Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight (84264 Views)

Rory Teasley Choked To Death By His Boyfriend Docquen Jovo Watkins (Photos) / Adekunle Gold Lifts His Wife, Simi Up After Her Show Last Night / Kate Henshaw Trains Hard At The Gym, Lifts Weight (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
A pintsized schoolgirl who can lift weights of 80kg has revealed she just 'clears her mind and does it.'

Little Rory van Ulft, seven, from Ottowa, is just four foot tall and started weightlifting just after her fifth birthday after she was scouted at a gymnastics class.

She was recently crowned USA weightlifting under-11 and under-13s Youth National Champion in the 30kg weight class, making her the youngest US youth national champion in history, with her father Cavan revealing: 'It would be fair to say Rory is the strongest little girl in the world.'

Meanwhile he insisted the unusual hobby is safe for his daughter, explaining: 'Her safety is everyone's top priority. She progresses in her training for both sports carefully and methodically.'

Cavan said: 'Based on her current Sinclair total, Rory is not only the strongest seven-year-old in the world.

'She is likely also the strongest seven-year-old girl or boy who has ever lived, for whom there are verifiable competition results.'

But Rory sees herself as a gymnast first and foremost, spending nine hours per week training on that compared with four hours on weightlifting.

After she won her first gymnastics medal - a bronze on balance beam at a local competition - she told her parents: 'I prefer gymnastics to weightlifting, because in gymnastics I don't have to lift anything over my head.'

The schoolgirl can snatch 32kg and clean and jerk 42kg as well as squatting 61kg, and deadlifting 80kg using an Olympic women's bar.

Rory explained: 'I like getting stronger. Being stronger lets me do more and get better at everything I try.

'I don't think about what came before, or what will come after. I don't think about anything. I just clear my mind and do it.'

Cavan explained: 'In terms of Rory's relative strength compared to all the national champions in the lowest girls' developmental age and weight categories, which vary from country to country. 'There is currently no one better competing.'

She also wears temporary tattoos for her shows and was flocked by young fans who recognised her because of the fake ink during a trip to DIsneyland last year. Rory said: 'I wear tattoos because I like them. I think they're cool.'

The International Weightlifting Federation measures pound-for-pound strength using Sinclair coefficients. The athlete of any body weight with the highest Sinclair total is awarded the title of best lifter.

Cavan and his wife Lindsay explained Rory's staggering Sinclair competition total of 213.738 makes her the best pound-for-pound 11-and-under lifter in the States.

Cavan and Lindsay said Rory is also the reigning Ontario Weightlifting Association 17-and-under provincial champion in the 40-kg weight class.

But she competes in the US because there isn't a Canadian youth national championship for Olympic-style lifting.

Rory added: 'I like when I make a new weight that I've never done before. I feel proud of myself.'

Her parents also say she has no current Olympic ambitions because she is so young, with Rory explaining: 'That sort of thing doesn't really matter to me.'

Rory goes to school full-time and is in third grade, equivalent to Year four in the UK with Cavan explaining: 'She is very intelligent and is able to really focus and interpret direction. 'It is one of the factors that makes her coachable at such a young age.'

She also says that kids don't bully her, but believes it's because she is well liked rather than feared for her strength. 'Other kids don't pick on me,' she said. 'But not because they think I'm strong.'

Asked how she is kept safe while lifting heavy weights, he added: 'Rory has knowledgeable coaches in both weightlifting and gymnastics.

'She has both a family doctor and a sports medicine paediatrician looking after her.'

Offering advice to other girls concerning taking up weightlifting, Rory said: 'Don't ever think about the weight. Just think about your form.'

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-9034301/Strongest-girl-world-seven-deadlift-80kg.html

Her Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/roryvanulft/?hl=en

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Jashub: 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
Blood of God shocked

243 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by starbuck(f): 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
shocked shocked shocked While my 7 years old is here chopping mama thank ma, better i show her what her mates are up grin grin

450 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Samfloxin(m): 7:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
Let me pretend that I believe

273 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Barbsamiin: 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
wow

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by DenreleDave(m): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2020
Haaaaaaa

Not new.. I was 2 years old when I broke Guinness book of record for shifting a mountain Everest from its position..

Mountain Everest was supposed to be in Nigeria but i shifted it to Asia when I was just 2 years....

grin grin grin grin grin

146 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by sylve11: 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
Seeing stuff like this one should tell you this is not a new soul. She was likely a weight lifter in her previous lives.

Nice one girl!
cool

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by GrammarNazi1(m): 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2020
What DenreleDave can't lift!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by JaneYave(f): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
Come and carry yams in Benue. Then, you will know who is the strongest.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Kiddogarcia(m): 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
Should I call her brilliany for her Sheer brute and power,but she dey try,anyway na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement

2 Likes

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Denique(f): 7:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
Her teachers and classmates should be careful around her sha. E get why.

212 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by osamz007: 8:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
starbuck:
shocked shocked shocked While my 7 years old is here chopping mama thank ma, better i show her what her mates are up grin grin

SOME 7 YEARS ARE IN THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE THEY CANNOT CHOP MAMA FOOD BE GRATEFUL

I BELIEVE U ALSO HAVE AGEMATES ON FORBES LIST

461 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Dracking(m): 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
starbuck:
I really hate when my mom was telling me that. I always leave the TV for her whenever she says that. [b][/b]so annoying

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Houseofglam7(f): 8:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
Omg shocked

1 Like

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Diffpussies(m): 9:08pm On Dec 09, 2020
cheesy

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Diffpussies(m): 9:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
osamz007:

SOME 7 YEARS ARE IN THE HOSPITAL BECAUSE THEY CANNOT CHOP MAMA FOOD BE GRATEFUL
osheeyy ,,, Motivational speaker undecided

136 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Netanya(f): 9:13pm On Dec 09, 2020
She has a great future ahead of her if managed well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Hintona(f): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
I wonder how this girl's slap will feel like.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by theFilmtric: 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2020

80kg?? ??
Its her future husband I pity sad

theFilmtricsay

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by SKhanmi: 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
80kg? How many 11yr Kids can carry a bag of cement here or even their older siblings? Hope it's not what I'm thinking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
Wow! shocked

Hope it won't stunt her growth.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Gabe427: 12:07am On Dec 10, 2020
omo this girl dey try I remember the first day I lifted 30kg dumbbells for my first workout session omo I no fit pour water bathe the next day ..

but are those tattoos on her hands

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by tillaman(m): 12:35am On Dec 10, 2020
cool
My niece is so screwed once I see her, all she does is to pick on her younger bro
She is 6 though but I think I should show her this

2 Likes

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by phenzy(m): 3:44am On Dec 10, 2020
Gabe427:
omo this girl dey try I remember the first day I lifted 30kg dumbbells for my first workout session omo I no fit pour water bathe the next day ..

but are those tattoos on her hands

No they re on her nose

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by femi4: 5:09am On Dec 10, 2020
starbuck:
That girl is a special talent

3 Likes

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Nobody: 5:13am On Dec 10, 2020
:- seriously I can't lift a bag of cement grin

1 Like

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 10, 2020
Those NAIJA PRIMARY school girls wey dey Hawk GALA and Pure water go lift that stuff.
The ones wey dey Village dey hawk Firewood go Carry that stuff wella

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by Dreyton36: 5:56am On Dec 10, 2020
Them use old body born this one be that

Lights up my kpoli in peace

5 Likes

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by illicit(m): 6:06am On Dec 10, 2020
Come to my village in Ekiti....

u will see enough
Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by adaora17901: 6:31am On Dec 10, 2020
Those NAIJA PRIMARY school girls wey dey Hawk GALA and Pure water go lift that stuff. The ones wey dey Village dey hawk Firewood go Carry that stuff wella

1 Like

Re: Rory Van: 'Strongest Girl In The World', Aged 7, Who Lifts 80kg Olympic Weight by wayne4loan: 6:37am On Dec 10, 2020
Na scam shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Decomposing Body Of Nollywood Actor Emma Buchi, Found Killed By His PA In Asaba / Olamide: 'I Sold My Soul To The Game Just To Dine With The Devil' / IcePrince's Girlfriend, Maima Goes Braless, Shows Nipples, Gets Blasted [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.