Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,048 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? (29617 Views)

UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by tellsblinks(m): 6:49am On Dec 10, 2020
obamartins:
graduated 2014 computer science 2.1

2015 - early 2016 - Hustled with my boss who had nothing until he got a 300 million naira contract, he frustrated me out of his team (I just kuku resign).

early 2016 - Worked in a hospital as their ICT officer in charge of the hospital's network (agreed salary = N60,000 per month). However, salary was paid once in three months. (I resigned after six months).

2016 - Jeff Bezos employed me part time while i worked in a business center full time (business center Salary - N24,000 per month).

2017 - Resigned my business centre "Job" and started working full time for Jeff (Salary - mouth watering).

2017 - date: Still working for Jeff with no regrets whatsoever.

So i will say 3years after graduation.

Make i go work b4 Jeff vex
Boss add me close na abeg. Do you have a WhatsApp group, please add me to it. I need to gain more insights from you. 08169400.427
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by aragon4realz(m): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2020
ipobarethieves:
tell diz to anybody in Ur household from 48 upward,be it Ur father as well that they are useless.U are dumb upstairs.Can u clean toilets,wash dead bodies,or scoop the old pipu feaces/waste here? But U'll kindly do it outside..Kid

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by JIMMY1393: 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
daddymummy:

The guy didn't write his story on your page.he didn't write it on your paper or on any of ur item but u are angry.
Are u the mod to determine who is writing too much or not,or who is writing out of context or not?
Even if his writing is too much,how does it concern u?
Did his story affect u negatively in any way?
Does his writing take money from your pocket?
Does the writing harm you in any way?
Then why use abusive language on him?
Anyway I don't blame you. I blame the guy.
It is people like him that make people like you to feel that u can insult and assault any one even without being provoked.
If he is someone that returns insult for insult,u won't feel it is your right to be abusive over what does not concern you, over what does not affect you negatively in any way, over a writing that is not written on your item, over a writing that u are not even a moderator.

See this mumu oh....you came here to ask me how it concerns me? How on fvcking Earth does it also concern you if I complain? Did I mention you? Are you in anyway or any how involved? The answer is NO so before you come and attack someone look inside the mirror...see pot calling kettle black oh...smh
Next time take your own advice...he has mouth go defend himself, you oniranu with 2 heads it's you that must not mind your business and come and attack another person for not minding their business lmao...oh that hypocrisy
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by daddymummy(m): 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2020
JIMMY1393:

See this mumu oh....you came here to ask me how it concerns me? How on fvcking Earth does it also concern you if I complain? Did I mention you? Are you in anyway or any how involved? The answer is NO so before you come and attack someone look inside the mirror...see pot calling kettle black oh...smh
Next time take your own advice...he has mouth go defend himself, you oniranu with 2 heads it's you that must not mind your business and come and attack another person for not minding their business lmao...oh that hypocrisy

Abeg go and eat shit.
You smell like an idiot that you are.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by frankobobby(m): 10:24am On Dec 12, 2020
Too many motivational speakers here are making me day dream. Jah bless our hustle
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by GboyegaD(m): 6:18am On Dec 13, 2020
richmondefosa:
Finished from the University of Benin 2016
Served in Ikenga Hotels 2017 in Nsukka, Enugu State.
I was retained after service.
Got a better offer in Lagos in a fine-dining restaurant on the island as a waiter. Pay was over a 100k grin
Worked there less than a year and was made Assistant Manager. Didn't work in the new position for up to 3 months when i moved to the financial industry with a better pay, working environment and awesome prospects.
I am currently a banker with one of the finest multinational banks with several branches spread across Africa. Working in Operations backend.
I am learning programming (self tutoring).
I sew clothes during my free time. (A skill i learnt during my NYSC days).

For the records, I graduated with a 2.2.
Since i graduated, i have never been out of a job.
You are only limited by your mind.

Bo ba ri 'se ma pe padi e lo 'le which implies those who haven't made it shouldn't be looked down upon.
Good your story has been pleasant so far however, be happy for yourself and pray in your closet for others.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by teespicy: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2020
SmartPolician:
I got the position of a filling station manager the same month I passed out. It was an NNPC affiliate

I quit after one year because I was too decent to be involved in lots of "dirty things" that I was compelled to do.

Today, I am my own boss
I was to take this offer too,but i rejected because of its crooked ways actually...
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by teespicy: 11:36am On Dec 13, 2020
ceejayluv:
Exactly a year after nysc... Graduate trainee position. Got confirmed over two years later.
Which company ?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by teespicy: 11:45am On Dec 13, 2020
mountex:
Graduated in 2012, still praying to God for a job. Just hustling my way trying to do something for myself in different areas so I won't be idle. I know my helper is here this is my email bimbokayode26@gmail.com abeg help a sister. Thanks.

2012?? Wow.. God will make a way for us all ijn.. Course of study? Incase i have any job offer in that field,so i can direct to you..
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by richmondefosa(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2020
GboyegaD:

Bo ba ri 'se ma pe padi e lo 'le which implies those who haven't made it shouldn't be looked down upon.
Good your story has been pleasant so far however, be happy for yourself and pray in your closet for others.

"Those whose palm-kernels were cracked for them by a benevolent spirit should not forget to be humble"
I was fortunate and i acknowledge that fact that not everybody will be. However, i think you missed that part where i skilled up in the case of any eventuality. I sir, do NOT look down on anyone.

Regards

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by BareFacedLies(m): 8:55pm On Jan 11, 2021
Onyi22:

What about marriage, am interested

I know you will be interested. Meanwhile I will still fùck you like I promised grin
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by vhuqnl(m): 12:01am On Apr 15, 2021
Nursetemmy:
Please I need a job...I'm a graduate of business education with upper credit 4.2...I have experience as a teacher and receptionist..
God bless you please, my siblings depend on me..
are u a nurse or Business educator?
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by uthlaw: 3:01am On Apr 18, 2021
Starz825:
who dey look for job again....
check my signature and earn every month...
or better still there is also a room for training....chat me up and your life will never remain the same
baba,hw e be now...make I follow you rub mind!
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by uthlaw: 3:11am On Apr 18, 2021
Nomorelove:
Us wey dey work from home nko
which work b dat.... show me d way!
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by peculiar2021(m): 7:15am On Jul 04, 2023
obamartins:
graduated 2014 computer science 2.1

2015 - early 2016 - Hustled with my boss who had nothing until he got a 300 million naira contract, he frustrated me out of his team (I just kuku resign).

early 2016 - Worked in a hospital as their ICT officer in charge of the hospital's network (agreed salary = N60,000 per month). However, salary was paid once in three months. (I resigned after six months).

2016 - Jeff Bezos employed me part time while i worked in a business center full time (business center Salary - N24,000 per month).

2017 - Resigned my business centre "Job" and started working full time for Jeff (Salary - mouth watering).

2017 - date: Still working for Jeff with no regrets whatsoever.

So i will say 3years after graduation.

Make i go work b4 Jeff vex

Na Neural Network be this naaa
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by KINGOArt(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2023
I am not yet a graduate, but I have known so many graduates who for Many years of completing school has never gotten a job and has transitioned into the business world.
Last time I checked Nigeria unemployment rate is more than 46 %.

And that is why as a graduate learning a high income skills that is relevant in this generation is one of the best option you have that can give you a great financial source of income.

There are lot of skills and business opportunity online

Web designing.

Graphics designing.

Web development.

Freelancing.

Affiliate marketing and so on.

Even if you don't have a product, you can start building a profitable business online through Affiliate marketing where you recommend experts information products to people who need it and get paid a commission for each sale you make.

Not only that but through this business model you will learn high income digital skills like lead generation, sales closing, web designing, landing page creation, paid advertisment and so on which will help you build your own business online or render this skills as service to people who need it and get paid for it.

If you will like to know more about this message me on WhatsApp.

My number is on the signature below 👇🏿

Ohthinktwice:
Considering how difficult it was to get admission into the University, one would think that once that happened, someone's problems would be over, however that often turns out to be the beginning of an entirely different problem which wouldn't be solved until one had successfully graduated from the University.

Then after the celebration of graduation was over, the reality soon sets in about how all that effort, time and resources, etc being invested into getting a University degree was basically to make one able to get a good job.

A few graduates are lucky enough to get a job immediately afterwards, but most have to wait. And the time of waiting differs from individual to individual. Some have to wait for months, some up to a year, others have wait to for up five years and even more.

So what category do you fall into? He long did you have to wait before you got a job after graduation?

Share your experiences here so others could learn a thing or two to help them prepare for life after graduation.

Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Women Bosses And Their Women Problem / Nigerian Army 77rri Recruit Intake Exercise Ongoing At Army Barracks Onitsha / What business can 300k do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.