Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today (17929 Views)

My 33,000 Odds I Played Today With 300 Naira To Win 13 Million Naira / Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows / The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by veraiyke(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2020
Gbest90:
See, as a proud black man, I totally stand against racism.

But to be honest,most blacks are beginning to take it WAY TOO FAR.

Racism is when a person is abused, maltreated or insulted, due to the colour of their skin. Like the monkey chants, a banana being thrown at Alves, kneeling on the neck of Floyd by a white police e.t.c These are examples of Racism.

But the fourth official did none of those. And the players had to walk off, cos someone was called a black guy? SMH.

Isn't it normal for a black guy to refer to a group of white friends as 'my White folks'?So what's wrong in calling a black guy, a black guy.

We should be proud of our skin colour.

We should proud to be called blacks.

But we stand against any form of maltreatment, abuse or injustice against us because we are black.

#NOT ASHAMED TO BE A BLACK
the post never mentioned they walked off simply because he was called a black guy...

1 Like

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Olatlaccon(m): 7:22am On Dec 09, 2020
I've always said it...don't envisage a solution to a problem you haven't had before... living in a black community makes us feel safe from racism...those that have suffered racism would tell you otherwise cos I've read comments here crucifying Demba Ba... being called a black man isn't a bad word cos we've heard them saying African American, black American but the N word Nigga,Negro is an abusive words to a black man no doubt...black folks just have to live with it cos it's in man nature to hate and condemn...that's why I always respect Dani Alves the guy ate the banana threw at him on the pitch...damn...but it always makes me laugh when I see a Nigerian pointing fingers at white people for being a racists...lol...we are the worst of the lot..if we were white we would be worst than white people... racism won't end the same way tribalism, bigotry, nepotism, religion differences etc won't end in Nigeria
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by TyrellObi: 7:23am On Dec 09, 2020
coolsegun2002:

Just because two blacks friends call themselves niggaa..doesn’t mean a white man they don’t know will come and do the same...u should know this...
I’ve seen two girls call each other bitch for fun.. do U think they will take it likely when a guy or another woman that’s not their friend do the same??

"Negra" means black in Spanish and some Latin related languages

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by prince2pac(m): 7:25am On Dec 09, 2020
fergie001:
Nice one.
Basaksehir to win.
. Man Utd fan, go put your chaplet for inside water

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Tonymegabush1(m): 7:26am On Dec 09, 2020
Amidst that confrontation I just noticed how powerful English language was everyone at the pitch that could speak English language was vocal, Demba ba was very eloquent in his words.

Respect English language, undecided

1 Like

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Godmademan(m): 7:35am On Dec 09, 2020
VirginSearcher:
Yes, Manchester United should be held responsible for anything racism in football history.. if u argue.. ask Rtd. Ferguson
This same fallacy is reason why many Africans hated LIVERPOOL FC. They claim the club has a no black policy. But check their history: John Barnes, Paul Once, Rigobert Song, Sinimapongol, Traore, Djibril Cisse, El Hadji Diouf, Jermaine pennant, David ngog, Glen Johnson, kolo toure, Mario Balotelli, ovie ejari, Seyi ojo, divock Origi, Joel Matip, Gomez, Trent Arnold, Mane, Salah.

If you merit it, you get the nod..simple

1 Like

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by showafrica(m): 7:36am On Dec 09, 2020
Lifeisgoody:
Not their fault. What stops we Africans from developing our own countries as theirs. Except we are deceiving ourselves, racism can not stop. It's human nature.

Even in Nigeria, we are racists. You hear IPOB, Afonja and so on. Check our intertribal collaboration/marriages with a high level of discrimination.

Racism is human nature and we must accept the fact

Thank you bros... I believe the world is wasting tine on this race thing. If someone call you black, call am yellow pawpaw. Common Fulani hate igbos like devil not to talk another color of human being. The more attention we give this race thing the worst it becomes. Na so God do am, he said if every body speak one language, the world will grow faster than her shadow, therefore he scatter the language, color etc. Na that day racism start, and e no go end.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Lifeisgoody: 7:38am On Dec 09, 2020
showafrica:

Thank you bros... I believe the world is wasting tine on this race thing. If someone call you black, call am yellow pawpaw. Common Fulani hate igbos like devil not to talk another color of human being. The more attention we give this race thing the worst it becomes.
That's way to go my brother
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Cyberl33t: 7:40am On Dec 09, 2020
styleewhyte:
The way we black play victims when the issue of racism is raised is very childish...all over Africa we call ourselves Niggas as nick names, but when a white folk says it to us....boom we start crying....

Racism is parts and parcel of life...even blacks do it to blacks...that's not to say it's a good thing..

But racism is losing its meaning completely...

Nigga was invented by the white folk.

Example... Nigerians can insult Nigeria as a country, but when an outsider dares it, you know what's coming to them.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by angelfallz(m): 7:54am On Dec 09, 2020
Gbest90:

Racism is when a person is abused, maltreated or insulted, due to the colour of their skin. Like the monkey chants, a banana being thrown at Alves, kneeling on the neck of Floyd by a white police e.t.c These are examples of Racism.

But the fourth official did none of those. And the players had to walk off, cos someone was called a black guy? SMH.

Isn't it normal for a black guy to refer to a group of white friends as 'my White folks'?So what's wrong in calling a black guy, a black guy.

But we stand against any form of maltreatment, abuse or injustice against us because we are black.

Its just victimhood mentality.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by angelfallz(m): 7:57am On Dec 09, 2020
mrkings84:
TO BE FRANK ME DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS RACISM ABOUT CALLING A BLACK PERSON BLACK.....

Asin eh! A black man feeling offended because he was called a black man. Maybe he should have been called white. This incident is basically just silly.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by angelfallz(m): 7:59am On Dec 09, 2020
fantastic1:
Who the hell told you that rascim is only when one is abused etc because of skin colour?
Now explain how calling a black man, black is racism.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Egalite: 8:00am On Dec 09, 2020
Gbest90:

If you watch the full video, you will get more insight about this issue. The assistant coach, Webo say that the 4th official refer a white guy as simply "that guy" but he refer to him as"that negro/black". Literally, that kind of description is offensive.Color is color, no color is inferior or superior. The 4th official doesn't really have to describe someone by color. At least he should have called him simply by his name

1 Like

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by angelfallz(m): 8:01am On Dec 09, 2020
gfon:
try to read well,he didn't call him a black man. He said that NIGGA.

i have read about this incident on goal.com, https://africa.espn.com/football/ and one other website. And none of them said the 4th official used the word nigger.
So i wonder where OP is getting his own info.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by angelfallz(m): 8:06am On Dec 09, 2020
Bishopp007:

It depends on what part of the continent you are and thier intention when calling you a black guy. I love my skin and am proud to be a black!...People here in western world can be mean and racist sometimes. Until you are actually in that situation outside Nigeria or Africa, you may not really understand.
I have a lots of friends back home in Naija who are found of using N and F work regularly and I never complain because they don't have ulterior motive when using those words towards me.
Most people calling you black guy here or using your skin to describe you are racist but pretending otherwise.
In my place of work here in U.S, you can't describe someone with the color of thier skin.

YOU CAN'T REALLY UNDERSTAND ANOTHER PERSON'S EXPERIENCE UNTIL YOU'VE WALKED A MILE IN THIER SHOES

Amongst the Istanbul coaching crew, was Webbo the only black man? If the answer is yes, then 4th was not wrong in identifying him with his skin colour.
Your place of would be different because at least you should know each others names. (I still have misgivings regarding how racism is handle at your work place and the US in general but that would be for another day)
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by angelfallz(m): 8:06am On Dec 09, 2020
Splitmind:
Utter rubbish, I swear what counts as racist is being seriously watered down. People will bitch and whine about someone saying the word black in a Latin language but ignore racist attacks constantly going on in European football.

Its just unfortunate.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Bunsenbun(m): 8:08am On Dec 09, 2020
gfon:
try to read well,he didn't call him a black man. He said that NIGGA.
lol,he said negru..which is the romanian word for black.I don't understand why dembs ba overreacted. grin

1 Like

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Fianze93(m): 8:21am On Dec 09, 2020
Bunsenbun:
lol,he said negru..which is the romanian word for black.I don't understand why dembs ba overreacted. grin

Environment played a role here.

The Hausa knows the meaning of the word 'aboki' and use it themselves. A Southerner up North can use it in conversation there, and the Hausa's wouldn't blink an eye.

But, down South, where there are not many Hausa's, describing one as 'that aboki' most times would anger the Northerner (even though they might not voice out.)

Even in using it, most times, we know its cannotation is derogatory... Yet the actual word isn't.

1 Like

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Bunsenbun(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2020
Fianze93:

Environment played a role here.

The Hausa knows the meaning of the word 'aboki' and use it themselves. A Southerner up North can use it in conversation there, and the Hausa's wouldn't blink an eye.

But, down South, where there are not many Hausa's, describing one as 'that aboki' most times would anger the Northerner (even though they might not voice out.)

Even in using it, most times, we know its cannotation is derogatory... Yet the actual word isn't.
you see the problem eith generalizations?.. I know a lot of northerners who i call aboki and we even chill sometimes. Even the roadside northern hawkers dont get iffended ehen you call them aboki.When we call the europeans "oyinbo" do you think it is derogatory. The Istanbul guy overreacted.I hope he gets fined.

2 Likes

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by oluwagbenga98327: 8:25am On Dec 09, 2020
:Nice one.Basaksehir to win.in your dreams
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by YoungAncient1: 8:42am On Dec 09, 2020
Rugaria:

Your whole post is riddled with all sorts of inferiority complex. That you can call your friend an ijiot playfully in your house while playing with him doesn't mean that his name is ijiot and that he should be addressed like that even in the workplace..
did you hear what was alleged against the fourth official?

Is it not normal practice for blacks to call each other n*gga and laugh over it? But what happens when a whitie calls you n*gga?
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by coolsegun2002: 8:49am On Dec 09, 2020
TyrellObi:

"Negra" means black in Spanish and some Latin related languages

What’s ur point...??
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by etibaba(m): 8:55am On Dec 09, 2020
veraiyke:
the post never mentioned they walked off simply because he was called a black guy...
That was exactly why they walked out.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by etibaba(m): 8:57am On Dec 09, 2020
Olatlaccon:
I've always said it...don't envisage a solution to a problem you haven't had before... living in a black community makes us feel safe from racism...those that have suffered racism would tell you otherwise cos I've read comments here crucifying Demba Ba... being called a black man isn't a bad word cos we've heard them saying African American, black American but the N word Nigga,Negro is an abusive words to a black man no doubt...black folks just have to live with it cos it's in man nature to hate and condemn...that's why I always respect Dani Alves the guy ate the banana threw at him on the pitch...damn...but it always makes me laugh when I see a Nigerian pointing fingers at white people for being a racists...lol...we are the worst of the lot..if we were white we would be worst than white people... racism won't end the same way tribalism, bigotry, nepotism, religion differences etc won't end in Nigeria
Well you need to get your facts right when trying to make an argument,he never said nigga or Negro rather he said Negru (Black in Romanian) which was translated to "the black guy" don't shift the goal post please.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Idrisdocuments(m): 9:16am On Dec 09, 2020
If it was a white guy would the fourth official say the white guy he would have said that guy he is racist pure and simple

quote author=Gbest90 post=96879142]See, as a proud black man, I totally stand against racism.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by HitlerGaddafi: 9:17am On Dec 09, 2020
styleewhyte:
The way we black play victims when the issue of racism is raised is very childish...all over Africa we call ourselves Niggas as nick names, but when a white folk says it to us....boom we start crying....

Racism is parts and parcel of life...even blacks do it to blacks...that's not to say it's a good thing..

But racism is losing its meaning completely...
Honestly we blacks cry alot. The referee simply asked his assistant who should be carded and the assistant responded with "tipu negru" which from his language to English means " the black guy"

That was enough to start crying racism. We blacks are our own problem to be honest. Whats the racism in calling a black person black as an adjective? Same as saying "that tall guy" or that white guy. The ref didn't know the name of the assistant coach and " that black guy" was the best he could use to describe him.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Olatlaccon(m): 9:28am On Dec 09, 2020
etibaba:
Well you need to get your facts right when trying to make an argument,he never said nigga or Negro rather he said Negru (Black in Romanian) which was translated to "the black guy" don't shift the goal post please.
How's my comment an argument? It's an insult as perceived by black people...he might and might not know it was an insult...the 4th assistant didn't know the name of the player and he said that black guy in his language not knowing it was an insult (To a black man) it's not that we read minds now to k ow whether the guy is a racist the issue was based on the N word
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by nemynely(m): 9:38am On Dec 09, 2020
Gbest90:

Did you also consider the TONE and CONTEXT?

1 Like

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by etibaba(m): 9:42am On Dec 09, 2020
Olatlaccon:
How's my comment an argument? It's an insult as perceived by black people...he might and might not know it was an insult...the 4th assistant didn't know the name of the player and he said that black guy in his language not knowing it was an insult (To a black man) it's not that we read minds now to k ow whether the guy is a racist the issue was based on the N word
No p, but u made it sound like he literally called him a nigga.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Olatlaccon(m): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2020
etibaba:
No p, but u made it sound like he literally called him a nigga.
nah...it was the meaning in his language

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Carrick To Lead United Against Arsenal Following Rangnick's Work Visa Issues / Beijing Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony In Pictures / Anthony Joshua To Defend Title Against Jarell Miller On UCL Final Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.