Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? (60598 Views)

The Battle Of The Phone Brands (come Check Yours) / Less Popular Phone Brands Help & Solutions / Android Warning Over 13 Popular Phone Games – Uninstall Them NOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by AmuDimpka: 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2020
abimic:

Imagine, meaning Op no get point jare...i just saw the latest bb phones sef
the op didn't do research
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by cletz991(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
cool Pls add SAGEM to that list op
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Whitecoal711: 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
Illiquidity
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Queenserah26(f): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
They probably couldn't keep up with the trend.
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Praxis758: 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
Just done using Xperia XA2. It was good but the camer is not so bright.

I enjoyed it before mistakenly loosing it inside a bus.

Reeoman:

Apart from BB and maybe HTC that i cn say are nt more making waves, u see that sony u just mentioned dnt just compare anyhw phone to it pls, have u checked out their latest devices(v series and xperia)? same with motorola
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Kaybex007(m): 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
Sony phones are still in the market and hot. they improvised from Sony Ericsson to Sony Xperia. they are available in the market just like iPhone and other phones. the but in them is they are very expensive, even more expensive than iPhone and worth the price. they are not everyone's phone. I call them phones of the future cuz the feature you see on Sony phones today will be a new feature for most phones in the future.

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Ademoore07(m): 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2020
imhotep:

I dunno what brand of weed those Nokia people are smoking
It is not about weed bro. The day nokia was sold to Microsoft corporation, they dug their own grave. Bill Gate couldn't give users the necessary software updates. I think they resell it to another firm that later changed it into android device.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by nonhuman(m): 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2020
larryking540:

and so many ladies lost their tru lover (guy) for some Bleep boys because of this phone ,
I lost the only girl I ever loved because of BB
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Koya365(m): 8:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
What kill Blackberry was the unable to browse issue with the telecom network in Nigeria, when people where ask to configure there network browsing manually and later stop working even when u have blackberry data available on your sim, I remember when then as customers care agent the most issues then was unable to browse with blackberry, I quickly advice them to start buying android phone to save my AHT
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:12pm On Dec 09, 2020
What happened to polyphonic ringtones?
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by duality(m): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
They are vanity things.

Remember the days of Motorola RAZR

.... hello Moto...

Some persons did evil to get such device. Today, it's no more.
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
Those samsung flip phones were dope. I hate these Chinese phones we have now
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by authority2006(m): 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ezenwa12345:

HTC stopped making phone after HTC one, Don't lecture me on phones. Huawei sold more phones than iPhone this year . How many people have you seen using Huawei compared to iPhone. Because the majority of iPhone that is sold in Wes Africa is second hand phone, which Huawei is selling first Hand base on majority. Do you want to talk about phone spec or what?. Chinese and India covers African market alone, so if Huawei is selling 80% of there phone in Asia , it still cover West Africa market. iPhone is not distributed in West Africa, and Samsung low budget phone is what is sold here .

Firstly, Huawei didn't sell more than iPhone this year 2020. Where is your evidence?

Secondly, the point still remains the fact the likes of LG, Motorola, HTC as at today on global scale have infinitesimal market share be it in Africa, Asia, Europe or America. No way to spin that fact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Theoarhics: 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2020
What about sagem and bird?
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Seyzcham91(m): 8:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
you really wanna know what happened to them OP? anyway they are in your house waiting for you in your Bed just the way your Girlfriend or Wife waits to receive your Joystick grin
victorix:
Way back in 2009/2012, a Blackberry device was on everybody's wishlist. Those Blackberry people use our eyes see pepper that year. Any small thing, "ping me!" "What's your BB pin?" People just assumed that you a BB device. Even the notification sound from BBM alone made some people feel like they have made it, Lol. Then from 2012/2013, the brand began to die. I think people moved to Android devices and iPhones. It was even after the whole Blackberry trend ended I got to use one.

There were other popular phone brands, too, that just suddenly went under the radar. What happened to these brands: HTC, Blackberry, LG, Sony, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Alcatel? I think Nokia is recently trying to pick up. Those guys made cool devices back then.

Modified: I know some of these brands still make phones, but I'm talking about market share and dominance.
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Olayetan(m): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2020
what actually killed BB is the license of BBM they sold out, it's like you selling your uniqueness to other brands, they won't patronize you anymore cux they know you aren't the only one having that feature.

if BB didn't give license to Android over BBM, we might not even know apple and android today cux many people would still want to continue to PING cux of that BBM...

I missed that device tho...

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Seyi8750: 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
For now only Samsung and iphone reigns

1 Like

Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by samwillyco1(m): 8:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
You forgot to mention Bird phone
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:26pm On Dec 09, 2020
They lacked innovations and there were overtaken by those who do
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Nairalandwizerd(m): 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ezenwa12345:
Do you investigation before posting, LG , Motorola did one of the best phone 2020 the only thing is that market is no longer coming from Nigeria because Nigeria phone market is flooded with cheap phone, like itel, tecno , infinitx , redmi
redmi no be your mate.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by dinoway(m): 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
U forgot to mention Bird
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Loner97(m): 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dracking:
They didn't follow the trend. Nokia instead of moving to android went to windows
nokia has smart andriod phones
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Osesedney: 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
Some had lost some ground in Nigeria market does nt mean dey are not super brands in the global mobile phone market....oh

You don see motorola Android crazily tech and super expensive
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by goodheart02(m): 8:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dracking:
They didn't follow the trend. Nokia instead of moving to android went to windows

They wanted to look different, but that was their greatest mistake

1 Like

Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by edoairways: 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
davillian:

The android phone you using is qwerty
So what's up
Querty keyboard.
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Shila16: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
I think the designs they made weren't trendy. For instance htc phones have almost the same look. No difference in the designs. People craved for more sleek designs which other phones have.
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Mypeople2(m): 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
NewBeijing:
Those phones are actually far beyond your regular infinix and Tecno. The costs are high and the functions are worth it. You should see a picture taken with a Sony Ericson phone
Sony Xperia 5 II
Then you'll know what a camera is
Gbam! I support your comment with a carton of wine
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by JaceBlaze: 8:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
I believe LG still produces phones.
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by Ademoore07(m): 8:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
SmartPolician:

A phone of almost $1k

Who's using this phone, please?
I dont expect the phone to be cheap because it is a 5G network support device. I just dont know why their phone main camera used to be like 12+12MP maximum and selfie 8MP despite how expensive it is.
Re: What Happened To These Popular Phone Brands? by presmarine(m): 8:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
Gone are those days

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2gb Free Data From Etisalat. / How To Deactivate/delete 2go Account / Check Out The Price Of The New Nokia 3310

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.