Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,326 members, 7,867,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:02 AM

If You Are Overpaid By Your Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Overpaid By Your Bank (7328 Views)

How To Buy Airtime Directly From Your Bank Without Internet Or Using The Atm / How To Check Your Bank Account Balance Using Your Mobile Phone / Ever Been Debited By Your Bank ATM Without Payment? Share Your Experience Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: If You Are Overpaid By Your Bank by knotty(m): 2:37pm On Sep 28, 2007
i presented a cheque for 1,248,000 at Ecobank. the teller paid me in 1000 notes and thought he paid me in 500 notes. i did not notice anything until i crossed over to another bank to pay in the money when it hit me that i am a million bucks richer.

at the point, i was owed 9 months salaries by my employer. my house rent was due, my car needed a tokunbo engine, my life was in dire need of the bucks.

the one million was heaven sent.

but, my tomorow is worthed more than a million naira, so also is the future of the paying cashier. i did not need any sermonising.

i returned the whole money to the banker handling the account. i walked away a happy man, a sound conscience and assurance of a better tomorrow.
Re: If You Are Overpaid By Your Bank by Outstrip(f): 9:57pm On Oct 05, 2007
From all the replies it seems that this is a normal thing inNigerian banks. This might sound mean but I think these people are simply incompetent for so many people to have stories of being over paid or under paid.
Re: If You Are Overpaid By Your Bank by MegaStarr(m): 5:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
The posts above were in the good old days when nairaland was full of mature people who had integrity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Sends Skye Bank GMD To Jail / Can Nigerian Verve Card (First Bank) be used in the U.A.E? / CBN To Mop Up N310bn Through Treasury Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.