Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,911 members, 7,814,075 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? (10485 Views)

Who Do We Blame For A Child's Failure? / Domestic Violence - Who Is Truly Responsible? / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Toks2008(m): 10:58pm On Apr 15, 2022
Do you know that in most cases, ladies and men are the cause of the domestic violence they experience in their relationships?

The sign of a woman beater, as well as a man beater, can never be hidden but people always overlook these signs while dating, and rather than leave, they hope the man or woman will change...

People don't change really... They only get better in hiding their nature just to unleash it when you least expect.

If he or she strikes you once, it may pass for a crazy mistake but if it is done a second time, that is who he or she is... RUN!

As a lady, make it a duty to respect the man in your life and if for any reason you can't respect him then you have no business staying with him, please leave the union.

And for the men who say women sometimes are the cause I will say that is BS cos even when we know some ladies can be very very overbearing and verbally abusive, any wise man should know that the weakness of women is their tongue and that is where their power lies so we must learn to ignore, walk away or ask her to leave in order to keep your sanity if she is verbally abusive but don't ever raise your hand to hit a woman and same applies to the ladies who are physically abusive towards their men.

#SayNoToDomesticViolence

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Sekoni003(m): 11:07pm On Apr 15, 2022
Trust me if it happens once, it's only a matter of time before it becomes a constant... no matter how provoked you her, don't hit her. Go for a walk, go work out, go grab a beer, anything to calm your mind down after which you both can talk things out

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
" if he or she strikes you once, it may pass for a crazy mistake but if it is done a second time, that is who he or she is....." I agree with this assertion.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by flokii: 11:11pm On Apr 15, 2022
When you hear domestic violence, what comes to your mind?

Majority of domestic violence cases result from emotional and verbal abuse from the wives directed at their husbands, others result from poor upbringing and anger issues on the man's part.

Can you really pin point who to blame when you are not living with the couple in their matrimonial home? I doubt.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Daniel7543: 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
I'm a proud woman beater,.. say whatever you wanna say, I don't give a damn fvck.
Some women are so stubborn, they're always quick to verbally abuse their husbands. Their mouths runs anyhow like a community tap.

Don't try that bullshit with me o, I'm not a gentleman at all o. If a woman cross her boundary, I go beat 20 years out of her life. She dey Mad

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by eedhrisademola(m): 11:54pm On Apr 15, 2022
Na the Human Beast in us be the cause..
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 15, 2022
The One who hits.

Violence is never the way.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Apr 15, 2022
Daniel7543:
I'm a proud woman beater,.. say whatever you wanna say, I don't give a damn fvck.
Some women are so stubborn, they're always quick to insult their husbands. They're run their mouths anyhow.

Don't try that bullshit with me o, I'm not a gentleman at all o. If a woman cross her boundary, I go beat 20 years out of her life. She dey Mad
When you are done, log out and continue being the good boy you are.
Person wey never kill mosquito go dey come here dey type nonsense for clout.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Pascopele: 1:47am On Apr 16, 2022
Blame the woman for getting pregnant because she is reproducing an abuser.

3 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Pascopele: 1:48am On Apr 16, 2022
Palema007:
When you are done, log out and continue being the good boy you are.
Person wey never kill mosquito go dey come here dey type nonsense for clout.
You should haven't not quote him, he just finished JSS 3 exams

7 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 16, 2022
Palema007:
The One who hits.

Violence is never the way.

If you think "domestic violence" is just physical abuse alone, then you're clearly not so informed undecided...

Toks2008:

And for those who say women sometimes are the cause I will say that is BS cos even when we know some ladies can be very very overbearing, any wise man should know that the weakness of women is their tongue and that is where their power lies so we must learn to ignore, walk away or ask her to leave but don't ever raise your hand to hit a woman and same applies to the ladies who are physically abusive towards their men.

#SayNoToDomesticViolence

OP...
Lemme put it to you that "verbal abuse" is also a form of domestic violence, cause it seems to me that you think getting physical is the only form of domestic violence undecided....

Having said so...
Telling a man to just "ignore" a verbal abuse is equivalent to telling a woman to ignore a man who hits her, see how it sounds? undecided...

You're telling men to never hit a woman (physical abuse) no matter what and that's awk! I agree, yet you did not tell women to never abuse a man verbally, why's that? undecided...

Is it that you support verbal abuse or is it that you don't think verbal abuse is a form of abuse or maybe you're trying to downplay the potency of verbal abuse? undecided.... Which is it? undecided...

You were right when you said that women are mostly "verbally powerful" as compared to men and men are more physically powerful as compared to women on average ((paraphrasing)), so lemme ask, if a woman is allowed to exhibit her 'power" in a fight and the man is advised to "ignore and walk away", why shouldn't the man exhibit his too?

To romancelanders
Never tolerate abuse of any form or from anyone! If you're abused in any way, kick that fellow out of our life asap!

**Hope you saw in the second picture, that verbal abuse as a form of domestic violence**

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 8:40am On Apr 16, 2022
Daniel7543:
Some women are so stubborn, they're always quick to insult their husbands. They're run their mouths anyhow.

Person wey no fit even hurt fly. Stop capping boy!

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:48am On Apr 16, 2022
Toks2008:
Do you know that in most cases, ladies and men are the cause of the domestic violence they experience in their relationships?

The sign of a woman beater, as well as a man beater, can never be hidden but people always overlook these signs while dating, and rather than leave, they hope the man or woman will change...

People don't change really... They only get better in hiding their nature just to unleash it when you least expect.

If he or she strikes you once, it may pass for a crazy mistake but if it is done a second time, that is who he or she is... RUN!

And for those who say women sometimes are the cause I will say that is BS cos even when we know some ladies can be very very overbearing, any wise man should know that the weakness of women is their tongue and that is where their power lies so we must learn to ignore, walk away or ask her to leave but don't ever raise your hand to hit a woman and same applies to the ladies who are physically abusive towards their men.

#SayNoToDomesticViolence
.... Two questions for you sir.

Why must it be the man that should walk away in such situation?

Doesn't women too have wisdom to know when they are going overboard with words?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Daniel7543: 9:06am On Apr 16, 2022
SmellySperm:

Person wey no fit even hurt fly. Stop capping boy!
Stay there.

It is what it is Bro.
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Prettygirl200(f): 9:58am On Apr 16, 2022
Daniel7543:

And that is y u will rot in jail.

4 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by LordKO(m): 10:01am On Apr 16, 2022
People like you help fuel the same domestic violence with that kind of nonsense submission in your last paragraph; instead of encouraging women to always do the right thing, here you are making excuses for them as if they are robots that cannot control their mouths, even when you ought to know that verbal abuse is as destructive as physical, emotional, and psychological abuses.

SayNoToAllTypesOfAbuses

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Daniel7543: 10:03am On Apr 16, 2022
Prettygirl200:
And that is y u will rot in jail.
Now give me just one reason why I won't raise my hands on you for this foolish statement you said to me? I no get joy o. You dey Mad ni?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Prettygirl200(f): 10:04am On Apr 16, 2022
Favfables1:

If you think "domestic violence" is just physical abuse alone, then you're clearly not so informed undecided...

OP...
Lemme put it to you that "verbal abuse" is also a form of domestic violence, cause it seems to me that you think getting physical is the only form of domestic violence undecided....

Having said so...
Telling a man to just "ignore" a verbal abuse is equivalent to telling a woman to ignore a man who hits her, see how it sounds? undecided...

You're telling men to never hit a woman (physical abuse) no matter what and that's awk! I agree, yet you did not tell women to never abuse a man verbally, why's that? undecided...

Is it that you support verbal abuse or is it that you don't think verbal abuse is a form of abuse or maybe you're trying to downplay the potency of verbal abuse? undecided.... Which is it? undecided...

You were right when you said that women are mostly "verbally powerful" as compared to men and men are more physically powerful as compared to women on average ((paraphrasing)), so lemme ask, if a woman is allowed to exhibit her 'power" in a fight and the man is advised to "ignore and walk away", why shouldn't the man exhibit his too?

To romancelanders
Never tolerate abuse of any form or from anyone! If you're abused in any way, kick that fellow out of our life asap!

**Hope you saw in the second picture, that verbal abuse as a form of domestic violence**
okay fine let me just agree with what u just said but u know very well that verbal abuse does not kill like physical abuse. Physically Abuse can damage a human or better still kill but verbal abuse does not that is what the op what trying to say. Knowing fully well that when it comes to physical abuse men are stronger and can hurt or even kill their partner. Is it not just better to walk away?
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by zed7: 10:06am On Apr 16, 2022
Some women are very toxic. I once dated a girl that was gradually making me change into whom I'm not. I told her she made me a worse human being and left her. Perhaps, one day I would have smacked her if I continued the relationship.

It's not so clear cut when defining who to blame for domestic violence. I advice men to run fast when they meet a toxic woman who would turn them to women beaters.

Women too should run fast from men whom violence is already ingrained in their DNA.

7 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Prettygirl200(f): 10:07am On Apr 16, 2022
Daniel7543:
Now give me just one reason why I won't raise my hands on you for this foolish statement you said to me? I no get joy o. You dey Mad ni?
Till u go die u no go fit. Why am I even arguing with a small boy chasing clout, Nonsense na ur type deserve hanging.

4 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Daniel7543: 10:17am On Apr 16, 2022
Prettygirl200:
Till u go die u no go fit. Why am I even arguing with a small boy chasing clout, Nonsense na ur type deserve hanging.
Well, na normal social media rant you dey rant.

For reality, them never born your papa well to talk this foolish talk to my face. If you no receive black eyes call me bastard.

4 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Prettygirl200(f): 10:27am On Apr 16, 2022
Daniel7543:
Well, na normal social media rant you dey rant.

For reality, them never born you well to talk this foolish thing to my face. If you no receive black eyes call me bastard.
U go continue to be[b] bastard[/b] I have said what I want to say go and Hang yourself useless self

4 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Toks2008(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2022
Favfables1:

OP...

Having said so...

To romancelanders

Kuku kill her because she abused you verbally.

If she abuse you verbally at worst abuse her too make we kuku know it is two women fighting as long as you dont hit her. That is my point.

No one supports verbal abuse from a lady but if it happens just refrain from hitting her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 16, 2022
Prettygirl200:
okay fine let me just agree with what u just said but u know very well that verbal abuse does not kill like physical abuse. Physically Abuse can damage a human or better still kill but verbal abuse does not that is what the op what trying to say. Knowing fully well that when it comes to physical abuse men are stronger and can hurt or even kill their partner. Is it not just better to walk away?

Sweetheart....
Abuse is abuse!
Stop trying to downplay the effects of one and magnify the effects of the other!

If I slap you, I'll cause you pain...
If I tell you you're worthless, I'll still cause you pain...
In both cases, I'm causing you severe pain, why should it matter "how" the pain is inflicted? undecided....

And the fact that you can boldly say "physical abuse damages a human ... and verbal abuse does not" tells me that you have very little knowledge of the psychological implications of abuse undecided...

Please read the write up in the photo CAREFULLY... When you're done researching the implications of those in a person's life, then maybe we'll have this conversation undecided...

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
Toks2008:

If she abuse you verbally at worst abuse her too make we kuku know it is two women fighting as long as you dont hit her. That is my point.

No one supports verbal abuse from a lady but if it happens just refrain from hitting her.

This is a very cheap form of emotional manipulation undecided... So a man who defends himself (verbally) from a woman who verbally abuses him is now a "woman"? undecided.... LMAO

OP sir...
Are you aware that the only reason why a woman who is an abuser, will not abuse a man physically is because she can't?? (Most of the time)...

When women can't abuse a man physically, they'll result to verbal abuse, in other words, the abuse men dish out with their fist is the same abuse women dish out with their lips ...the only difference is that, the effects of one is very visible to all and that of the other isn't!

So my dear OP sir...
The same disdain you're showing for physical abuse, should be the same disdain you should show for verbal abuse or abuse of any form....

You say men should refrain from hitting women no matter what ba? I agree totally, however in the same vain, women should refrain from running their mouth undecided....

On a personal note...
I believe in defending myself from abuse of any form, so if anyone, male or female tries to abuse me in anyway, I will dish it out to you in an even greater measure undecided....

#say_no_to_any_form_of_abuse angry

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Offpoint1: 12:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
I'll honestly blame good sex, money and public opinion as the cause for domestic violence.

1. Good sex: It's hards to leave a partner who fxxks well, it's almost psychologically impossible.

2. Money: It's a difficult task to leave a rich or broke partner who provides all your needs when you know you're financially handicap.

3. Public opinion: A lot endured because they so much give a shit about what the public will say, especially religious folks.

All these comes to play right from inception of all relationships.

5 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2022
Favfables1:

This is a very cheap form of emotional manipulation undecided... So a man who defends himself (verbally) from a woman who verbally abuses him is now a "woman"? undecided.... LMAO

OP sir...
Are you aware that the only reason why a woman who is an abuser, will not abuse a man physically is because she can't?? (Most of the time)...

When women can't abuse a man physically, they'll result to verbal abuse, in other words, the abuse men dish out with their fist is the same abuse women dish out with their lips ...the only difference is that, the effects of one is very visible to all and that of the other isn't!

So my dear OP sir...
The same disdain you're showing for physical abuse, should be the same disdain you should show for verbal abuse or abuse of any form....

You say men should refrain from hitting women no matter what ba? I agree totally, however in the same vain, women should refrain from running their mouth undecided....

On a personal note...
I believe in defending myself from abuse of any form, so if anyone, male or female tries to abuse me in anyway, I will dish it out to you in an even greater measure undecided....

#say_no_to_any_form_of_abuse angry
...You ve said it all. I'm sorry to say this but the op is very confused.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
Toks2008:

.... With this your submission I don't think you clearly understood what you are saying.

So a man who returns verbal abuse back to the same woman is also a woman?

You people are not ready to end domestic violence. When we are ready let's discuss it with all honesty.

11 Likes

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Toks2008(m): 1:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
JONNYSPUTE:
...You ve said it all. I'm sorry to say this but the op is very confused.

Im confused cos you can't reason out that I used an irony for you.

Keep whining
Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Prettygirl200(f): 1:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
Favfables1:

Sweetheart....
Abuse is abuse!
Stop trying to downplay the effects of one and magnify the effects of the other!

If I slap you, I'll cause you pain...
If I tell you you're worthless, I'll still cause you pain...
In both cases, I'm causing you severe pain, why should it matter "how" the pain is inflicted? undecided....

And the fact that you can boldly say "physical abuse damages a human ... and verbal abuse does not" tells me that you have very little knowledge of the psychological implications of abuse undecided...

Please read the write up in the photo CAREFULLY... When you're done researching the implications of those in a person's life, then maybe we'll have this conversation undecided...
okay Mr know everything. I didn't expect u to agree with me. Las las every one is entitled to his/ her opinion. Tadarrrr!!!!

1 Like

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
Prettygirl200:
okay Mr know everything. I didn't expect u to agree with me. Las las every one is entitled to his/ her opinion. Tadarrrr!!!!

When a female has nothing coherent to say about a topic, they often result to name calling/insults, emotional blackmails et al ...

I actually expected this kinda response and quite honestly, I wasn't disappointed grin...

Have a nice life mi'der...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Domestic Violence. Who Do We Blame? by Toks2008(m): 4:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
Favfables1:

When a female has nothing coherent to say about a topic, they often result to name calling/insults, emotional blackmails et al ...

I actually expected this kinda response and quite honestly, I wasn't disappointed grin...

Have a nice life mi'der...

Hmmm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Real Definition Of A Man According To Your Experience? / I Want To Leave My Husband For My First Love.pls I Need You Advise. / The Cheating And Lying Husband: Power Prayer Points For The Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.