Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" (24624 Views)

Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / Lionel Messi's Father, Jorge 'Is Already In Manchester Negotiating With City' / Jorge Kanella Put Toe Into Alfie Davis’ Bum During Fight (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by maximusprime2000: 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jerkules:
Watch hw his useless fans crawl out of his a**hole n post nonsense. His lack of passion keeps denying him a major international trophy. Maradona threw the challenge at him,waited n waited till he died,if winning an international trophy will bring maradona back to life then i'm sorry,his corpse will be thr for 600yrs grin

spot on o
maradona wont forgive messi o. he will just be turning in is grave now. 600 yrs for messi, he is a failure for Argentina. i love the skills of messi but want the spirit of CR7

2 Likes

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Emeka71(m): 2:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
peacekante:
I completely agree with this even though I am more of a Messi fan. I know Diego and Pele are the two greatest footballers of all time. But the op is not wrong here. Maradona has this passion that has never been seen in the game since he retired. His determination to win at all cost is second to none. This is what Messi lacks and what Ronaldo has. Ronaldo is very determined to win at all cost. Though his passion is lesser than Diego.
For me in this GOAT debate,
1, pele
2, Maradona
3,Zidane
4, Ronaldo Delinma
5, Christiano Ronaldo
6, Messi.

Both Messi and Christiano Ronaldo has that rating because of their inability to win the big one ( THE WORLD CUP) And Ronaldo is above Messi for me because he won with his country and Messi didn't. But I love Messi more than him because he is more exciting to watch.
Messi got to the world-cup final in Brazil and he fumble.
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by fergie001: 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
peacekante:

Fan boys keep coming here to tell us about Messi and Ronaldo when they fail to win the Big one. No disrespect to them anyway
Only 8 Countries have won the World Cup that has held 20 times...

They even forget that during Maradona and Pele's time, Balon d'Ors aren't given to non-European players till the rule changed in 1995.

They also don't know that FIFA best player commenced in 1991/92.

They also don't know that Maradona won the U-21 World Cup as Captain in 1979.

They also don't know that Maradona will be the only Barca player to receive a standing ovation @ the Bernabeu, until Ronaldinho in 2015/16.

I have been watching football, and many times will take a Zidane & de Lima over a Ronaldo/Messi.

Even the great Maradona whilst alive have always said Ronaldo has the passion and win-at-all costs mentality, referring him to a "Beast".

Diego Simeone(ATM Coach), a fellow Argentine who played with Maradona has also repeated same thing plenty times.

But.....NL analysts who started watching Barca in 2006 think otherwise.

Its football, it is what it is.

Perhaps, we know something the Argentine greats don't.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Kinzo0917(m): 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
He said so because they are both from portugal ��.messi has no passion yet he is d only player on earth dat has 6 ballon dor. Ronaldo is good but Messi is d GOAT

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by OJEEMAH(m): 2:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
FuckThaMod:
There is only one GOAT in football and his name is Cristiano Ronaldo. He is not faking retirement from his National team, not faking transfer from his club after choking in big games. His passion and emotions he shows during the game is part of what makes him the greatest sportsman ever. So determined to win at any cost and that's why i laugh when i see some messi dogs call him divenaldo, it's all part of the passion for the game.

Those who undermine this great and good man will eat their words some day.

1 Like

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Baloranking(m): 2:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
holuwajobar:
You made no sense....

I shouldn't be making sense to a nobody yes i know.
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by MajohBankz: 2:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
What nonsensical passion. Wouldn't expect less from a Portuguese Jesus. For a man with more goal involvement than your passionate Ronaldo, more trophies and more individual accolades. Passion kee you der.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
No two individuals are the same
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by kense88: 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
Messi doesn't have passion for the game, because he is THE GAME. GOAT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Openyamind111(m): 2:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
#fact..
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Glaswegian: 2:47pm On Dec 02, 2020
I share this view. Messi doesn't get emotional - passionate - like CR7 on the field or after a game.

He hardly cries after losing important matches, he hardly "gingers" other players on the field, he hardly gets annoyed after losing ball or missing ball - Ronaldo will be kicking himself, will be murmuring to himself, will even ginger fans to stand up and make noise to encourage the team. Messi not as hungry as Ronaldo, but he is slightly more talented.

2 Likes

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by peacekante: 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2020
fergie001:

Only 8 Countries have won the World Cup that has held 20 times...

They even forget that during Maradona and Pele's time, Balon d'Ors aren't given to non-European players till the rule changed in 1995.

They also don't know that FIFA best player commenced in 1991/92.

They also don't know that Maradona won the U-21 World Cup as Captain in 1979.

They also don't know that Maradona will be the only Barca player to receive a standing ovation @ the Bernabeu, until Ronaldinho in 2015/16.

I have been watching football, and many times will take a Zidane & de Lima over a Ronaldo/Messi.

Even the great Maradona whilst alive have always said Ronaldo has the passion and win-at-all costs mentality, referring him to a "Beast".

Diego Simeone(ATM Coach), a fellow Argentine who played with Maradona has also repeated same thing plenty times.

But.....NL analysts who started watching Barca in 2006 think otherwise.

Its football, it is what it is.

Perhaps, we know something the Argentine greats don't.

You said it as it is brother. I will always take Ronaldo delinma and Zidane over Messi and C Ronaldo era. From what I saw during Zidane and Delinma, the competition and everything, they are the second GOATs after pele and Maradona. They conquered all fronts and won the most important trophy.
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Lazenby007(m): 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2020
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by fergie001: 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2020
peacekante:

You said it as it is brother. I will always take Ronaldo delinma and Zidane over Messi and C Ronaldo era. From what I saw during Zidane and Delinma, the competition and everything, they are the second GOATs after pele and Maradona. They conquered all fronts and won the most important trophy.
They peaked at a time we had Henry/Seedorf/Figo/Raul/Beckham/Rivaldo/Rui Costa/Nedved/Shevchenko

With the way football is....It is still going to be Messi & Ronaldo in years to come; because these days, football is all about image.

1 Like

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Princeofwales(m): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2020
Messi left his hometown and moved to Barcelona at the age of 13 to play football because he has no passion. At the age of 13 you were fapping your d*ck out!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Beverlyjean(f): 2:59pm On Dec 02, 2020
The real fans know this...but they are too blind to see or deaf to hear
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Princeofwales(m): 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2020
Imagine what Messi would have achieved if he had passion for this game. MF became the best without having any of it. Hahahahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by mariahAngel(f): 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2020
I was going to criticize the post going by the headline, considering the fact that Maradona's body is barely cold to be dragged into the Messi-Ronaldo controversy, until I read the complete post...

What he said about Ronaldo being very passionate is the absolute truth, and that is what endears me to him.
Messi, on the other hand is too sleepy, and relies mostly on his talent.
If Messi had half the passion that drives Ronaldo, Ronaldo would be nowhere near Messi in comparison.

1 Like

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by FahBuLous: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
I am sorry to say this but anyone who says messi wasn't born a football and doesn't has passion for the game is an "IDIOT".... Messi plays more like maradona than ronaldo... I don't what this "IDIOT" is saying.... Smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Beverlyjean(f): 3:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
peacekante:
I completely agree with this even though I am more of a Messi fan. I know Diego and Pele are the two greatest footballers of all time. But the op is not wrong here. Maradona has this passion that has never been seen in the game since he retired. His determination to win at all cost is second to none. This is what Messi lacks and what Ronaldo has. Ronaldo is very determined to win at all cost. Though his passion is lesser than Diego.
1, pele
2, Maradona
3,Zidane
4, Ronaldo Delinma
5, Christiano Ronaldo
6, Messi.

Both Messi and Christiano Ronaldo has that rating because of their inability to win the big one ( THE WORLD CUP) And Ronaldo is above Messi for me because he won with his country and Messi didn't. But I love Messi more than him because he is more exciting to watch.

U have said the real truth which most messi fans wudnt accept

1 Like

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Goalnaldo(m): 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2020
ThierryJay:
Absolute balderdash from Jorge Jesus. Messi is as passionate for football as ever. The fact that he doesn't express much emotion like Maradona and Cristiano does not mean he doesn't love the game with his heart. Messi that is reputed to always want to play even when he is not fully fit. He is reserved doesn't mean he doesn't have passion Olodo Jorge.

And passion does not even determine greatness. Steven Gerard is probably the most passionate EPL player ever but is not regarded as good as a less passionate Thierry Henry. So I don't know what this Portuguese imp is trying to achieve with the unintelligent comparison.
E pain am
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by FahBuLous: 3:14pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jostoman:
so what about U20 world cup and Olympic Gold medal that he won for Argentina.
Don't waste ur time talking to a kindergarten, he started watching football yesterday..

1 Like

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by ThierryJay: 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
Goalnaldo:
E pain am

Goalnaldo, abeg I no get your time today. GOAT no dey do roforofo with ewu wannabes.
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Goalnaldo(m): 3:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
FahBuLous:
I am sorry to say this but anyone who says messi wasn't born a football and doesn't has passion for the game is an "IDIOT".... Messi plays more like maradona than ronaldo... I don't what this "IDIOT" is saying.... Smh
play like is different from passion which is attitudinal oga
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by ARAGON22(m): 3:22pm On Dec 02, 2020
coolMessi was born to be great but Ronaldo keeps working to be great. Fools always talk because they always say something but the wise ones talk, when they have something to say. Argue with your Ancestors grin

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by tesppidd: 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jerkules:
Watch hw his useless fans crawl out of his a**hole n post nonsense. His lack of passion keeps denying him a major international trophy. Maradona threw the challenge at him,waited n waited till he died,if winning an international trophy will bring maradona back to life then i'm sorry,his corpse will be thr for 600yrs grin
So it is passion that now wins trophies?

What kinda kinds of idiots do we have in the world nowadays?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by DarkJeddi(m): 3:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
peacekante:
1, pele
2, Maradona
3,Zidane
4, Ronaldo Delinma
5, Christiano Ronaldo
6, Messi.

Just tell us you are a Ronaldo Fan and be done with it..
You are a Messi Fan and you rate Ronaldo ahead of him,are you for real? shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by FahBuLous: 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
Goalnaldo:
play like is different from passion which is attitudinal oga
someone that left his parents at age 13 just to pursue his football career? Someone that visibly cried on missing the world cup and copa america? He doesn't have passion, make we no argue am again...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by tesppidd: 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
This Jorge Jesus is just another senile old man.

In his opinion having passion is the same as misbehaving, throwing tantrums and being controversial.

So quiet players like Zidane, Ronaldinho, Henry, Iniesta and Ronaldo De Lima did not have passion?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by owowa145(m): 3:39pm On Dec 02, 2020
chinchonglee:

Nonsense.
Without passion and he gots 5 abi 6 ballon d or...
U re a strong Ronaldo fan.
Messi is the greatest football player I ve seen.
If his country Argetina, don't consider him their greatest how can he then be the greatest of all time... Think about it

1 Like

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by holuwajobar(m): 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
Baloranking:

I shouldn't be making sense to a nobody yes i know.

You don't know me personally, so you did not make any sense with this your reply

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar / Banker To Banker !! / Six Boxing Greats Who Regained The Heavyweight Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.