Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,336 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass (936 Views)

“Because The Young Ones Are Watching”. PEPT Chair Says As He Allows PDP Final Ad / Governor Wike Reacts To The Killing Of "Arrested Disarmed" Robbers By SARS / Police Reacts To Trending Picture Of Sen. Abbo & IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass by TGNEWS(m): 7:09am On Dec 04, 2020
Ishaku Abbo, who represents Adamawa Senatorial northern zone, disarmed a man with a pistol made locally, who threatened to shoot him if he did not give him two million Naira before crossing the blocked road against him.

The man who according to eyewitnesses, on Friday night, 13th November 2020 at around 2AM led dozens of young people and blocked him on his way to his cousin's wedding in Mubi.

He said the incident was an attempt on the Senator's life by the man holding the dane gun, unlike a trending video on many social media platforms published with no verification or obtaining the facts; used by the opposition as venom to poison the mind of Good people of the nation.

The man was said to be handed to authorities immediately after the incident for further investigation.

He worried that, the shortage of employment by trained, teaming unemployed youth is a serious problem that must be resolved quickly by the government in place before it can be fully out of control.

As some of the youth are unwillingly involved in too many criminal activities, he blamed poverty and other social ills as a result of idleness are the key reasons for such rascal conduct, he said it is in his nature to help the less fortunate in society.

“Most of the Youths are pushed into this, wasting their talents by doing something bad to the detriment of themselves and the society at large,” Abbo said

In an interview with newsmen, Abbo revealed his plan to empower the Youths in his constituency with self-reliance businesses to lessen the youths been dragged to social vices because of "peanut change".

“That young man was not deliberate to have attempted attacking me with his den gun, idleness and poverty are eating deep into the fabric mental being of the youth in our society, it is harshly biting hard on them and I must try my best to take them out of that mess.

"Come this Saturday I will go back to my constituency to have a self-sustained empowerment program of millions of naira to help them regain their poverty freedom,” Abbo said

Abbo, however, is worried that his political rivals are seen in the video-sharing sector on a different narrative, which to him is a plus he has won from the opposing party for some political class considering him deserving of attacks.

Re: Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass by GeoAfrikana(m): 7:12am On Dec 04, 2020
Okay sir.

Please call me when this lands in FP
Re: Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass by richiemcgold: 7:32am On Dec 04, 2020
is the senator a Jackie Chan or jet Li? how did he manage to disarm a man who not only have a gun but came with a gang?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass by AroleOduduwa2: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2020
Olofo, damage control

2 Likes

Re: Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass by inoki247: 7:34am On Dec 04, 2020
This must be Jack Bauer Adamawa Version show him the way to the bush e kuku sabi slap people mak e go dey slap Boko Haram nd Bandit and also disarm dem...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass by Houseofglam7(f): 7:39am On Dec 04, 2020
undecided
Re: Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass by YoonSung66: 7:58am On Dec 04, 2020
wink
Re: Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass by slimfit1(m): 8:07am On Dec 04, 2020
The only way to create employment in Nigeria is to make people who have stolen government money in the past be threatened to start factories and industries or there would be taken away from them. They must atart a business that employees at least 5000 people otherwise they will be prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: Sen Abbo Disarmed A Man With A Gun Who Demands N2M Before He Allows Him To Pass by oz4real83(m): 9:10am On Dec 04, 2020
After bring caught twice on camera molesting people, this is a very cheap publicity aimed at damage control. This guy is a disgrace to the legislature. This isn't surprising, political space in Nigeria is either sponsored or occupied by riff-rafs, charlatans, agberos and other miscreants of the society.

(1) (Reply)

Could My Landlord be using me to pay his NEPA Bill? / Kankara Abduction: Garba Shehu Apologises For Misleading Nigerians / Fulani Acapturela Yorubaland & Middle Belt, Ofola Ala Igbo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.