Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,128 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity (38026 Views)

Apologise To Jonathan, Okonjo-Iweala - Peterside To 2012 Subsidy Removal Critics / Shehu Sani Reacts To Buhari’s Appraisal Of Jonathan / Shehu Sani Reacts To His Suspension From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by Okoroawusa: 3:25am On Dec 08, 2020
The clueless one

No serious Country should have a man like Jonathan as a president. He is too weak and easily plays to the gallery.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by Born2Breed(f): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2020
To Jonathan, Nigeria comes first and he is not your typical politician but a statesman.

But Buhari is an ethnic bigot and selfish idiot, who put himself first before Nigeria and he is a product of politics with bitterness.

2 Likes

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by Born2Breed(f): 6:26am On Dec 08, 2020
Okoroawusa:
The clueless one

No serious Country should have a man like Jonathan as a president. He is too weak and easily plays to the gallery.

But he didn't play to the gallery or you make silly statements without proper understanding.

1 Like

Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by Sinistami(m): 7:22am On Dec 08, 2020
leokid866:

lol.....he should have gone to court it was his right ......did he tell you someone threatened him with bloodshed?.....or we don't have politicians that have gone to court over elections.....Trump is doing it right now.....oga sit down and stop trying to whip up sentiment for this failure of a man.....someone that at his age he cannot wear a shoe without his wife's approval...

See who's calling someone 'failure of a man'. Some people are just damn so full of hate that they're blinded by it.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by Nigerianization(m): 7:45am On Dec 08, 2020
leokid866:

you don't have to be civil, guy.....he is an ex-president.....a Nigerian ex-president.....if you got something to say say it....look at Obj, Atiku, those one that write letter at the drop of a pin.....this one is now forming I cannot comment because he is been gassed up.

Some comments and actions by people at that level can heat up the policy unnecessarily. So i admire his class
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by leokid866: 8:54am On Dec 08, 2020
Nigerianization:

Some comments and actions by people at that level can heat up the policy unnecessarily. So i admire his class
Class ko......school ni.....
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by Nigerianization(m): 8:55am On Dec 08, 2020
leokid866:

Class ko......school ni.....

kuo isi na wall
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by leokid866: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2020
Sinistami:

See who's calling someone 'failure of a man'. Some people are just damn so full of hate that they're blinded by it.
Oga even bill Gates has his failures.........Jonas failure is at the hands of running a country, your inability to see that we all have failures in different areas shows just how warped your reasoning is......now sit down and put your head in a book it just might help you.....
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by Sammytee001(m): 9:20am On Dec 08, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
Jonathan
Tho I won’t say he is a coward
But he is surely not man enough to be a chairman of a village meeting talk more of president of any union
Too much humility turns to cowardice
Though he have right to expression
What if dora akunyili was this humble and cowed
Jonathan wouldn’t have smell that seat
Heaven suffers violent and violent taketh it by force

What's the nonsense that you're saying.
Next time just pass your comments, never use Bible to back it up. NEVER.
Like how'll you think like that, abi is there a thing like too much humility��‍♂️.
If you wan use Bible, Moses was the meekest man ever on Earth, still he wasn't stupid and God didn't call him stupid. He was also the leader of a country (Israel) so what are you saying.
It's well.
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by leokid866: 9:25am On Dec 08, 2020
Nigerianization:

kuo isi na wall
wepụ isi gị jonas a*s
Re: Shehu Sani Reacts To Jonathan’s Refusal To Blame Buhari Govt For Insecurity by obailala(m): 12:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
DMerciful:
See how you're twisting the narrative, which is deceitful in itself. You said the previous govt (and not govts) incurred N63 billion and now you're saying as at the time GEJ left office. Do not shift the goal post!

If the value of the value keeps falling, whose fault is that? Why can't Obj tenure be compared with Bubu? Are you making it seems the incompetent one is facing a separate challenge? You forgot ND militancy was highest in Obj/Yaradua time?
Bubu is a failure, accept it!
Well, I believe I've explained myself clearly in my last posts; as May 2015, Nigeria's total debt was ~$63billion, almost half of that figure was incurred by the immediate past admin, despite the much higher revenue received.

To answer your question on the value of money, I never said Buhari was doing well (if that's what your obsession is), but if you seek the culprit in the drop in value of the Naira, none of our recent presidents is exempt from that fault, from OBJ down to Buhari, and it would amount to economic illiteracy to just think Buhari alone is principally responsible for how the Naira has faired lately given the prevailing circumstances. You asked whether PMB is facing a separate challenge, absolute YES! he is facing a very separate and unique challenge which none of his predecessors faced (i.e. a sudden shock in the economy from a sudden drop in forex). Nigeria's economy was running on an average of $100 a barrel, govt spending, recurrent expenditure, size of civil service etc were built on that average and the economy was used to that price, and then it suddenly dropped without the govt sacking anyone. Remeberr at this time Nigeria was already so import dependent and then boom, forex stopped coming in. Oh yes, the shock situation PMB faced, neither OBJ nor Yaradua nor GEJ experienced that.

But then again, I wasnt even referring to the value of the Naira when I mentioned the "time value of money", I was rather talking of an increasing demand for forex due to an expanding and globalising economy. I will explain below (a long explanation)...

In 1999, how many ordinary Nigerians needed forex? How many Nigerians could travel abroad or school abroad or could go for medical checkup or holidays or shopping abroad as at 1999? If you agree with me the number of people who now do these things have multiplied in exponential proportions since 1999, then maybe it would help you understand what I meant when I said forex demand has increased by over 1000%.

Again in 1999, Nigeria wasnt an almost 100% import dependent nation; we weren't as obsessed as we are today with imported goods (including tooth pick). In 1999, we weren't importing 99.9% of our petroleum products as is the case today, we still wore clothes and shoes made in Aba and used fabrics woven in Nigerian textile mills and ate foods grown in Nigeria.

Unlike today when I can easily with a few clicks from my phone, order something from overseas, in 1999, we neither had phones nor internet. All of the above changes (which are positive by the way) are associated with a continously increasing forex demand over the years. So my point basically is that if oil sold for $10 in 1999 and Nigeria was okay, with the exponential increase in forex demand, you cannot expect $10 oil price to exactly be sufficient for Nigeria in 2020, especially when it was much higher just few years ago.

Furthermore, outside the area of forex, there're many more areas where the demand for revenue has increased over the years. Minimum wage in 2020 is not the same as it was in 1999; even the sheer size of the civil service has increased in exponential proportions since 1999, so fo you still expect $10 in 1999 to be sufficient in 2020?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tolu Ogunlesi Criticized For His Posts About Peter Obi (Pictures) / Coronavirus: Obiano Asks Buhari To Give Him N1 Billion To Fight COVID-19 / Obi: Frank Edoho Queries Omojuwa Over Twitter Poll He Conducted.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.