Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me (28822 Views)

Obasanjo: Why I Owe Nobody Apology For Not Believing In Oduduwa Republic / Obasanjo: Why Igbos Are Angry At Nigeria / Olujonwo Obasanjo: Why I Am Supporting Buhari – Obasanjo’s Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by bolaayenimo: 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2020
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has said he had no quarrel with the Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Gani Adams.

The former president said he had refused to grant Adams’ request to visit him when he was president and after he left the office.

Obasanjo said he had a reservation for Adams’ past way of life,­ which he said, was not in acc­ordance with his standards­ and principles.

Obasanjo said his meeting with Adams at the residence of a chieftain of Afenifere, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, in Le­kki was not on a reconciliatory mission.

Obasanjo in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Akinyemi, on Wednesday, said he paid a visit to Adebanjo, but, met Adams there.

The statement was titled “No fight to warrant r­econciliation with Ad­ams – Obasanjo”.

The statement read, “My attention has been­ drawn to some public­ations reporting an a­cclaimed reconciliati­on between Gani Adams­ and myself at the re­sidence of Chief Ayo ­Adebanjo in Lagos tod­ay.

It is true that I pai­d a personal visit to­ Chief Ayo Adebanjo a­t his residence in Le­kki Phase 1 on Decemb­er 2, 2020 and I met ­Gani Adams there.

“I have no quarrel wit­h Gani Adams, but for­ his past way of life­ which was not in acc­ord with my standards­ and principles. I h­ave in the past, both­ in government and ou­t of government, refu­sed to grant Gani’s r­equest to visit me.

“If at all anybody fee­ls I have a quarrel w­ith him or her that n­eeds reconciliation, ­such reconciliation w­ill, no doubt, take p­lace in my residence ­in Abeokuta only.”

https://punchng.com/why-i-rejected-gani-adams-request-to-visit-me-obasanjo/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by Airlove: 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
No permanent friend and no permanent enemy

10 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by Amotolongbo(f): 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2020
Gani Adams is your son Baba, e fa omo yin mora

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by TooMuchStuff: 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2020
Who cares ??
Handshake is Handshake whether in Ota or in Lekki

Iba....himself.

Kabiyesi

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by doggedfighter(f): 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2020
grin

Obasanjo always claiming sainthood .
You are not better than Gani Adams.

The only thing is you weren't lifeless while in the office

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by ngadaAwo: 11:57pm On Dec 02, 2020
you're not a Saint either baba
your pasts are even worst than the Are ona nkakafo of yeroba land

God bless real Omoluabis
God bless Yoruba land

thunder scatter Tinubu's urchins

62 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by yarimo(m): 12:17am On Dec 03, 2020
you met him there or not Mr OBASANJO that is your business

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by Nobody: 12:31am On Dec 03, 2020
Only Ojukwu and Shekau caused loss of more lives through ridiculous ways than Gani Adams, the bigot!
Some ethnic groups in Nigeria witnessed one of the worst violent and fatal ethnic clashes in the hand of this man between 1999-2003.

8 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by JaneYave(f): 1:01am On Dec 03, 2020
I reserve my comment. If l say whats on my mind like it is,it will be harsh but l will say it. When you were face to face with danger as shown in that video, was there a place in your heart for all of these? If NO then be FATHERLY.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by thatsleepboy1: 1:13am On Dec 03, 2020
Obasanjo with his big fat stomach

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by realstars: 1:14am On Dec 03, 2020
Baba na wa! .
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by ednut1(m): 3:46am On Dec 03, 2020
cheesy

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by kayusely70(m): 4:01am On Dec 03, 2020
As A Christian And An Elder, Baba Should Let Byegone Be Byegone.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by BlackfireX: 4:03am On Dec 03, 2020
grin

This people ugly ehhhhh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by NaijaOlosho(f): 6:50am On Dec 03, 2020
One man Nigeria must kill to progress is Obasanjo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by ignis: 6:51am On Dec 03, 2020
Obasanjo remains the smartest Nigerian president. Buhari is the dumbest.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by Simplebeauty: 6:52am On Dec 03, 2020
grin

"Birds of a feather" but one is claiming he is of a different species. Mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by ekestic1976(f): 6:52am On Dec 03, 2020
God bless you, President Obasanjo. This is called Wisdom of the Elders. Long live, sir. No one knows Gani Adams as a title holder in Ijesa, Ekiti, all of Ondo State, Ogun state, Osun state and Igbomina Yorubaland. His chieftaincy is relevant only in Oyo town. We know his ANTECEDENTS!

14 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by DenreleDave(m): 6:52am On Dec 03, 2020
And so what?
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by BigBelleControl(m): 6:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Obasanjo dealt thoroughly with Gani Adam that year. I'm sure he still sees him as a thug he was and not as the generaslisimo that he is own.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by Dominion202: 6:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Obasanjo be careful oooo
Cos this Gani Adam's look tooooor

But both of you need be unite

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by Goldencheese(m): 6:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Political subterfuge...Baba is throwing a red herring on what transpired in that meeting. But I like Obasanjo and I think he is the best president so far since 1999 even with all his imperfections.

15 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by olaric(m): 6:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Obasanjo, a better president than Buhari. Not a tribalist like the one currently in Aso Rock.

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by Alcapodetuti: 6:54am On Dec 03, 2020
Seriously? Why I fell out with Gani Adams over greed -- Chief Arogundade, OPC, New Era

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjO-H9PfntU

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by crackhouse(m): 6:54am On Dec 03, 2020
I am tired of commenting on front page.
Re: Obasanjo: Why I Refused Gani Adam's Request To Visit Me by Sonnobax15(m): 6:55am On Dec 03, 2020
shocked. Obj keeps sounding as if he's a saint,but the remaining sensible Nigerians,we all know him to be the grand father of the whole wahala we are currently facing now in the country....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Arrested Many Boko Haram Members In Lagos –former GOC / NAF Inducts 20 Military Dogs Trained In Explosives Detection, Others / Check Out The Crowd At INEC Media Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.