Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,750 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God (643 Views)

Michael Job: The 'Jesus' In Kenya Is An Evangelist (Photos) / Who Is Worshiping Idol Now?; Traditionalist Asks As He Shares These Photos / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Video Of RCCG Members Worshiping Chair Of Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by JOBgame(m): 3:56pm On Dec 03, 2020
I listen to one gospel music from northern nigeria that is in hausa language it says about the story of david and goliath the gaint(it says when goliath called david a small boy and mocked him,then david said;"in jesus name i shall be the one to kill you".david then took a stone from his pack in a rack he hold it saying j-e-s-u-s jesus then goliath fell down on the spot.

One thing i keep wondering is that,i read the old testament in the book of david the story i read there said that david called opun jehovah and defeated goliath on the ground living goliath liveless.but in the new testament it says that david called opun jesus son of mary and defeated goliath.so now which one is the real story and of david is it from the old or new testament.

***MY QUESTION***
My question now is that is jesus a living god? or is jesus a messager from almigthy god that was sent to the world to perform miracles? Or was it tales from the western world.
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Romanoff(f): 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jesus is not a messenger and David never said "in the name of Jesus". This is what he said, “You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have taunted.
1 Samuel 17:‬45

God has three personalities revealed at different dispensations of the Bible but the three personalities came together to create the heaven and earth. Genesis 1-26.

Because the purpose of God for man was truncated by the devil through the fall of man in the garden of Eden, God sent the second God personality Jesus Christ to come make remission for the sin of all mankind because the sacrifice of Sheep and oxen were not enough.

During the time of David, it was the God head (The Almighty, The I am) that he was referring to.

In this time, we are in the dispensation of the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit was sent after Jesus died and ascended to heaven. John 16:7.

So there was and is no dispensation that God wasn't present.
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
Show me the passage in the new testament where it says David called on Jesus to defeat Goliath ??
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Kobojunkiee: 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2020
JOBgame:
One thing i keep wondering is that,i read the old testament in the book of david the story i read there said that david called opun jehovah and defeated goliath on the ground living goliath liveless. but in the new testament it says that david called opun jesus son of mary and defeated goliath.so now which one is the real story and of david is it from the old or new testament.
Where in the New Testament did you find what you claim to have read? undecided
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Dtruthspeaker: 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2020
JOBgame:

***MY QUESTION***
My question now is that is jesus a living god? or is jesus a messager from almigthy god that was sent to the world to perform miracles? Or was it tales from the western world.

It is the same Lord God who David knew and called that Came to visit us as a man Who we Call Jesus Christ!

The very same Lord God is the same Jesus Christ!
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by MrPRevailer(m): 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2020
JOBgame

Jesus is the Word of God and all things were created by him. John 1:1-2, Revelation 19:13; Revelation 1:11

God promised the prophets of old to send the Messiah, which was his only begotten Son to save Israel.

John 1:14 "The Word of God became flesh and dwelt among men.

The name Jesus is not an ordinary name. It is a powerful name and weapon against sin, against the devil and powers of darkness. It also heals the sick.

Acts 4:12 for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by MrPRevailer(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2020
The name Jesus was not revealed until he came to the world. Isaiah 53 whole chapter prophesied the Messiah

Isaiah 53:1 Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

In old time, the blood of lambs were used for the sacrifice for sin offering. Jesus became the lamb of God for sin offering. Paid once and for all, that there will be no more offerings.

The righteous man a.k.a sinless one dying for the sinful man whose very nature is corrupt because of the old man, Adam.
Jesus came the new man.

Therefore he said "You must be born-again" or else you won't see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

When you are washed/baptized in the blood of Jesus, you become a new creature with a new nature.

God is Trinity
Human is also a Trinity
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by MrPRevailer(m): 7:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
Jesus said that David spoke of him.

Matthew 22:42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.

43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,

44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?

45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Janosky: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

It is the same Lord God who David knew and called that Came to visit us as a man Who we Call Jesus Christ!

The very same Lord God is the same Jesus Christ!

John 20:17, any human who claims he knows more than Jesus Christ is indeed a FRAUD.
John 3:16,36.
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by reallest(f): 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2020
let me sit down here with my popcorn,this thread will be interested.
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by livingchrist: 8:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
JOBgame:
I listen to one gospel music from northern nigeria that is in hausa language it says about the story of david and goliath the gaint(it says when goliath called david a small boy and mocked him,then david said;"in jesus name i shall be the one to kill you".david then took a stone from his pack in a rack he hold it saying j-e-s-u-s jesus then goliath fell down on the spot.

One thing i keep wondering is that,i read the old testament in the book of david the story i read there said that david called opun jehovah and defeated goliath on the ground living goliath liveless.but in the new testament it says that david called opun jesus son of mary and defeated goliath.so now which one is the real story and of david is it from the old or new testament.

***MY QUESTION***
first of all, David did not know the name Jesus.
The revealed name of God to moses and the Israelites was YWHY which is pronounced as Yahweh or Jehovah.
Any time LORD was used in capital letter it seemly means yahweh not Adonai which is interpreted in small letter as Lord but in this dispensation the name Jesus is given to men for deliverance, while david didn't really called the name Jesus the preacher used Jesus to relate it with the new testament reality.

Jesus is surely the living God, a dead God is not God.
Jesus was God but he also became man in the new testament making him the God-man.
His incarnation is neccesary so as to fulfill the role of a second Adam.
He had to become a servant and a man to fulfill the plan of salvation but however by becoming a servant and a man he became less in position to God even a little lower than the angels before his resurrection but after his resurrected he became glorified, greater than the angels but lower than God as he still retained his humanity.

So as God Jesus is equal to the father but as a man he his less than the father by virtue of his humanity and of course Jesus is the God-man hence he us both equal to God and less than God..
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Dtruthspeaker: 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2020
Janosky:

John 20:17, any human who claims he knows more than Jesus Christ is indeed a FRAUD.
John 3:16,36.
cheesy grin cheesy grin

I am with you on this for The Father is separate from The Son as you Rightly Supplied.

But in Answer to the question Op Posed, my Answer is that it is the Son, known as The Lord God or The Lord in what people call the old testament.
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:56am On Dec 05, 2020
The bolded is a misconception Sir!

The problem Satan created for Bible readers is to remove God's name from the scriptures and to replace it with the titles "God or Lord"
There is a difference between the name of a person and his title, for instance the title "President" can be used for the ruler of USA as well as the ruler of Gambia (West Africa) but how many people on this planet know that there is a country called Gambia talkless the name of the President in that country?
Ordinarily at the mention of the name "Trump" even my little grandson knows that's the name of the President of America.
So Satan confused the interpreters of the Bible by making them replace God's name with titles, that's why most of you now think whenever you see the title "Lord" in your copy of the Bible it is referring to Jesus! undecided
Know today that whenever you see the title written in Capital in the Old Testament (KJV) what supposed to be there is "JEHOVAH" God's name, the evidence is clear at Psalms 110:1 where David said "JEHOVAH said to my Lord 'sit at my right hand until i make your enemies a stool for your feet'"
The interpreters of the KJV misinterpreted this verse rendering it "The LORD said to my Lord"
Apostle Peter later quoted this verse explaining that it was JEHOVAH who spoke to Jesus! Act 2:34

Yet when the interpreters of the KJV got to Jude :9 they still rendered JEHOVAH'S name as Lord making it confusing for the reader to know that Michael was referring to JEHOVAH as the one who will rebuke Satan, but misinformed readers will think Michael was referring to Jesus whereas in the spirit realms Jesus is archangel Michael himself!

So before buying any Bible try to read the preface and pay rapt attention to what the publisher say about the divine name, most of you just pick up any version without considering the preface and when you come in contact with Jehovah's Witnesses who have taken their time to verify all these things {1Thessalonians 5:21} you want to argue!

Dtruthspeaker:

I am with you on this for The Father is separate from The Son as you Rightly Supplied.

But in Answer to the question Op Posed, my Answer is that it is the Son, known as The Lord God or The Lord in what people call the old testament.

Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Dtruthspeaker: 7:42am On Dec 05, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
The bolded is a misconception Sir!

The problem Satan created for Bible readers is to remove God's name from the scriptures and to replace it with the titles "God or Lord"
There is a difference between the name of a person and his title, for instance the title "President" can be used for the ruler of USA as well as the ruler of Gambia (West Africa) but how many people on this planet know that there is a country called Gambia talkless the name of the President in that country?
Ordinarily at the mention of the name "Trump" even my little grandson knows that's the name of the President of America.
So Satan confused the interpreters of the Bible by making them replace God's name with titles, that's why most of you now think whenever you see the title "Lord" in your copy of the Bible it is referring to Jesus! undecided
Know today that whenever you see the title written in Capital in the Old Testament (KJV) what supposed to be there is "JEHOVAH" God's name, the evidence is clear at Psalms 110:1 where David said "JEHOVAH said to my Lord 'sit at my right hand until i make your enemies a stool for your feet'"
The interpreters of the KJV misinterpreted this verse rendering it "The LORD said to my Lord"
Apostle Peter later quoted this verse explaining that it was JEHOVAH who spoke to Jesus! Act 2:34

Yet when the interpreters of the KJV got to Jude :9 they still rendered JEHOVAH'S name as Lord making it confusing for the reader to know that Michael was referring to JEHOVAH as the one who will rebuke Satan, but misinformed readers will think Michael was referring to Jesus whereas in the spirit realms Jesus is archangel Michael himself!

So before buying any Bible try to read the preface and pay rapt attention to what the publisher say about the divine name, most of you just pick up any version without considering the preface and when you come in contact with Jehovah's Witnesses who have taken their time to verify all these things {1Thessalonians 5:21} you want to argue!

I do thank you for your respectful opposition but permit me to differ!

This is the basis of my belief,

1) "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

2) we do say "Jesus Christ is Lord". And in what people call new testament, He is directly referred to as "The Lord"

3) "Are you the promised or should we look for another?" Same Reply The Lord gave John's disciples, which is to the effect "Consider the miracles He Did and the ease.

4) the unclean spirits confessed that He is The Son of God.

5) Genesis 2:4 shifts from God to Lord God (why?)

Because All Power was Given Him who is Now God over His Creations (and wait for it)

Then, Lord God changed in Chapter 4 to The Lord, which remained throughout the Bible Except When He, The Lord, was introducing Himself to Abraham (and all of us) all the way in chapter 15, and Immediately after, He Reverts to His Name of Authority, which is, The Lord!

Your confusion stems from the fact that In Genesis God and Lord God and The Lord was used what on the face looks what you call erroneous or the simple readers would call confusing but it is No Error but A Deliberate Presentation Showing in Hidden Sight, The Greatness of our God, Jesus Christ by the Commands of The Most High, His Father!

My humble submission sir!
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by AntiChristian: 8:40am On Dec 05, 2020
Trinity vs Jehovah vs LORD vs Lord vs Jesus.

This argument will never end in Christianity against the denominations!

They keep arguing on who their God is in relation to Jesus. And what does LORD mean different from Lord?

How do god/ lord differ from God/lord before translation?

Moses, David, Abraham and others worshipped only one God. And none of them knew God in three persons.

Jesus is a messenger sent from God to guide the children of Israel.

JOBgame:

***MY QUESTION***

1 Like

Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Nobody: 9:12am On Dec 05, 2020
JOBgame:

***MY QUESTION***
I don't know if you Muslim or christian but i can give you this passage

Psalm 101:1
The LORD said to my Lord, “Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet.”

This was David speaking from a divine view, so he knew who Jesus was already, infact Jesus quoted this passage when they called him the son of David.

Jesus asked how he could be a son of David when David called him his Lord.

David knew Jesus as his Lord but the name Jesus wasn't revealed even to David until Christ came so basically David called on his God as the old prophets did
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by orisa37: 9:22am On Dec 05, 2020
DAVID WAS AN ISAACIST PARENT OF THE LAMB OF GOD, THE REDEEMER OF HUMANKIND.
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 05, 2020
AntiChristian:
Trinity vs Jehovah vs LORD vs Lord vs Jesus.

This argument will never end in Christianity against the denominations!

They keep arguing on who their God is in relation to Jesus. And what does LORD mean different from Lord?

How do god/ lord differ from God/lord before translation?

Moses, David, Abraham and others worshipped only one God. And none of them knew God in three persons.

Jesus is a messenger sent from God to guide the children of Israel.

In the quran "I create for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with God’s permission." (Quran 3:49)

Why was Jesus able to perform the work of creation which only God had power to?

Was this not the same creation story of Adam which only God performed?

It was not just creation from clay but the breath of Life from God himself.

Jesus either has to have that same character and inexhaustible life as God which makes him God to perform this miracle.

Or allah shared his ability to make living soul with another beign which doesn't make him one God.

What is the purpose of this passage in Quran?

Is it to show that Isa was a mere prophet or has ability with God?

Because allah clearly failed here if it was a mere confirmation of isa prophethood, Mohamed had not a single miracle in the quran yet Muslims call him the greatest prophet.

Kindly give me a comprehensive explanation of this Quran passage, not allah know best
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by orisa37: 9:30am On Dec 05, 2020
DAVID WORSHIPPED THE HEART OF GOD AND GOD LOVED HIM VERY MUCH AS A SPECIE OF FREE AND OBEDIENT HUMANKIND
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:48am On Dec 05, 2020
Just present the GROUP practicing Christianity in the right sense that's all! smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

I do thank you for your respectful opposition but permit me to differ!

This is the basis of my belief,

1) "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."

2) we do say "Jesus Christ is Lord". And in what people call new testament, He is directly referred to as "The Lord"

3) "Are you the promised or should we look for another?" Same Reply The Lord gave John's disciples, which is to the effect "Consider the miracles He Did and the ease.

4) the unclean spirits confessed that He is The Son of God.

5) Genesis 2:4 shifts from God to Lord God (why?)

Because All Power was Given Him who is Now God over His Creations (and wait for it)

Then, Lord God changed in Chapter 4 to The Lord, which remained throughout the Bible Except When He, The Lord, was introducing Himself to Abraham (and all of us) all the way in chapter 15, and Immediately after, He Reverts to His Name of Authority, which is, The Lord!

Your confusion stems from the fact that In Genesis God and Lord God and The Lord was used what on the face looks what you call erroneous or the simple readers would call confusing but it is No Error but A Deliberate Presentation Showing in Hidden Sight, The Greatness of our God, Jesus Christ by the Commands of The Most High, His Father!

My humble submission sir!
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Dtruthspeaker: 10:01am On Dec 05, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Just present the GROUP practicing Christianity in the right sense that's all! smiley

The worship of God is in spirit and in Truth and Spirits do not report to me or any man therefore I can not know any group of persons worshiping The Lord in Spirit and in Truth only Persons.

And I see too many people who have grouped themselves Doing That Which The Lord Has Condemned Already and Not Doing That Which The Lord has Instructed To Be Done!
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:42am On Dec 05, 2020
That means you can only join the commentators you can't help an interested person know which group he needs to associate with as Paul urged Christians not to forsake the gathering of true believers! Hebrew 10:24-25

Well i know the one and only true Christian group that i can confidently direct any interested person to anyday anytime, and i know that all the rest belongs to Satan!

So you and i aren't on the same page! smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

The worship of God is in spirit and in Truth and Spirits do not report to me or any man therefore I can not know any group of persons worshiping The Lord in Spirit and in Truth only Persons.

And I see too many people who have grouped themselves Doing That Which The Lord Has Condemned Already and Not Doing That Which The Lord has Instructed To Be Done!

Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:12pm On Dec 05, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
That means you can only join the commentators you can't help an interested person know which group he needs to associate with as Paul urged Christians not to forsake the gathering of true believers! Hebrew 10:24-25

Well i know the one and only true Christian group that i can confidently direct any interested person to anyday anytime, and i know that all the rest belongs to Satan!

So you and i aren't on the same page! smiley

I am very satisfied with keeping The Laws in Psalm 1 and Proverbs 1: 10-19, just to mention a few and Avoiding Sinners At All Costs! Thank you.
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
For the privilege given to IDENTIFY Jesus' group during this endtime i'm OK! Matthew 7:15-20; John 13:34-35
Thanks! smiley

Dtruthspeaker:

I am very satisfied with keeping The Laws in Psalm 1 and Proverbs 1: 10-19, just to mention a few and Avoiding Sinners At All Costs! Thank you.
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Dtruthspeaker: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
For the privilege given to IDENTIFY Jesus' group during this endtime i'm OK! Matthew 7:15-20; John 13:34-35
Thanks! smiley

It is Written "I know my Sheep, My Sheep know Me!"
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by KLand(m): 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2020
The story you read in the old testament is the correct version. David defeated Goliath in the name of God. The song you listened to could have been a metaphor, describing how the victory was won.

In the new testament, we have been given the power of attorney to use the name of Jesus to use.

But whether in the old or new testament, it is the same God we are calling. In Christianity, we don't have problem believing that Jesus is God.
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:23pm On Dec 05, 2020
YES! And the sheep also know their own gathering! John 17:22 compared to Isaiah 2:1

Dtruthspeaker:

It is Written "I know my Sheep, My Sheep know Me!"
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by AntiChristian: 1:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
Mikehot:
In the quran "I create for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, then I breathe into it and it becomes a bird with God’s permission." (Quran 3:49)

Why was Jesus able to perform the work of creation which only God had power to?

Was this not the same creation story of Adam which only God performed?

It was not just creation from clay but the breath of Life from God himself.

Jesus either has to have that same character and inexhaustible life as God which makes him God to perform this miracle.

Or allah shared his ability to make living soul with another beign which doesn't make him one God.

What is the purpose of this passage in Quran?

Is it to show that Isa was a mere prophet or has ability with God?

Because allah clearly failed here if it was a mere confirmation of isa prophethood, Mohamed had not a single miracle in the quran yet Muslims call him the greatest prophet.

Kindly give me a comprehensive explanation of this Quran passage, not allah know best

Answered this already.
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
AntiChristian:

Answered this already.
you didn't
Re: Which God Was David Worshiping Before The Jesus(stories)was Jesus A God by xproducer: 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
JOBgame:

***MY QUESTION***
==================

The Lord JESUS CHRIST is the Word - GOD!

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" - John 1:1

Regarding king David, the Lord JESUS lets us know that even though He came to earth along the lineage of David in the flesh, that He / the Lord JESUS is from everlasting past - that He is GOD!

Jesus: How Can David Call His Descendant Lord?
"While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, saying, “What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?”
They said to Him, “The Son of David.”
He said to them, “How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord,’ saying:
‘The Lord said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool” ’?
If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?” And no one was able to answer Him a word, nor from that day on did anyone dare question Him anymore.
" - Matthew 22:41-46

The Lord JESUS also let all know that He saved Abraham also - "Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad. Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” - John 8:55-58

------

The Lord JESUS CHRIST, the Word, the Son of the Living GOD, Alpha & Omega, The Almighty (Rev 1:7-8 ) is the only Savior of mankind from eternal damnation.

"Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

(1) (Reply)

Series Of Dreams / Are Babies Going To Hell? / This issue of 'the future'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.