Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,831 members, 7,820,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Is Decagon Worth It? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is Decagon Worth It? (10615 Views)

Is Studying Computer Science In A Public Nigeria University Worth It / Does Anyone Know About Decagon? / Thread For Those Who Got Accepted Into Decagon Software Engineering Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by Johnmattee(m): 11:06am On Apr 24, 2021
TechCapon:
did you later proceed with the Decagon program?
I've dumped it jare, no guarantor.

1 Like

Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by TechCapon(m): 11:26am On Apr 24, 2021
Johnmattee:

I've dumped it jare, no guarantor.
my brother, not only guarantor but the terms and conditions of the program na die. I don't know why it is so hard to find people who attend the program to share their real life experiences.

1 Like

Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by Johnmattee(m): 3:11pm On Apr 24, 2021
TechCapon:
my brother, not only guarantor but the terms and conditions of the program na die. I don't know why it is so hard to find people who attend the program to share their real life experiences.
Maybe it's part of the terms and agreement not to disclose their experience. I knew there is something shady about their offer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by TechCapon(m): 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2021
Johnmattee:

Maybe it's part of the terms and agreement not to disclose their experience. I knew there is something shady about their offer.
I met a few people on Twitter who say they were Decagon grads but each time I tried to ask them anything about Decagon they would just be silent. I've completely lost interest in the program

1 Like

Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by codeGenius01(m): 3:57pm On Apr 24, 2021
TechCapon:
I met a few people on Twitter who say they were Decagon grads but each time I tried to ask them anything about Decagon they would just be silent. I've completely lost interest in the program

They wont talk because ,they are still under the bond,If the programme was good to them they would have rePly there silence means alot,

Well if am ask if someone should take this up ,my answer willl be definately No.

Why will one incur a debt of 4 million just becos he or she want to learn programming .They will give u a laptop and 40k stipen for six month ,the job self is not guarantee after the training .You are on your own .

One will not see all this from the begining it is when you are to start paying that the reality will dawn on one .4 million payback .

It is a crazy agreement and i wont advice any one to take such risky instead Go borrow money from peope buy a good laptop and get some course and if one lack discipline to learn on his own Go look for paid mentorship or go to good training schools .

3 Likes

Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by TechCapon(m): 7:18am On Apr 25, 2021
codeGenius01:

They wont talk because ,they are still under the bond,If the programme was good to them they would have rePly there silence means alot,

Well if am ask if someone should take this up ,my answer willl be definately No.

Why will one incur a debt of 4 million just becos he or she want to learn programming .They will give u a laptop and 40k stipen for six month ,the job self is not guarantee after the training .You are on your own .

One will not see all this from the begining it is when you are to start paying that the reality will dawn on one .4 million payback .

It is a crazy agreement and i wont advice any one to take such risky instead Go borrow money from peope buy a good laptop and get some course and if one lack discipline to learn on his own Go look for paid mentorship or go to good training schools .
you hit the nail on the head bro
Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by Kunfu(m): 9:24am On Feb 20, 2022
Any update about this Decagon institute
Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by Ebuka5: 11:30am On Feb 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
They are gonna be teaching you the MERN stack which i wouldn't lie would be very hard to get a job in Nigeria especially as a junior developer. Heaven knows I hate Nodejs lipsrsealed
What do you like or what do you advice??
Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by Ebuka5: 11:39am On Feb 20, 2022
privaldo:

Please you would introduce me to the tech communities your are pary of and how you setup your UpWork account when I get started. Let me get to work for now, Thanks for the advice.

How far come put me true too
Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by 3exe3: 8:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I love Javascript and React on the frontend but Nodejs isn't as important as it's hyped up to be.

Lol node js is the reason most people take php for granted now it's a hype to u

1 Like

Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
3exe3:

Lol node js is the reason most people take php for granted now it's a hype to u

I still maintain my stance. All backend code I write is still PHP.
Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by 3exe3: 12:20am On Feb 21, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

I agree with you though cause php was created for the web
Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by Nobody: 4:18am On Feb 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by 3exe3: 7:06pm On Feb 24, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Got any platform u wish to recommend for a new online job seeker
Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:57pm On Feb 24, 2022
3exe3:

Got any platform u wish to recommend for a new online job seeker

Linkedin and indeed.
Re: Is Decagon Worth It? by 3exe3: 8:00pm On Feb 24, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Linkedin and indeed.

Any advise on a skill that can get me a job I know backend development with php

(1) (2) (Reply)

Webex Technology At A Glance / As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Learning Java Without Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.