Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms (10073 Views)

Broiler Chickens Available For Sale At Ryeofarms / Exotic Rabbits @ Ryeofarms,abeokuta / Dayold Chicks( Cockreal,broilers,noilers,ducks,pullet And Turkey.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2021
SILVER APPLEYARD DUCKS:-The Silver Appleyard is a British breed of domestic duck.It was bred in the first half of the twentieth century by Reginald Appleyard, with the aim of creating a dual-purpose breed that would provide both a good quantity of meat and plenty of eggs. The Silver Appleyard is a "large, sturdily built duck" with a "blocky" physique and a prominent breast. When full grown it weighs between six and eight pounds. Drakes of this breed have a yellow or greenish-coloured bill which sometimes takes on a striated appearance when the duck is older. The drake has a chestnut red breast, flank, sides, and shoulders with white "frosting and lacing" and a "creamy or silvery white" underside. Drakes' wings are grey and white with a cross-stripe of bright blue. Their tail feathers are a dark bronze colour. Feet and legs are orange.
You can also contact us today to get yours
#Domestic_animals #Ryeopedia #Ryeofarms

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2021
Also in reference to Ryeo’s Farm anniversary we are presently running a promo sales on our major farm product “DUCKS” effective from now till 30th of September
Offer:
-for every 10 birds you buy you get one free (meaning if you pay for 10 you get 1 free),
Trust me you don’t want to miss this..
You can reach us on 07054235931/08026496089
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
Benefits of ducks

-As a source of meat
Do you know?! That Duck meat is an excellent source of protein and protein keeps us healthy by building and repairing our muscles, skin and blood tissues. Duck meat is an excellent source of iron, providing 50% of the iron we need in a day. Iron helps make healthy blood that flows through our bodies, giving us energy and making us grow. It is considered red meat � just like beef as there is little/no difference in terms of looks and taste

-As a source of eggs
Did you know that a duck (depending on the breed) is capable of laying up to 350 eggs per year compared to that of chickens around 250 per year.
Duck eggs are a larger than large-sized chicken eggs. With a yoke twice bigger than that of a chicken. They're also an excellent source of protein, fat, and a wide range of vitamins and minerals.

-As a pet/free range livestock
They help to keep weeds and grasses in check.
They are hardy (low mortality rate compared to chickens) and require less cost of maintenance compared to chickens and lots more other benefits

So what are you still waiting for?! Contact Ryeofarms today to get yours

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 4:09pm On Sep 27, 2021
The foreign ducks are still very much available and they’ve started laying

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by Christistruth00: 7:54pm On Sep 27, 2021
RYEOFARMS:
SILVER APPLEYARD DUCKS:-The Silver Appleyard is a British breed of domestic duck.It was bred in the first half of the twentieth century by Reginald Appleyard, with the aim of creating a dual-purpose breed that would provide both a good quantity of meat and plenty of eggs. The Silver Appleyard is a "large, sturdily built duck" with a "blocky" physique and a prominent breast. When full grown it weighs between six and eight pounds. Drakes of this breed have a yellow or greenish-coloured bill which sometimes takes on a striated appearance when the duck is older. The drake has a chestnut red breast, flank, sides, and shoulders with white "frosting and lacing" and a "creamy or silvery white" underside. Drakes' wings are grey and white with a cross-stripe of bright blue. Their tail feathers are a dark bronze colour. Feet and legs are orange.
You can also contact us today to get yours
#Domestic_animals #Ryeopedia #Ryeofarms

Are Silver appleyards good mother’s and brooders
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by carbon1224(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2021
How much are the ducks per units and can we discuss on whatsapp
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 1:07am On Sep 28, 2021
Christistruth00:

Are Silver appleyards good mother’s and brooders
Generally, No they aren’t
All mallard derived ducks are not good brooders

1 Like

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Although some individuals are known to sit on their eggs but they hardly hatch them without human intervention
The only other mallard derived breed I could vouch for in terms of brooding ability is the CAYUGA but I haven’t come across one here in Nigeria
I’ve also had people testify that their PEKINS do sit on eggs but since I’ve been handling them I’ve not witness such they’ll rather drop their eggs and leave.

But then again there’s a theory that if the ducklings are raised from birth by a broody hen or chicken they might grow up to adapt such attitude (the theory is baseless though I myself haven’t tried it)
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by moneylam: 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2021
Nice thread. I have 4 units of 4 weeks local ducklings. 2 male hand 2 female. Am here to learn about ducks.

Pls which feed can I give them to reduce feeding cost. Cos they eat too.much. they are still in the cage for now, thinking of releasing dem when they grow small.
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:01am On Sep 29, 2021
moneylam:
Nice thread. I have 4 units of 4 weeks local ducklings. 2 male hand 2 female. Am here to learn about ducks.

Pls which feed can I give them to reduce feeding cost. Cos they eat too.much. they are still in the cage for now, thinking of releasing dem when they grow small.

You can feed them with corn shaft gotten from pap production, grinded corn,millet, fruits such as pawpaw e.t.c
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by moneylam: 8:38pm On Sep 29, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

You can feed them with corn shaft gotten from pap production, grinded corn,millet, fruits such as pawpaw e.t.c

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by whizzkidp222: 3:35am On Sep 30, 2021
Please indicate when next you have Muscovy ducklings available. Thanks.
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 2:49pm On Sep 30, 2021
whizzkidp222:
Please indicate when next you have Muscovy ducklings available. Thanks.

Ok sir
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 10:19am On Oct 05, 2021
More Advantages of duck farming
-Most people are not aware of the fact that ducks are quite easier to rear compared to chickens
-Ducks have a low mortality rate and require less medical attention/treatment
-Ducks produce close to 300 eggs per year making them much more economical
-For breeders you can start with as low as 10 adult birds and end up with maximum of 2000 birds at the end of the year
-When housing ducks all you need to do is provide a water source in or out of the barn and make it accessible to your birds
-Ducks do not solely depend on humans for their feed that’s why it’s advisable and profitable to practice a free range farming for ducks. They are experts in getting their protein source needed to grow naturally (their favorite diet includes snails,oysters, worms,insects,grubs, small fishes e.t.c)
-Foreign ducks do not fly away as their wing to body weight ratio doesn’t allow them to
-Duck meat looks and tastes more like beef meat and the eggs are twice as big and protenous as chicken eggs.
-Ducks will lay properly even if they’re not being fed with layers feed, just make sure they’re getting their required daily feeding/grazing...(to be continued)

You can contact Ryeofarms today to get yours
For more details and enquiries,you can contact Ryeofarms In
WhatsApp: 0 8 0 2 6 4 9 6 0 8 9
Call: 0 7 0 5 4 2 3 5 9 3 1

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by Christistruth00: 1:59pm On Oct 05, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Rouens are good mothers and they are mallard derived ducks
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 3:25pm On Oct 05, 2021
Christistruth00:

Rouens are good mothers and they are mallard derived ducks
There is a difference between being a good mother and being able to hatch their eggs on their own
Well if you say so why not try it out and see for yourself?! They say experience is better than something you checked up online,it's a rare phenomenon to find a broody one that is willing to stay on the eggs till they hatch not all farmers can risk that but you can try If you can bear the loss.... I've been working with em for a while they'll rather lay their eggs and leave
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by Christistruth00: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

There is a difference between being a good mother and being able to hatch their eggs on their own
Well if you say so why not try it out and see for yourself?! They say experience is better than something you checked up online,it's a rare phenomenon to find a broody one that is willing to stay on the eggs till they hatch not all farmers can risk that but you can try If you can bear the loss.... I've been working with em for a while they'll rather lay their eggs and leave

I have seen Rouen ducks in London Parks before kept as Ornamental ducks they do hatch and care for their young that is why they multiply fast and effortlessly just like our Muscovy ducks
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 4:37pm On Oct 05, 2021
Christistruth00:

I have seen Rouen ducks in London Parks before kept as Ornamental ducks they do hatch and care for their young that is why they multiply fast and effortlessly just like our Muscovy ducks
Hope you're not confusing Rouens with mallards cos they're very alike?! They both have the same coloration,it’s quite confusing if you don’t check out the features carefully
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 4:57pm On Oct 05, 2021
Mallards (pic 1)
Rouen (pic 2)

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by christistruth01: 7:32pm On Oct 05, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Hope you're not confusing Rouens with mallards cos they're very alike?! They both have the same coloration,it’s quite confusing if you don’t check out the features carefully

Rouens and Mallards look alike but the Rouens are proper heavy farmyard type ducks they are almost the size of geese Or like the Appleyard ducks

Rouens are like four times the Size of the wild Mallards I don't think they can fly
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2021
christistruth01:

Rouens and Mallards look alike but the Rouens are proper heavy farmyard type ducks they are almost the size of geese

Rouens are like four times the Size of the wild Mallards I don't think they can fly

Rouens can’t fly but don’t compare them with the size of domestic geese except of course you mean wild geese because
Rouens weigh btw 3.6-4kg in size while
Domestic geese weigh up to 10kg
Wild geese are much smaller though and weigh less
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by christistruth01: 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Rouens can’t fly but don’t compare them with the size of domestic geese except of course you mean wild geese because
Rouens weigh btw 3.6-4kg in size while
Domestic geese weigh up to 10kg
Wild geese are much smaller though and weigh less

I am not exaggerating but the ones near the London Botanical Gardens are the Size of geese these ones can't be less than 5 kg ( female) with little ducklings following them about, males are like 7 kg to 9 kg

When I saw them I thought wpw we need these ducks in Nigeria they are slightly bigger than our own Muscovy ducks

And they seem to be completely looking after themselves
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2021
christistruth01:

I am not exaggerating but the ones near the London Botanical Gardens are the Size of geese these ones can't be less than 5 kg ( female) with little ducklings following them about, males are like 7 kg

When I saw them I thought wpw we need these ducks in Nigeria they are slightly bigger than our own Muscovy ducks

And they seem to be completely looking after themselves
Wow I’d love to have something like that they’ve broken the standard of the Rouen already
It’ll be nice to have them here in Nigeria sir.
Plus you sound familiar?! Have we talked on phone/WhatsApp before?!

1 Like

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by christistruth01: 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Wow I’d love to have something like that they’ve broken the standard of the Rouen already
It’ll be nice to have them here in Nigeria sir.
Plus you sound familiar?! Have we talked on phone/WhatsApp before?!

No
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2021
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by moneylam: 9:01pm On Oct 05, 2021
Pls I have Muscovy. I need other specie I can raise with them. Mayb agric specie.

Pls do you have ducklings for any other special apart from Muscovy.
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 10:17pm On Oct 05, 2021
moneylam:
Pls I have Muscovy. I need other specie I can raise with them. Mayb agric specie.

Pls do you have ducklings for any other special apart from Muscovy.

No ducklings for sale now,I have only adults but
I'll let you know when I do have ducklings
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by moneylam: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Ok
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by carbon1224(m): 1:53am On Oct 06, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Female adult Muscovy is how much
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:54am On Oct 06, 2021
carbon1224:

Female adult Muscovy is how much
The ones available are #4500 per one
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 12:49am On Oct 07, 2021
Good morning everyone,
I bring good news smiley

You can now earn free Ryeo tokens for every birds you buy from us starting today 07/10/2021
A token is worth #100 presently, check out the thread below for more info on how to get free tokens
https://www.nairaland.com/6790080/introducing-ryeo-token
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 9:38pm On Oct 14, 2021
Still up and running
Adult Rouens,silver appleyards and black swedish dick's are still very much available
Female Muscovies are also available for those interested
Delivery services are available (t&c apply)
Our contact
Call:07054235931
WhatsApp:08026496089
Telegram:08026496089
Instagram:ryeo_animal_world
Facebook page: Ryeo Animal World

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Water Borehole Survey Is Now Digital #contact Us Today / The Best Species Of Fish / Goat Farming : Zero Grazing & Urban Goat Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.