Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,986 members, 7,952,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation (30967 Views)

How Adeduntan Resigned As First Bank CEO On Cbn’s Order / Nigerians Vent Their Anger On CBN, Bankers / Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by mu2sa2: 11:43am On Dec 06, 2020
DWJOBScom:
I don't understand what was said..
Can someone put it in simple English please
Go and learn "simple English" and come back to read it again. Okay!
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by Azeez532(m): 11:45am On Dec 06, 2020
Paxxcarl:
backing mediocrity cheesy

How about you propose your own solution since you feel this new measure by the CBN would be ineffective

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2020
Azeez532:

How about you propose your own solution since you feel this new measure by the CBN would be ineffective
how about you stay off my mention
you can air ur stupid views without trespassing ewu gambia angry
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by Skepticus: 11:59am On Dec 06, 2020
purissimo1998:
still waiting for 1$=1naira o...
sometimes I feel like these politicians don't really know what they're going into before running for political offices... hence the unrealistic manifestos to the masses

They know what they are going into but sell these illusions knowing that Nigerians are fools.
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
maclatunji:
Bad news mongers won't like this.
Shut up

1 Like

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by Bmaster(m): 12:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
BIGGESThead6:
Emefele has always been the major problem of our economy. The Man is incompetent, clueless and lack ideas to tackle the economy. All his policies always affect the economy negatively. Buhari should've sacked him long ago.
As if buhari would do better
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by PHijo(m): 12:10pm On Dec 06, 2020
Nigeria is a country misplaced priorities are rife! Labour primary duty should be the working conditions and pay package of her members. The Naira, petrol price, privatisation or electricity subsidy is none of their business.
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by GerraMeh74(m): 12:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
GavelSlam:

You know more about the economy than the people in CBN.

grin
Have the CBN Governor and the Buhari administration ran the economy in the past Five years like people who know anything about running an economy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by Azeez532(m): 12:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
Paxxcarl:
how about you stay off my mention
you can air ur stupid views without trespassing ewu gambia angry

Lmao, I can see you are easily irritated when your opinion is challenged, ciao
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by GavelSlam: 12:32pm On Dec 06, 2020
GerraMeh74:
Have the CBN Governor and the Buhari administration ran the economy in the past Five years like people who know anything about running an economy?

Of course they have.

If it were left in your hands Nigeria would have been worse than Zimbabwe.
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 06, 2020
Azeez532:

Lmao, I can see you are easily irritated when your opinion is challenged, ciao
thank you for understanding cheesy
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by Healthquest: 12:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
When you have more inflows into the country at dollar value it will help bring down the BDC rates,
it will also help solidify or unify the rates in the market so we don’t have multiple currency rates.

This new directive means when Nigerians living in diaspora transfer money to loved ones in the country, they can in turn withdraw the money in dollar cash and sell wherever they want to.

Now, Nigerians who recieve foreign transfers such as Western Union or Moneygram can withdraw it in dollars and then sell at the black market rate or wherever they want to.
where will the nigerian bank see dollar to pay dem? This policy will only make dos guys rich, it will not change anything
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by GerraMeh74(m): 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2020
GavelSlam:

Of course they have.

If it were left in your hands Nigeria would have been worse than Zimbabwe.
It's obvious you are a Buharist, and so we have nothing more to talk about. Enjoy your robust and glorious flourishing economy.
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by GavelSlam: 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2020
GerraMeh74:
It's obvious you are a Buharist, and so we have nothing more to talk about. Enjoy your robust and glorious flourishing economy.

It is obvious you are a hater.

The economy depends on everybody.
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by alomeda600(m): 12:56pm On Dec 06, 2020
Oshiomole was the last labour leader we had in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by GerraMeh74(m): 1:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
GavelSlam:

It is obvious you are a hater.

The economy depends on everybody.
I am not a supporter, which I guess according to your standard makes me a hater. You cannot have a weak leader with a strong economy. Buhari is weak in security, economic policy, health care, infastructure and he is strong in Corruption, traveling overseas, not addressing sensitive issues accordingly, never done a live press briefing. There is no how such a man can build a strong economy
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by GavelSlam: 1:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
GerraMeh74:
I am not a supporter, which I guess according to your standard makes me a hater. You cannot have a weak leader with a strong economy. Buhari is weak in security, economic policy, health care, infastructure and he is strong in Corruption, traveling overseas, not addressing sensitive issues accordingly, never done a live press briefing. There is no how such a man can build a strong economy

What does a live press briefing do for you personally?

Let me guess, you would only use it as an opportunity to mock his accent or twist out of context what the thrust of his speech was.
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by Jeffyblaq(m): 1:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
brosom:
I need help on this plz.

I was sent money through worldremit, after the secret code and all, i was told that the money need to go through an account before I can cash it. meanwhile I have an account with the bank which I gave them but they said I should upgrade my account that the money was more than 150k, which I did, after the whole process in upgrading account and get to the lady who was supposed to transfer the money to my account that there was an error in processing the transaction, meanwhile the sender had already notified me that he has gotten a message that I've taken the money... now I was told that the Money would be reversed to the sender, that it did so because it was in naira, that CBN is working on something so that all money sent from abroad will be collected in dollar. it happened on Thursday last week, till now the sender have not gotten any reversal.. I'm going to go mad with them tomorrow Monday.. anyone when with similar experience? and how did u resolved it?

thanks.
Similar incident happened to me still unresolved..

Sent some money back home thru money gram.. D receiver is yet to get d money.. Almost a month now..
Every time I call, they would tell me dat it is still being looked into...
On top of one's sweat n hard earned money..

The reason I understand why good folks turn bad n to be a physcho when shit hits the fan

1 Like

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by K4daniel: 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2020
I still believe some cabals are behind this dollar soaring higher...so if everybody begin to collect in dollar later dollar will be scares again..you will start paying them in naira...and dollar will go up again..we just need divine intervention..we have enter one chance already it will take Gods intervention to come out.

BTW.. whats happening to our vice president this govt is not fair, they short him up..and no wonder the country is moving zigzag.
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by EmekaBlue(m): 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
Zimbabwe dollar loading

Failed govt
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by brosom(m): 1:20pm On Dec 06, 2020
Jeffyblaq:

Similar incident happened to me still unresolved..

Sent some money back home thru money gram.. D receiver is yet to get d money.. Almost a month now..
Every time I call, they would tell me dat it is still being looked into...
On top of one's sweat n hard earned money..

The reason I understand why good folks turn bad n to be a physcho when shit hits the fan

my brother 9ja is full of frustration, they can never ever get sometimes right for once.

1 Like

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
purissimo1998:
still waiting for 1$=1naira o...
sometimes I feel like these politicians don't really know what they're going into before running for political offices... hence the unrealistic manifestos to the masses
They know exactly what they are going into. They also know they are not going there for you but themselves and their selfish interest but they still have to just tell you what you want to hear during manifestos.

1 Like

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by InvertedHammer: 1:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
/
grin grin

So N490 to N470 temporary reversal is good news?

Did they consider the overall N380 to N470 slide?

Pennywise, pound foolish.

/
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by GerraMeh74(m): 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2020
GavelSlam:

What does a live press briefing do for you personally?

Let me guess, you would only use it as an opportunity to mock his accent or twist out of context what the thrust of his speech was.
All his speeches are already out of context even before he starts... It must be so difficult and painful been his supporter! How can you defend a man that has never fielded questions from Journalists before? We have seen on a few occasions where he was asked questions while abroad as his answers are akwardly different from the questions because he had nothing jotted down for him to read.... A mentally weak president cannot build a strong economy
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by DWJOBScom(m): 1:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
mu2sa2:
Go and learn "simple English" and come back to read it again. Okay!

Be calming down na
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by BIGGESThead6: 1:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
Bmaster:
As if buhari would do better

No President knows it all. But the constitution gives him powers to employ professionals into sensitive positions such as CBN. The CBN Governor was supposed to advice and direct the Federal Government as regards the Economy. But, Emefele seems to be a round peg in a square hole. He is even confused, he left the economy on auto-pilot.

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by chaloskyx: 1:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
UR YOU HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED NOBODY RESPECTS YOU AGAIN. THE CBN AND ALL OTHER GOVT BODIES NOW TAKE ACTION WITHOUT LABOUR INVOLVEMENT NOW THEY DONT NEED YOUR BACKING
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by GavelSlam: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
GerraMeh74:
All his speeches are already out of context even before he starts... It must be so difficult and painful been his supporter! How can you defend a man that has never fielded questions from Journalists before? We have seen on a few occasions where he was asked questions while abroad as his answers are akwardly different from the questions because he had nothing jotted down for him to read.... A mentally weak president cannot build a strong economy

Exactly what I meant.

There's no reason for him to address you.
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by GavelSlam: 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
K4daniel:
I still believe some cabals are behind this dollar soaring higher...so if everybody begin to collect in dollar later dollar will be scares again..you will start paying them in naira...and dollar will go up again..we just need divine intervention..we have enter one chance already it will take Gods intervention to come out.

BTW.. whats happening to our vice president this govt is not fair, they short him up..and no wonder the country is moving zigzag.

It is not a matter of cabals.

A country that produces nothing yet still goes on to import everything it uses can never have strong currency.

1 Like

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by hayoholla(m): 2:40pm On Dec 06, 2020
Many of us dont even kniw the pros and cons of this devaluation; maybe it might do our economy some good in the long run, or maybe its even economy wise to take this step. But because, this government has dissapointed us and scored low in so many aspects, we shout as usual hurling curses añd abuse about how inept and insenstive about how they run this government. Truth be told, we really need to broaden our education and expand our knowledge base, if our generation are really serious and worthy to wrestle power outta this weak hands. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by cpu2006(m): 2:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
But wait, Buhari promised us that 1 naira will be equivalent to 1 dollar
Re: Labour backs Emefiele on CBN’s Naira valuation by laiperi: 3:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
I wonder sometimes if it makes a difference which policy Centra Bank pursued. They have tried both ways and failed resulting in naira devaluation.

How can a country turn foreign currency into legal tender?

Is it done in China, USA or British? When schools, hotels and some businesses were demanding euro and dollars for transactions in Nigeria, we cried! It is coming back.

Until we curb foreign demand in tastes and transactions, naira will continue to suffer.

The proponents of "liberal trade" and borders got us here. Those nostalgia about one naira to dollar or pound to pound have forgotten what policies were in place then.

Just mention one country in the world where there is no restrictions on foreign trade or demand.

When it was Nigerian pound for British pound, you were only allowed 100 pounds to travel out.

These same rulers engaging in "liberal and open borders" jailed Dr. Shodipo and FELA for what they indulge in today.

What has "liberal market" brought us? Importation of used and discarded goods, food and environmental junks as long as it is foreign.

Keep on dancing on your skulls.

Anu Mpam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger Republic Bans Export Of Rice To Nigeria / Bill Gates Dab In New Photo / Bank Verification Number Chaos In Eket(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.