Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,082 members, 7,825,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued (35223 Views)

Israeli Hostage Says She Was Sexually Assaulted And Tortured In Gaza / Little Girl Abandoned In The Bush In Anambra Rescued By Police (Photo) / Pastor Okochi Chukwu Obeni Tortured In Ebonyi. 10 People Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by GIANTPLUSHUB: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hmm
Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by odinson1(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
The black Man's mind is so Dark,shallow and Archaic! This is What Religion, Gullibility, illiteracy amd ignorance Causes

2 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by tartar9(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
The South East of course angry
Barbaric people... barbaric tribe.

7 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by MrStylish(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
Aaabbbooobbbiii
Rubbish superstition
Witchcraft wah poor?.
Anambra people self
I just lost appetite in smoking my weed

2 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
How can a country that treats children this way progress anywhere?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by slowice(m): 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2020
sylve11:
I don't want to sound tribalistic because, i am not one, but it will never do you any good to leave your child to any Igbo family to take care of, except death. They are worse when it comes to taking care of another man's child. In general, the Igbo people are not bad, but do not do what i said above, no matter the situation.

Please, do not quote me to insult me. I am talking from experience and i owe you no further explanation. cool

Shut up... Shameless and Confuse bigot

3 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Bella223: 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
sylve11:
I don't want to sound tribalistic because, i am not one, but it will never do you any good to leave your child to any Igbo family to take care of, except death. They are worse when it comes to taking care of another man's child. In general, the Igbo people are not bad, but do not do what i said above, no matter the situation.

Please, do not quote me to insult me. I am talking from experience and i owe you no further explanation. cool
Boss I would have to agree with you on this.

3 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by muykem: 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
Backward people. What signs of poverty that more than this?

2 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Lawsaite: 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
I immediately sensed a pastor was involved and alas, my fears confirmed. The pastor should equally be brought forth and dealt with severely. God, I wish I had money. Some people deserve oppression and serious punishment. Why would a self acclaimed pastor open his mouth and pronounce a child as a witch. This kind of things ache my heart. The trouble this child had to endure at this age just beats my heart.

4 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by hammerDK: 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
THE FUNNY THING IS DAT, THEY WOULD CONTINUE TO ABUSE HER UNTIL SHE DEVELOPS MENTAL PROBLEM AND IT IS TOO LATE.

THEN THEY WILL SAY, I TOLD YOU SHE IS A WITCH.

MAY GOD PUNISH CHRISTIANITY AND ALL THE RELIGION THAT PREACH WITCH.

THE FACT AFRICANS NOW CALL CHILDREN WITCH IS A REFLECTION OF WHY AFRICA IS CALLED THE DARK CONTINENT. AN EVIL PLACE, WITH EVIL PEOPLE.

2 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by slowice(m): 8:49pm On Dec 01, 2020
They make sure they arrest the fake pastor as well.... They re the idiots trying to stain the emaculate white of christianity but in vein of course

1 Like

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Etinosa1234: 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2020
Permission to say Igbo amaka here?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by hammerDK: 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2020
[s]
Etinosa1234:
Permission to say Igbo amaka here?
[/s]

U ARE A VERY STUPID PERSON.

WAT HAS TRIBE GOT TO DO WITH THIS.

THIS IS SOMETHING AFRICANS THAT MISINTERPRET RELIGION DO.

IT IS NOT JUST NIGERIA BUT AFRICA AS A WHOLE.

NA UNA THEY START TRIBAL WAR FOR HERE.

EWU GO AND EDUCATE YOURSELF, LEAVE IGBO.

NOT WEN U MENTION MY TRIBE NAME, MEAN SAY, U DONE GET SENSE OR KNOW BOOK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-16427840

Kristy Bamu 'murdered over witch claim' in Newham
Published5 January 2012
Eric Bikubi and Magalie Bamu
image captionEric Bikubi and Magalie Bamu deny murder
A 15-year-old boy was tortured and drowned by his sister and her boyfriend because they believed he was a witch, the Old Bailey has heard.

Kristy Bamu, from Paris, was found dead in Newham, east London, on Christmas Day in 2010.

The boy had 101 injuries and died from being beaten with a metal bar and drowning, the court heard.

His sister Magalie Bamu and her boyfriend, Eric Bikubi, both Congolese and aged 28, of Newham, deny murder.

Prosecutors told jurors of acts they described as "depraved", "wicked" and "cruel".

Mr Bikubi admitted manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility, a plea not accepted by the prosecution.

'Armoury of weapons'

Kristy Bamu
image captionKristy Bamu and his siblings were visiting London from Paris during the Christmas holidays
Kristy and his siblings were visiting the couple for Christmas, but Mr Bikubi had accused the boy and two of his siblings of witchcraft, the court heard.

All three were beaten and other children were forced to join in the attacks. But it was Kristy who became the focus of Mr Bikubi's attention, the prosecution said.

The teenager was said to be in such pain after days of being hit with an "armoury of weapons" including sticks, pliers, a metal bar, hammer and chisel that he begged to die.

Brian Altman QC, prosecuting, said: "Eventually Bikubi took him into the bathroom, put him in the bath and started to run the water.

"Kristy was just too badly injured and exhausted to resist or to keep his head above the water.

"It was only when he [Mr Bikubi] realised that Kristy was not moving that he stopped what he was doing and pulled him from the water."

He added: "By then it was too late."

The youngsters were forced to lie to their parents about what was happening when they phoned home, the jury heard.

Mr Altman said of Kristy's father: "He had sent his children on holiday, not to a torture chamber."

When police arrived they found Kristy and his siblings - brother Yves, 22, and and sister Kelly, 20, and other children.

Mr Altman said: "All were standing in the living room, hysterical, terrified and soaking wet.

'Sorcerers'
"None of them spoke any English."

Kelly Bamu said Mr Bikubi and Ms Bamu accused Kristy, herself and a third child of "being witches or sorcerers - practising witchcraft" which adversely influenced another child.

"Despite her own siblings' denials that they were sorcerers, Magalie Bamu joined her boyfriend in repeating these fantastic claims and participating in the assaults," Mr Altman said.

The three were beaten and refused food, drink and sleep and eventually, to stop the torture, they admitted being sorcerers, the jury was told.

Mr Altman said Mr Bikubi's admission of manslaughter was rejected by the prosecution, which argues the couple carried out "the very deliberate murder" of Kristy.

'Feral and evil'
Ms Bamu also denies two charges of causing actual bodily harm to her other siblings.

The defendants are originally from the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

The jury heard that witchcraft or sorcery - called kindoki - is practised in Congolese Christian churches.

Mr Altman said that taken out of the church's control "it may take on a feral and indeed evil character, as we suggest it did here".

The court heard that in 2008 Mr Bikubi had accused a family friend of being involved in witchcraft and had forced her to cut her hair short to purge herself.

The trial continues.

1 Like

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hmmmmmm
Wickedness of man
Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by shaw2(m): 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
Who accused the innocent toddler of being a witch?
Religion and ethnicity destroyed Nigeria beyond repair.
What pastors, evangelist, prophet, prophetess etc has caused in this Africa particularly Nigeria is nothing to write home about.
They are out to destroy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by mhnso: 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
sylve11:

You are absolutely right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Edusouls(m): 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
U are wrong my brother, in Igbo land many children you see are brought up by relatives with Good care, but the thing you have to understand is that generally women of this modern generation are more hostile and wicked than women of those good old days, both Yoruba, Hausa and other tribe, infact I understand you but know that it’s women’s disease mainly
sylve11:

2 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Lawsaite: 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2020
sylve11:

Please don't generalize, and to a particular group. It's racist already.

1 Like

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by SaintBishop: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
Chai! cry

1 Like

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Etinosa1234: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
hammerDK:
[s]

U ARE A VERY STUPID PERSON.

WAT HAS TRIBE GOT TO DO WITH THIS.

THIS IS SOMETHING AFRICANS THAT MISINTERPRET RELIGION DO.

IT IS NOT JUST NIGERIA BUT AFRICA AS A WHOLE.

NA UNA THEY START TRIBAL WAR FOR HERE. EWU![/s]

Na wa ooo... I nor talk anything na

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

I don't mean to be hating. But you see this Anambra state, that state child molestation are like 4 & 5. cry cry cry

Most of the epic of wickness from the news are from that state. I just don't don't know how those women do things. Very bad! embarassed embarassed cry

Thank God the child was rescue. Pray you never die in time. If not, they would be trained by foster parents. Because it's hard to see good Forster parents.

Go and read again before you diagrace yourself further
Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Bighead5: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
Hmmm, IGBO PEOPLE.

5 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Sundaypaul12345: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
Samy331:
He looks like one just saying tongue embarassed embarassed tongue tongue
With all he things wey happen for 2020, I think say u suppose get sense

1 Like

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by davies(m): 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2020
sylve11:

You're right bro. Virtually all the igbo household that I've seen with househelp are very ruthless towards their housekeepers.

4 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by hammerDK: 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Na wa ooo... I nor talk anything na

Bighead5:
Hmmm, IGBO PEOPLE.

NOT WEN U MENTION MY TRIBE NAME, MEAN SAY, U DONE GET SENSE OR KNOW BOOK.
Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 01, 2020
The most backward ppl on earth are those who still think of the existence of this nonsense tradition of believing witchcraft and jazz. Still the hypocrites will come here and calm others backward!
Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Etinosa1234: 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2020
hammerDK:
[

NOT WEN U MENTION MY TRIBE NAME, MEAN SAY, U DONE GET SENSE OR KNOW BOOK.[/s]

Nor be u say make we nor insult ... Now u dey do am

Abeg e don do... During the time of Benin... I know wetin I hear... If u nor fit handle am, abeg sleep

5 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by FatherOfJesus: 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2020
sylve11:

this could happen with any tribe.
Open your little myopic brain.

1 Like

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by lichocho(m): 8:58pm On Dec 01, 2020
sylve11:

true talk...we no de try dis side I swear...

2 Likes

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2020
sylve11:

Not just Igbo family, that is the nature of every female animal, including humans, yes you are tribalistic that too is natural, racism too.

1 Like

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by RPirez: 9:01pm On Dec 01, 2020
Igbo pple = Savage pple grin

1 Like

Re: 6-Year-Old Girl Accused Of Witchcraft & Tortured In Anambra, Rescued by Destroyerofyeeb: 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2020
They are naturally evil minded bitter child abusers. It's the fact though grin
sylve11:

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Attack Bullion Van In Ondo, Gun Down Police Officer / Personal Experience With Young Herdsmen Along Kabba-lokoja Road On The 5/10/21 / Woman Caught Trying To Abandon Her 9-Month-Old Baby In Ibadan (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.