Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,708 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:00 PM

Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market (26496 Views)

Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,280/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To ₦‎1,650/$ At Parallel Market / Naira Appreciates To N756.61/$ On Investors & Exporters' FX Window (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by thaoriginator: 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2020
grin

Kiss my ass fuckerz cheesy
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by lexy2014: 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
Iogobenz:
A country with a GDP of $450B isn't a producing economy?
Then what is? undecided

Is it GDP that makes nigeria a producing economy with regards d devaluation of d naira against d dollar? Is production d only way of measuring GDP?
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by makanma(f): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:
This should normally be bad news as a lower dollar to naira exchange rate encourages massive importation thus encouraging consumerism.

But since we want all the borders opened and 1 dollar to one naira; let's embrace importation of everything from pencil to toothpick because no manufacturing sector can compete locally and internationally.

I wish the dollar stays high but local production be ramped up to meet national demand and some products with which we have high comparative advantage (ability to massively supply) should be banned.
do you manufacture electronics??.....you

2 Likes

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by pretyval: 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
Please change the headline.....

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by BruncleZuma: 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2020
How's that a bounce back?

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Biglittlelois(f): 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
you no go read and understand before you comment, smh

Are you dull?

What am I suppose to read to understand? Will what was written change the fact that 470 to a dollar makes no difference since it is not the one naira to a dollar we were promised in 2015?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Iogobenz(m): 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2020
lexy2014:

Is it GDP that makes nigeria a producing economy with regards d devaluation of d naira against d dollar? Is production d only way of measuring GDP?
Go and educate yourself properly before you come and expose your ignorance.
GDP=Gross Domestic Product.
Doesn't this tell you that this function is a measure for productivity?
Despite devaluations,GDP still stands at the same value or close to where it was pre devaluation,this should tell you that the naira value of GDP increased,ie productivity has been increasing....

3 Likes

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by mikeuz(m): 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:
This should normally be bad news as a lower dollar to naira exchange rate encourages massive importation thus encouraging consumerism.

But since we want all the borders opened and 1 dollar to one naira; let's embrace importation of everything from pencil to toothpick because no manufacturing sector can compete locally and internationally.

I wish the dollar stays high but local production be ramped up to meet national demand and some products with which we have high comparative advantage (ability to massively supply) should
be banned.

For your mind now, you think you know what you are saying. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Juanmike(m): 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bounce back indeed.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Iogobenz(m): 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2020
makanma:
do you manufacture electronics??.....you
You cannot manufacture everything as a nation,you'd import some then produce some.
Balance of trade exists for a reason...

8 Likes

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Are you dull?

What am I suppose to read to understand? Will what was written change the fact that 470 to a dollar makes no difference since it is not the one naira to a dollar we were promised in 2015?
It shows the mediocre home training your mother gave you; insulting people even when your tiny brain couldn't comprehend what was being said.
further mentions will be ignored.

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by lexy2014: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
Iogobenz:
Go and educate yourself properly before you come and expose your ignorance.
GDP=Gross Domestic Product.
Doesn't this tell you that this function is a measure for productivity?
Despite devaluations,GDP still stands at the same value or close to where it was pre devaluation,this should tell you that the naira value of GDP increased,ie productivity has been increasing....

Professor, with all ur education, u are yet to answer d following questions:

3 Likes

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by PataAlhaja(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2020
Biglittlelois:

Are you dull?

Political gimmicks.

... absolutely impossible.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by pickatyou2: 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2020
Little sign of relief

For your car tracking services and installation, check my signature
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by stillmaticOG(m): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
They can try all they want, but it is just a matter of time before the naira will be exchanging for 550 against the dollar
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by KelvinCoaster(m): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
The CBN last week at the MPC meeting warned Financial analysts and media officials to stop using figures from the 'parallel/black market' to determine the price of the Naira!
As at today the official price of the Naira per Dollar is far less than what is reported in this post!
We have to stop the 'black market',its a dubious market!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Iogobenz(m): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2020
lexy2014:

Professor, with all ur education, u are yet to answer d following questions:

I cannot answer an incoherent question sir.
Please go and ask any smart person around you this same question,then get back to me on his response.
I say smart person ooo,not a hoodlum grin grin
How else is GDP measured asides productivity?
I really was looking to exchange knowledge and probably learn from you,apparently I was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by akilo1: 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
Sai baba grin
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:

I wish the dollar stays high but local production be ramped up to meet national demand and some products with which we have high comparative advantage (ability to massively supply) should be banned.

What rate is best for naira

Give us a value?
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bounces back at 470? When will it bounce back to the N200 it was under Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by nnamdi640: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
Ehiscotch:

My brother can you explain why dollar was less during Gej regime despite the the high rate of importation then, unlike now that we have less importation....
I don't think Importation is the only reason why there is devaluation

5 Likes

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by johnhood(m): 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2020
Should we be happy? Is this equivalent to N1 or N50. This country sef.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by johnnychuks(m): 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2020
is this a bounce back?
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by oguns222: 5:35pm On Dec 02, 2020
DennisEche:
MCHEW, YOU CALL 470 BOUNCE BACK.
A MAN WHO PROMISED TO MAKE 1 NAIRA EQUATE ONE DOLLAR.
OGUN GO KILL ALL THE ZOMBIES THAT SUPPORTED AND STILL SUPPORTING THE DULLARD

According to Useful Idiot Gravelslam, Buhari never made such a promise.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Akachai2030(m): 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
Jostoman:
No be only bounce back na somersault.
obodo Nigeria
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Trueteller0147: 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2020
Imagine; bounce back. This country is a disgrace to the world
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by studentofTruth: 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
nairavsdollars:
Just because Davido cried that he changed 1 dollar at N500, they quickly did abracadabra to being it to N470. Its going back to N600

Lol, you dey vex gaan.

It's expected that dollar will fall in December. One of the most well-recognized seasonality in USD is that it usually falls in December. One of the reasons is that people are converting to local currencies for their Christmas vacation.

I expect naira to fall to #520 or more per dollar by the end of January, unless Oil prices get significantly above $50 per barrel.

1 Like

Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by simplesearch: 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
APC as a party are in short supply of men of integrity reason everybody end up as a praise singer. Once their mannequin economic principles that keeps the nation in a hollow block is shamed, instead of brainstorming to find a lasting solution that'll get peoples hope restored, they'll rather adopt a short cut procedure that'll end up making them a laughing stock. By the time the said dollar rebounds against this abracadabra reduction it may go as high as 600. It baffles me how God will confer his good will on a few people to govern a prosperous nation as Nigeria and all they do is turn it into a grazing field. Whereas I'm apolitical, God save Nigeria!
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Democracynna: 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2020
You call 470 naira to a dollar bouncing back

What happen to #1=$1 that was promised in 2015

Promise cancelled
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by mumexcellency(f): 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2020
As long as that man is still there, the dollar may enter 1,000.
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by MosayA: 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
Bouncing naira kwa grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Naira Bounces Back, Appreciates To N470/$ In Parallel Market by Dichrys(m): 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
What's there to celebrate it will still go bk to factory reset

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fire Razes Down Temple Hill Supermarket In Festac, Lagos / How Chris Folayan Built Mall-For-Africa From His Bedroom / Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.