Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,531 members, 7,819,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market (26332 Views)

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by riczy(m): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
Buhari:The ppl have seen nothing yet!

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by lexy2014: 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
Iogobenz:
I cannot answer an incoherent question sir.
Please go and ask any smart person around you this same question,then get back to me on his response.
I say smart person ooo,not a hoodlum grin grin
How else is GDP measured asides productivity?
I really was looking to exchange knowledge and probably learn from you,apparently I was wrong.

Are u saying u can't answer d simple questions I asked& that u aren't smart?:

Is it GDP that makes nigeria a producing economy with regards d devaluation of d naira against d dollar? Is production d only way of measuring GDP?

I thought u are a professor of economics?

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by guychidile: 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2020
I'm jus passing with no comment
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by sonnie10: 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
Iogobenz:
A country with a GDP of $450B isn't a producing economy?
Then what is? undecided
$25 that is how much you are entitled to per Capita (if you divide that figure by 200m population). Assuming they don't service external loan

This is how much the government can afford to spend on each person per year. It includes budget for education, health care, infrastructural development, security, etc.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Dollanaira: 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
really
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by lexy2014: 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
Iogobenz:
I cannot answer an incoherent question sir.
Please go and ask any smart person around you this same question,then get back to me on his response.
I say smart person ooo,not a hoodlum grin grin
How else is GDP measured asides productivity?
I really was looking to exchange knowledge and probably learn from you,apparently I was wrong.

U sound so hurt& distressed. What's d problem? Are u going thru therapy? U can always share ur problems. A problem shared is a problem half solved. u seem to be battling some inner demons cos I don't see y ordinary discussion on GDP is getting u all worked up
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by toscolee(m): 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and talk. Have you tried exporting anything outside Nigeria before. Go and do that and come back and talk.

If he, you, or I hasn't tried it, that's because the system made it very difficult. A lot of businesses are struggling or folding up. I relinquished partnership of a business I co own yesterday.
Don't blame him yet. E no easy my brother.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by hybridblood07(m): 5:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
If they can bring it back to #150, things would get better but I don't see that happening in this useless administration
nairavsdollars:
Just because Davido cried that he changed 1 dollar at N500, they quickly did abracadabra to being it to N470. Its going back to N600
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Karlifate: 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jostoman:
No be only bounce back na somersault.

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Rugaria: 5:56pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:
This should normally be bad news as a lower dollar to naira exchange rate encourages massive importation thus encouraging consumerism.

But since we want all the borders opened and 1 dollar to one naira; let's embrace importation of everything from pencil to toothpick because no manufacturing sector can compete locally and internationally.

I wish the dollar stays high but local production be ramped up to meet national demand and some products with which we have high comparative advantage (ability to massively supply) should be banned.

The problem is that the country is producing nothing! You first have to be productive enough before employing such fiscal/monetary policies otherwise people will starve. The labor force is not organized, the industrialization level is still slow, so how can the people cope if imports are costly since there are basically no Loca alternatives?

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Seyzcham91(m): 5:58pm On Dec 02, 2020
Stupid people! so 30naira difference na bounces back!

if e now go back 200 nko? e go be naira flies back
mumu people
Doraty1:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/breaking-naira-bounces-back-appreciates-to-n470-in-parallel-market/amp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&__twitter_impression=true
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Ejiod(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2020
Something I sold for 500 yesterday. Be jonsing yourself there
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by brainhgeek(m): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bounce ko. Bouncing backward. Ojabo ko fo, omo la bansin. They are targeting 1000 by the end of first quarter of 2021
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by WHITELIGHTER: 6:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
It's 485 now...

Tomorrow it will be back at 500
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by omorttee4u(m): 6:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
They knew the solution, they just decided not to implement the right thing. So good they bowed to pressure .
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by IamSolopy(m): 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2020
���
Kindly follow the best plug @
HOUSE OF SOLOPY!
OUR SERVICES: Real estate, cars and dogs���

IG@House of solopy
WhatsApp- +2348148744032

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Proffdada: 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
DennisEche:
MCHEW, YOU CALL 470 BOUNCE BACK.
A MAN WHO PROMISED TO MAKE 1 NAIRA EQUATE ONE DOLLAR.
OGUN GO KILL ALL THE ZOMBIES THAT SUPPORTED AND STILL SUPPORTING THE DULLARD
No one supports the dullard, they just chose the lesser of the two evils. A Jona.daft was steering the country hellbound

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Biglittlelois(f): 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
It shows the mediocre home training your mother gave you; insulting people even when your tiny brain couldn't comprehend what was being said.
further mentions will be ignored.

You lack home training because you were picked from the dustbin

You quoted me first by saying I didn't read what was on the thread, I replied by asking if you are dull since it doesnt change anything, so how is that an insult? Who came on my my mention with a subtle jab first?

Do not ever quote this moniker again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Iogobenz(m): 6:29pm On Dec 02, 2020
sonnie10:

$25 that is how much you are entitled to per Capita (if you divide that figure by 200m population). Assuming they don't service external loan

This is how much the government can afford to spend on each person per year. It includes budget for education, health care, infrastructural development, security, etc.
I'm sorry sir but you are super wrong.
GDP has nothing to do with all these you listed,national budget does instead.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Sirmuel1(m): 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jostoman:
No be only bounce back na somersault.

Baba be calming down small small

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by sonnie10: 6:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
Iogobenz:
I'm sorry sir but you are super wrong.
GDP has nothing to do with all these you listed,national budget does instead.

where does the money for national budget come from?
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Iogobenz(m): 6:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
sonnie10:

where does the money for national budget come from?
Taxes,revenues,levies,national commodities,government parastatals,etc...
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by ikenna042: 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
One naira should be one dollar not N460= $1
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Ubiudumo(m): 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2020
No be small bounce back oo

Naira is fighting dollar grin

Who go win this battle? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by legacystore: 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
It will go up further against dollar in the coming days. That 500 naira is a strong resistance point for naira. The support should be around 420 naira
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by blacknp(m): 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
DennisEche:
MCHEW, YOU CALL 470 BOUNCE BACK.
A MAN WHO PROMISED TO MAKE 1 NAIRA EQUATE ONE DOLLAR.
OGUN GO KILL ALL THE ZOMBIES THAT SUPPORTED AND STILL SUPPORTING THE DULLARD
Only a BIG FOOL will believe that thrash.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by mankan2k7(m): 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
The dullard has destroyed our naira
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by blacknp(m): 6:46pm On Dec 02, 2020
Proffdada:
No one supports the dullard, they just chose the lesser of the two evils. A Jona.daft was steering the country hellbound
Blame democrazy.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by blacknp(m): 6:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
mankan2k7:
The dullard has destroyed our naira
How much foreign exchange have you made since 2015 to help the Naira? Pauper.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by walter11590: 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2020
No be small bounce back ooNaura is fighting dollar Who go win this battle?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Unusual Names Of CBN-Approved BDC Operators / Using Mastercards Issued By Nigerian Banks Online. Issues!? / UBA Staff Clap And Share Snacks With Customers To Show Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.