Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

POUNDED YAM: King Of All Foods. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / POUNDED YAM: King Of All Foods. (489 Views)

See The Pounded Yam And Egusi Soup I Ate In Rome / What Even Is This Mess - Caucasian Man Rejects His Nigerian Wife’s Pounded Yam / Lady Wins Pounded Yam Eating Competition In Ekiti (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

POUNDED YAM: King Of All Foods. by alawiiyeyoruba: 1:18pm On Dec 10, 2020
Pounded yam (Iyán) is considered as the king of all foods because of its many outstanding characteristics ranging from how it’s been prepared to the palatable & pleasurable feeling it gives when consumed hence the popular saying “Iyán ni ọba oúnjẹ”. Pounded yam being a common food among the Yorubas and popularly called Iyán in the Yoruba language is a whitish/creamy looking food gotten from pounding of yam, the delicacy is a gooey dough-like textured food which is conventionally prepared by pounding/beating the boiled yams in a mortal with a pestle. Pounded yam........ read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/pounded-yam-more-than-a-food-to-the-yorubas/

1 Like

Re: POUNDED YAM: King Of All Foods. by Antoniosmile: 5:45pm On Dec 10, 2020
Pounded yam, the food of the land
Re: POUNDED YAM: King Of All Foods. by meobizy(f): 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2020
I prefer loi loi. Maybe it’s because I came across the food later in life. Pounded yam can’t hold someone’s appetite for six straight hours.
Re: POUNDED YAM: King Of All Foods. by alawiiyeyoruba: 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2020
Antoniosmile:
Pounded yam, the food of the land

As in ehn, Food so good.
Re: POUNDED YAM: King Of All Foods. by alawiiyeyoruba: 6:10pm On Dec 10, 2020
meobizy:
I prefer loi loi. Maybe it’s because I came across the food later in life. Pounded yam can’t hold someone’s appetite for six straight hours.

lol, but many persons also claimed that the food is too heavy that they can't even eat it in the morning. Moi moi is also cool but I think I prefer the king of all foods to it wink wink wink

(1) (Reply)

Creamy Meaty Fillings Shawarma / The Benefits Of Manuka Honey / One Paint Bucket Of Garri Ijebu Is Now N1,700

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.