Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,152 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) (27601 Views)

LASG Reacts To Shooting By Thugs In Surulere / Obi Should As A Matter Of Urgency Stop Attending Any Invite By Arise TV. / 2023: ARISE News Presidential Debate (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by AK481(m): 3:00pm On Dec 04, 2020
azawuoba:
waiting for foolish urchins to disclaim facts as usual

all of you paid agents that are trying to sabotage and change narratives that there was never shootings will not end well

I wish and pray for you and your family what really happened on 20-10-2020. ( since you are all so sure there was no shooting )

morons
one idiot named optimum has already done it
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by BIGGESThead6: 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2020
Fake victims, where were they all these while? These Guys are IPOB miscreants who came to do their usual propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by uptimum123(m): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
Coolcalmcollect:
that gun wound is at best from a pistol, like a glock or berratte....or ppk. an ak47 wound would be bigger than dat also it will create a hole that wouldn't have healed so fast from oct. please lie better next time, we also have access to google

Your head dey there...that's was I have been telling them but they chose to stay gullible

2 Likes

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by kovah(m): 3:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
calyto:
See what 'celebrities' caused the first guy?
He defied warnings of curfew because celebrities are governors of themselves.
It was only the second guy that I pitied because he didn't go for a protest like he claimed.

For the third guy who died, it is so unfortunate but he didn't live to tell us what he was doing there.
The way David is going, he may end up killing more people than Boko Haram.
How many of his friends have died because of his youthful exuberance now? Including Dapo's son.
Your problems is not Nigerian Army, it is the celebrities.
You can never be dead right
na celebrities no give you 3 months of constant power supply since them born you for naija ba,na celebrities no give you good roads ni or na government suppose give you security for your compound no b welder for your area go Dey do gate for una.I swear them don use some naija ppl do ritual

4 Likes

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Neddstark: 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
Korllami007:

Curfew that ended that supposed to end at 9pm and shooting started at 7pm. Can you qoute one part of the constitution that says the punishment for violating the curfew is death?

Defend the government with your full chest, stop disguising.

Ok, next time government declares a curfew, stay on the roads with a placard inciting more protests.
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by RealEzee(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
but so far has anyone been prosecuted? NONE NO ONE
I heard over a talk show on radio that evidences admitted during this panel may not be admissible in court ooo, to what end is all this panel for cos if this evidences brought forth can't be used or kinda restricted then na another wave of wahala to come, this govt better use Dia head well cos peeps dey vex
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Etinosa12345: 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
helinues:
shocked

We are not disputing shooting at Lekki, we are not disputing there are no casualties, what we are disputing are

1. Army shot directly at protesters

2. That there was nothing like Massacre at Lekki

Let the judicial panel do their jobs and hope those indicted would be prosecuted

How do u reason... If there was no shooting, how were there some people who got injured?

3 Likes

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Rawgold29(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2020
azawuoba:

did you actually say they were shot by their cohorts?

just make sure you don't end up that way bro

Karma is real
he will surely end up that way....

1 Like

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by clarocuzioo(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2020
Neddstark:

The military was enforcing a curfew placed by the governor. I am not supporting anyone or the government. But when there is a curfew, you obey. No one is bigger than the government of the state. Inasmuch as the shooting was highly condemnable and unnecessary but please still, lets not encourage a lawless society where people disobey laws. You and I are happy that things are a bit normal right now in the country. You can go wherever without the fear that some people are doing carnival on the roads.

When we talk of being myopic this is a typical case. Ever wondered why the government backed down on the curfew story, because it's absolutely senseless.

First the curfew was to start by 9pm the shooting started by around 7. Please how do you justify that. So as at the time of shooting the protesters they are yet to violate the curfew.

Secondly is the penalty for curfew violation now shooting?

Why not round them up and prosecute them for violating the curfew that's if at all they violated the curfew?

There's a law and order for both the government and the governed. Disregard for law and order simply leads to anarchy, that's exactly what we saw after the shooting.

Please kindly answer these questions sincerely and with your number six

4 Likes

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by HeadShot: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2020
uptimum123:
From the injury on the first two people that was interviewed,it's quite obvious it was not the shootings from the Soldiers. An AK-47 riffle would have done more damage than that. So it's safe to say the shots was from their cohorts trying to retaliate by shooting at the soldier's.

To the lady that claimed she lost her brother to the Lekki toll gate shooting, may his soul rest in perfect peace.

I'm sure her case will be part of what would be looked at by Judicial Panel in Lagos to see if her claim was true and if it was actually the soldier's that shot him.

All evil doers will surely pay for their sins

Please are you a Yoruba Muslim?...

Just want to know..
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by kovah(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2020
This our system of government don make some people turn to imbeciles,idiots and fools.

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by RealEzee(m): 3:10pm On Dec 04, 2020
Neddstark:

The military was enforcing a curfew placed by the governor. I am not supporting anyone or the government. But when there is a curfew, you obey. No one is bigger than the government of the state. Inasmuch as the shooting was highly condemnable and unnecessary but please still, lets not encourage a lawless society where people disobey laws. You and I are happy that things are a bit normal right now in the country. You can go wherever without the fear that some people are doing carnival on the roads.
curfew slated for 9pm army started shooting hours before that,is that justified?

Besides does curfew mean u gas dey ur bedroom to obey it?
Isn't it that anywhere e meet u na Dia u go jejeli dey till its called off, if those peeps decided to stay at the toll gate and observe the curfew is what the army did justified, shooting unarmed citizens? Even common opc guys catch u in d area they will make u stay with them in the area till day break lasun.

Days before then no violence at Lekki but just da day hell was let lose, sad reality.

1 Like

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Korllami007: 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
Neddstark:

Ok, next time government declares a curfew, stay on the roads with a placard inciting more protests.

That's why I said stop disguising. Defend the government with your full chest.

1 Like

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by waleadeagb(m): 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
You surely have the right answers for the sonofabitch. Picking likes using God's name. Fela don talk am say den go dey call Jesus, call Gabriel and Allah but na dem dey do bad bad things pass.

Truth can't be hidden forever, it's like half buried dead body, it would eventually stink out and everybody will know the lies you tried covering.....

I can imagine how Liar Muhammad, Barawutire ( Burutai) etc....will be thinking seriously to defend this calamity. Their brain will be doing overheating right now cos from my own vantage point, the number of lies apportion to them by Demented Buhari is almost exhausted. Nigeria here you go again, down the drain like PISS(Urine)

azawuoba:

STFU and say that to your sheeps

leave God out if it and you people start using your brain and work your ass off to have a better country

mumu

1 Like

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Neddstark: 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2020
[size=8pt][/size]
madridsta007:

My Sympathies to those who were killed by the Buhari Nigerian regime and the to those who were injured and to their relatives as well.

The Unity shown at the Lekki Tollgate was what threatened the Nigerian State. To see largely Southern Nigerian youths UNITED in a single cause threatened the current make-up of the Nigerian State. It wasnt really about ending SARS. Unity is a threat.

I am usually an optimist, but to be frank these guys died and were injured for nothing. Let me reiterate- Be good to your family, friends and neighbours BUT dont get involved in any situation that will infer you are doing your best to "save Nigeria". Nigeria isnt worth dying for. Like Asaba Massacre, like Odi & Zaki Biam, like the Biafran Genocide, like Agatu, like Umuahi, like Nkpor, like Aba, like Obi-Igbo, Like Zaria, and like Lekki Massacre Nigeria will wake up and move on as if NOTHING happened. Nigeria will try to erase history too.

The Asaba massacre was the worst. Sad at the end of everything, we all move on. No rememberance. Nothing. Nigeria is like a survival state.

2 Likes

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by calyto: 3:17pm On Dec 04, 2020
What is this creature saying?
The protest was about EEnd SARS right?
kovah:
na celebrities no give you 3 months of constant power supply since them born you for naija ba,na celebrities no give you good roads ni or na government suppose give you security for your compound no b welder for your area go Dey do gate for una.I swear them don use some naija ppl do ritual
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by poseidon12: 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2020
helinues:
shocked

We are not disputing shooting at Lekki, we are not disputing there are no casualties, what we are disputing are

Let the judicial panel do their jobs and hope those indicted would be prosecuted

Are you sure you are alright? If the Army did not shoot directly at the protesters, how did so many people get shot?
The Army initially claimed they were not there at the toll gate. Then admitted being there, claiming they were invited by the Governor who had earlier denied knowing who is responsible for the shooting. So much lies from you guys.

1 Like

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Neddstark: 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2020
Korllami007:

That's why I said stop disguising. Defend the government with your full chest.

Government is not giving me a dime. I am for law and order.
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by katyamizotta: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
uptimum123:
From the injury on the first two people that was interviewed,it's quite obvious it was not the shootings from the Soldiers. An AK-47 riffle would have done more damage than that. So it's safe to say the shots was from their cohorts trying to retaliate by shooting at the soldier's.

To the lady that claimed she lost her brother to the Lekki toll gate shooting, may his soul rest in perfect peace.

I'm sure her case will be part of what would be looked at by Judicial Panel in Lagos to see if her claim was true and if it was actually the soldier's that shot him.

Do you have an AK-47?
Are you a licensed doctor?
Are you a licensed arms dealer?

You are in no position to determine the severity of damage that an Ak-47 can cause.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ak-47-wound-over-an-m4-2015-
12#:~:text=For%20instance%2C%20if%20an%20AK,the%20wound%20can%20be%20fatal.

1 Like

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Sunnyja: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
helinues:
shocked

From where are the dead bodies to we are not disputing shooting at Lekki to let those indicted be prosecuted. How much more confusion can only one person encounter within a span of 1month?!

1 Like

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Neddstark: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2020
RealEzee:
curfew slated for 9pm army started shooting hours before that,is that justified?

Besides does curfew mean u gas dey ur bedroom to obey it?
Isn't it that anywhere e meet u na Dia u go jejeli dey till its called off, if those peeps decided to stay at the toll gate and observe the curfew is what the army did justified, shooting unarmed citizens? Even common opc guys catch u in d area they will make u stay with them in the area till day break lasun.

Days before then no violence at Lekki but just da day hell was let lose, sad reality.

The shooting was unnecessary. But as at 2pm when the Orile police station was burnt, I knew the government was going to use force to disperse the protesters. Those that instigated and incited endsarss knew the same thing too. But they kept shut and let some youths fall victim.
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by katyamizotta: 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
Neddstark:

Even the army personnel (Taiwo) agreed that the protesters were not in breach of the curfew.

Can you query a staff who is not in the office at 7.00am when resumption time is 8.30am?

1 Like

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by RealEzee(m): 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
Neddstark:

The shooting was unnecessary. But as at 2pm when the Orile police station was burnt, I knew the government was going to use force to disperse the protesters. Those that instigated and incited endsarss knew the same thing too. But they kept shut and let some youths fall victim.
and the army no go orile oooo na Lekki them go, those guys can't be justified at all
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Neddstark: 3:32pm On Dec 04, 2020
clarocuzioo:

When we talk of being myopic this is a typical case. Ever wondered why the government backed down on the curfew story, because it's absolutely senseless.

First the curfew was to start by 9pm the shooting started by around 7. Please how do you justify that. So as at the time of shooting the protesters they are yet to violate the curfew.

It is not justifiable. Like I said I am not for the government. But you and I have known Nigeria for many years. It was going to result to the use of force. And to dispel protests in Nigeria, police/army do not use rubber bullets. As a survivor, no one will jejely not be around that kind of place as that time.

Secondly is the penalty for curfew violation now shooting?
No, there should have been a better intervention.

Why not round them up and prosecute them for violating the curfew that's if at all they violated the curfew?
Yeah that would have been good.

There's a law and order for both the government and the governed. Disregard for law and order simply leads to anarchy, that's exactly what we saw after the shooting.

In the anarchy after the shooting, what did government lose, what did the governed lose? The governed lost more than the government.

Please kindly answer these questions sincerely and with your number six
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Neddstark: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
RealEzee:
and the army no go orile oooo na Lekki them go, those guys can't be justified at all

Police stations were being burnt. Prisons were being broken and prisoners released. Looting had begun in some places. Roads were being blocked and transportation system in limbo. That protests had to end. It was time for them to sit and talk with the government on the way forward, but the inciters wanted the worst. Sad day.

1 Like

Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by clarocuzioo(m): 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2020
Neddstark:

It is not justifiable. Like I said I am not for the government. But you and I have known Nigeria for many years. It was going to result to the use of force. And to dispel protests in Nigeria, police/army do not use rubber bullets. As a survivor, no one will jejely not be around that kind of place as that time.

I ask again, are there no better ways to disperse protesters even outside rubber bullets?

Simple tear gas and hot water tanks would have done a better job.

Please stop glorifying this evil pepertuated by our evil rulers.

By the way the first question is" WHAT IS THE MILITARY DOING IN A CIVIL PROTEST OF ARMLESS CIVILIANS"

What happened to using police, civil defence or even the DSS?

Was there a war situation that warranted the deployment of the military?
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Dong2: 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
uptimum123:

You are so low and puerile. Spit!
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Dong2: 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

Who is Holding you?

Ask google.
Re: Interviews With Victims Of The Lekki Shooting By ARISE News (Video) by Dong2: 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2020
Righteousness89:

When you have nothing Reasonable to say, u keep shut! or you make your Summation without attacking anyone!

Nigeria needs the Healing Hand and Mercy of GOD..

Which Nigeria??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap / Photo: Police Woman Reportedly Collapsed Today At A Polling Unit In Abeokuta / Photos From Lucky Igbinedion's 60th Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.