Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road (32240 Views)

Man In This Crashed Car Was Driving To The Venue Of His Suprised 50th Birthday / Pictures Of Port Harcourt International Airport / The Interior Of The Port Harcourt International Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by Confirmedzombie: 10:23pm On Dec 24, 2020
Amaechi built all this roads and stadium and not wike. Wike has done nothing in Rivers state.

After 2023, wike will face justice at the ICC for the murder of igbos at obigbo.

Wike will never escape justice
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by ogmask: 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2020
idahme:

Assuming your assertions are correct who will you hold responsible for non compliance to the terms of contract?
In Wike's regime have you seen any of his project not executed? The guy will eat you raw. So blame the Governor who was in power who allowed his cronies to loot the state dry.

Bro am not talking of non execution but failed work. Many of wikes work have failed and are still failing. Go see the rubbish Berger is doing at artillery they call drainage. The slabs are so disjointed that you'd not pass it for a local masons job. The said obirikwere/aluu/airport road was completed exactly as it is today. What anyone should celebrate is greater portharcourt and the nice piece of work amaechi started on this same road close to the airport wgich wike never touched talk Less of completing the work.
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by ogmask: 10:27pm On Dec 24, 2020
erico2k2:

This is true, however, he could have chosen not to do anything about it, but to be honest this road makes it so easy to go to the airport and added value to the community cos Land along that road are not N10m per plot!

2.5m per plot. My company just bought some plots immediately after the check point.
The point would have been valid if he had mentioned the bridge that leads to the road. Can you even imagine that wike only resurfaced that road without touching the greater portharcourt road network the previous admin started?
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by Kayrich(m): 11:25pm On Dec 24, 2020
3 of the pictures shows the international airport itself which was reabilitated by the federal government. Abi na wike reabilitated am?
One picture shows a road which not sure it's the airport road. I know the road very well starting from igrwuita junction.
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by stepaside2: 1:45am On Dec 25, 2020
If focus was on the road to the airport, then fine. If you are talking about the International Airport itself, you didn't complete the story. You branched off into the local airport which has been there for long and currently being renovated. The new International airport is further down that road you turned left from. It is a piece to behold. Built by CECCC as one of those magnificent 4 around the country started by GEJ and completed by PMB. Pls return there and bring pictures and video to your readers.
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by Solsix(m): 2:40am On Dec 25, 2020
jedisco:
We should stop celebrating Governors for building roads and bridges or paying salaries in this country. It shows we have been bastardised so much that we now see basic necessities as luxury.
Smaller coutries have moved past this decades ago. Those are the most basic reasons why they were elected. They are paid to do this.

If we continue this way, we would never move forward
Apc govt is celebrating availability of fuel

1 Like

Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by seguno2: 4:10am On Dec 25, 2020
isthatso:
My friend we are not moving forward. Those who have plans to move forward have either left the country or joined the looting bandwagon while sending their families abroad. Sit down there and be thinking govt has any sincere intention to move the country forward.

So what is the end point
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by deepwater(f): 4:13am On Dec 25, 2020
NEWSREPORT:
This is a trip to Port Harcourt international airport through the brand new airport road. We tour the new international terminal. Quite massive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojlP8sRB8aE

That is not the International wing sir
You should not have branched into the toll lane on the left.
Just keep going straight then you will see the International airport
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by deepwater(f): 4:17am On Dec 25, 2020
Iko5000:
this looks more like a local than an international . The control tower looks like it's part of the terminal . Are we still building this type of old style airports

That was the local airport not the international airport
Op does not know that the airport has 2 terminals

2 Likes

Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by Emotionss: 5:37am On Dec 25, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Emekus92:

The illiteracy of the people is too high... Common Human Rights they don't know

95% of Nigerians are sooo used to hardship,poverty and hopelessness that the see Normal amenities of life as big testimonies.

Imagine people celebrating payment of salaries, construction of public toilet and Road construction. Some even celebrate 10hrs electricity a day.

Until we realize that our elected officials are nothing but PUBLIC SERVANT put in place to do our biddings, our politicians will continue to take advantage of the masses.
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by seanwilliam(m): 6:16am On Dec 25, 2020
isthatso:

My friend we are not moving forward. Those who have plans to move forward have either left the country or joined the looting bandwagon while sending their families abroad. Sit down there and be thinking govt has any sincere intention to move the country forward.
you have comprehension problem
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by Lawsimon(m): 8:53am On Dec 25, 2020
EkelediliBuhari:
What about the bad spot at SARS junction

That place is horrendous...

You can see very well bro.

May be he became blind before he got there

That place on this same Airport road is terrible
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by Androidking: 9:47am On Dec 25, 2020
Airport where are the aeroplanes please , is this just a standard car park??
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by erico2k2(m): 10:07am On Dec 25, 2020
ogmask:

2.5m per plot. My company just bought some plots immediately after the check point.
The point would have been valid if he had mentioned the bridge that leads to the road. Can you even imagine that wike only resurfaced that road without touching the greater portharcourt road network the previous admin started?
2.5m what part of the road? we talking the dual carriage from the flyover to the airport there ain't no bridge on any part of that road once you leave the east west road part or are you talking somewhere else?
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by erico2k2(m): 10:12am On Dec 25, 2020
Androidking:
Airport where are the aeroplanes please , is this just a standard car park??
Bro relax is obvious U ain't got a clue, we fly direct from Europe and America to this airport via Luftansa, KLM, Air France, Ethiopia air
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by erico2k2(m): 10:13am On Dec 25, 2020
Lawsimon:

You can see very well bro.

May be he became blind before he got there

That place on this same Airport road is terrible
Do you have to pass Sars road to go to the Airport if you are coming from the fly over?
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by erico2k2(m): 10:14am On Dec 25, 2020
deepwater:

That is not the International wing sir
You should not have branched into the toll lane on the left.
Just keep going straight then you will see the International airport
hence I asked him if the airport was working cos last I checked the Int airport was closed
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by erico2k2(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Amaechi built all this roads and stadium and not wike. Wike has done nothing in Rivers state.

After 2023, wike will face justice at the ICC for the murder of igbos at obigbo.

Wike will never escape justice
Are u in rivers?
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by erico2k2(m): 10:16am On Dec 25, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
I think that road preceded Wike’s administration. Meanwhile, majority of travelers still prefer to go through Igwurita because that airport road is very lonely and scary especially in the late evening or night. You don’t want to end up in the den of ALuu monsters.

/
Its not anymore, there is full street light up to the airport gate.and that road is opening now, my house is off it.
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by cardiorap: 10:34am On Dec 25, 2020
You call this road brand new? The same road that was previously abandoned due to substandard work. Governor Wike's administration reconstructed the road no doubt, but same road has been patched severally. Last year around this time, they had just finished patching a lot of potholes on that road.

At the moment, there's a death trap on that same road, at the point where it connects with SARS Road. I wonder why you skipped that part in your video. The pothole there has turned to a pit and any commuter that doesn't know and their vehicles enter that pit, is a goner.
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by Desiderius(m): 11:29am On Dec 25, 2020
Yeah the road leading to the airport is damn good,,but this here is the old international airport its now for local I think so,,you need to drive further KM away to the new international airport,Last year i was there,The few KM to the new airport the road wasn't tarred I wondered why when the airport was already functioning
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by ogmask: 11:51am On Dec 25, 2020
erico2k2:

2.5m what part of the road? we talking the dual carriage from the flyover to the airport there ain't no bridge on any part of that road once you leave the east west road part or are you talking somewhere else?

Towards the airport end you will see the erected pillars and foundation work of the bridges and numerous connecting roads. They are there you can't miss it. It is part of the greater Portharcourt master plan.
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by simeoneh: 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2020
majamajic:
Nice

Chukwuwike is working !

You are looking for trouble lowkey.
The man talk say him no be Igbo naa
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by majamajic(m): 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2020
simeoneh:

You are looking for trouble lowkey.
The man talk say him no be Igbo naa

He know nothing about his origin
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by erico2k2(m): 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2020
ogmask:

Towards the airport end you will see the erected pillars and foundation work of the bridges and numerous connecting roads. They are there you can't miss it. It is part of the greater Portharcourt master plan.
you talking fly overs. I know the ones you mean. but to do that it will mean constructing a new cross road. but if I may ask you to where??
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by erico2k2(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2020
cardiorap:
You call this road brand new? The same road that was previously abandoned due to substandard work. Governor Wike's administration reconstructed the road no doubt, but same road has been patched severally. Last year around this time, they had just finished patching a lot of potholes on that road.

At the moment, there's a death trap on that same road, at the point where it connects with SARS Road. I wonder why you skipped that part in your video. The pothole there has turned to a pit and any commuter that doesn't know and their vehicles enter that pit, is a goner.
bro dars Rd is sars Road. its not part of the obirikwere rd
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by cardiorap: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2020
erico2k2:

bro dars Rd is sars Road. its not part of the obirikwere rd

You probably don't know that place or maybe you don't understand me.

The point of intersection between both road, on Obiri Ikwerre (New Airport Road), the slow (service) lane has a pit currently, except it was fixed this morning, because as at last night when I passed there, it was still there.

This is not the first time. That place has been patched before. From my house to that place is less than 8KM.
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by dbonks(m): 2:41pm On Dec 25, 2020
[quote author=ogmask post=97395741]This kind of skewed journalism is h6 we are where we are. I believe you joined this road thru the obirikwere bridge.
This road was initially constructed along side th obirikwere bridge when wike was chief of staff to amaechi. He wike was fully involved thru his cronies in the initial work which failed within a few years but 5he bridge that was giving to a foreign concern stands till thi day and it's a beautiful piece of work.
When wike came in as gov he reworked the road which he had eaten a large chunk of the money before.
Next time either you report or you keep shut.

My brother why don't you just type nice and pass, or better still just skip the news, why are you saying Amaechi awarded this road through Wike, when you know Ameachi never awarded that side of the Boulevard, rather focused on the other side leading to Location, Ameachi only wanted to construct the fly over interchange, which he only did....get your facts right, the Governor that awarded and started that road, but never completed it was government before Amaechi.
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by dbonks(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
EkelediliBuhari:
What about the bad spot at SARS junction

That place is horrendous...

Is been a long time you travelled that road, it was erosion that destroyed that part, due to poor and shabby work done by the contractor, and it was immediately fixed after the raining season, and there are so many bye-pass through that spot.
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by EkelediliBuhari: 3:08pm On Dec 25, 2020
dbonks:

Is been a long time you travelled that road, it was erosion that destroyed that part, due to poor and shabby work done by the contractor, and it was immediately fixed after the raining season, and there are so many bye-pass through that spot.

Check again
I frequent there
Passed there today
Re: Driving To Port Harcourt International Airport Via The Int'l Airport Road by ogmask: 3:35pm On Dec 25, 2020
erico2k2:

you talking fly overs. I know the ones you mean. but to do that it will mean constructing a new cross road. but if I may ask you to where??

It is part of the expanded greater portharcourt plan. Remember the idea behind greater portharcourt was to dicongest the cuty centre. The vast bush area you see around the airport have toads criss crossing them on paper.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema / Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time / 2 Reportedly Killed As Nigerian Mass Transit Train Divide On Motion - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.