Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,502 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. (2295 Views)

Makeup Artist: ''any Man Above 40 That’s Still Single Must Have Bad Character'' / Rita Dominic, Genevieve Nnaji, Ini Edo, Mercy Aigbe, Likely To Wed In 2021 / Top 10 Nollywood Actresses With Highest Followers On Instagram. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 2:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
We all grew up watching Genevieve act and I have huge respect for her. But I'm sick and tired of the hype she gets from the viewers and her fellow actors and actresses. Almost everyone thinks she's the best nollywood actress ever. In my opinion she's not.

There are other more talented actresses with better presence and role interpretation than what Genevieve brings to the table. And they are also more versatile than she is.

Here are 5 actresses under the age of 40 that are more talented than Genevieve.

Cc

Lalasticlala
Dominique
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 2:15pm On Dec 03, 2020
1. Toyin Abraham

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2020
2. Wofai Fada

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 2:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
3. Funke Akindele

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Davash222(m): 2:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
The three ladies you mentioned up there. I believe, will give you a dirty slap for trying to bring them in the same sentence with elegant Genevieve.

11 Likes

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Darlingme(f): 2:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
Is like you have special hatred for her. The reason while she's seen that way is because, she's among the first female actress who interpreted the script well.

Is like, others learn from her.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2020
4. Jumoke Adetola

1 Like

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
Davash222:
The three ladies you mentioned up there. I believe, will give you a dirty slap for trying to bring them in the same sentence with elegant Genevieve.

I'm not talking about elegance. I'm talking about acting ability and versatility.

Someone like Toyin Abraham can act all Genevieve's roles perfectly, but Genevieve can't act some of the roles I've seen Toyin kill.

We confuse beauty and elegance with acting. All these ladies act better than Genevieve abeg. Except you don't watch their movies.
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Davash222(m): 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2020
Infolenka:

I'm not talking about elegance. I'm talking about acting ability and versatility.

Someone like Toyin Abraham can act all Genevieve's roles perfectly, but Genevieve can't act some of the roles I've seen Toyin kill.

We confuse beauty and elegance with acting. All these ladies act better than Genevieve abeg. Except you don't watch their movies.
Toyin can act all Genevieve's role perfectly?

Now, take a moment and close your eyes, imagine Toyin acting as a posh London returnee. Imagine Toyin pronouncing "Oil" as "Hoil".

9 Likes

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
Only Funke dey try there the rest are cut and nail undecided

Modified : Mercy Johnson to me is the best Nollywood actor/actress. The only thing Genevieve has on her is some time difference nothing else. She can actually make Gennie pee on her victoria secret... argue with ur nonsense phone undecided

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
5. Mercy Johnson

1 Share

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by zickyclef: 2:47pm On Dec 03, 2020
afongas squad

1 Like

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Beckysexy(f): 3:45pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jumoke is a good actress though
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
Davash222:

Toyin can act all Genevieve's role perfectly?

Now, take a moment and close your eyes, imagine Toyin acting as a posh London returnee girl. Imagine Toyin pronouncing "Oil" as "Hoil".

You are still conflating acting with accent. You are actually confused.

Any slowpoke with a sprinkle of acting talent can act as a posh London returnee. If this is your threshold for good acting then you don't know what good acting is.

I dare Genevieve to play the role of a street tout who turned a new leaf and became a well-behaved, homely young woman. Toyin can do both very believably but Genevieve can only do one of the two.

I also dare Genevieve to play the role of a lesbian who doubles as a psychopath assassin. I doubt she could even play any of the roles successfully. But Toyin would do both well.

Your Genevieve is all hype.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lalasticlala & Dominique, this thread will generate lots of views and active discussions
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
Only Funke and Mercy johnson amongst the ones u listed can hold their own with Genevieve.The rest are just Instagram slayqueens

1 Like

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
lefulefu:
Only Funke and Mercy johnson amongst the ones u listed can hold their own with Genevieve.The rest are just Instagram slayqueens

If you haven't watched each of them act multiple roles, then don't comment.
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
dairykidd:

Modified : Mercy Johnson to me is the best Nollywood actor/actress. The only thing Genevieve has on her is some time difference nothing else. She can actually make Gennie pee on her victoria secret... argue with ur nonsense phone undecided
i pray im no go add princesssalt,cossy and roman goddess grin grin
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
The comments I'm getting here are funny. Most of you don't know good acting when you see it. You are confusing looks and accent with acting.

Jumoke adetola if not that she only does Yoruba movies, will destroy Genevieve in any nollywood role.

I'm Igbo but I always watch any Yoruba movie I see Jumoke act because her acting is so believable. From facial expressions to emotions to role interpretation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Silentgroper(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
dairykidd:

I agree wit u.
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Davash222(m): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
Infolenka:

You are still conflating acting with accent. You are actually confused.

Any slowpoke with a sprinkle of acting talent can act as a posh London returnee. If this is your threshold for good acting then you don't know what good acting is.

I dare Genevieve to play the role of a street tout who turned a new leaf and became a well-behaved, homely young woman. Toyin can do both very believably but Genevieve can only do one of the two.

I also dare Genevieve to play the role of a lesbian who doubles as a psychopath assassin. I doubt she could even play any of the roles successfully. But Toyin would do both well.

Your Genevieve is all hype.
Respect to Toyin, but, she can't tie Genevieve's shoe lace when it comes to acting.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by cktheluckyman: 4:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
What sort of stupid post is this? Apart from Funke and Mercy Johnson who amongst these ones can untie Genevieve's shoe laces? Haba

6 Likes

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by KevinDein: 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2020
cktheluckyman:
What sort of stupid post is this? Apart from Funke and Mercy Johnson who amongst these ones can untie Genevieve's shoe laces? Haba
Yeah, Genevieve is (was) a genuinely brilliant actress, at least by Nigerian/African standards. Mercy and Funke aren't as good as her, and they are good in their own right.

Genevieve, Omotola, Joke Silva, Liz Benson, are tier 1. You don't see them on screen that often these days and that could partly explain why the nollywood movies aren't as decent as they used to be.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by bobokeshington: 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
kiss
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by MJBOLT: 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
crying on screen all the time like a baby doesnt translate to best actor/actress,mercy johnson is good no doubt but the likes of rita dominic,tonto dikeh,patience ozokwor,ini edo etc will give her a run for her money,i dont want to mention the guys sef.

dairykidd:

1 Like

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by kambili999(f): 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
Plz add adesuwa etomi Wellington.

She acts well
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by chibunna60393: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
Is like you have special hatred for her. The reason while she's seen that way is because, she's among the first female actress who interpreted the script well. Is like, others learn from her.
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by MJBOLT: 5:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
i dont blame the op,he needs to watch classic nollywood movies not the recent trash we keep getting.

Davash222:

4 Likes

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by vicmac09(m): 5:48pm On Dec 03, 2020
[quote author=Infolenka post=96696589]The comments I'm getting here are funny. Most of you don't know good acting when you see it. You are confusing looks and accent with acting.

Jumoke adetola if not that she only does Yoruba movies, will destroy Genevieve in any nollywood role.

I'm Igbo but I always watch any Yoruba movie I see Jumoke act because her acting is so believable. From facial expressions to emotions to role interpretation.

I agree with you.. All these people supporting Genny don't know what good acting is.. Jumoke Odetola is the pick of the bunch, very intelligent and can act multiple roles. I don't know why she hasn't ventured into English movies.. I rate her the best currently
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
I keep saying this. Genny is gud but overhyped her edge over the others is her long standing in the industry. Genny lacks versatility

Funke, Mercy Johnson, Tony Abraham can interpret any roles, I don't know abt the others on this list cos I haven't seen their movies.

Genny is one of my most admired female celebrities because of her classiness, brain and her not showing off. That babe get class!

1 Like

Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by Infolenka: 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2020
Vicmac09 please edit your post well so people can read it. You made a lot of sense.
Re: 5 Nollywood Actresses Under 40 That Are More Talented Than Genevieve Nnaji. by realestate99: 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2020
Davash222:

Respect to Toyin, but, she can't tie Genevieve's shoe lace when it comes to acting.
......without sentiment, putting interpretation of roles into consideration Genevieve is just above average nothing spectacular, but when grace found someone, other parameters are secondary.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Ampiclox Help Flush Out Sperm After Sex? / Whatsapp Sex Chat Group / I Can't Get My Mind Off Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.