Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? (46152 Views)

Let Us Create Man In Our Own Image, Who Was God Referring To? / Church Of England Wants To Stop Referring To God As ‘he’, ‘him’ And ‘our Father' / "Come Let's Have Sex" Church Crusade Poster (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by OyinO: 1:49pm On Dec 16, 2020
nnamdiosu:

Oh I get you now. Yoy are taking about the ethnic races?
However , the image being spoke about in the bible isnt the physical image. Its the internal spiritual image which is the real man.

You are referring to the body, which is just a container. All humans have different body, but spiritually are all the same image or spirit with God.

The Creationist Account is not about Spirituality or Spirits, it's creation of Human body from dust. Don't attach spirit to it. That's how you fail exams. The creation of man was in the likeness and image of body and appearance. When Adam was cursed, he was told, "FROM DUST WERE YOU MADE, AND ONTO DUST YE SHALL RETURN. There was no mention of spirit. You are the deceivers, but we are wide awake now. You can't fool us all.

1 Like

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by AbdulSleeky: 6:33pm On Dec 16, 2020
Rilwayne001:
Christianity is an odious lie.

That Bible is filled with contradictions and illogicals but these lots are too blind to see it. The major reason why there are hundreds of denominations with different levels of delusions.

Smh

lol...says the muslim whose religious book is based on christianity's bible.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:49pm On Dec 16, 2020
haddeylium:

Good evening!
Have you considered this part before
Ex 4:16 -
He shall speak for you to the people, and he shall be your mouth, and you shall be as God to him. (compare vs 14,15)

Aaron became Moses' mouth/word by serving as his Spokeperson.

The Same way Moses and Aaron are different individual, Jehovah and Jesus' are!
Even though Aaron is Moses' words, those words he spoke are not his... right?

John 7:16
Jesus, in turn, answered them and said: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him who sent me
John 12:49
because I did not speak out of myself but the Father who sent me has himself given me orders what to say and to speak

Would you agree with Jesus statement here too?
To use the instance of Moses and Aaron to compare that of God the Father and the Word Jesus could only be borne out of ignorance, because if so God also had someone like Aaron called Angel Gabriel who served as God's spokesman.

But that's very different in Jesus' case, because Jesus wasn't someone else, He proceeded from God, and was one with God.

John 8:42

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

And Jesus was the Word of God so where else does the Word of God proceed from but from His mouth?

Matthew 4:4
But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Man hence lives by the obedience of the words that proceed from God mouth, and Jesus the Word of God is the Life, so which other words that would proceed from the mouth of God and give life to man if not Jesus the Word of God?

As Jesus the Word of God proceeded from the Father, so also the Spirit of God with whom He made all things in the beginning.

John 15:26

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

So the words of God that Jesus spake which He said was Spirit and Life was the Word of God was Jesus was!
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by mekzyjoe(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2020
nnamdiosu:

If we go by this, then indirectly, you are trying to say that the earth and God are on the same level and power?
Its actually a great fallacy to proceed on this line of thought because you are indirectly say that the earth is in the same image as God.

God commands everything, including the earth. He doesn't need the help of the earth to create his most special Creation man

Our bodies was created from the earth AND NOT BY THE EARTH.

peace
Can you go back n update ur thread bro?

1 Like

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 4:28pm On Dec 17, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Ol boy go and sleep. *1
You've not yet for once shown me one place where it was said that God's speech wasn't the Word, [/b]but just speaking gibberish using your flawed understanding to interpret what God said as such.

[b]*2
I have shown several places where God's speech was shown to be the same as The Word
, but you are too blind to realize that Truth and Life that Jesus the Word was and said He is.

Jesusjnr GIBBERISH cheesy grin.

@*1 John 1:1, is "the Word" a speech ?

You still no want to get SENSE cheesy grin
Continue DECEIVING yourself.
By your admission, spoke "the Word" a spirit Creature into existence. cheesy
Likewise, God said "let there be light" and light came into existence.
Did Light exist when God had not said "let there be light?"
Did "the Word" exist when God had not spoke "the word" into existence? cheesy grin

@*2.
John 17:8, & John3:34, John 8:26 Jesus Christ already confirmed you are LYING on this forum DECEIVING yourself.

Psalms 33:6,9
"6By the word of Jehovah were the heavens made, And all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

9For he spake, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast."

John 1:14, Jesus "the word" became flesh"

The LYING clown claims that God's speech became flesh"
John 12:49-50, does God's speech obey Command? cheesy grin

The LYING clown is telling Nairaland that @ John 3:16, is not true.
God's speech became flesh, not God's Son.
Jnr LYING clown says Romans 8:3 no dey him Bible.

Even Biblestudylight.com, your Trinity believing friends proved you're a LYING dullard grin cheesy.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by haddeylium(m): 12:09am On Dec 18, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
To use the instance of Moses and Aaron to compare that of God the Father and the Word Jesus could only be borne out of ignorance, because if so God also had someone like Aaron called Angel Gabriel who served as God's spokesman.

You're missing the point!
Aaron is Moses' mouth, yet he's distinct person and Moses' words through him are not his Own. He's a spokesman to Moses .

Likewise, Jesus is the 'Word of God' or God's word.Jesus' God "Jehovah" used his Son to convey information to us, and delivers instructions to us.
So, he served as God’s Word, or Spokesman.
That's why he could say to his listener that: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality.”​—Joh 7:16, 17;
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:03am On Dec 18, 2020
haddeylium:

Aaron is Moses' mouth, yet he's distinct person and Moses' words through him are not his Own. He's a spokesman to Moses .

Likewise, Jesus is the 'Word of God' or God's word.Jesus' God "Jehovah" used his Son to convey information to us, and delivers instructions to us.
That's why he could say to his listener that: “What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality.”​—Joh 7:16, 17;
You're the one really confused.

Jesus wasn't God's mouth. Jesus was God's Word! And God's Word proceeds from God's mouth!

Jesus didn't belong to Himself but God, so also the Word(s) of God that comes from Him. That agrees with the Truth that the Word of God and God's speech was the same.

He was an embodiment of the Words of God He spake.

So to use Aaron's instance to compare with His is very erroneous.

I can't continue with this blind argument if you're too blind to see the Truth.

God bless.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MuttleyLaff: 7:05am On Dec 18, 2020
haddeylium:

jesusjnr2020:

Jesus wasn't God's mouth. Jesus was God's Word! And God's Word proceeds from God's mouth!

Jesus didn't belong to Himself but God, so also the Word(s) of God that comes from Him. That agrees with the Truth that the Word of God and God's speech was the same.

God bless.
[img]https://s8/images/giphy18cac0b440b28f16.gif[/img]
The devil comes in many forms, but thank God, I am vindicated.
I knew that God is Faithful and that I didn't have to avenge myself,
but leave you to the wrath of God, as "Vengeance Is Mine" say God
It was amazingly funny while it lasted. Thank you for letting me have so many laughs
cc: Bodydiialect57
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:06am On Dec 18, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

[img]https://s8/images/giphy18cac0b440b28f16.gif[/img]
The devil comes in many forms, but thank God, I am vindicated.
I knew that God is Faithful and that I didn't have to avenge myself,
but leave you to the wrath of God, as "Vengeance Is Mine" say God
It was amazingly funny while it lasted. Thank you for letting me have so many laughs
Muttleylaff the unrepentant Homosexual!

Repent and turn away from your abominable ways otherwise you'd perish!

Stop deceiving yourself!

No man can save you from God's wrath!

Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by haddeylium(m): 12:18am On Dec 19, 2020
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

I could say Aaron is Moses' mouth or word. But, we both know they are distinct. it means Moses speak through Aaron. Anything Aaron says will be attributed to Moses. Aaron cannot claim. That's to show he's spokesman!

This, Jesus is the word of God too
Act 10:36- The word he(Jehovah) sent to the sons of Israel bringing the news of peace through Jesus Christ—he is Lord of all
So, Jesus is serving as God's spokeman to deliver his messages and instructions.
Did he take credit for this? NO!

What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality.”​—Joh 7:16, 17;

Thanks for your time!
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by jesusjnr2020(m): 5:15am On Dec 19, 2020
haddeylium:

I could say Aaron is Moses' mouth or word. But, we both know they are distinct. it means Moses speak through Aaron. Anything Aaron says will be attributed to Moses. Aaron cannot claim. That's to show he's spokesman!

Act 10:36- The word he(Jehovah) sent to the sons of Israel bringing the news of peace through Jesus Christ—he is Lord of all
So, Jesus is serving as God's spokeman to deliver his messages and instructions.

What I teach is not mine, but belongs to him that sent me. If anyone desires to do His will, he will know concerning the teaching whether it is from God or I speak of my own originality.”​—Joh 7:16, 17;

Thanks for your time!
What you fail to realize in the instance of Aaron you are giving, is that Aaron was to Moses, what Moses was to God, and so many other prophets including John the Baptist who was the forerunner of Jesus.

But Jesus was different from them all, that's why He alone had a prophet as His forerunner, and this wasn't just any other prophet but one Jesus said was the one of the greatest, if not the greatest prophet of all time.

So that alone should show you how erroneous making such a comparison is, because there's a glaring difference between what Jesus was to God, and what they all were, including what Aaron was to Moses.

That's why the prophets and kings desired to see and hear the things that Jesus said and did, because He was different.

So you got your comparison very wrong.

Jesus wasn't what Aaron was to Moses, which Moses was to God. Aaron represented the word of Moses, while Moses represented the Word of God, but Jesus was the Word of God!

I hope you see the glaring difference.

Thanks and God bless.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by MuttleyLaff: 5:49am On Dec 19, 2020
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by haddeylium(m): 1:04am On Dec 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
What you fail to realize in the instance of Aaron you are giving, is that Aaron was to Moses, what Moses was to God, and so many other prophets including John the Baptist who was the forerunner of Jesus.
But Jesus was different from them all, that's why He alone had a prophet as His forerunner, and this wasn't just any other prophet but one Jesus said was the one of the greatest, if not the greatest prophet of all time.
I like this part
Moses wrote
Deuteronomy 18:18
I (Jehovah) will raise up for them from ]the midst of their brothers a prophet like you, and [/b]I will put my words in his mouth[/b], and he will speak to them all that I command him.
1. The prophet must serve as God, like Moses
2. The prophet must be a mediator.
3. Like Moses, He must declare Jehovah's name
4. Italized/Bolden part 'I'll put my words in his mouth' . He must serve as his spokesman.

Who's that prophet?

Jesus wasn't what Aaron was to Moses, which Moses was to God. Aaron represented the word of Moses, while Moses represented the Word of God, but Jesus was the Word of God!
I hope you see the glaring difference. [

I like your honesty
Moses served as the 'word of God'
Did Jesus' served as the word of God too?
Meditate on this verse(Joh 7:16, 17)
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 9:54pm On Dec 21, 2020
haddeylium:

Thanks for your time!

Jnr LYING dullard never reach the level to understand that @ John 7:16 Jesus Christ confirms himself is God's spokesman.

Just as Moses was God's spokesman to Pharaoh & the Israelites.

Exodus 6:14-16 (compare John 7:16.John15:15)
14Then the anger of Jehovah was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also behold, he goeth out to meet thee; and when he seeth thee he will be glad in his heart. 15And thou shalt speak unto him, and put the words in his mouth; and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. 16And he shall speak for thee unto the people; and it shall come to pass that he shall be to thee for a mouth, and thou shalt be to him for God.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by kiddkash(m): 4:36pm On May 10, 2022
sonmvayina:
Why is it that only Christian understand this passage differently . Every other culture or tradition on earth has the original idea..

Man is a composite creation made up of spirit of God + dust of the earth..

If you continue reading you will see where it says God formed man from the dust of the earth and breathed in to his nostrils and man became a living soul..all the creation myth in Nigeria says the same thing. Obatala made human from mud of the earth and called olodumare to animate them. Same with the Igbo creation . the Gods Igwe and Ala....

God was talking to the earth. Or mother nature..

Not any fictitious jesus..
John 1: 1-4, 16 also colossians 1 15-17
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by sonmvayina(m): 7:40pm On May 21, 2022
kiddkash:

John 1: 1-4, 16 also colossians 1 15-17

just use your brain for ones...please
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by WipKnot: 2:48am On Jul 11, 2023
Now this is for those who seek the truth about the WORD of God, and not in any way to argue with JW.

The scripture has already written about JW in
2 Timothy 3:5-7 King James Version
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth

Now back to topic
The Holy Bible says, God is not a man that he should lie.

In Genesis 1:26 God said let us create man in our own image,
and God created man in his own image.

Does it mean Gód has cheated the others. Impossibility

In Exodus 3:14 - And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM

In John 8:58 Jesus said, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has claimed equality with God Almighty.

Why, because, HE is God Almighty.
Re: Who Was God Referring To, When He Said Come Let's Make Man In Our Own Image? by Janosky: 11:14pm On Jul 11, 2023
WipKnot:
Now this is for those who seek the truth about the WORD of God, and not in any way to argue with JW.

The scripture has already written about JW in
2 Timothy 3:5-7 King James Version
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth

Now back to topic
The Holy Bible says, God is not a man that he should lie.

In Genesis 1:26 God said let us create man in our own image,
and God created man in his own image.

Does it mean Gód has cheated the others. Impossibility

In Exodus 3:14 - And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM

In John 8:58 Jesus said, Before Abraham was, I AM.

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ has claimed equality with God Almighty.

Why, because, HE is God Almighty.

The Hebrew Exodus 3:14 and the other screenshots PROVEN evidences against your claims.

Why TWISTING Hebrew language Exodus 3:14
"I will be what I will be?" to something else
to promote FALSE doctrine?
Hebrew language Exodus 3:14 has ZERO connection, nothing related to John 8:58.

Jesus Christ NEVER support your claim.
Matthew 19:4-5 = Genesis 1:26-27.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

'A Pregnant Married Woman Accused Biodun Fatoyinbo Of Rape'' - Adesuwa Onyenokwe / Nsukka Dedicates St Theresa's Cathedral Church Building / Chris Oyakhilome Pledges N1billion To Benson Idahosa University (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.