Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema (32075 Views)

NAMA Explains Why Some Airlines Are Avoiding Nigeria’s Airspace / Airpeace: Onyema On Board As Flight Attendant In Training (Video, Photo) / Major Blow For Foreign Airlines As FG Shuts Abuja, Lagos Airport In A Few Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by ryloy: 8:48pm On Apr 09
All of a sudden, other airlines are underpricing, and the plan is to take Air Peace out. If they succeed, Nigerians will pay 20 times over.

- Allen Onyema

116 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by mrvitalis(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09
ryloy:
All of a sudden, other airlines are underpricing, and the plan is to take Air Peace out. If they succeed, Nigerians will pay 20 times over.

- Allen Onyema

https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1777780069349396775
Oga it's business compete or fold

145 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by helinues: 8:51pm On Apr 09
Toh

Next time, don't start what you can't finish.

Sebi some people dey talk say Air peace consulting other airlines na nonsense.

Oya now. Let the flight fee continues, win win for the travellers

146 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by LegendHero(m): 8:51pm On Apr 09
The government needs to find a way to step in to help.

Either we also flood the market with multiple Nigeria airlines flying that route so they too can gang up, or government find a way to support Airpeace one way or the other.

I’m sure when these foreign airline success and Airpeace run out of capacity to deliver, they will increase the price back and we go back to square one.

375 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by ryloy: 8:52pm On Apr 09
Yes, that is how businesses work, Competition is good for Nigerians

88 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by helinues: 8:52pm On Apr 09
LegendHero:

Either we also flood the market with multiple Nigeria airlines flying that route so they too can gang up, or government find a way to support Airpeace one way or the other.

I’m sure when these foreign airline success and Airpeace run out of capacity to deliver, they will increase the price back and we go back to square one.

Is it Chinese that are aiding the foreign airlines to be forming monopoly in Nigeria?

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by agabusta: 8:53pm On Apr 09
It's good we have Airpeace competing with the foreign airlines.

But Airpeace should man up and stop all this victimhood.

135 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by LegendHero(m): 8:53pm On Apr 09
helinues:
Toh

Next time, don't start what you can't finish.

Sebi some people dey talk say Air peace consulting other airlines na nonsense.

Okay now

You are also right about this.

But I think Aipeace is bold for pushing it through without consulting them. He wouldn’t have been able to slash that price that much if he indeed consulted them..

Actions bring consequences. But I think he should have done a market research to see the effect of his action. So like that, he will have his checkup plan to counter these big airlines.

Government should step in and find a way to support one way or the other.

It is a win-win situation for Nigerians either way.

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by ryloy: 8:54pm On Apr 09
LegendHero:

No way... other countries will do the same against Nigeria airlines

8 Likes

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Slytiger: 8:54pm On Apr 09
Welcome to the 21st century capitalist world. The bigger fishes always try to swallow the smaller fishes.

123 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by helinues: 8:54pm On Apr 09
LegendHero:

You are also right about this.

But I think Aipeace is bold for pushing it through without consulting them. He wouldn’t have been able to slash that price that much if he indeed consults.

But I think he should have done a market research to see the effect of his action. So like that, he will have his checkup plan to counter these big airlines.

Government should step in and find a way to support one way or the other.

It is a win-win situation for Nigerians either way.

Bro, the foreign airlines have been running like a cabal in the Nigeria aviation industry, to break them , one needs to blend along, know their weakness before exploding.

Air peace wasn't patience at all, they just want to do everything gra gra

59 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by DeLaRue: 8:54pm On Apr 09
The Nigerian market has been so lucrative for foreign airlines for so many years, they'll even price at a loss in order to get rid of Airpeace.

Nigerians should keep flying Airpeace.

People should realise that if our economy improve massively in the coming years, Nigeria will become the biggest aviation market in Africa.

Foreign airlines know this so they will play a patient game.

They also know they can afford to make loses on the route because they have deep pockets. Airpeace may mot be able to match them if the prices go too low.

We need like 2 more Nigerian airlines to get into the Lagos - London fray. Local airlines with very deep pockets to challenge the foreign airlines.

Mr Dangote...are you not interested

128 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by LegendHero(m): 8:55pm On Apr 09
helinues:

Is it Chinese that are aiding the foreign airlines to be forming monopoly in Nigeria?

I don’t understand your question quite well.

Are you asking “who is financing the foreign airlines to be in business?”

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Paraman: 8:55pm On Apr 09
The government must find a way to support Air Peace

29 Likes

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by helinues: 8:55pm On Apr 09
LegendHero:

I don’t understand your question quite well.

Are you asking “who is financing the foreign airlines to be in business?”

My point is, the foreign airlines are pulling strings in Nigeria aviation through Nigerians

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Slytiger: 8:57pm On Apr 09
Silentnite23:
How come they didn't bring down their prices before until Airpeace did it. Some people are wicked.
It's business. Nothing else. It happens all over the world.

E.g. A new mobile phone company comes in and offers cheaper prices, a bigger one like Verizon or T-Mobile offers either under priced them in the same market for a period, or even buys them out completely. It's a dog eat dog world. It happens in all industries that you can think of.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by LegendHero(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09
helinues:

Bro, the foreign airlines have been running like a cabal in the Nigeria aviation industry, to break them , one needs to blend along, know their weakness before exploding.

Air peace wasn't patience at all, they just want to do everything gra gra

Okay let’s paint a scenario.

—If foreign airline charges $2k for London route.

—Then Airpeace go to meet them and say, I want to start this route and charge $1k. What do you think will be their response?

They won’t agree and might say, no let’s do $1900 and Airpeace agrees, how does that favor Nigerians?

—Now Airpeace did it to $1k for example and those airline decreased their to $800. So at this point even if they come together to agree on a price, I am sure it will find a middle level of $1500.

Is it not a win win for Nigeria with Airpeace steps?

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by IbnB: 8:57pm On Apr 09
ryloy:

- Allen Onyema

https://twitter.com/channelstv/status/1777780069349396775

don't be a crybaby dude play the game like a man

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by LegendHero(m): 8:59pm On Apr 09
IbnB:

don't be a crybaby dude play the game like a man

That dude cannot play the game with them. They have more financial muscle.

Infact No Nigeria airline will be able to play that game. Maybe if Dangote has an airline shar, he will compete.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by muhammaduyusufu: 9:00pm On Apr 09
AirPeace might need to start cutting down on its quality of service. These guys have very very very deep pockets. They can afford to take a loss on that route for a few years while getting that money from other routes they fly to from a different country.

121 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by helinues: 9:00pm On Apr 09
LegendHero:

—Then Airpeace go to meet them and say, I want to start this route and charge $1k. What do you think will be their response?

They won’t agree and might say, no let’s do $1900 and Airpeace agrees, how does that favor Nigerians?

—Now Airpeace did it to $1k for example and those airline decreased their to $800. So at this point even if they come together to agree on a price, I am sure it will find a middle level of $1500.

The airliners are competitors not enemies. There are several ways Air peace could have gone about it.

Those foreign airlines also have a way of reaching out to each other. How did all of them just dropped their price if not that they might have consulted each other

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by garfield1: 9:01pm On Apr 09
mrvitalis:

Oga it's business compete or fold

How can you utter such

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by LegendHero(m): 9:01pm On Apr 09
helinues:

My point is, the foreign airlines are pulling strings in Nigeria aviation through Nigerians

Mmm another angle. But they are using their foreign muscle.

You have a point about Airpeace consulting them but I lean more to Airpeace not consulting them as better for me as a Nigerian customer.

If not that Dangote refinery will buy crude at foreign regulated price, they would have frustrated him out of his refinery business too by lowering the price and making sure we continue to import cheaper oil.

If Dangote sells for 650naira, they make theirs lower to like 400 even at normal rate and frustrate him out.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by muhammaduyusufu: 9:01pm On Apr 09
garfield1:

How can you utter such
He said the bitter truth though.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by garfield1: 9:03pm On Apr 09
muhammaduyusufu:

He said the bitter truth though.

He is always pro SE

7 Likes

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by LegendHero(m): 9:03pm On Apr 09
helinues:

The airliners are competitors not enemies. There are several ways Air peace could have gone about it.

Those foreign airlines also have a way of reaching out to each other. How did all of them just dropped their price if not that they might have consulted each other

I see your angle. You’re talking through Airpeace and I am talking through the final consumer.

But I think the only mistake Airpeace made was that “They did not do end-to-end research of the effect of their strategy.

Let’s see how they go about this.

10 Likes

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by ryloy: 9:03pm On Apr 09
LegendHero:

That dude cannot play the game with them. They have more financial muscle.

Infact No Nigeria airline will be able to play that game. Maybe if Dangote has an airline shar, he will compete.

No single rich man among top 100 world billionaires owns airline..... you know why?

6 Likes

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by helinues: 9:04pm On Apr 09
LegendHero:

Mmm another angle. But they are using their foreign muscle.

You have a point about Airpeace consulting them but I lean more to Airpeace not consulting them as better for me as a Nigerian customer.

If not that Dangote refinery will buy crude at foreign regulated price, they would have frustrated him out of his refinery business too by lowering the price and making sure we continue to import cheaper oil.

If Dangote sells for 650naira, they make theirs lower to like 400 even at normal rate and frustrate him out.

In business, you put the prosperity of your business first before the consumers..

Air peace should have known from the start that they can't compete with those foreign airlines whether monetarily or by connection, why starting something can't finish when him no be Finidi George?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by LegendHero(m): 9:05pm On Apr 09
ryloy:

No single rich man among top 100 world billionaires owns airline..... you know why?

You’re right but I’ve never thought about that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by DeLaRue: 9:05pm On Apr 09
Paraman:
The government must find a way to support Air Peace

The only way they can do so meaningfully is by subsidising tickets.

That'll be politically impossible.

You can't deny Okada man fuel subsidy and turn round to subsidise millionaires travelling abroad.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema by Koralords: 9:05pm On Apr 09
LegendHero:

Na nonsense that one dey talk

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Eye-Witness Account Of DANA Plane Crash: Like A Movie / Lady And Her Friend Unscathed After Their Car Somersaulted Severally (pictures) / Wike Has Completed GRA Junction Flyover Port Harcourt: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.