Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,090 members, 7,814,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today (17935 Views)

My 33,000 Odds I Played Today With 300 Naira To Win 13 Million Naira / Eric Dier Leaves Pitch During Chelsea Match To Use The Toilet, Mourinho Follows / The Next El Clasico To Be Played In USA? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Temysteve(m): 10:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
BanevsJoker:

The referee wanted to issue a booking after an altercation, but wasn't sure who the culprit was. The 4th official identified Webo by saying the black guy. He used the Romanian word for black...negru...which of course is similar to negro. My point is, the 4th official didn't say anything even remotely racist. When you refer to a white person as Oyinbo, are you being racist?
We still on the same page bro, but what am trying to say is that, he could have avoid any further argument if he had just mention is name or probably identify him by other means. every coaches and assistant coaches have their name on whatever they put on. he could have resist the urge to shalaye.
Re: PSG-Basaksehir: UEFA Opens Investigation, Match To Be Played Today by Hermes119: 5:47am On Dec 12, 2020
ClassicMan202:

Very correct, of a truth, all those who get over-emotional over been called black are really ashamed of their colour, now tell me a white guy who will be angry for been called white?

It is because we the black race has refused to take our destinies in our hands and move our race forward, so everything black is associated with failure and backwardness, hence the need to distance themselves from the colour.

Clear example: A tall guy won't mind you referring yo him as tall guy but a short person will pick offense when called short.

Exactly

At best I can say the 4th ref was insensitive but racist,I'm not sure

Assuming it was a black ref that referred to a white guy in the midst of blacks as "that white guy" would it be considered racist

And like u said,a tall person would not be ashamed to be identified as "the tall guy" but a short person might be
Some blacks are too insecure, that's what I can take from this,we are too emotional and sensitive when it comes to race as if we are saints,we also say things that could pass as racism or ethnic bigotry.
In Igboland,if u do something stupid they would say you are behaving like an Hausa,I can bet that over 70% of Igbo's raised in Igbo speaking states have used that phrase before

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CAF Approves Enyimba Stadium For Cara Brazavile Game 29/08/2018. 5pm Live On Sst / Full Meaning Of Ga, Gf, Gd, And Mp Abbreviation In Football / Giwa FC Has Been Expelled From The NPFL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.