Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,416 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent (21174 Views)

IMF Confirms Return Of Petrol Subsidy Under Tinubu - Daily Trust / Cracks Widen In APC Over Tinubu - Daily Trust / APC Primaries: How Odds Favour Tinubu - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by hisexcellency34: 10:05am On Dec 09, 2020
LAGOS / ABUJA – The decision by the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to dissolve all party structures at wards, states, local and zonal levels has not gone down well with party stakeholders.

The resolution, Daily Independent also gathered, was to weaken the influence of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, the national leader of the party, ahead of the 2023 general elections. Tinubu is said to be eying the presidency in 2023 even though he has not made it public.

At a meeting presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday, the APC NEC dissolved all states, zonal, and national party structures.

According to the resolution reached at the meeting, the dissolved executives at all levels will now act as caretaker committees with the mandate to produce substantive executives ahead of the election of the new executives by June 2021.

The party’s NEC also extended the tenure of the party’s Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee headed by Yobe State governor, Mai Mala Buni by six months.

Credible sources told Daily Independent that during the NEC meeting, some party members opposed the decision to dissolve all the state organs but the move was quickly shot down by the camp of the president.

Though they spoke on condition of anonymity, many leaders of the party who reacted to the issue said the decision taken by the NEC was done in bad faith and a coup against Tinubu, who enjoys the loyalty of many of the executives in different states.

A former senator, who is a chieftain of the party from the Northern part of the country, said it is unfair for the NEC to dissolve all the states excos as many of the states are peaceful.

He said the big stick should have been wielded on states where there is crisis like Ebonyi APC which has been in crisis following the defection of Governor Dave Umahi to the party.

“Ordinarily, they should not have announced a blanket dissolution of all the excos. They should have limited it to states with challenges. These people have tenure of office. Any of them can go to court to challenge the dissolution”.

The chieftain, who said the move was targeted at Tinubu, said whether the state executives are dissolved or not, Tinubu will continue to enjoy the support of APC governors nationwide.

“In their myopic thinking, the dissolution will weaken Jagaban’s base and reduce his hold on the party structures across the country. But they miss it. Most of the governors are with Tinubu will do everyand critical stakeholders who thing to retain their hold on the party”.

Another chieftain of the party from the South-West part of the country also said the move was targeted at Tinubu to weaken his political base.

According to him, it is a mystery why the APC in Lagos could be dissolved in spite of the unity it enjoys and the fact that it delivered last Saturday’s bye-election to the party.

All I know is that all the plots to demystify Asiwaju will fail in the fullness of time. They can only try, they cannot succeed. Asiwaju is not just someone you can pushover and you expect to succeed politically”, he said.

Daily Independent also gathered that some state executives may take the party to court to challenge the legality of the dissolution.

When contacted, Alhaji Tunde Balogun, state chairman of the APC in Lagos, said he is studying the decision and will soon make a pronouncement on the issue.

“I don’t have any comment for now. I just want to study what happened. After I’m done with that, then I will make my comment”, he said.
https://www.independent.ng/complaints-greet-apc-nec-dissolution-of-party-structures/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Designsking: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2020
I won't be surprise. Because everything about Nigerian politics is predictable

Abeg jare I will Design a Professional Logo or Letterhead for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Valid today. See my profile for my info

4 Likes

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by TheDestroyer: 10:08am On Dec 09, 2020
Na wah ooo, this tinubu must be really tormenting them ooo, from the flatheadedd pigs in redmud caliphate to the other regions too. The only name on their mouth is Tinubu tinubu tinubu. I blame him too though he should have spent more time being pan-yoruba instead of this pan-Nigeria nonsense. Even after he made it clear he's not interested in presidency they won't still get off his dick angry

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Vikkoh(m): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2020
Never trust a Northerner.
I'm sure Tinubu's greatest mistake was endorsing Buhari.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:08am On Dec 09, 2020
Okay
Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by capatainrambo: 10:08am On Dec 09, 2020
Everyone knows. Even the zombies themselves deep down they know.

And guess what I don't feel sorry for tinubu. He is a stupid person worse than Buhari gon gon.

Imagine the idiot putting up a video and telling people not to vote obaseki, like wtf ,? Who e be ?

And very recently his comments on end SARS protest. The lagos thief has never been on the side of the people. And now that he has become an internally displaced politician let him carry his cross.

Any of his boys left in APC, if they dare make any silly mistake, I know they will meet the same fate. Good riddiance

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by WorkTheTalk(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2020
Getting busy already with who takes over in 2023, while the system they brought in has no solutions to the current challenges in the country.

17 Likes

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Patrioticman007(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2020
Tinubu the gladiator has defeated many enemies including the GEJ the clueless & Obj the dictator. That some say he will a hat trick against PMB is a feat the world wants to see.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by brainpulse: 10:09am On Dec 09, 2020
They have come back again.

Those that can not leave without calling, dreaming and thinking about Tinubu have come again with their lies and permutations.

And everytime the man outshines them because he spent less worrying about anybody

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by seuunn: 10:10am On Dec 09, 2020
I see
Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Whiteshield: 10:10am On Dec 09, 2020
Noted
Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by globalresource: 10:10am On Dec 09, 2020
Tinubu has not learnt from previous alliance

Fulani will use and dump you

This very president is ethnic bigot and he gives no damn

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by authority2006(m): 10:11am On Dec 09, 2020
APC excos was long due for dissolution, how is that about Tinubu? Won't his people and loyalists be part of the new excos?

4 Likes

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Whiteshield: 10:11am On Dec 09, 2020
If Buhari can be a disappointment to Katsina people, why can't he be a disappointment to those who made him President?

3 Likes

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by ADUBA1(m): 10:12am On Dec 09, 2020
APC and PDP are same. They need to be given red card

3 Likes

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Keegan: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2020
God bless Tinubu.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Whiteshield: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2020
TheDestroyer:
Na wah ooo, this tinubu must be really tormenting them ooo, from the flatheadedd pigs in biafuro even to the other regions too. The only name on their mouth is Tinubu tinubu tinubu. I blame him too though he should have spent more time being pan-yoruba instead of this pan-Nigeria nonsense.

You must be referring to the kerosene drinkers club. Their mouths are always in kerosene and the only time they remove it, it is to shout Tinubu.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by kmst1: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2020
Wahala for who get bullion van grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Reference(m): 10:12am On Dec 09, 2020
It will not weaken him politically. If a new election will hold his people will still emerge. Except if the caretakers become water carriers and pawns in the hands of the feudalists.

6 Likes

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by biggy26: 10:12am On Dec 09, 2020
We need a new political party, abeg. APC don tire me.

3 Likes

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Simplebeauty: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2020
grin

grin

1 Like

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by farem: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2020
Y
Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Quelme: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2020
Tinubu this, Tinubu that. E be like say this man dey give some people sleepless night o.

In fact without Tinubu market no dey sell these days. This corn tree na wa o!

As it stands now, Tinubu may not need to campaign again for 2023, una don campaign for the man finish. Well, what do I even know?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by helinues: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2020
grin

The media can't sell without putting Tinubu's name...

Jagaban of Borgu land, slayers of Pdp and Ipob miscreants

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Jackson105: 10:14am On Dec 09, 2020
I don't think their is a day, I have not read or heard about Tinubu on this Forum.

Tinubu! Tinubu all the time, una no dey tire?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Solidconceptz(m): 10:14am On Dec 09, 2020
All these ones and their daily episode

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Akano5(m): 10:14am On Dec 09, 2020
Tinubu This Tinubu That
am really tired of this country i swear

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Whiteshield: 10:14am On Dec 09, 2020
kmst1:
Wahala for who get bullion van grin

Wahala for who dey use ponzi chop

4 Likes

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Whiteshield: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2020
Patrioticman007:
Tinubu the gladiator has defeated many enemies including the GEJ the clueless & Obj the dictator. That some say he will a hat trick against PMB is a feat the world wants to see.

Lmaoooo. Buhari is such a disappointment that in Katsina, to shout Sai Baba can get you premium beating.

3 Likes

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by TheDestroyer: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2020
Yes ooo. His greatest mistake was trusting outsiders and sacrificing yoruba interest for political gains. I'm sure he'll learn after he's betrayed
Vikkoh:
Never trust a Northerner.
I'm sure Tinubu's greatest mistake was endorsing Buhari.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC NEC Dissolution Of Structures Aimed At Weakening Tinubu - Daily Independent by Muhylonaire007: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2020
Hmmm.
Daddy Tinubu is gradually becoming irrelevant politically.
Well, he still remains the asiwaju of Lagos, except lagosians wisen up.

Baba trusted Buhari thinking 2023, they will reciprocate. The North no even wan hear TI... talk less of NUBU grin grin grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP & APC Supporters Clash In Akwa Ibom, 1 killed, Several Injured / Ministerial List : Don’t Be Fooled By Media, Wait For Announcement – APC / Obiano At The Burial Of Richard Okeke, His Deputy's Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.