Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,275 members, 7,829,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message (2572 Views)

"you May Be A Victim Of Software Counterfeiting. This Copy Of Windows Did Not Pa / Windows Xp Service Pack 2 Activation / Computer Restarts While Booting Up Reaching The Windows Xp Logo Stage Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by sholasys: 4:49pm On Jun 29, 2007
Pls can anybody help me on how i can solve the problem of WIN XP error message of " YOU ARE A VICTIM OF COUNTERFIT SOFTWARE"
U NEED TO INSTALL GENUE XP""
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by ow11(m): 11:20pm On Jul 13, 2007
make sure the system is yours!!! when you start ur system does windows boot up completely before you get the error message or it stop halfway? if your answer is the former then i have a solution for you. after booting, start task manager, open the tab processes and end the process genuine.exe. after that go to C/:windows search for genuine.exe when you find it delete it and you should be free.then set automatic updates to notify me before download so it wont happen again.dont allow windows genuine checker to run on your system again.

if your answer is the latter format and reinstall windows.make auto updates is on notify me before download
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by inze(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2007
Download this

http://rapidshare.com/files/40768166/Windows_XP_Genuine_Reg_Key.rar.html

and double click on the registry file and thats the ed of the msg.

I n z e
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by Ralvy(m): 9:56am On Aug 03, 2007
@Inze;

that registry file can mess ur system up, are u using it ur slf?
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by inze(m): 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2007
Yes

I use it and still using it.

I n z e
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by Ralvy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 03, 2007
I patched one with my system's registry and it messed the system up I had tu do a system restore from safe mode.
Upload the one u have and send theĀ  link tu me, thnks in advance
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by opensource(m): 11:30pm On Aug 03, 2007
here is the problem , you are using a pirated copy of windows XP probably which u bought from computer village, I have always adviced people to make backup copy of the operatin system and files ones u get a new system and laptop which has original version installed .

Because probably you have tried to download a file from microsoft website which did a Validation and after that u system was detected to be using a pirated copy , then a module is saved on your system to remind you always

I have a file to convert this to original version , Also manualy you can try manipualting the registry , But thats not advisable

contact me if u need it
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by jimmyjatt(m): 11:33am On Aug 07, 2007
Well I'm pretty sure like someone said that u r probably using Otigba version of the said XP, if u r really experienced though I wont advice u can edit the registry values or u repair ur XP and make sure u av automatic updates TURNED OFF.
If however u dont get a CD dt can repair, u can as well make a back up of ur data in another partition and reinstall d OS. whatever u do just make sure AUTOMATIC UPDATES IS TURNED OFF. N NEVER ATTEMPT TO VISIT MICROSOFT FOR SUPPORT.
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by texazzpete(m): 12:51pm On Aug 07, 2007
it's obvious to all but the most criminally daft; you're using a stolen/pirated version of Windows
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by yoshimitsu(m): 11:55am On Mar 05, 2009
Just download the windows activation fix or windows validation fix from my website which is www.utotomiabalu.110mb.com.
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by KazuyaM(m): 11:17am On Mar 23, 2009
grin grin
Re: Win XP 'You Are A Victim Of Counterfeit' Error Message by utotomixxx(m): 10:08pm On Sep 01, 2009
were are the moderators!!!

(1)

How Do I Subscribe To Glo Data Plans? / Microsoft Surface Book 2.. I7, 16gb, 1TB SSD, Touchscreen. / ++++Indian Web Proxy Is Back! And Extreemly Fast ++++++

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.