Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

The Mistakes Girls Make - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Mistakes Girls Make (2331 Views)

Why Do Very Beautiful Girls Make This Mistake??? / 4 Silly Things Girls Make Guys Do / Do Very Pretty Girls Make Their Men Insecure? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Mistakes Girls Make by adams4real(m): 10:03am On Mar 24, 2011
Most girls think they have luxury of time when guys are asking them out for marriage. A normal nigerian girl at 23-25 feel life just begins. You ask them out and they tell you they are not interested, all because they still want T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ play around and make some money with their body a bit longer. They now come back T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ the same guy about 5yrs down the line and they expect the guy T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ take them. Absolute rubish.
They don't know that when a guy ask you out at 23 he want you at 23 and 5yrs later when you think he should still love you, he's still eyeing a 23 year old girl, fresh blood, a girl at the age when he was triping for you.
So girls, wise up and save the best part of your body for the guy you would spend the best part of your life with.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by sexy74(m): 10:12am On Mar 24, 2011
Summarry
a man always prefers a younger version of a woman at any point in time.

so women folk, brace up
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by Mcleo007(m): 10:23am On Mar 24, 2011
Such is life! Just S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ funny how all this relationship tales play out in †ђξ long run.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by Sub5(m): 10:35am On Mar 24, 2011
@ poster
I don't really know how true is what you said
A normal Nigerian girl at 23-25 feel life just begins.
Because most girls at this age are really looking for serious relationships that will lead to marriage.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by Tosinville(m): 11:04am On Mar 24, 2011
Sorry, i don't like young bloods, i even prefer an older lady to be with but its rarely in Nigeria.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by 190: 11:34am On Mar 24, 2011
adams4real:

Most girls think they have luxury of time when guys are asking them out for marriage. A normal nigerian girl at 23-25 feel life just begins. You ask them out and they tell you they are not interested, all because they still want T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ play around and make some money with their body a bit longer. They now come back T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ the same guy about 5yrs down the line and they expect the guy T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ take them. Absolute rubish.
They don't know that when a guy ask you out at 23 he want you at 23 and 5yrs later when you think he should still love you, he's still eyeing a 23 year old girl, fresh blood, a girl at the age when he was triping for you.
So girls, wise up and save the best part of your body for the guy you would spend the best part of your life with.

WORD!!

I probably wont stick around a lady wanting 2 settle down at 30's i mean
30's subtracted from when she starts having children, how many years is left undecided

Give me the younger age any day any time
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 24, 2011
@poster
Let me get this clear, are you saying that any gal of 23-25yrs of age who get a marriage request from any he goat out there should automatically accept rather that wait for better suitors?!
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by alagha: 11:51am On Mar 24, 2011
@ op ,the ideal picture of a wife is found in the mother.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by 190: 11:54am On Mar 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
Let me get this clear, are you saying that any gal of 23-25yrs of age who get a marriage request from any he goat out there should automatically accept rather that wait for better suitors?!

No hes praticaly saying that most ladies of that age should start planning their lives earlier
instead of wasting time around running after men for money, selling their bodies for BB's and Brazilian hair
@tymes if i were a lady at my current age i would have been married by now, I shake my head for some women~

women these days waste their best part of their youthful age doing NOTHING but selling their bodies from one guy to another
instead of worrying about their future undecided
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by afrobaby(f): 11:59am On Mar 24, 2011
@poster, is this a personal experieneor what?
Most ladies at the age of 23-25 are already craving for marriage especially the yorubas and those that are educated, some of us may not be so lucky to get married at that age, but deep down in us, we still wish that time can be reversed, lol.
Anyway, it depends on individual sha
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by Spclst900: 12:13pm On Mar 24, 2011
Poster

we don hear.

next
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
Women running after money has nothing to do with age, they do it from about 17yrs old and onward.
Its all down to maturity, if anyone believe that ALL 23/25yr old women are ready (or should be) for marriage then he is surely on crack.
Some may be, other may not, but the important point is that IF the guy is not the right one IN THEIR MINDS then they should definitely wait rather than settle for anybody.

If YOU aint married(and in that age bracket) then why should they automatically be? no difference here!
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by 190: 12:20pm On Mar 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

Women running after money has nothing to do with age, they do it from about 17yrs old and onward.
Its all down to maturity, if anyone believe that ALL 23/25yr old women are ready (or should be) for marriage then he is surely on crack.
Some may be, other may not, but the important point is that IF the guy is not the right one IN THEIR MINDS then they should definitely wait rather than settle for anybody.

If YOU aint married(and in that age bracket) then why should they automatically be? no difference here!
shocked shocked shocked

You have seen me are u telling me, im ready for marriage ( Jokes) grin grin
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by Nobody: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
@190
There you go!!! If you aint ready, why do you expect all women of that age to be?! UNLESS you view them as a commodity aka "no need for an education or a life, just find a good man and live off him as a good wife."

So contradictory!!!!
If they look for a rich man to take care of them, we say they are golddiggers and when they want to take care of they own selves, we say they wanna play the field. So which one is it? Should they simply say yes (like donkeys) to just about anybody or anything a man wants from them?!
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by adaphik(f): 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2011
D simple truth is, if most girls got married earlier than they should have, they most likely would have been married to d wrong ppl. Don't u think so?
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^ it all depend on maturity and what they are seeking in life. I know some 18 year olds who got married and are still happily married after 25yrs. Some women out there WANT/NEED to play thje fields while others don't.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by SALady(f): 2:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

So contradictory!!!!
If they look for a rich man to take care of them, we say they are golddiggers and when they want to take care of they own selves, we say they wanna play the field. So which one is it? Should they simply say yes (like donkeys) to just about anybody or anything a man wants from them?!

aahhhh! @MRbrown, you are an emoticon with a light bulb above his head.

Guys do you understand that if you are going to marry anyone at the age of 23 this person has only lived 4 years of her entire life to come.

Let me break it down 23-19=4 (19 represents the teen years) Now tell me what could a 23 year old who has lived for 4 year possibly know about herself, let alone raising a family.

Guys please let us start depending more on our senses for reason. asseblief.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by SAGoddess: 2:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
SA Lady:

aahhhh! @MRbrown, you are an emoticon with a light bulb above his head.

Guys do you understand that if you are going to marry anyone at the age of 23 this person has only lived 4 years of her entire life to come.

Let me break it down 23-19=4 (19 represents the teen years) Now tell me what could a 23 year old who has lived for 4 year possibly know about herself, let alone raising a family.

Guys please let us start depending more on our senses for reason. asseblief.

Is that Zulu? grin grin grin
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 24, 2011
@SA LADY
Are you claiming that a person marrying at 18, will never make a good parent? Look around you, how old were most of our parents when they got married? Oh and does the MAN marrying her counts for nothing in family?
Maturity doesn't come with age but
life experiences and they don't always come AFTER teenage years.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by MrsChima1(f): 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
That is interesting that boys assumed women will settle down at a young age especially if they are trying to gather opportunities that will afford them for the rest of their lives. I am talking about women who is not gold digging and working to provide something into the relationship or marriage as well.

Age plays a big part in what people choose in life but it is not the deciding factor either.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by SALady(f): 2:30pm On Mar 24, 2011
SA Goddess:

Is that Zulu? grin grin grin

haha! Afrikaans, for please.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by SAGoddess: 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ was only pulling your leg, how can I not know wink
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by SALady(f): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@SA LADY
Are you claiming that a person marrying at 18, will never make a good parent? Look around you, how old were most of our parents when they got married? Oh and does the MAN marrying her counts for nothing in family?
Maturity doesn't come with age but
life experiences and they don't always come AFTER teenage years.

Nooooo, you were doing just fine what happened? I am not saying they will not make good parents in future. What I am saying is that they are yet to grow in their own right. Seriously what could an 18 year old have possibly learned about life and when exactly? This is somebody who just got fresh straight out of high school under their parents care and you want him/her to be a wife/husband/mother/father? asseblief.

You know I spend some time on NL right, and so do you therefore you and I will agree that most peolpe come in here and complain about marriage gone bad because the angel they married at 18 has now changed.

Guess what? she was never an angel, probably a naive girl brought up well, but as nature would have it, she just metamophosized and that's it.

Now about our parents I am sorry but I believe that generations are different and geography has its contributions too, however we cannot run away from evolution its upon us everyday.

My point, leave the 18 year old to grow and discover life and their inner self.

Maybe the 18 year old you know is doing fine in her marriage same as the married 23 year old I know, but hey for most of the time they have a way of reminding me that my life isnt that bad at all. I really really wouldnt trade thier issues for mine, no thank you.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by SALady(f): 2:56pm On Mar 24, 2011
SA Goddess:

^^^ was only pulling your leg, how can I not know wink

well I thought since via Lesotho, you know grin
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by SAGoddess: 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
SA Lady:

well I thought since via Lesotho, you know grin

I am not so bad girl. . . .besides, my son translates for me cool cool

Anyway, back at topic. . . . . .Personally at 23 I had no business being anybody's wife, I had no idea who I was or what I wanted and boy am I glad I was given the time to discover ME, with age comes wisdom . . . .what I see happening is most of those marriages that happened when the partners were in their early 20s have now dissolved or are unhappy because suddenly people realise just how little they "lived" before they rushed into marriage!
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by MRBrownJ: 3:14pm On Mar 24, 2011
@SA lady
Not everyone is meant to grow "that way", some grow while married. Its a different growth but it doesn't automatically doom this union.
Many out there have been taking care of their siblings ALONE Day in and day out since a very young age (while parents are at work), thats family value for you right there.
Wouldn't such person make a great family orientated wife? Do you believe that she HAS to grow as an individual and know herself to make this marriage work?

It is not for everybody but some CAN be great wives/mothers at a young age. They can't miss what they never had!

A well respected NLer, Jennykadry, was married well before she was 23 and is blissfully/happily married 10 yrs down the line.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by 190: 3:17pm On Mar 24, 2011
MRBrownJ:

@SA lady
Not everyone is meant to grow "that way", some grow while married. Its a different growth but it doesn't automatically doom this union.
Many out there have been taking care of their siblings ALONE Day in and day out since a very young  age (while parents are at work), thats family value for you right there.
Wouldn't such person make a great family orientated wife? Do you believe that she HAS to grow as an individual and know herself to make this marriage work?

It is not for everybody but some CAN be great wives/mothers at a young age. They can't miss what they never had!

[size=18pt]A well respected NLer, Jennykadry, was married well before she was 23 and is blissfully/happily married 10 yrs down  the line[/size].

wow!!  shocked  shocked  shocked

Thats frigging awesome cool cool
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by SALady(f): 3:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
SA Goddess:

I am not so bad girl. . . .besides, my son translates for me cool cool

Anyway, back at topic. . . . . .Personally at 23 I had no business being anybody's wife, I had no idea who I was or what I wanted and boy am I glad I was given the time to discover ME, with age comes wisdom . . . .what I see happening is most of those marriages that happened when the partners were in their early 20s have now dissolved or are unhappy because suddenly people realise just how little they "lived" before they rushed into marriage!

Honestly, if there is anything I dont wish to be right now is to be 18 years. I look at them and I cant help but give a sigh of sadness, especially when they start to open their mouth to speak. It was at 22 when I knew why I had to end my then relationship. Something in me said it was time to grow, time to find who lady is and what she's made of and stands for, and maaaan am I loving this this woman today who is faaaar different for that naive 18-23 year old I use to be. The journey I wouldnt trade it for anything, I still havent found any man more fulfilling than the journey itself.

It may have not been the best thing ever in retrospect,as today I am that girl who doenst hesiate to dump a guy because he said something wrong or stupid. seriously I do such things and I end up alone. No stress though just my convictions which I picked up as I grow.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by Nautillus(m): 3:33pm On Mar 24, 2011
Bullocks, your claim has no basis, if you ask ANY gal out and she says no, Move on , or up your game, a gal that wishes to play, will play around, age not withstanding
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by MRBrownJ: 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^As I said:"some are ready for it, others aint" but assuming that nobody in their young age can is a wrong assumption.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by 49cents(m): 3:44pm On Mar 24, 2011
Its okay for young girls to be cautious but the 5 year prostitution in the name of dating is what stinks. At 27 they are more sexpart than whores. Too untrusting, very deceitful with there heart scattered in their long litany of ex. girls could you stop bleeping around money is nothing without values.
Re: The Mistakes Girls Make by SALady(f): 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2011
MRBrownJ:

@SA lady
Many out there have been taking care of their siblings ALONE Day in and day out since a very young age (while parents are at work), thats family value for you right there.

A well respected NLer, Jennykadry, was married well before she was 23 and is blissfully/happily married 10 yrs down the line.

Mrbrown, I swear to you that most marriages that end up in such doom could have been saved. If only people allowed themselves time to know and understand what life is asking of them, which is know yourself.

I have no doubt @jenny is blissfully married, yet in the same token I have no doubt that if you were to sit her down and ask her about the challenges she's had to overcome, my she'll blow your mind off, no doubt.

I see this in my relationships, some challenges do tell me how difficult it must be to be married and let alone stay married. Before I am Mrs so and so, I am human and then an individual and then a woman. Now try to figure all that out at 18.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do I Do Please. / Mathematical Letter To His Charming Gf / Ladies, 12 Steps To Make Him Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.