t exclusive to only Christians, they actually copied the theory from other religions.

The Proto-Semitic people emerged from a generally accepted urheimat in the Arabian Peninsula and Levant. The Proto-Semitic people would migrate throughout the Near East into Mesopotamia, Egypt, Ethiopia and the eastern shore of the Mediterranean. 3300–1300 BCE.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 12:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
Awoo88:

What mother earth was God talking to? And how is Jesus fictitious??
Jesus is a roman creation. At the council of Nicea..

The earth, she brought the dust that God used to fashion the body before God breathed into it.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
jaxxy:

At the end of the day u didn’t even answer the main question. undecided

Just in a hurry to dispute what Christians think. undecided

Maybe because you can't read and comprehend, not my problem..
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Donspicey: 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

Lucciffer is the god of ths world...just to let you know... grin most of the earthly stuff ya all doing are not godly...

Sure he is the Ruler of d world but not forever......
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by blacknp(m): 12:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
AustineJohn908:

And about Hebrew 1-8 .." and to the Son he said, your Throne o God will last forever and ever, a scepter of Justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
My question to you is, Who was talking in this passage.. Why will God almighty call Jesus Christ God and say your Throne will last forever and ever?

talk to me..if you can give me answers to all my questions den you have won someone into islam
You keep quoting the New Testament? These are all stories created by the Europeans, just like they have made you believe Yeashua was white, & born of a virgin.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by blacknp(m): 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2020
mtisTheQubit:

God is in Heaven, Money is God to man on earth, even the churches can’t deny it, they want 10% of that money, it is mandated law to them.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Donspicey: 12:07pm On Dec 06, 2020
sonmvayina:

Jesus is a roman creation. At the council of Nicea..

The earth, she brought the dust that God used to fashion the body before God breathed into it.

You are drifting from the word of God Bro.....

God,Jesus,And the Angels including Luccifer hv been in Existence bfr God Created the World.....
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by AustineJohn908(m): 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
blacknp:
You keep quoting the New Testament? These are all stories created by the Europeans, just like they have made you believe Yeashua was white, & born of a virgin.
Bros pls if you can't give me a precise explanation then we have nothing to say fa. and besides Hebrew 1vs 8 isn't new testament...it is old testament
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by At10tion: 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2020
He was talking to me and you! We've been with him from the foundation of the earth.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by AustineJohn908(m): 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
blacknp:
An ancient mythology used by most religions thousand of years before the so called Bible, the myth isn’t exclusive to only Christians, they actually copied the theory from other religions.

The Proto-Semitic people emerged from a generally accepted urheimat in the Arabian Peninsula and Levant. The Proto-Semitic people would migrate throughout the Near East into Mesopotamia, Egypt, Ethiopia and the eastern shore of the Mediterranean. 3300–1300 BCE.
You haven't answered me. I'm not asking you for the history of religion or the history of some people. I'm asking you to tell me what Hebrew 1:8 mean and John1:1 mean.
Ok if you can't tell me for John since it new testament, tell me about the Hebrew 1:8..
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by AustineJohn908(m): 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
sonmvayina:

No,

Man is made up of the spirit of God(or breath )+ dust of the earth..

The dust was used to fashion man, and God breathed through his nostrils to bring it to life, the bible says and man became a living soul.

When a man dies, it means everything will go back to as they where, the body will return to the earth. It will be buried or cremated while the spirit will return to God who gave it..just as Ecclesiastes 12:7 says..
Alright but same Bible also said it was through Jesus Christ God created the earth
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by blacknp(m): 12:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
AustineJohn908:

Who told you the son of man is Yeshua they were referring to? Humanity, Mankind, is the son of man, not an individual, not every religion believes in your Jesus Christ story, to a lot of people the New Testament is no different from reading a super fiction religious script.

1 Like

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2020
blacknp:
Maybe your own God, my own understanding it was Adam & Lilith.
Adam an the lady are latecomers...creation is old than humans cheesy
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by dhope: 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2020
Kokoebapluse:
mat 13:34-35 Jesus also refer himself as a prophet. so what wrong if muslim call him prophet?
Let's stop quoting bible verses without reading to details. Vs 34-35 of Mat 13 is not the words of Jesus but the writer of the chapter. The writer was just drawing conclusion from the parables that Jesus had talked about from verses 3-33 of the same chapter and drew conclusion that some prophets had prophesied these parable talk of Jesus long before He was teaching with it. Kindly read bible deeply before making conclusion to avoid misunderstanding
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 06, 2020
Donspicey:

Sure he is the Ruler of d world but not forever......

true...his time is almost up...
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by AustineJohn908(m): 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
blacknp:
See I agree with you that The Bible might have one or few contradictions here or there but one thing that is always constant is the Divinity of Jesus Christ(Yashua)
The Bible made it clear that Jesus Christ is the word of God and all things were made through him and by him and for him.
I'm not part of the Trinity group o but I believe that Jesus Christ was there doing man creation because even him said Before Abraham, I was.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Ghanaian Herbalist Lands In Hospital After Testing His Powers Aganist Bullets / Jollof Rice Made Me Go To UNN – Pastor Adeboye / Muslim Man Praying Before A Church Banner (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.