Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,116 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K (39136 Views)

Sallah: Osun Govt Cancels Free Train Ride From Lagos / Lagos-Ibadan Free Train Ride: After Low Patronage Passengers Besiege Iju Station / Ogbonnaya Kanu: First Nigerian Biker To Ride From Lagos, Nigeria To Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by lexy2014: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
obailala:
Where exactly did Nigerians get this weird idea from that trains are supposed to be cheaper than road?

I think it used to be. I remember entering train from Kano to Zaria by train. It was about 3 times cheaper than bus. Maybe things have changed especially considering d investment in d new infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by picklighthouse: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/12/04/train-ride-from-lagos-to-ibadan-to-cost-between-n3k-n6k/

Personally I think it is too expensive. Shouldn't be more than 1500 for economy, 2000 for business and 3000 for first class.

The distance between Abuja and Kaduna by rail is 138km, and the rail distance of Lagos to Ibadan 157km. But I understand the Lagos/Ibadan rail has 7 station stops along the line. Which will make the journey slower. Won't it be better if I hop into a bus or car which are cheaper and faster by road?

The minister needs to explain the rational behind the fare. Because I believe it is volume of traffic that should drive revenue here not fare.

3 Likes

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by techmo(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
Criminals
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Whitelookq: 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
obailala:
Railway, cheaper than road? Please where in the world did you see that?

Google
Among the different means of transportation, Railway system is the cheapest and safest mode both for passengers and goods. It is the most affordable mode of transportation used for travelling for long as well as for short routes.

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by NUHUUSMAN(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
is N500 how much is car
uptimum123:
I know Amaechi is joking

it's 1k or make them hold their train
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by hatakekakashi: 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2020
Southerners ehn. Imagine, some people are happy that the train fare was hiked because it not in their state

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by wink2015(m): 4:39pm On Dec 04, 2020
NIGERIANS DID NOT ASK FOR TRAIN IN THE FIRST INSTANCE, even though it should be develop in Nigeria.

However, what majority of Nigerians are demanding for is regular electricity and cheap cost of food.

What do we need trains for when there is Marcopolo buses and other smaller buses.

The big men like Amaechi and Buhari imposed railway and trains on Nigerian just because of chinese contract that they want to make money from.

TRAINS WAS AN IMPOSITION ON THE POOR MASSES who easily got carried away.

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Ikpongiton: 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2020
The initial promise was that , those living in Ibadan and working in Lagos can ply the train to and from work every day. Another hope dash and Nigerians scam

2 Likes

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by 4four(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2020
akinreals:
Make una continue u hear, Ibadan bus from Berger is 500naira, train 3k to 6k, una go sell una hear
the money wey then use buy train and it's infrastructure down north na we southerners go pay for it. they are subsidising the cost in north and over charging us down south

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by karnap(m): 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
He didn't tell us how fast is it, if it's fast to beat traffic no probs,but don't tell us we have the same time on arrival,cos you will have the train park in your compound.

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Diamondplus1805(m): 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
Who are the non executive advisers to this Government?
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by talktrue1234: 4:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
Federal government sha want to make money from it's population. From the look of things, this will end up becoming a cargo train, Ibadan government should go and invest in a dry port so that goods, especially agricultural produce coming from neighboring states will be ship to Lagos easily through Ibadan and vice versa

Ibadan is looking like a city with a promised future, they should just take care of all those big onile in Ibadan, make land easy to buy without fraud

2 Likes

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by AKWATGOLD1(m): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
This government tired me.

Transport fare from Lagos - Ibadan #3,000.00 then i should board a bus less than that amount for same journey.

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Ezmans: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2020
akinreals:
Make una continue u hear, Ibadan bus from Berger is 500naira, train 3k to 6k, una go sell una hear
in sis months time bush I'll cover the train station, greedy goverment

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by pitsonbay: 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2020
It is not for the poor
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by rowosky(m): 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Stop it. Even from Mowe, ibadan is 1k. Abeg you stop spreading lies
True
When Mowe to Ketu is 300
How will berger to ibadan now be 500
He doesn't know prices have skyrocketed since covid
I used to pay 2500 from Mowe to Ilorin it is now 4500
But 3000 for Train is far too much

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Seyzcham91(m): 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2020
is 1k not better than train of 3k?

except for the fact that the charging for faster time of arrival cuz we all know train will arrive faster than the Bus

and regardless Train should be cheapest of all transportation means in a saner clime
RedPhoenix:

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by AroOkigbo(m): 4:45pm On Dec 04, 2020
phorget:
3k from Lagos to Ibadan, how much will they now charge from Lagos to Bornu?
Na dem brothers de go Bornu. ..it will definitely be cheaper
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Ziza86: 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
The fare though!

Are you an Administrator , a Teacher, an Educationist or simply a lover of information. We got you covered. Get all your educational materials.

� *E lesson note (primary & secondary)*
� *Educative videos & Learning aids for all classes. 70+*
� *Federal, Lagos state, modified, British, NAPPS, New scheme for all classes*
� *school administrator's handbook \ policies. (30+ different documents)*
� *E lesson note for kg classes*
� *E- lesson note for nursery classes*
� *EYFS blender curriculum*.
� *Montessori and British curriculum*
� *Steam curriculum and activities*
� *Unique curriculum*
� *Federal curriculum*
� *Eyfs curriculum*
� *IPC curriculum*
� *Regular seminars*
And many more for free. Contact no. 08034227588. Wats app only
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by RedPhoenix: 4:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
rowosky:

True
When Mowe to Ketu is 300
How will berger to ibadan now be 500
He doesn't know prices have skyrocketed since covid
I used to pay 2500 from Mowe to Ilorin it is now 4500

2500 can't reach illorin. Even from Iwo gan bus of 400 has skyrocketed to 800.all the police collecting 100naira every bus stop
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by talktrue1234: 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
wink2015:
NIGERIANS DID NOT ASK FOR TRAIN IN THE FIRST INSTANCE, even though it should be develop in Nigeria.

However, what majority of Nigerians are demanding for is regular electricity and cheap cost of food.

What do we need trains for when there is Marcopolo buses and other smaller buses.

The big men like Amaechi and Buhari imposed railway and trains on Nigerian just because of chinese contract that they want to make money from.

TRAINS WAS AN IMPOSITION ON THE POOR MASSES who easily got carried away.

We won't even be talking about a railway system now if China is not interested
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by yesloaded: 4:47pm On Dec 04, 2020
akinreals:

Chai

U don tey for this game o grin
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by TempleHouse: 4:48pm On Dec 04, 2020
tamdun:
This is a joke right? Elo gan ni won gbe ibadan lati mile 2
You're funny, mate grin grin grin
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Bigsteveg(m): 4:49pm On Dec 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

Ibadan is 1k from.Mowe. When last. Did you board?
My brother, I stayed in mowe for years. Am in Arepo now. Like the other guy said, did you go to the park?

Anytime I travelled to Ibadan, it's 500. Like I said earlier, it was even 4h as at March this year.

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by yesloaded: 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
RedPhoenix:

The guy is not talking about bus from normal motor park. As at yesterday, bus to Ibadan from Berger is 500naira. Just walk down a little bit to the bridge that divide Lagos and Oguns state, bus fare is 500naira on top of that bridge.

Not fallacy but fact

Mind you, this is not approved motor park
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by Okfrank25: 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
phorget:
3k from Lagos to Ibadan, how much will they now charge from Lagos to Bornu?
What about Lagos to P/H?
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by true2god: 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2020
AceRoyal:
Kaduna to Abuja is N2000

Lagos to Ibadan N3000

Nigeria is a Joke, the South is a big joke to those in power!
Lagos to Ibadan=135km (N3000-N6000). Abuja to Kaduna=200km (N2000).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by RedPhoenix: 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2020
Bigsteveg:

My brother, I stayed in mowe for years. Am in Arepo now. Like the other guy said, did you go to the park?

Anytime I travelled to Ibadan, it's 500. Like I said earlier, it was even 4h as at March this year.

Thanks for the info. I go test am. I want to get to Ogere, I will test it
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by TempleHouse: 4:51pm On Dec 04, 2020
There's nothing better than a great comfort !!!
Nothing comes cheaply.
Good relaxation with cool air conditioning system is a good value for money.
Nigeria must move with the advanced world. !

1 Like

Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by RedPhoenix: 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
yesloaded:

The guy is not talking about bus from normal motor park. As at yesterday, bus to Ibadan from Berger is 500naira. Just walk down a little bit to the bridge that divide Lagos and Oguns state, bus fare is 500naira on top of that bridge.

Not fallacy but fact

Mind you, this is not approved motor park

What bridge. What's the bus stop of this place please? What building or organisation is close to the said location?
Re: Train Ride From Lagos To Ibadan To Cost Between N3K-N6K by opapapilo(m): 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
oh oh really? 3k for real....

n na govt get am o...SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Video: Onitsha Head Bridge Closed / Taraba Corpers Involved In Motor Accident (Graphic Photos) / Anambra International Airport Avio Bridges Are Being Installed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.