Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,007 members, 7,821,528 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

V - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / V (1125 Views)

Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? / Man Reunites With Man Who Saved His Life After Robbery Attack 25 Years Ago (Pix) / Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

V by Jogunomi1: 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
S

1 Like 1 Share

Re: V by Davash222(m): 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Dear OP, that you were drenched yesterday doesn't mean you should be walking with umbrella everyday.

It's never a taboo to help people. To help is a human nature. Your tyre got deflated cos you help two boys might be a way God used to prevent you from a terrible accident. The ways of God are different.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: V by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 03, 2020
hmm
Re: V by dawnomike(m): 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jogunomi1:
He was in the Nigerian Army as an ordinary soldier. Then an opportunity came where you give your child to be trained from secondary school to Nigeria Defense Academy level. But whoever takes such a chance would forfeit his pension.

My father was married at the time he took this chance but was expecting his first child. Prior to that time, he visited his mother's brother and found out his son was unable to further his studies. Having known the young lad to be smart in his primary school days, my father took him so that he could further his studies.

So, when the opportunity came, my father presented the young lad as his son to the military. The boy surprised everyone in the military high school. Then the leadership found out that his surname is different from my dad's surname. He faced court martial and proved that he used his grandfather's name as the boy's surname. My dad said his own father didn't give him grandfather's name, which he loves, as surname.

The guy graduated from high school and made it to Nigerian Defense Academy. He was sent abroad after NDA for officer's course. While abroad, his mates back home (Gideon Orka) were involved in a coup. A lot of them died in the coup. He stayed abroad, proceeded to Ph.D and became very rich today. He lavished his wealth on his biological father, and doesn't care about whereabouts of my father today.

It pains me because I'm responsible for feeding my father today. Note that my father never lived a wayward life, so that you won't think he squandered any largesse from the rich guy.

WHY I THINK HELPING OTHERS IS A TABOO IN MY FAMILY

I visited my grandparents' people in the village one day with my bike. It was far and there are about 5 villages along the route before getting to our village. While returning to the city on long, untarred road, I saw boys of about 14 and 16 years olds trekking to the city from one of the villages. I stopped to help them. About 1 minute after they boarded my bike, my rear tyre went flat. What happened was that a sharp object was already lodged in the tyre but didn't reach the tube because my weight was not enough to have a toll on the tyre thereby pushing the sharp object towards the tube. Once weights were added, the object pierced my tube. I started pushing the bike and rode it like that where the road was motorable.

I was a manager in an establishment. The management so much liked me that they asked me to help look for someone with my kind of integrity despite that the chairman has some relatives disturbing him for a slot in his company. I brought my school mate who did study same course as mine. He later disrespected the chairman (something that almost led to exchange of blows) and my relationship with the management went south, leading to my exit.
Typical of MEN of those days... Those my dad trained and sponsored before we were born ended up to be no where to be found when he was down. It was sad but lesson learnt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: V by Solidconceptz(m): 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2020
Sighs, it is a pity that we humans are so selfishly minded that we rarely think about the repercussions of the choices we make. Just make sure you learn from his mistake and be a better example to your kids

1 Like 1 Share

Re: V by SimpleNClean: 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2020
Fiction
Re: V by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
Davash222:
Dear OP, that you were drenched yesterday doesn't mean you should be walking with umbrella everyday.

It's never a taboo to help people. To help is a human nature. Your tyre got deflated cos you help two boys might be a way God used to prevent you from a terrible accident. The ways of God are different.
When you take over your phone i will know
Re: V by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
Zzor:
When you grow sense I will know

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: V by Davash222(m): 2:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
Zzor:
Safe to call you ominiknowest
Re: V by fati2001(m): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
Davash222:
Safe to call you ominiknowest

COMING FROM SOMEONE WITH NOSE LIKE PLANE RUNWAY
Re: V by Davash222(m): 2:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
fati2001:

This boy!
Re: V by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
fati2001:

kikikiki, that boy is just a trouble maker

1 Like

Re: V by fati2001(m): 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2020
Davash222:
This boy!
transgender boy!
Re: V by prettysassygirl(f): 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2020
There is no formula to living life.
Re: V by Jogunomi1: 2:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
SimpleNClean:
Fiction

Soldiers have unique service numbers. I can give you that of my dad for a research about him.
Re: V by prince2pac(m): 2:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
same way daddy helped his brothers (uncles), and when we came along thing went south for him... then no one to help, even secondary school weh men don hustle finish na by Grace, but hopefully we go de alright... they are enjoying in their different mansions forgetting who got them there
Re: V by Jogunomi1: 7:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
prince2pac:
same way daddy helped his brothers (uncles), and when we came along thing went south for him... then no one to help, even secondary school weh men don hustle finish na by Grace, but hopefully we go de alright... they are enjoying in their different mansions forgetting who got them there

That's why people pay up to 300k to get federal jobs these days. If you help anyone to get those jobs, if you mistakenly hit brick walls in life, they won't even think you exist.
Re: V by Nobody: 3:44am On Dec 04, 2020
Only a fool helps others. Same happened to my dad. His driver even built a house, helped many of his relatives abroad. Hit financial problem one time every one japa. I do not help people. I save my money

1 Like

Re: V by juniorstar(m): 9:03am On Dec 04, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Only a fool helps others. Same happened to my dad. His driver even built a house, helped many of his relatives abroad. Hit financial problem one time every one japa. I do not help people. I save my money
I am trying really hard to help my siblings but also trying not to do pass myself
Re: V by Nobody: 9:23am On Dec 04, 2020
Yes, helping people atimes can backfire.
When you help people, don't always expect a reward from them but from God and be very careful otherwise you'll be disappointed; human beings being what they are.
Re: V by englois: 10:11am On Dec 04, 2020
Helping people is something the stronghearted do. It's not for everybody. It's just like deliberately loosing money; you don't expect anything in return. If you help with the intention that you will receive, high bp will come knocking. I remember when I was in school @ oau, I stayed in Moreno hostel. We were 5 in a room. One of my room mate was sick. Everyone was leaving for class and despite having lectures, i still volunteered to follow her to the school clinic. We came back and I made sure she was okay before leaving for other classes. Later in the term, I was also seriously ill. I slept on the bed from money till evening, my friends came around. Do you know this lady never opened her mouth to ask me what's up? I learnt one lesson that day which is "No go dey do pass yourself.....

(1) (Reply)

What Can I Do To Provoke My Husband Abuse Me Physically – Lady Ask / Amazing Majestic Mega Million Orphanage Opens In Akure / Please Nlanders I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.