Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market (26326 Views)

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by capitalzero: 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:
This should normally be bad news as a lower dollar to naira exchange rate encourages massive importation thus encouraging consumerism.

But since we want all the borders opened and 1 dollar to one naira; let's embrace importation of everything from pencil to toothpick because no manufacturing sector can compete locally and internationally.

I wish the dollar stays high but local production be ramped up to meet national demand and some products with which we have high comparative advantage (ability to massively supply) should be banned.
??

How many things can we produce locally?

4 Likes

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by MrStylish(m): 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
Abobi
I still love dollars
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Coldie(m): 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2020
Biglittlelois:
You call 470 naira to a dollar bouncing back

What happen to #1=$1 that was promised in 2015

What they meant is #1000 = $1

They mistakenly ommited the zeros
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by luvinhubby(m): 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
It will go back to N500
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by talk2hb1(m): 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
Okay
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Iogobenz(m): 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and talk. Have you tried exporting anything outside Nigeria before. Go and do that and come back and talk.
You are so dumb,he wasn't talking about export,rather satisfying local demand since as imports will be too expensive.
Besides,I've noticed you are very lazy and like to drag everyone down with you.
Because you haven't succeeded with export means it is impossible? undecided
What a dunce,later you'd be screaming unemployment up and down,entitled cow.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Commotfornigeri: 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
Diasporans and freelancers saving the Naira once again.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by MrStylish(m): 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
Abobi
Back then we were deceived that one day 1naira will equals 1dollar

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by lexy2014: 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jostoman:
No be only bounce back na somersault.

Na crawl back
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by tweakdude1: 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
Naira bounces? Abeg when it's not yet after 8 months.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Olawumi1032(f): 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2020
Naira is now bouncing ball
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2020
Iogobenz:
You are so dumb,he wasn't talking about export,rather satisfying local demand since as imports will be too expensive.
Besides,I've noticed you are very lazy and like to drag everyone down with you.
Because you haven't succeeded with export means it is impossible? undecided
What a dunce,later you'd be screaming unemployment up and down,entitled cow.
You are a very big idiot. I really hate when someone makes a comment and then another person comes and starts insulting. If you can't make reasonable comments without any form of insults then don't make them. Fool.

4 Likes

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by lexy2014: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:
This should normally be bad news as a lower dollar to naira exchange rate encourages massive importation thus encouraging consumerism.

But since we want all the borders opened and 1 dollar to one naira; let's embrace importation of everything from pencil to toothpick because no manufacturing sector can compete locally and internationally.

I wish the dollar stays high but local production be ramped up to meet national demand and some products with which we have high comparative advantage (ability to massively supply) should be banned.

This is text book economics which isn't applicable in Nigeria. If not, it will amount to putting d cart before d horse

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Banmeallday: 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2020
Shameful nation, shameful blacks
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by rahztafari(m): 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2020
Is it the same naira that is 485 now? Lol

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by dejol88: 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2020
The benefits of remittances from Nigerian abroad cannot be overemphasized.

That is why i was angry at this administration not doing enough to reverse visa ban from USA.

Due to almost non existence FDI, my people now remember obodo oyibo people to help with dollar yet they are not doing enough to help those who have the means to immigrate to the USA.

FG, negotiate with the USA , to reverse the ban

2 Likes

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Iogobenz(m): 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2020
lexy2014:

This is text book economics which isn't applicable in Nigeria. If not, it will amount to putting d cart before d horse
How is it not applicable to Nigeria?
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by lexy2014: 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2020
Iogobenz:
How is it not applicable to Nigeria?

because nigeria isn't a producing economy
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Brushstrokes20: 5:13pm On Dec 02, 2020
Stupid story for zombies!
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by NAETTE: 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2020
Naira don turn bouncer grin

Bouncing baby
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2020
Biglittlelois:
You call 470 naira to a dollar bouncing back

What happen to #1=$1 that was promised in 2015

you no go read and understand before you comment, smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by moneyissweet(m): 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2020
Tonda faya all of una.

Covidiots
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by ufotty2001: 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2020
Those that trade forex will always understand N500 will always be a resistance.. it may even reconcile at the price for long but the day it break it ...oooh my God it is going to N700

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
Iogobenz:
I insult because you are obviously an ìmbecile,so I've got to remind you how foolish you are.
You should be thanking me for showing you how much of a big fool you are,
Ciao.
cc: mynd44,dominique,justwise,oam4j
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by wasi9ice: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
Is that the bouncing back?
Why can't it bounce back to where it was before may 29 2015 ?
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Lavisha(f): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
DennisEche:
MCHEW, YOU CALL 470 BOUNCE BACK.
A MAN WHO PROMISED TO MAKE 1 NAIRA EQUATE ONE DOLLAR.
OGUN GO KILL ALL THE ZOMBIES THAT SUPPORTED AND STILL SUPPORTING THE DULLARD
Aseeeee..
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Iogobenz(m): 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2020
lexy2014:

because nigeria isn't a producing economy
A country with a GDP of $450B isn't a producing economy?
Then what is? undecided
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by lindareep: 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2020
SHAME is when 1USD = N470 ....SMH!!!

Meanwhile, if you chat me up now, I will deliver enlargement gel to your preferred address in Lagos.
The gel is just 5K!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unusual Names Of CBN-Approved BDC Operators / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja / Using Mastercards Issued By Nigerian Banks Online. Issues!?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.