Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 PM

few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) (34370 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Aba, Enyimba City / Aerial View Of Aba (enyimba City) / Aba; The Sleeping Giant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2020
Still in the streets of Ama hausa

2 Likes

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 6:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ama hausa

1 Like

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 7:26pm On Dec 17, 2020
IGBOSON1:

Port Harcourt road is to Aba, what Aba road is to Port Harcourt! It’s a federal road isn’t it?

Since that is the major thoroughfare in Aba, i would have expected any serious Governor -esp’ one from Ngwa- to pull out all the stops to make that road the most beautiful in the entire south-east and south-south! The wicked federal gov’ts since 1999 have stubbornly refused to fix that road and treat it like they would any other major road in say Abuja or Kaduna! Had i been the Governor, i’d bring in JB for the job even if it means breaking the bank to get a good job done!
Asin eh
Abia people really needs reorientation
About the dangers of being political apartheid

2 Likes

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 7:09am On Dec 18, 2020
Moving on

2 Likes

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 7:09am On Dec 18, 2020
Riding

1 Like

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by glacswhite: 9:15am On Dec 18, 2020
Okpulo umuobo in Aba is the Riches n finest ..but u can hardly see anyone bring pictures from that zone
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by IGBOSON1: 10:36am On Dec 18, 2020
All those last set of pics, if they’re all Ama-Hausa, then i’d say the northerners have it good in Aba! I’ve seen pics of Sabon-gari in Kano, and it’s not half as nice as this.....most of the roads were untarred, with filth, mud and litter all over the place! See how hospitable Ndigbo can be?

What Aba neighbourhoods need is some attention paid to aesthetics! The job just doesn’t end in constructing roads!

5 Likes

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 10:53am On Dec 18, 2020
glacswhite:
Okpulo umuobo in Aba is the Riches n finest ..but u can hardly see anyone bring pictures from that zone

Yes oh
That's very true
Okpulo umuobo is very fine
With a lots of housing estate in it
I don't know why I haven't seen an Ariel view or drone shot from that Axis.

It's also regarded as umuagasi (thou not all part of okpulo umuobo is umungasi) but the umuchichi part is umungasi
Pictures below

2 Shares

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 11:02am On Dec 18, 2020
IGBOSON1:
All those last set of pics, if they’re all Ama-Hausa, then i’d say the northerners have it good in Aba! I’ve seen pics of Sabon-gari in Kano, and it’s not half as nice as this.....most of the roads were untarred, with filth, mud and litter all over the place! See how hospitable Ndigbo can be?

What Aba neighbourhoods need is some attention paid to aesthetics! The job just doesn’t end in constructing roads!

Yes bro the Arrewa communites in Aba are peaceful and are living in a cool environment.
They have about 2 market exclusively built for them alongside various mosque
If you visit Ahia Good morning (the number of Arrewa people there eh! Will make you think,you are in the North).
In uratta community the have a very big Arrewa onions market (when I mean big, I mean very big),
Even in other part of Abia outside Aba
Like the lokpanta cattle market, which is the largest cattle market in southern Nigeria,
Funny enough is that, many people don't even know that they are always part of the Abia state government as every adminstration has been given them political appointment right from when Abia was created. (You can equally make your research)
Funny enough most of all this tribal beef are mostly done on the internet not in real life

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2020
So I decided to ignore Google map
And use any short court (Apiam way) from ochendo main park (former York ABA)
To the Almighty Ahia ohuru

Biko if you know any of these locations below
Identify

1 Like

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 1:41pm On Dec 18, 2020
Heading to the Almighty Ahia ohuru main market
Using shortcut to Avoid
Aba annoying traffic

2 Likes

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2020
OruExpress:
This weird culture of pretending Abia/Aba is particularly bad is really something else

If it was a bad recycled pictures
I Know by now it would have been in front page

Help us an invite the mods
So the can do the needful
Show case the good side of Aba to the world
As the city has been undergone bad
demarketing

Cc: mynd44 OAM4J and there brother laslastical to carry us enter promise Land

Recently I visited the upcoming Enyimba mall
And watched the investor interview online
Where he Said he has been hearing bad new about ABA (cos he was a Nigerian in diaspora) and therefore he suspended his upcoming investment since then, not until he came back to Nigeria and visited ABA, he was schocked (he was expecting slums, unplanned settlement and bad City roads but he was disappointed ) seeing this he hurriedly resumed his suspended investment, and he is speedily moving fast in construction (even when some part of the building where destroyed and looted during End SARS sagas).
So very soon checkbest l.t.d will soon finish there upcoming mall.

2 Likes

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2020
OruExpress:
This weird culture of pretending Abia/Aba is particularly bad is really something else

The Demarketing of Abia started in 2014
When a political party (APGA) felt that PDP has had enough in ABIA, and has not really done upto the expectations of the masses, (which was actually true)
So the went ahead using all medium of propaganda to kick the PDP out, including taking shots from different angles of port Harcourt road, Ngwa roads and other federal and state roads not in good shape and littering the whole internet space with it, up till now the pictures are being recycled by various people with imported pictures of bad roads from other Nigeria cities added to it, and the cycle keeps going.
And as we already know the average Abians are not really interested in social media, poltics and so, all the do it's business and nothing but business...
But through be told
The state is not really bad
As the internet paints it
A visit will equally convince anyone

1 Like

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Ogbuefi2020: 2:54pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nigercity:

Yes bro the Arrewa communites in Aba are peaceful and are living in a cool environment.
They have about 2 market exclusively built for them alongside various mosque
If you visit Ahia Good morning (the number of Arrewa people there eh! Will make you think,you are in the North).
In uratta community the have a very big Arrewa onions market (when I mean big, I mean very big),
Even in other part of Abia outside Aba
Like the lokpanta cattle market, which is the largest cattle market in southern Nigeria,
Funny enough is that, many people don't even know that they are always part of the Abia state government as every adminstration has been given them political appointment right from when Abia was created. (You can equally make your research)
Funny enough most of all this tribal beef are mostly done on the internet not in real life
Its only the unambitious afonjas that say Igbos are hostile to other tribes as an excuse for their lack of adventure

2 Likes

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2020
Ogbuefi2020:

Its only the unambitious afonjas that say Igbos are hostile to other tribes as an excuse for their lack of adventure

Lolz..

SMH
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by asha80(m): 5:36pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nigercity:

If it was a bad recycled pictures
I Know by now it would have been in front page

Help us an invite the mods
So the can do the needful
Show case the good side of Aba to the world
As the city has been undergone bad
demarketing

Cc: mynd44 OAM4J and there brother laslastical to carry us enter promise Land

Recently I visited the upcoming Enyimba mall
And watched the investor interview online
Where he Said he has been hearing bad new about ABA (cos he was a Nigerian in diaspora) and therefore he suspended his upcoming investment since then, not until he came back to Nigeria and visited ABA, he was schocked (he was expecting slums, unplanned settlement and bad City roads but he was disappointed ) seeing this he hurriedly resumed his suspended investment, and he is speedily moving fast in construction (even when some part of the building where destroyed and looted during End SARS sagas).
So very soon checkbest l.t.d will soon finish there upcoming mall.
where did you see the video?
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2020
asha80:
where did you see the video?

Odinary a Google search
Will answer your questions
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by asha80(m): 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nigercity:

Odinary a Google search
Will answer your questions
confused it with aba mega mall

Also the end sars riots damaged some infrastructure there
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 7:46pm On Dec 18, 2020
asha80:
confused it with aba mega mall

Also the end sars riots damaged some infrastructure there

Kk
I now understand you
You confused enyimba mall with Aba mega mall,
The two are separate shaa
One is in ndegoro Maintown Aba
Why Aba mega mall is in the town of osisioma

The one, I meant earlier is enyimba mall
Construction is seriously ongoing there
Goggle about it, you will see the videos, update
Locations, endsars damages e.t.c

(I also read Comments, and found out that, they guy is also rushing the mall, cos market square Mall, Uhuru mall all in Aba are receiving heavy patronage and he abandoned his project b4 those guys started theres)
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by OruExpress: 7:46pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nigercity:

When a political party (APGA) felt that PDP has had enough in ABIA, and has not really done upto the expectations of the masses, (which was actually true)
So the went ahead using all medium of propaganda to kick the PDP out, including taking shots from different angles of port Harcourt road, Ngwa roads and other federal and state roads not in good shape and littering the whole internet space with it, up till now the pictures are being recycled by various people with imported pictures of bad roads from other Nigeria cities added to it, and the cycle keeps going.
And as we already know the average Abians are not really interested in social media, poltics and so, all the do it's business and nothing but business...
But through be told

Interesting, I didn't know it had a history but that makes a lot of sense.
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 7:53pm On Dec 18, 2020
Looking for Ahia ohuru
Through any available short cut in the Eastern part of Aba

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 8:10pm On Dec 18, 2020
Pictures of Aba fashion week
At luxury city hotel umungasi ABA
One of the biggest fashion fiesta in Africa

1 Like

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2020
One of the biggest fashion festival in West Africa

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2020
Aba fashion week
One of the biggest fashion festival in West Africa

Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by glacswhite: 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2020
Nigercity:

Yes oh
That's very true
Okpulo umuobo is very fine
With a lots of housing estate in it
I don't know why I haven't seen an Ariel view or drone shot from that Axis.

yes.. one can hardly know such place exist in Aba ..its Topography is Amazing n it have a river that connected to Aba River.. wanna see Best n rich houses ..then enter Okpulo
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by superlightning: 1:00am On Dec 19, 2020
Nigercity:

But through be told
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 8:19am On Dec 19, 2020
glacswhite:

yes.. one can hardly know such place exist in Aba ..its Topography is Amazing n it have a river that connected to Aba River.. wanna see Best n rich houses ..then enter Okpulo

Yes oh
Don't know why they Drone shots from those places aren't littered on Cyber space
Like that of v.i an banana island
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by asha80(m): 10:11am On Dec 19, 2020
Nigercity:

Yes oh
Don't know why they Drone shots from those places aren't littered on Cyber space
Like that of v.i an banana island
what sort/calibre of people live there?
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by superlightning: 11:38am On Dec 19, 2020
Aba is a well planned industrial city.

kudos OP, I give it to you.
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by waze63(m): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2020
Nigercity:
Cities and towns in ABA:

Ndegoro(Maintown): this is the biggest city in terms of population and the ndegoro Maintown area is one of the best plan cities in Nigeria located in Aba south L.G.A, it was planned using the master plan of the British colony of New york , it is the area planned for Africans during British rule with the British supervising them in a the secluded area called constitution crescent, Scotland crescent and holland crescent, the adjoining towns of obioha, ohanku e.t.c differs, is shares boundary to eziukwu town to the west, ogborhill to the east owerre Aba to the south
It houses the 2 Aba major and popular market which where already in existence b4 it relocation to the town of Ariaria.
The main market here are they
"Ahia ohuru" market which is very famous for clothes,and fabrics
"Nsulu textile market"
And the oldest market on which Aba was formed which is now know as
"Ekeoha shopping center"
It houses the Aba central mosque, the Nigerian correction center (prison), and the enyimba stadium.
It is separated from ogborhill through the Aba river and the other side of the river (which is connected via orji uzo bridge) which leads to "Emelogu Town in Ogbor hill" has already turned to one of the fastest upcoming hausa market in Aba popular know as "Ahia Good morning" (good morning market"wink
The most popular roads in ndegoro town is the "Ngwa road express way" which serve as an imaginary boundary between the British planned Maintown ndegoro and the neighboring communities in obiohia, ohanku e.t.c
And trading activities have already taken over the Ngwa road express hence the term "Ngwa road market", the Ngwa road was constructed by the British to serve ukwa people carrying there goods to ngwaland to sell hence the name "Ngwa road" some says it serves as boundary between Ngwa people and ukwa people,
Other major roads in ndegoro are Azikwe road.
While the longest road near ndegoro being port Harcourt road which stops at Number 806 and "obiohia road" which stops at Number 1342, the two street touching the end of ndegoro but not entering it.

Ogbor hill City: (popular known as O.H city)
Is the largest city in Aba after osisioma by landmass (with Numerous towns inside it) located near the Eastern part of Aba,
it court across two local government (Aba north and obingwa l.G.A) and is steadily trying to encroach Isiala-ngwa l.G.A
It has both the old Ehere market and the Ehere modern market (new) located in the ancient ehere town, ogbor hill industrial layout, N.T.A Aba, federal housing estate, Waterside cattle market, e.t.c (it also has a timber market with some numerous upcoming estate)
It's a five minutes joining from the city of Aba and it's separate from ndegoro by the Aba river.
The most popular roads in Ogbor hill are ikot-ekpene express road, ukaegbu, omoba,Azuka roads e.t.c
While the famous Towns in Ogbor hill are
Umuola, Emelogu, ovum township, ovum 1 and ovum 2 respectively, ukpakiri, obikabia to mention but a few,
The entrance of Ogbor hill through Aba suffers A lots of heavy traffic jams hence another bridge (like ikoyi bridge) is needed to connect the city of Ogbor hill to the neighboring town of umugasi via Aba river to ease traffic as the two existing bridge can't serve the purpose.

Abayi township:
This is one of the oldest town in Aba, unverified reports says it was already a separate town before the Aba city came to be, it's located 15 minutes drive from Aba,
It shares boundary with umugasi to the south, Ariaria to the east, south east to osusu town, also has boundaries with "European quarters Aba" (a small suburbs built by the colonial Masters exclusively for themselves)
Abayi House the Abia state poly, world bank housing estate, covenant poly to mention buh a few.

Umungasi:
It's the next town after osisioma and Abayi when entering Aba from owerri,enugu e.t.c
Just like Abayi, Aba-owerri Express way also cuts through umugasi.
It has one of the smallest market in Aba
(The umungasi market),
Rhema University, e.t.c
Is shares boundary with Abayi township and umule to the south,
A biggest part of Aba River makes it all most impossible to access ogbor Hill through okpulogbu in umuchichi as you will have to pass Abayi and other towns just to get to ogbor Hill.
The umuchichi and other surrounding towns have gradually turned to be a high class residence with green serenity unlike over crowded ndegoro and Abayi, couple to the fact that umugasi shares boundary to old G.R.A Aba and Eziama town (which is a quiet civil service town)

Eziukwu town:
Located in Aba south, is the nearest town to Aba
(Just a stone throw) it house the biggest motor park in Abia and the busiest bus stop in Africa after oshodi in Lagos, called the the "millverton main Park " which is the main Park of Aba.
Eziukwu houses the 3rd biggest market in Aba
Called "Eziukwu main market" famous know as cemetery market cos it close to Aba former cemetery.
In the market all Nigerian biscuits, beverage and fruit juice company have there Depots there where they are further exported to neighboring state near Abia,
Due to the high level of production in Eziukwu, (hoodlums around there) also engage in the counterfeiting of popular brand of milk,tea, whine beverages e.t.c
Since it's the major export town for those commodities.

Eziama:
This is a town near Abayi,
A civil service town with many private and government owned industrial layout and numerous industrial estate,
It houses the headquarters of Aba north L.G.A it's also a major medium and high class area, with a quite environment
It also has a Government reserved area, and also it's Burst out also at the Aba-owerri Express way.
Op God bless u for this thread.. I'm from Ngwa and I live in Aba, I have been making researchs on article like this and I have been looking for a thread like this
This is more than an inspiration
Pls can I share this on my blog?
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by Nigercity: 12:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
waze63:

Op God bless u for this thread.. I'm from Ngwa and I live in Aba, I have been making researchs on article like this and I have been looking for a thread like this

Thanks bro, surely you can
Just go to the 1st/2nd pages
Share every information you see there
As I deed an intensive Research, with the help of Aba north/Aba south information Portal at (Eziama and Aba town hall)

For pictures bro, try and go through the trade from first page to the last
To get exotic pictures especially I think page 7and 8 (cos the entire cyber space has been littered with bad images)

Also pls
What's the name of your blog
Re: few pictures and All about ABA ( The Great Enyimba City) by IGBOSON1: 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2020
waze63:

So you live in Aba, and you kept quiet all these years that evil bigots had free reign.....posting negative and nasty pictures of Aba on the net? You had to wait for Nigercity to start a thread on Aba for you to now come and poach pics from for your blog!

This is what i mean when i say Aba youths are part of the problem! They sit on their fat asses, doing nothing, as their city is being ridiculed and run down on social media with pics that don't represent the current state of things on the ground today! Notice how the bigots and Igbo haters tend to steer clear of Anambra (specifically Onitsha)? They know Anambra youths on social media are no shrinking violets, and will attack you back twice as hard if you try attacking their state or cities! shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Methodist Church Welcomes Peter Obi (Video) / Photo Of Babangida With Obasanjo & Abdulsalami Abubakar / Osun Rerun: Why Adeleke Can’t Win Election Even With Omisore’s Support – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.