Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" (24621 Views)

Kamaru Usman Knocks Out Jorge Masvidal, Retains UFC Title (Photos, Video) / Lionel Messi's Father, Jorge 'Is Already In Manchester Negotiating With City' / Jorge Kanella Put Toe Into Alfie Davis’ Bum During Fight (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Cantonese: 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
Benfica coach has nothing to say. How do you define a passionate person.

Messi has no passion for the game, yet he plays the game the way he does. He has helped his club win from difficult situations. He is selfless on the pitch, allowing his club mates person exceedingly. He has the record of the most decorated FIFA player. His goals at over 700 and Maradona @300. Except for the world cup he has more trophies than Maradona and Pele.

I believe this Benfica coach wanted to get the Barcelona managerial position but failed. I believe that he is jealous of the accomplishments of Messi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by maximusprime2000: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
tesppidd:
If you want skill stay with football.
If you want spirit go to armed robbery or the army.
We are talking football.
you want to kill me laughgringringrin grin

1 Like

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by tesppidd: 6:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
maximusprime2000:

you want to kill me laughgringringrin grin
grin grin

Spirit Spirit Spirit

We are talking ballers they are talking spirit

Who has spirit like Gattuso, Roy Keane? Ibrahimovic.

What did they achieve?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by abbey621(m): 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
People can say what they want but to call a footballer someone without passion is the greatest insult of all time. The Benfica coach needs to sit his ass down and focus on building a better team. Messi is the greatest player to ever play the game and it is not debatable, records speaks for themselves and no matter how much you hate or love him, you can't deny his achievements.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by tesppidd: 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
owowa145:

Lol.. Ronaldo only became an outright forward when he came to Madrid he was a pure winger in his early days from Sporting to ManU... Now, calculate his goal scoring stat from when he became a forward and his assist stat as a winger... U will shiver bro. Enjoy d two players when u can... Ronaldo issa big boy player.
Nonsense

Even Messi has been playing a lot in midfield since 2013 while Ronaldo has been a penalty box footballer since he arrived at Madrid.

No excuse is tenable.

Messi has over 730 goals in about 850 games.
Ronaldo has about 750 goals in over 1000 games.

Such a Shame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
Praktikals:
@ Righteousness89, what do you have to say about the Benfica boss name?
Jesus is a name u Illiterate
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by maximusprime2000: 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
tesppidd:
grin grin
Spirit Spirit Spirit
We are talking ballers they are talking spirit

Who has spirit like Gattuso, Roy Keane? Ibrahimovic.
What did they achieve?
pls stop disturbing megringringrin dont dull my spirit abeg grin

1 Like

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by DJMCOTTY(m): 6:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
Note * obsession is different from passion . Cr7 is obsessed and worries so much on how to beat messi .. the latter is just laid back , lazy , passionless, not committed nothing at all..

No passion with 6 ballondor .... messi is a god, he is not of human race .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by DJMCOTTY(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
Just shut and stop contradicting yourself
peacekante:
I completely agree with this even though I am more of a Messi fan. I know Diego and Pele are the two greatest footballers of all time. But the op is not wrong here. Maradona has this passion that has never been seen in the game since he retired. His determination to win at all cost is second to none. This is what Messi lacks and what Ronaldo has. Ronaldo is very determined to win at all cost. Though his passion is lesser than Diego.
For me in this GOAT debate,
1, pele
2, Maradona
3,Zidane
4, Ronaldo Delinma
5, Christiano Ronaldo
6, Messi.

Both Messi and Christiano Ronaldo has that rating because of their inability to win the big one ( THE WORLD CUP) And Ronaldo is above Messi for me because he won with his country and Messi didn't. But I love Messi more than him because he is more exciting to watch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by owowa145(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2020
tesppidd:
Nonsense

Even Messi has been playing a lot in midfield since 2013 while Ronaldo has been a penalty box footballer since he arrived at Madrid.

No excuse is tenable.

Messi has over 730 goals in about 850 games.
Ronaldo has about 750 goals in over 1000 games.

Such a Shame!
Well, we see what Messi is doing at age 33 and what Ronaldo did at that same age 33 and still doing at age 35+... Gba fuun oga eee
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by owowa145(m): 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2020
DJMCOTTY:

Note * obsession is different from passion . Cr7 is obsessed and worries so much on how to beat messi .. the latter is just laid back , lazy , passionless, not committed nothing at all..

No passion with 6 ballondor .... messi is a god, he is not of human race .
A god deflated at age 33.. Still eager to score from open play... Check what his former did at that same age 33 and still doing at 35+.... U could be talented but gods don't fade away... Ronaldo is on his class of his own... Mad respect to Messi for what he has done for Barcelona and thanks to Ronaldo for d justice he did to football.
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by jesmond3945: 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2020
Baloranking:
grin
Don't expect the Greatest of our time (GOAT). To have passion for the game.

He is the game. You can't have passion for yourself grin

Benefica's coach said the truth but only the real ones can decode this riddle
don't worry once he retires no one would hear his name. If you don't win laurels for country sorry for you.
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by oyatainer(m): 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jerkules:
hardwork without passion limits success,passion presedes hardwork when building a successful career,some play because of money. Ur billygoat lacks PASHUN 4 his country grin thats why his achievements outside his comfort zone (camp nuo) are equivalent to nothing. Now run back into his shithole whr u crawled out from.
Let me burst your head.
Where did you hear the name Messi first?

In which Jersey did you first see him as a footballer?

Who won the best player in that tournament?

Did portugal and Ronaldo play in underage tournament?
If yes, did he not have passion not win that?

If you answer these correctly and you still say Messi lack passion you lack passion fit truth.
you are a hypocrite

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
Shit talk
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by jesmond3945: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
ThierryJay:
Absolute balderdash from Jorge Jesus. Messi is as passionate for football as ever. The fact that he doesn't express much emotion like Maradona and Cristiano does not mean he doesn't love the game with his heart. Messi that is reputed to always want to play even when he is not fully fit. He is reserved doesn't mean he doesn't have passion Olodo Jorge.

And passion does not even determine greatness. Steven Gerard is probably the most passionate EPL player ever but is not regarded as good as a less passionate Thierry Henry. So I don't know what this Portuguese imp is trying to achieve with the unintelligent comparison.
you don't know what passion is. Someone that placed money above name. Let him leave barca now.
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by tesppidd: 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2020
owowa145:

[s]Well, we see what Messi is doing at age 33 and what Ronaldo did at that same age 33 and still doing at age 35+... Gba fuun oga eee[/s]
So now we are going to judge them and their careers by what they did at 33 or 35

Where do all these mumu people keep popping up from FFS grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by tesppidd: 8:04pm On Dec 02, 2020
oyatainer:

Let me burst your head.
Where did you hear the name Messi first?

In which Jersey did you first see him as a footballer?

Who won the best player in that tournament?

Did portugal and Ronaldo play in underage tournament?
If yes, did he not have passion not win that?

If you answer these correctly and you still say Messi lack passion you lack passion fit truth.
you are a hypocrite
Good questions.

He can't answer these questions.

He will run away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by ksuccess(m): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
I totally agree with you on this bro
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Praktikals(m): 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2020
dairykidd:

Jesus is a name u Illiterate
You are a bas tard
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by owowa145(m): 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
tesppidd:
So now we are going to judge them and their careers by what they did at 33 or 35

Where do all these mumu people keep a popping up from FFS grin
Alaye, u don't have to show u are unpolish in manners... I av bin communicating over this debate with no colorful language. Those two guys got assets that if u and i dont triple up, will never meet up with in life. Why cuss for their sake. Just share ur opinion and bounce douchebag.
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by tesppidd: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
owowa145:

Alaye, u don't have to show u are unpolish in manners... I av bin communicating over this debate with no colorful language. Those two guys got assets that if u and i dont triple up, will never meet up with in life. Why cuss for their sake. Just share ur opinion and bounce douchebag.
Alright meathead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by tesppidd: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
peacekante:
I completely agree with this even though I am more of a Messi fan. I know Diego and Pele are the two greatest footballers of all time. But the op is not wrong here. Maradona has this passion that has never been seen in the game since he retired. His determination to win at all cost is second to none. This is what Messi lacks and what Ronaldo has. Ronaldo is very determined to win at all cost. Though his passion is lesser than Diego.
1, pele
2, Maradona
3,Zidane
4, Ronaldo Delinma
5, Christiano Ronaldo
6, Messi.

Both Messi and Christiano Ronaldo has that rating because of their inability to win the big one ( THE WORLD CUP) And Ronaldo is above Messi for me because he won with his country and Messi didn't. But I love Messi more than him because he is more exciting to watch.
So Ronaldo with all his passion where is his world cup?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Mryacks: 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2020
peacekante:
1, pele
2, Maradona
3,Zidane
4, Ronaldo Delinma
5, Christiano Ronaldo
6, Messi.

Correct list of top 5 you've got. Always rated Ronaldo da Lima way ahead of both Messi and CR7
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Peresrichly: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2020
Lol drug lord passion, na passion matter dey here no na to play that round object called football in the pitch matter nai dey here.
Always escaping the real matter with side things
Six times world best of playing football in the pitch no be six times world best of having passion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by ogbonti: 11:56pm On Dec 02, 2020
peacekante:
1, pele
2, Maradona
3,Zidane
4, Ronaldo Delinma
5, Christiano Ronaldo
6, Messi.

where is Ronaldinho on that list ?
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by stayclearofme: 7:01am On Dec 03, 2020
darediamond:

grin e pain am!
Olodo pele cheesy
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by IronGalaxy: 7:13am On Dec 03, 2020
Actually, I'm a Messi fan l, but this guy has a point
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by dstar01(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2020
My own take on this debate about who is the GOAT between both player is that MESSI has far better footballing ability than CR7.However no one can deny that CR7 is the most passionate and determined footballer in the world and this passion and determination is what has put him where he is right now. So for me CR7 is the GOAT!

Amazing Wealth Tips:

"Become a highly disciplined time manager. There are roughly 168 hours in a week. This surely allows plenty of time for achievement of the many goals we desire to accomplish. Be ruthless with your time. Set aside a few minutes each morning to plan your day. Plan around your priorities and focus on not only those tasks which are immediate but not important (i.e., many telephone calls) but especially on those which are important but not urgent, for these allow for the greatest personal and professional development.

Important but not immediate activities are those which produce long-term, sustainable benefits and include exercise, strategic planning, the development of relationships and professional education.

Never let the things which matter most be placed in the backseat as compared to those that matter least". It is called priority. Ensure you prioritise your daily, weekly and monthly activities, to ensure you achieve maximum balance in your financial goals.

Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Coldsteel(m): 7:20am On Dec 08, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Pure nonsense!!!!
Messi has a lot of penalty goals,too.
He also has a lot of tapins.
We all know who dribbles pass defenders,assists,crosses, and yet scores finesse goals..
We also know who resides in the box most of the time..with a great appetite for penalties.. hardly dribbles nor playmake but always in position for tapins
Re: Jorge Jesus: "Cristiano Has A Bit Of Maradona's Passion, But Messi Has None" by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 10, 2020
Coldsteel:

We all know who dribbles pass defenders,assists,crosses, and yet scores finesse goals..
We also know who resides in the box most of the time..with a great appetite for penalties.. hardly dribbles nor playmake but always in position for tapins
You are wrong.
It's not only Messi that dribbles,assists and scores.
Ronaldo and some other players do that,too.
Case closed!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Libya Vs Nigeria: Super Eagles Arrive Taïeb M’hiri Stadium, Sfax, Tunisia (Pic) / Yakubu Abubakar, Ex-Ghana Footballer Dies At The Age Of 36 / Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.