Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport (46192 Views)

Deborah Samuel's Killers Faced Camera, Bragged And Held A Matchbox – Amnesty Int / Soldiers Intercept ₦100 Million Cash Collected By Bandits As Ransom (video) / Two Nigerians Caught With $2.8m Cash At Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by martinmiller: 12:42pm On Dec 12, 2020
adeniran22890:
With the rate of money laundering going on across the country certainly Nigeria have no better future.

Infact Nigeria is in a total dis order, yet many of us don't realize yet that the country problems are severe.

And it can only become more worsen if precautions are not widely taken all across the 36 states of the federation, both the media and Nigerian leaders are all colossal failure! Nation building is not rocket science either.

Imagine the culprit wasn't nabbed at muritala int'l.

Nigerian problems are Nigerians and her solutions are right here in Nigeria.

There is no country that as ever prospered without a great leader or a Popular revolt.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by otokx(m): 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2020
Just knew it had to be them before even reading the body of the message. Nigeria is not a poor country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by pat077: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2020
joelag:
The guy for buy direct ticket to Dubai, transit is very dangerous in this kind of business.
u mean he won't be check @ the airport in dubai?
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by ndiri(m): 12:45pm On Dec 12, 2020
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by banmee(m): 12:46pm On Dec 12, 2020
Omihanifa:
He's most likely a Northern ( no disrespect)

Lol...he makes a tribalistic comment and says "no disrespect". Funny as phuck.... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by BananaPeel(m): 12:51pm On Dec 12, 2020
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Connoisseur(m): 12:52pm On Dec 12, 2020
The Nigerian government policies will make a criminal out of a legitimate businessman.

Since it became extremely difficult to transfer dollars legitimately using the banks, BDC operators are most times (especially when dollar is high) ferry cash out of Nigeria to settle customers obligations abroad. Dubai is a popular destination for these kind of businesses.

If the situation was ideal, no one would think of moving such amount in cash
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by pfadom: 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2020
mariahAngel:

Innocent until proven guilty.

Do you insinuate the money was not found on him or it is legitimate to carry such amount of cash?
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Omoslim26: 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2020
Karlovich:
Somehow they were able to bypass Immigration officials at Nigerian airports. It seems Flora Shaw and Lord Lugard placed a curse that Nigerian government institutions will continue to be a disgrace worldwide.

This is the first time i will be liking your comment

you see how intelligent you sound without your regular tribal banter and rancor
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Omoslim26: 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2020
ndiri:
.... which state and tribe in Nigeria, name and tribal shakers come and help us

mehn condemn the Crime and quit been petty
wats his tribe got to do with his decision to be a criminal
or are you saying any particular tribe is exempted from Crime?
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by SenecaTheYonger: 1:01pm On Dec 12, 2020
Lol why are they stopping Boko Haram funding? They will be angry ohh.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by EmmyOD(m): 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
Why taking such risks just to move that little money ? Money that is less than just 70 BTC that you can move to your county of choice leaving no trace with a fee of less than 5 thousand dollars !
Contact me on 0808 442 5759 to move your confidential funds from a foreign country to Nigerian bank accounts using BTC ENCRYPTED FUND TRANSFER which leaves no path race for financial intelligence spies.
:
Our service is to help companies and individuals move confidential funds from foreign countries to Nigerian bank accounts using bitcoins.
:
Contact us today and thank me later. Remember we have physical office in Enugu in case you want to see me face to face but note, you must convince us that the funds are not ill gotten wealth.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by talktrue1234: 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2020
And some people will be blaming endsars for the poor economy, thieves in power
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2020
MyGeneration:
There's dollar scarcity they said. But they still steal.

Kenya has no right to that money cause he only passed through a connecting flight nothing more
Nigeria is a weak country, Nigerian government suppose to request for extradition of such persons, if na China, UK, Dubai or US or any sane clime, Sharp sharp they for return but Nigeria na stupid country nobody dey respect the country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by UKBobo(m): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2020
Not surprised he left a Naija airport - you can carry cocaine in see-through bag through customs provided you give Umar a small dollerage envelope. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by 1972xy: 1:22pm On Dec 12, 2020
officialsaw01:
Boko Haram money .
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by NdigboWorldwide: 1:36pm On Dec 12, 2020
If you declare your money, you will not have such encounter.
I do move money from EU to some country that is very difficult to do telex transfers, I declear the money and backed with full business documents, and you get your pass with no hassle.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by shiwex: 1:53pm On Dec 12, 2020
mariahAngel:

Innocent until proven guilty.
You're stupid.......if he were to be innocent, he will have declared the money.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Nnannapat(m): 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2020
That money will definitely come from Kano, it is meant for Money Exchange shops in Dubai.
These cartels that are based in Kano will mop up the few available forex in the CBN with the help of their collaborators in the apex bank, then move them straight to Dubai where they will sit down and relax, then wait for legitimate forex seekers from Nigeria to rip off.

An average BDC agent in Kano owns over 100 BDC accounts with the CBN using multiple fronts, they equally have thousands of Debit cards that they use to to withdraw from ATMs and POS all over the UAE.

Ironically they all have one thing in common,they are mostly from Kano.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Reference(m): 1:58pm On Dec 12, 2020
Macphenson:

Just hold #200 at hand when you get to our airport and you will pass every check with ease.

The last time I was in MMIA, I told my cousin it is very easy to move drugs in Nigerian airport. The customs will even help you and carry your load if you grease their arm well.

That is why our borders have to be shut completely with the attendant economic gravity on Nigeria at a time of recession and the truncating of trade via the ports already gridlocked....simply because of just a few items weapons, rice, etc, we lock up the 'baby with the bath water'..... or should I say shoot ourselves in the foot with the rifle of a border patrol man.... By so doing so we admit our institutions are failed and there is nothing we can do about them.

If we have to shut our borders because we cannot effectively man them then we might as well scrap the NCS and spend the money elsewhere on more productive institutions and like Trump proposed, just build a wall.

I call it the traffic-light syndrome to describe the often unworkable system of the Nigerian State whereby you installed a traffic light and still employ a warden because it will not be obeyed so society loses both ways.

This country is just impossible.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Jonathan39: 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2020
Sorry, looting has a tribe and we all know. Northerners destroyed Nigeria. From Abacha to the past Criminals from the North. Nigeria would have been a great country without the North. They mismanaged the Money coming from South andd that is why we are at this point today
Coronabirus:
I'm a Northerner, looting have no tribe. I also sense that he's a Northerner by looking at the clothes parked in the bag(shadda).
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by lkillbrokehoes: 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2020
Goalnaldo:
A wise thief would have converted it to crypto currency but it seems God keep taking away their wisdom and thinking ability in other for them to be apprehended.
I'm telling you, there are others doing it without being caught, the thief doesn't have sense
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Ykc2(m): 2:23pm On Dec 12, 2020
oz4real83:
it it the "poor masses" that defend these criminals ahen u meet them online. May God purge and save this nation.
i want kenyan government to forfeit the money ,how many times did our custom officers caught a Kenyan in Nigeria with dollars
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by frog12: 2:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
BY THE NAME , na northerner. wetin he wan go buy for there. DIS NA their time to spend treasury as they like.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by joelag: 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2020
pat077:
u mean he won't be check @ the airport in dubai?

Let that be our problem, if you have anything above $200k to move out, kindly contact us.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by ruggedtimi(m): 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2020
Nigeria embassy in Kenya go put call through no worry
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Blackdisciple(m): 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2020
.The seized cash is believed to be from International Criminal Cartel."

Abeg man no fit hold money again
they will not give him back
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by planetx: 3:13pm On Dec 12, 2020
EmmyOD:
Why taking such risks just to move that little money ? Money that is less than just 70 BTC that you can move to your county of choice leaving no trace with a fee of less than 5 thousand dollars !
Contact me on 0808 442 5759 to move your confidential funds from a foreign country to Nigerian bank accounts using BTC ENCRYPTED FUND TRANSFER which leaves no path race for financial intelligence spies.
:
Our service is to help companies and individuals move confidential funds from foreign countries to Nigerian bank accounts using bitcoins.
:
Contact us today and thank me later. Remember we have physical office in Enugu in case you want to see me face to face but note, you must convince us that the funds are not ill gotten wealth.
Who in their right mind would contact some anonymous stranger on NL to move their funds.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by handiriwamadi(m): 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2020
Youngblogger:

Source : https://yawabase.com/money-laundering-nigeria-man-caught-with-a-whooping-sum-of-n454-million-cash-at-jomo-kenyatta-international-airport/

Do we even have immigration in Nigeria? too much bribe will not allow them to see the criminal.
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by bigfish3k: 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
Na these northerners dey steal our money
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Cousin9999: 3:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
Must be nice. Dang. lol
Re: Nigerian Man Caught With N454 Million Cash At Jomo Kenyatta Int-airport by Originalsly: 3:28pm On Dec 12, 2020
joelag:

The guy for buy direct ticket to Dubai, transit is very dangerous in this kind of business.

Flights directly from Nigeria will be scrutinized for everything. Not from Kenya. Either proceeds from drugs or loot from politicians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

22-Year-Old Man Chained Behind A Mosque In Kwali, FCT. Reunites With Family / Dead Body Found Floating In Aba After Heavy Rainfall. Graphic Photos / Franca Asemota Extradited To UK For Girls Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.