Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona (20228 Views)

Onyi Echegini Scores A Brace As Juventus Beat Inter Milan 2 - 0 / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Free-kick Goal As Juventus Defeat Inter Milan(Photos) / How Ronaldo Helped Juventus Beat Barca & PSG To Wonderkid De Ligt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 09, 2020
Designbuild:
The reason why Ronaldo and Messi are the greatest players of our generation is because of each other. In all honesty if there was no Ronaldo to compete with, Messi may probably have been just another skillful South American player like hundreds of others. And vice versa. Sometimes in life one enemy or rival can be more valuable than 10 friends. Your next level may just be one enemy away.
i think you are right. competition cause people to put in their best

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by sammy329(m): 8:10am On Dec 09, 2020
Penaldo angry

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Muhylonaire007: 8:10am On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
Nonsense...outshine by playing penalties.?? Football sense is warped in recent times.

The same penalty that the likes of Ciro IMMOBILE scores on a steady basis..football is gone..

Who would have played the penalty if Barca was given one?
Abi weere niyin angry grin grin grin

So we should remove penalty from football?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by seanwiIIiam: 8:12am On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
so what's special about it? Whats special about scoring 2 penalties in a match?
hater spotted

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by osusu(m): 8:12am On Dec 09, 2020
Which match is the op talking about abeg?
Certainly not the one I watched last night

7 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by bayelsaowei(m): 8:13am On Dec 09, 2020
Muhylonaire007:

I don't see penalty as anything special. Thats my point.. all the while messi was scoring penalties i never counted it as an achievement..I love to see messi get into the game, give assists and score open goals. Penalties are just penalties..with VAR now a fool can even become the highest goal scorer in any league via penalties.

Penalty is what Bruno fernandez scores every now and then..nothing special.

So whats the outshine there?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by sanity12(m): 8:13am On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
so what's special about it? Whats special about scoring 2 penalties in a match?
for every penalty scored by Ronaldo , the pain goes straight to camp nou grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by gafman222: 8:13am On Dec 09, 2020
Messi got 7 shots on target while ronaldo didn't get any shot on target aside d 2 penalties. Messi played better yesterday but Ronaldo scored 2 goals. Buffon is wicked to Messi cry grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by bayelsaowei(m): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2020
osusu:
Which match is the op talking about abeg?
Certainly not the one I watched last night
i just said football is gone completely...penalties now equates to outshining another player..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by ToluNazzal: 8:14am On Dec 09, 2020
Muhylonaire007:

So we should remove penalty from football?
The point is that Ronaldo was missing in the entire game except for when he played the penalty while Messi did the most and was the man of the match.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by bayelsaowei(m): 8:15am On Dec 09, 2020
sanity12:
for every penalty scored by Ronaldo , the pain goes straight to camp nou grin
it doesn't go anywhere...both teams qualified into the round of 16.. it didn't even affect messi in any way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by bayelsaowei(m): 8:16am On Dec 09, 2020
seanwiIIiam:
hater spotted
its not about haters. Its about how dead football is..

Penalties now determines who was prolific in a match? Its an all time low i must say..

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Denique(f): 8:17am On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
very silly headline from the OP..outshine by surfacing for penalties and staying off the radii during play.

Messi infact needs to leave barca for all this useless analysis to stop.

Heya!

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 09, 2020
Messi scored a penalty against juve and was praised, Ronaldo returning the favour and they are crying. Bunch of lunatics, messi having more penalty goals than open play goals yet they are all over this thread spewing thrash on penalty. Idiot's

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Dididrumz(m): 8:20am On Dec 09, 2020
Designbuild:

Sometimes in life one enemy or rival can be more valuable than 10 friends. Your next level may just be one enemy away.

Wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by sanity12(m): 8:21am On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
it doesn't go anywhere...both teams qualified into the round of 16.. it didn't even affect messi in any way.

Messi scored Penalty against Juventus..I am very sure it was special to u then..now Ronaldo did the same thing twice..u dey vex grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Muhylonaire007: 8:21am On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
I don't see penalty as anything special. Thats my point.. all the while messi was scoring penalties i never counted it as an achievement..I love to see messi get into the game, give assists and score open goals. Penalties are just penalties..with VAR now a fool can even become the highest goal scorer in any league via penalties.

Penalty is what Bruno fernandez scores every now and then..nothing special.

So whats the outshine there?

No one said it is special or not. The fact remains, he was on the score sheet last night and Messi wasn't.
I am not hating on any of them. As a matter of fact, it was nice seeing both of them after a long time.
That's football.... You think if penalty was awarded to Barca yesterday, Messi won't convert? Will he say "oh because its penalty, its not special, I won't play it"?

Think am well... No dey hate abeg

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Sanchez01: 8:22am On Dec 09, 2020
petux:
You clearly don't have an idea of what you're talking about. Messi was the best player on the pitch last night . Created the most chances, the most passes and shots on target. Then buffon too. Apart from the two penalties, Ronaldo was inconsequential in that team yesterday...
Apart from what? The goals? Seriously

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by shogsmania: 8:28am On Dec 09, 2020
Outshine gini,even Juventus players knows messi was man of the match last night

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Lamasta(m): 8:30am On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
Nonsense...outshine by playing penalties.?? Football sense is warped in recent times.

The same penalty that the likes of Ciro IMMOBILE scores on a steady basis..football is gone..
Is it not the same penalty Messi scored first leg
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by GentleRay: 8:35am On Dec 09, 2020
By scoring penalty goals
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by xtervaganza(m): 8:41am On Dec 09, 2020
Ronaldo scored 2 penalties but Messi played better in that match. If you think otherwise then stop watching football

Anybody can score or lose penalties

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Ihatemumu: 8:46am On Dec 09, 2020
Earthquakes:
Hehehe
He obviously outshined him just that it's from the Penalty spot
grin grin grin Where's that woman hand going to land?
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Beverlyjean(f): 8:47am On Dec 09, 2020
Messi fans will always b bitter hypocrites...thats what they are known for...they hit u and messi 3.0 at camp nou and u are here saying he played better...hu 4kin cares...he lost 3.0... who gives man of the match to someone that lost 3.0?? Delusional psychotic fans... messi's all 3 goals in the CL this season are all penalties and u guys a criticising Ronaldo's 2 penalties... messi has also scored about 6 penalties out of his 8 goals in the league this season... out of ronaldos 12 goals this season , 4 are penalties and these psychotic hypocritical messi fans don't wanna carry their very massive L ... now its no more assist, its now game play and shots on target grin grin...
U messi fans are the dumbest fans in the world grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by bayelsaowei(m): 8:49am On Dec 09, 2020
Lamasta:

Is it not the same penalty Messi scored first leg
thats why it doesn't matter...penalty is just as basic as it comes..immobile has a lot of it..same for Bruno...

How can playing penalty mean outshine?
Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by bayelsaowei(m): 8:50am On Dec 09, 2020
Muhylonaire007:

No one said it is special or not. The fact remains, he was on the score sheet last night and Messi wasn't.
I am not hating on any of them. As a matter of fact, it was nice seeing both of them after a long time.
That's football.... You think if penalty was awarded to Barca yesterday, Messi won't convert? Will he say "oh because its penalty, its not special, I won't play it"?

Think am well... No dey hate abeg
the outshine part is what I am harping on..that word doesn't fit what happened yesterday. Penalty in a match that had nothing at state apart from maybe individuals who placed bets.

Its just generic.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by bayelsaowei(m): 8:51am On Dec 09, 2020
sanity12:
Messi scored Penalty against Juventus..I am very sure it was special to u then..now Ronaldo did the same thing twice..u dey vex grin
it wasn't special..penalty against juve isn't a special feat. When did football prowess and proficiency dovetail into taking penalties? Football is really dead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Muhylonaire007: 8:54am On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
the outshine part is what I am harping on..that word doesn't fit what happened yesterday. Penalty in a match that had nothing at state apart from maybe individuals who placed bets.

Its just generic.

You know media na... They need everything to catch people's attention.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by vickydevoka(m): 9:00am On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:

Seriously. Ronaldo didn't play anything. Buh scored a penalty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by FuckThaMod: 9:04am On Dec 09, 2020
gafman222:
Messi got 7 shots on target while ronaldo didn't get any shot on target aside d 2 penalties. Messi played better yesterday but Ronaldo scored 2 goals. Buffon is wicked to Messi cry grin
CR7 had 3 shots on target get your facts right

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Outshines Messi As Juventus Beat Barcelona by Arugula: 9:06am On Dec 09, 2020
paulolee:
he didn't outshine messi bcoz barca won in all aspects of the game except the scoreboard..
messi was the best player on that pitch in all aspects bt his team keeps letting him down..
thumbs up to cr7 for those goals and its a pity dt barca finished second in dt easy group..
cr7 av won the battle, lets wait for the war next year after the draws this Friday..
am confident abt barca going far n even winning it bcoz election is next Jan, alot wud av changed b4 dt February..
messi n barca would always bounce Back bcoz dts wat champs do..
bro!!! I pray and hope so oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Super Eagles Goalie, Nwabali Honoured With Chieftaincy Title In Egbema Kingdom / Brazil 2014: No Guarantee For Keshi Yet - NFF / Thierry Henry To Visit Nigeria For Guinness Made Of Black, On 17th December 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.