Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,707 members, 7,955,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization (15460 Views)

Igboho: Oro Worshippers Impose 7-day Curfew; Women, Visitors To Remain Indoors / Emir Of Kano: His 2 Rolls Royces At The Center Of The Controversy (PHOTOS) / Europe & Americas Stole And Denied Africa’s Civilization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Ideadoctor(m): 5:23pm On Dec 20, 2020
TAO11:
The video below shows, some African-Americans of Edo ancestry tracing their roots back home to the Edo kingdom of Benin from where their Edo ancestors were originally captured and sold off into slavery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDve0rwQbM

Yes, African Americans. cheesy Yes, the same people whose ancestors found themselves in the Americas via the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. grin Yes, they trace themselves back home to Benin kingdom. cheesy

The highlighted screenshot below (showing the testimony obtained from the Edos themselves by the late Professor R. E. Bradbury during his ethnographic survey of Benin kingdom) is very telling on how their Edo ancestors found their way to the Americas.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12815289_bca0e87c457845658417dc2c4adc4a37_jpeg_jpegcb02a2c075079f7291fc168ee37e91ea

The attached screenshot below is from time-stamp 8:20 of the video.

In other words, this is not Benin Republic as some have shamefully and falsely suggested.
Hahaha. grin cheesy
weldone Tao11 fire on we got your back

2 Likes

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Etrusen(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2020
Ideadoctor:
weldone Tao11 fire on we got your back

Akiko!!!!

1 Like

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Ideadoctor(m): 9:08am On Dec 21, 2020
Etrusen:

Akiko!!!!
what is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Nobody: 3:11am On Jan 16, 2021
Abovebonny:

The only Empire Nigeria ever had was the Sokoto Caliphate...

So no Oyo was not an empire by any means.

Look at the map and tell me Sokoto was not an empire? And that Oyo and Benin were not Kingdoms...

Well the map is fake. Here is an actual true precolonial map:

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by TAO11(f): 3:37am On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:

Well the map is fake. Here is an actual true precolonial map:
In order words, Benin was conquered and owned by Guinea because early maps shows the word Guinea for the West African Forest and Coast from Senegal to Cameroon ?? See map below.

Are you willing to be consistent with your retarded and rusty reasoning??

Cc: Abovebonny

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by gregyboy(m): 9:51am On Jan 16, 2021
TAO11:
The video below shows, some African-Americans of Edo ancestry tracing their roots back home to the Edo kingdom of Benin from where their Edo ancestors were originally captured and sold off into slavery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxDve0rwQbM

Yes, African Americans. cheesy Yes, the same people whose ancestors found themselves in the Americas via the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. grin Yes, they trace themselves back home to Benin kingdom. cheesy

The highlighted screenshot below (showing the testimony obtained from the Edos themselves by the late Professor R. E. Bradbury during his ethnographic survey of Benin kingdom) is very telling on how their Edo ancestors found their way to the Americas.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12815289_bca0e87c457845658417dc2c4adc4a37_jpeg_jpegcb02a2c075079f7291fc168ee37e91ea

The attached screenshot below is from time-stamp 8:20 of the video.

In other words, this is not Benin Republic as some insecure Binis have falsely and shamefully suggested.
Hahaha. grin cheesy

Thses were people who were raided by Europeans themselves or probably they are from dahomey who they mistake to be benin city

But the oba cant just drive them away and tell them blank truth they are mistaken them for benin Republic

We know they were mass dahomey atlantic slave movement of benin republic people

No part of edo has any history of being raided
Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Ideadoctor(m): 4:22pm On Jan 16, 2021
gregyboy:

Thses were people who were raided by Europeans themselves or probably they are from dahomey who they mistake to be benin city

But the oba cant just drive them away and tell them blank truth they are mistaken them for benin Republic

We know they were mass dahomey atlantic slave movement of benin republic people

No part of edo has any history of being raided
Edo was raided by Yoruba, Nupe and igala, read well dumb boy
Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ideadoctor:
Edo was raided by Yoruba, Nupe and igala, read well dumb boy
Reality is not your friend, try and quote eye-witnesses to your crazy conspiracy theories.

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Ideadoctor(m): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2021
nocomment2:

Reality is not your friend, try and quote eye-witnesses to your crazy conspiracy theories.
I trust logic more than history bro,answer the damn question, why is it it that Lagos as it is today is dominated and ruled by Yorubas,no need for insults bro, present reasons not insults

1 Like

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2021
Ideadoctor:
I trust logic more than history bro,answer the damn question, why is it it that Lagos as it is today is dominated and ruled by Yorubas,no need for insults bro, present reasons not insults
1)I called your conspiracy theory crazy, I wasn't insulting you, that was my appreciation of your conspiracy theory.
2) I have already proven my claims, i don't need to join you into a new branch of questionnings. I made claims, and I provided proof, it ends there, you don't get to question me until kingdom come.
3) just to indulge you:

a) deported slaves were dumped in lagos, those slaves now call themselves yoruba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N20D43W0uyE&t=135s

b) since the british took over lagos from Benin, a lot of migrant workers and slaves migrated into lagos, most of them identify with yoruba today

c) since the creation of nigeria there has been a lot of internal migration into lagos because lagos was the capital of nigeria, many of the migrants identify with yoruba today.

d) lagos had a large population of dahomians migrants whom all identify with yoruba today.

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by Ideadoctor(m): 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2021

1)I called your conspiracy theory crazy, I wasn't insulting you, that was my appreciation of your conspiracy theory.
2) I have already proven my claims, i don't need to join you into a new branch of questionnings. I made claims, and I provided proof, it ends there, you don't get to question me until kingdom come.
3) just to indulge you:

a) deported slaves were dumped in lagos, those slaves now call themselves yoruba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N20D43W0uyE&t=135s

b) since the british took over lagos from Benin, a lot of migrant workers and slaves migrated into lagos, most of them identify with yoruba today

c) since the creation of nigeria there has been a lot of internal migration into lagos because lagos was the capital of nigeria, many of the migrants identify with yoruba today.

d) lagos had a large population of dahomians migrants whom all identify with yoruba today.

then that means the slaves were smart and wise to have ceased leadership from the Edo aboriginal and settle down as heir,while you are here trying to reclaim the land,the truth there is that Yorubas are the ruler of Lagos now,as in now,and there is nothing you Edo folks can do about it,unless you want to get yourself injured

1 Like

Re: Benin Remain The Center Of West Africa Civilization by samuk: 10:41pm On Jan 16, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Where And How North Got Its Political Logo. / What Were Yorubas Called Before The 19th Century? / Are Urhobos And Isoko And Ika Also Edo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.