Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? (29616 Views)

UK Nigerian Man Reportedly Lost His Job After His Female Compatriot Report Him / Woman Loses Her Corporate Job After Revealing How Many People She's Slept With / Man Loses Job After Telling Boss Over Phone His Mum Is An Illiterate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by SoftP(m): 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
Slimdan360:

Q for Queen
grin
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by thanksjosh005: 6:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr....
I waited for God knows how long

But now a real niggarr is no longer waiting

Computer science from university of Benin

Now am no longer waiting....use that computer knowledge to huzzle on my own...
The world can go fuckkk itself....
Just open my laptop and huzzle till dawn

I'd think you an electrical and electronics student
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Loxleyy(m): 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2020
obamartins:
graduated 2014 computer science 2.1

2015 - early 2016 - Hustled with my boss who had nothing until he got a 300 million naira contract, he frustrated me out of his team (I just kuku resign).

early 2016 - Worked in a hospital as their ICT officer in charge of the hospital's network (agreed salary = N60,000 per month). However, salary was paid once in three months. (I resigned after six months).

2016 - Jeff Bezos employed me part time while i worked in a business center full time (business center Salary - N24,000 per month).

2017 - Resigned my business centre "Job" and started working full time for Jeff (Salary - mouth watering).

2017 - date: Still working for Jeff with no regrets whatsoever.

So i will say 3years after graduation.

Make i go work b4 Jeff vex

Boss which model be that system
Tnx
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by obamartins(m): 6:40pm On Dec 08, 2020
Loxleyy:

Boss which model be that system
Tnx

You mean the PC? Its HP Pavilion X360 Convertible.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by babtoundey(m): 6:47pm On Dec 08, 2020
Four years counting (2years after service) still haven't got a good job. I stopped applying for openings early this year.

My hope still lives

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Kenneygirl(f): 6:53pm On Dec 08, 2020
SavageBoy:

It was a typo error,I meant seek...yeye girlundecided
Eyin lemo; grin
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by prosper87: 6:56pm On Dec 08, 2020
GCFR95:
I graduated from the University of Nigeria, Nsukka in 2017. I landed my first job in 2019 after my one year vocational Law School training in Lagos.

I worked briefly at the Port Harcourt office of one of the largest law firms in Nigeria. It wasn't quite a pleasant experience with the Managing Associate. So after NYSC year, I decided to leave the firm.

I relocated to Lagos in 2020 and landed a job in March, exactly 3 weeks before Covid-19 lockdown. I currently work for a Senior Advocate of Nigeria who is super successful.

I'm doing great, all thanks to God. They say lawyers don't earn well. Well, I'm proud to say that I'm a major exception to the rule.
In the next 6 years, I will need people like you to help me. Congrats.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Angel1696: 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2020
I graduated six years ago till now no job

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr....
I waited for God knows how long

But now a real niggarr is no longer waiting

Computer science from university of Benin

Now am no longer waiting....use that computer knowledge to huzzle on my own...
The world can go fuckkk itself....
Just open my laptop and huzzle till dawn

I feel you. grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Celebrity93(f): 7:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
I got a job few months to my graduation.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by JIMMY1393: 7:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
Kenneygirl:
Welcome sir
Happy birthday

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by JIMMY1393: 7:45pm On Dec 08, 2020
obamartins:
graduated 2014 computer science 2.1

2015 - early 2016 - Hustled with my boss who had nothing until he got a 300 million naira contract, he frustrated me out of his team (I just kuku resign).

early 2016 - Worked in a hospital as their ICT officer in charge of the hospital's network (agreed salary = N60,000 per month). However, salary was paid once in three months. (I resigned after six months).

2016 - Jeff Bezos employed me part time while i worked in a business center full time (business center Salary - N24,000 per month).

2017 - Resigned my business centre "Job" and started working full time for Jeff (Salary - mouth watering).

2017 - date: Still working for Jeff with no regrets whatsoever.

So i will say 3years after graduation.

Make i go work b4 Jeff vex

Mouth watering salary yet see the chinco laptop and camera quality you have ...who's the next liar please

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by DukeJoe17: 7:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
free2ryhme:

Stop this nonsense. Must you post it on every page

Jealousy go kee you.
Pained soul.
Sounding so unfortunate.

Mtcheeww ���
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by sogud(m): 7:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ohthinktwice:
Considering how difficult it was to get admission into the University, one would think that once that happened, someone's problems would be over, however that often turns out to be the beginning of an entirely different problem which wouldn't be solved until one had successfully graduated from the University.

Then after the celebration of graduation was over, the reality soon sets in about how all that effort, time and resources, etc being invested into getting a University degree was basically to make one able to get a good job.

A few graduates are lucky enough to get a job immediately afterwards, but most have to wait. And the time of waiting differs from individual to individual. Some have to wait for months, some up to a year, others have wait to for up five years and even more.

So what category do you fall into? He long did you have to wait before you got a job after graduation?

Share your experiences here so others could learn a thing or two to help them prepare for life after graduation.

Cheers.

Am still hustling n looking for job after nysc.....I studied public Administration....I base in Abuja, any wer my helper is, God should pls locate him or her for me or i come in contact with him or her.
anybody dat cn help me to secure a job shld pls help...I cn work in any Administrative department....my number 08063588264.....to get a job in naija not easy.....all my shoes don chop finish, to buy anoda one na issue..may God help me

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by DukeJoe17: 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2020
saasala:

There was actually no need telling us about the ladies who called you from Nairaland as it has nothing to do with the topic. How long did you wait to get a job after graduation? Simple.

You forbid learning from others experience right?
Maybe you like learning the hardest way.

These girls never knew tommorow and I wish they will see this same man now.
Hahahaha
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Lilymatty(f): 7:54pm On Dec 08, 2020
Currently serving but i have this strong faith that i won't need to wait for white collar job, if it doesn't come before pop then biz straight up cos i have acquired some skills too during lockdown
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by JIMMY1393: 7:56pm On Dec 08, 2020
koyyes:

Keep it short and precise next time.

Don't mind him, some people don't have sense
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by osazsky(m): 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2020
1hr 45 min ...I just opened a shop..now it's a multinational company before federal job came..so we dey run d two..the later na mostly virtual if u know u know

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Blackaxe16(m): 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
I am done with my Nysc, yet no Job for now....I pray to find someone that can connect me..... Man don pray tire nothing for now ..... Guys help me out 08135019485

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by stasius: 8:18pm On Dec 08, 2020
1month

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2020
ezechi24:

baba if there's any slot I beg help me out...a chemical engineer

Na hospital grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Orpe7(m): 8:20pm On Dec 08, 2020
5 yrs
Of which during that time, I had worked as a school bus driver, as a banker's driver, as a church bus driver
However today, God has blessed me beyond my wildest imagination
I now have a 5 figure monthly salary job, married with a child, and a bank account of over 5mil naira
God is faithful to whom who believes
Don't loose hope
Today may the cloudy, but the sun will shine

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
Orpe7:
5 yrs
Of which during that time, I had worked as a school bus driver, as a banker's driver, as a church bus driver
However today, God has blessed me beyond my wildest imagination
I now have a 5 figure monthly salary job, married with a child, and a bank account of over 5mil naira
God is faithful to whom who believes
Don't loose hope
Today may the cloudy, but the sun will shine

Your salary isn’t 5 figure then, it is atleast 6 figures. Kudos that is the way. God bless your family.

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Tommmmybigd(m): 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
aswear eh, you get figure 8 and all the curves
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
Let me graduate first

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by oderinde151(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
Kentdammy:
Still on the hustle, a 2 1 from OAU chemistry, a truckload of professional courses has done little or nothing to help the hustle...All I hear these days is I get prospect but no experience. Which way Naija? Abeg make una link me up oo my employer fit dey your contact list.
Bro, I'd like to ask a few questions. I checked your resume and it makes alot of sense. I'm a chemistry student too and I'm in my final year. How you take do all those courses online abeg?

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by aragon4realz(m): 9:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
ipobarethieves:
sad Wen u travel abroad,u engage/do any job to survive but here, U'll be forming graduate with one Useless pali and waste/rust away while ur mate are working.Some even come here to beg for dix and dat as if d pipu dey are begging from aren't facing same situation/in same Nig.,Some pipu dey wash car for living while u are begging
you dey useless oh...how dollars and naira take be mate. you do handy job that gives you at list $1500 a month calculate am forr naira it's 750000 naira amonth wish restaurant or hotel work will give you that in a month in Nigeria. use your brain
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by sirZoulahy(m): 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
This is my 3rd year after nysc and almost 5 years after graduation . But I pray it should end with this year ooo. because I applied for civil defence recruitment with follow up. So please help me pray my joblessness end this year because ladies are rejecting me for marriage due to my job status and I'm growing older at mid 30 though I have side hustling thats helping but yet they don't want to comply

1 Like

Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by ipobarethieves: 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
aragon4realz:

you dey useless oh...how dollars and naira take be mate. you do handy job that gives you at list $1500 a month calculate am forr naira it's 750000 naira amonth wish restaurant or hotel work will give you that in a month in Nigeria. use your brain
tell diz to anybody in Ur household from 48 upward,be it Ur father as well that they are useless.U are dumb upstairs.Can u clean toilets,wash dead bodies,or scoop the old pipu feaces/waste here? But U'll kindly do it outside..Kid
Re: How Long Did It Take You To Get A Job After You Graduated From The University? by 4christ4life: 9:47pm On Dec 08, 2020
12 years. Still searching

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Women Bosses And Their Women Problem / Nigerian Army 77rri Recruit Intake Exercise Ongoing At Army Barracks Onitsha / What business can 300k do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.