Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,860 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money (875 Views)

The Most Wasted Money In This World Is The Money You Spent On Girlfriends - Reno / Ladies!! Keeping Sanity In Your Marriage/relationship In The Face Of Infidelity / Man Offers Girlfriend N500k To Dump Her For Another Lady. She Collects The Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 07, 2020
It's All About The Benjamins.

Being in a relationship in Nigeria is particularly and needlessly expensive, and it doesn't have to be that way. Perhaps the poor standard of living makes it so. Everyone is looking for free lunch, however it may come.

This is one major reason why most men these days don't "shoot their shot". They know they are about to start a "white elephant project".

Nigerian men are always in their heads doing a financial risk analysis before they make a move on any lady they like. You don't think relationship without thinking money in Nigeria. It is impossible.

Now, I don't think it is necessarily the same way in the Western World; the same people we copy.

Money is essential but I don't believe men in the West overthink it before they approach a lady. Maybe that is because they live in a system that works and their women are not poverty-stricken or needy like ours. Or maybe it's because they live in an individualistic society as opposed to a collectivist one where dating a woman means you are dating her entire family.

I am not saying men should not be gentlemanly in a relationship. I still believe in CHIVALRY.

For example, I will never take a woman on a date or for dining and expect her to take the bill. I have always taken the bill many times in the past when I had dinings with my woman. Even after the dining I would go ahead and credit her account with money for transportation or give cash. I see that as the duty of every gentleman.

But this is not about chivalry. There is something more going on here.

In Nigeria, dating a lady also means you must impress her friends and even some members of her family with the fatness of your account. This is a huge burden on men in this country. Little wonder boys are helping themselves with online scam and 'yahoo' fraud. The pressure is real. Very real.

It takes a man with moral courage who refuses to be intimidated that would not dabble into illicit dealings just to make such money. And such a man must be ready to take a lot of ridiculing, insult and disrespect from the woman's friends and family members. They would mentally compare him to his mate and gossip about where he should and shouldn't have been in life.

Things are already tough for the average citizen in this country. Relationships are tougher because everyone is looking for a LOTTERY.

I have heard it said that in Nigeria the moment you woo a lady and she says "Yes", you already owe her some money.

That may sound funny but there is an element of truth to it. Real Nigerians know it.

Everything here is about the Benjamins.

Written by Olakunle Allison on FB

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Kobicove(m): 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2020
This one is an open secret...

Everyone know marriage in Nigeria is essentially determined by what you can bring to the table...blind love does not exist in this country! undecided

3 Likes

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by MiQui: 5:03pm On Dec 07, 2020
They will come for you you will see. tongue

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by TossTos: 5:05pm On Dec 07, 2020
Yes Of course Money

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Lawliet(f): 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2020
Just the same way many men base the relationship on sex.

4 Likes

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2020
Toks2008
Marinez39s

Lalasticlala
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Toks2008(m): 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2020
My brother there are three types of ladies and these three have different types of guys they want.

1.The broke lady.

She wants a guy who can take care of her and will rather prefer a rich monster to a sweet broke guy...

2.The Huslters or oloshos who will only follow a guy that can pay enough money to lay them. Some of these ladies in this category claim to be financially independent but the truth is that they are not.

3. The truly financially independent lady

She is not so keen on finding a rich guy but all she wants is a sweet legit hardworking guy.

Unfortunately the Nigerian economy has made most ladies fall into the first category.

My advise for guys is to find their level.

Some ladies will die for a guy that can give her as little as 5k a month and some ladies won't even look at any guy who can't throw millions at them.

6 Likes

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2020
Relationships all over the world is based on money

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2020
Toks2008:
My brother there are two types of ladies and these two have different types of guys they want.

1.The broke lady.

She wants a guy who can take care of her and will rather prefer a rich monster to a sweet broke guy...

2. The financially independent lady

She is not so keen on finding a rich guy but all she wants is a sweet guy.

Unfortunately the Nigerian economy has made most ladies fall into the first category.

Some ladies will die for a guy that can give her as little as 5k a month and some ladies won't even look at any guy who can't throw millions at them.

It is a lie.

Both women want money.

One is upfront, the other is subtle.

All women want a man to spend on them and also take care of them.

4 Likes

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Toks2008(m): 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

It is a lie.

Both women want money.

Those are in the second category.. I just modified...
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 07, 2020
Toks2008:

Those are in the second category.. I just modified...

I have never seen a woman that doesn't want a man to spend on her

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Slyzen(m): 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2020
That's why every man needs to set his own rule of engagement. What works for one may not necessarily work for the other. While some men have stuck to their guns and are willing to kiss a lot of toads to find their princess, others have given up and allowed themselves to be swallowed by "quickie" relationships funded by "urgent 2k".

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Toks2008(m): 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

I have never seen a woman that doesn't want a man to spend on her

You have digressed...everyone knows that.

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2020
Lawliet:
Just the same way many men base the relationship on sex.

Sex should be a pleasure between both parties, here in the uk, a lady can go home with you, Bleep you, enjoy herself, and leave without both of you exchanging contacts, happens in South Africa, and in the western world, Nigeria make it look like men enjoy the sex, and they must pay, sex is a pleasure, both parties enjoy it. If the women are not enjoying sex, intimacy gadgets won’t be a huge market. What is really wrong is the poverty system in that country the government are practicing on the citizens, here an average lady works and earn at least to give herself some things, she doesn’t have to depend much on the man. They split date bills here. Ladies take guys out wella here

5 Likes

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by adejumobi1451: 8:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
They will come for you you will see.
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by khingTony(m): 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2020
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Tony142: 8:10am On Dec 08, 2020
Toks2008:
My brother there are three types of ladies and these three have different types of guys they want.

1.The broke lady.

2.The Huslters or oloshos who will only follow a guy that can pay enough money to lay them. Some of these ladies in this category claim to be financially independent but the truth is that they are not.

3. The truly financially independent lady

She is not so keen on finding a rich guy but all she wants is a sweet legit hardworking guy.

your number 3 is wrong, independent woman are the worst gold digger u will ever meet, na them they gold dig pass, because of female hypergamy a women who earn 5millions monthly will hardly settle for a guy with 500k monthly, she will prefer the one that earn 5m or higher

even rich guys do not like a broke lady, not to talk of an independent lady

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Tony142: 8:15am On Dec 08, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

It is a lie.
Both women want money.
All women want a man to spend on them and also take care of them.

no mind am
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Toks2008(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2020
Tony142:

your number 3 is wrong, independent woman are the worst gold digger u will ever meet, na them they gold dig pass, because of female hypergamy a women who earn 5millions monthly will hardly settle for a guy with 500k monthly, she will prefer the one that earn 5m or higher

even rich guys do not like a broke lady, not to talk of an independent lady

You are still confusing number 3 with 2
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Jodha(f): 9:20am On Dec 08, 2020
How will yhu ask a lady for a date and expect not to pay the bills...

A lady that was on her own...yhu asked her for a date in a restaurant...of course yhull pay the bills..

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by BaddieFreak(f): 9:25am On Dec 08, 2020
Broke boys everywhere.
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Burgerlomo: 9:41am On Dec 08, 2020
No money no love bro cool

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Tony142: 11:45am On Dec 08, 2020
BaddieFreak:
Broke boys everywhere.

shut up, your father was not rich when he married your mum

3 Likes

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by BaddieFreak(f): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2020
Tony142:

shut up, your father was not rich when he married your mum

Truth is bitter. If you like go and marry without having money, na body go tell you.
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Tony142: 12:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
BaddieFreak:

Truth is bitter. If you like go and marry without having money, na body go tell you.

I have money and I am already thinking of marrying you o, but something is telling me you are a gold digger cheesy

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by jditimiya(m): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
For me if you are real all this will not border you at all, because only fake people will want to use money to impress the ladies and their families. But if you are a man who knows what he need u never show up and allow the flow go. God will help you find those ladies that need your money or stay with you no matter who you are. I have tried them before and i was disgraced because i started with her with money...

1 Like

Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by BaddieFreak(f): 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
Tony142:

I have money and I am already thinking of marrying you o, but something is telling me you are a gold digger cheesy

Pele Mr Goldmine grin
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Tony142: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2020
BaddieFreak:

Pele Mr Goldmine grin

Lol, wait o, I observe something,
This one u like uploading half picture without your head, hope it is not what I am thinking o? #wink
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by BaddieFreak(f): 1:11pm On Dec 08, 2020
Tony142:

Lol, wait o, I observe something,
This one u like uploading half picture without your head, hope it is not what I am thinking o? #wink
What are you thinking
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Tony142: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
BaddieFreak:
What are you thinking

Lol, I do not want to reveal it publicly, anyway, never mind, bye...
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by gtbng: 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2020
Burgerlomo:
No money no love bro cool
hope u father n brodas are rich.cheap gurl.wat ur worth.poor gurls talk aloud...broke guys.i just pity u.let see da kinda man u end with in life.life no get pattern.tynz happen.
Re: RELATIONSHIP In Nigeria Is All About The Money by Burgerlomo: 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2020
gtbng:
hope u father n brodas are rich.cheap gurl.wat ur worth.poor gurls talk aloud...broke guys.i just pity u.let see da kinda man u end with in life.life no get pattern.tynz happen.

Nigga I be dude like U oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Smart Husband / Drama As Bridesmaid’s Boobs Takes Centre Stage And Guests Ignore Bride (Video) / Man Left Heartbroken After His Girlfriend Travelled To Marry Abroad Based Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.