Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,354 members, 7,812,006 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms (10081 Views)

Broiler Chickens Available For Sale At Ryeofarms / Exotic Rabbits @ Ryeofarms,abeokuta / Dayold Chicks( Cockreal,broilers,noilers,ducks,pullet And Turkey.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by Christistruth00: 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Generally, No they aren’t
All mallard derived ducks are not good brooders

I just read an article by a foreign author that says that Appleyard ducks are good Sitters and good mothers that even adopt other mothers ducklings but you need to isolate the broody duck from a group

https://www.newlifeonahomestead.com/silver-appleyard-duck-breed/
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2021
Christistruth00:

I just read an article by a foreign author that says that Appleyard ducks are good Sitters and good mothers that even adopt other mothers ducklings but you need to isolate the broody duck from a group

https://www.newlifeonahomestead.com/silver-appleyard-duck-breed/
So did you bother to think why there is need to separate the broody duck?!
When I say they’re not good brooders doesn’t mean they don’t go broody, you’ll understand better when you work with one.
It’s just like with Guinea fowls they also go broody but are not good brooders neither are they good mothers

1 Like

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2021
Rather than reading articles @chrisistruth00 there’s a foreign platform/website more like this nairaland forum but it’s mainly for farmers,breeders, and pet lovers where you can learn from practical/life experiences, as various people come online to share their daily experience.
You can text me on WhatsApp I’ll share the name of the website/platform
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by moneylam: 11:48pm On Oct 15, 2021
RYEOFARMS:
Rather than reading articles @chrisistruth00 there’s a foreign platform/website more like this nairaland forum but it’s mainly for farmers,breeders, and pet lovers where you can learn from practical/life experiences, as various people come online to share their daily experience.
You can text me on WhatsApp I’ll share the name of the website/platform

I also need the website... Give me ur number
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 11:06am On Oct 16, 2021
moneylam:

I also need the website... Give me ur number

WhatsApp: 08026496089
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 3:35pm On Oct 17, 2021
DID YOU KNOW?!

That the MUSCOVY DUCK otherwise known as our "Local duck" is the only breed of duck with no true origin. It has been known to exhibit features of both ducks and Geese (that is neither a true duck/geese). Also though they're known to be native to Mexico and South America (only because they're a feral species over there) their real place of origin is also still unknown...

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
Ducks are still very much available at affordable prices (we prefer pick up but delivery is always possible )

By the way, are you aware of our official launch?!
Check out the thread below
https://www.nairaland.com/6810970/raws-official-launch
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by moneylam: 8:39am On Oct 26, 2021
Pls I need ready to lay ducks.... Where is ur location and how much are they?
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 2:40pm On Oct 26, 2021
moneylam:
Pls I need ready to lay ducks.... Where is ur location and how much are they?
I'm at camp, Abeokuta
5k per one sir
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by moneylam: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

I'm at camp, Abeokuta
5k per one sir

I stay in Ikorodu, Lagos. How possible is it to get it over here and I wud like if the price can be reviewed.
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 3:56am On Oct 27, 2021
moneylam:

I stay in Ikorodu, Lagos. How possible is it to get it over here and I wud like if the price can be reviewed.
Chat me up on Whatsapp air we'll talk better there
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by moneylam: 7:24am On Oct 27, 2021
RYEOFARMS:

Chat me up on Whatsapp air we'll talk better there

Give me ur Whatsapp number again
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 9:16am On Oct 27, 2021
moneylam:

Give me ur Whatsapp number again
0 8 0 2 6 4 9 6 0 8 9

1 Like

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 5:52pm On Nov 01, 2021
Just a friendly reminder, we still have foreign ducks in stock
If you need em,dm
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 10:55am On Nov 03, 2021
Hi everyone, good morning
Have you gotten birds from our farm lately?!
Or perhaps you’re still intending to?!
Or perhaps are you aware of our ryeo token initiative/program?!

Kindly give us feedback on your experiences and do share with us how you want our services to be more improved and equipped. (All suggestions/opinion are welcomed and highly appreciated)

By the way, we still have ducks for sale and

Also DO YOU KNOW?!
That molting in ducks is a good indicator of mating season and off-season?!
Check out our thread below to know more
https://www.nairaland.com/6570403/animals-world-facts-discoveries-did#107294497

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ducks are still very much available @Ryeofarms

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 7:43pm On Dec 18, 2021
Hello everyone,

We’ve got some amazing Xmas offers and products form our farm this festive season (For those interested in giant foreign turkeys and huge chickens cool )
Check out the thread below wink
https://www.nairaland.com/6901502/giant-turkeys-chickens-available-sale
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 4:04pm On Jan 05, 2022
INTRODUCING RYEO’s CONTRACT FARMING
Happy new year
It’s another year
And another season of production is about to begin @ R.A.W
If you’d like to partake in this year’s ducks and rabbits production
Perhaps you don’t have enough space to cater for livestocks or you can’t handle the stress that comes with it.
Good news, all you have to do is buy your livestock and we’ll raise them for you
T&C apply
*Note:*The offer is only valid for foreign ducks and rabbits (Hyla (hybrids))
-You’re also allowed to visit the farm from time to time to check on the wellbeing of your animals

For more enquiries you can visit our office at opp shogbems guest house,Camp, Abeokuta, Ogun state
Or
WhatsApp -08026496089
Call:07054235931
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 3:32pm On Jan 10, 2022
Adult Muscovy ducks both male and females are available for interested individuals
WhatsApp:08026496089
You can also get your dressed chicken, turkey and ducks from us @ R.A.W
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2022
RYEOFARMS:
Adult Muscovy ducks both male and females are available for interested individuals
WhatsApp:08026496089
You can also get your dressed chicken, turkey and ducks from us @ R.A.W
Good morning we’re still very much at your service

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 7:40pm On Jan 31, 2022
Good evening
Did you know you can now get adult foreign/exotic ducks @Ryeo animal World at the rate of #3500 per when you book ahead of production instead of #5000 per one
Duration of booking: (minimum of three months)
For more info/enquiries;
Kindly dm or reach out to us on any of our social media platforms.
Thanks

Do have a nice week ahead
*R.A.W*

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by noble2faith(m): 6:12pm On Feb 07, 2022
I need you to sort things out for me. I bought 3 ducks (ducklings) last year May from my boss. My boss claimed they re two ducks and one Drake. As time went one, I observed one of them was bigger than the other two but the size was not that much.

A friend to a cousin of mine claimed that all are female because the size differences are not that much. Indeed, the size differences are not that much.
I have never seen them mating since they became matured.

Another myth I heard is that ducklings from same mother that grow up together can never mate. Though I find this highly superstitious. I do not believe this!

All lot of hearsays about their inability to mate that I cannot write here. The first thing I will like you to do is to, please, help me identify their gender. I will post the pictures of the three ducks here.

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by noble2faith(m): 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
The one with the red label (the white one) is said to be the Drake base on size, but it is slightly bigger than the rest. The one labelled blue is said to be female because it is the smallest. The gender of the one labelled green is the most confusing; some said male while others said female.

Like I said earlier, someone said all are female because the size differences are not that obvious. I partially believe what the person said cos I have never seen them mating. Some said they need much water before they start mating. Some said if they two of the are male, it would be difficult for mating to occur.
I am just confused and I don't know which one I should believe.

I believe you must be duck expert. Based on the pictures I have posted, can you identify their gender for me.

I will post more pictures for gender clarification.

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by moneylam: 7:39pm On Feb 07, 2022
All these ones am seeing are female. A male duck should have a bigger caruncle at this age. And probably should have a curl tail.
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by noble2faith(m): 11:34pm On Feb 07, 2022
moneylam:
All these ones am seeing are female. A male duck should have a bigger caruncle at this age. And probably should have a curl tail.

Thank you. I need more comments for proper verification
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:56am On Feb 08, 2022
noble2faith:
I need you to sort things out for me. I bought 3 ducks (ducklings) last year May from my boss. My boss claimed they re two ducks and one Drake. As time went one, I observed one of them was bigger than the other two but the size was not that much.

A friend to a cousin of mine claimed that all are female because the size differences are not that much. Indeed, the size differences are not that much.
I have never seen them mating since they became matured.

Another myth I heard is that ducklings from same mother that grow up together can never mate. Though I find this highly superstitious. I do not believe this!

All lot of hearsays about their inability to mate that I cannot write here. The first thing I will like you to do is to, please, help me identify their gender. I will post the pictures of the three ducks here.
Hi Good morning
First of all I might need more pics (showing the a better view of their heads each)
A typical male Muscovy has his face covered in carunckles while the females don’t have much of it on their face.
(Below I attached some pics
In the first one, the ones I sold recently the one in front is a male and the two behind are females, you see the difference in size...
The second pics shows two siblings “a male and a female” that I sold too they’re already mating and producing from the review I was given by the owner...
While the 3rd pic shows a typical male)
Sometimes the difference might not be clear as we have some males with blackish carunckles that blend with the color of their skin
But then females look quite roundish while males have this flat and wide structure and tend to grow bigger with time....

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 9:04am On Feb 08, 2022
From the pics you posted the white one seems like a male
While the other two are females
How old are they?!

Then ofcourse ducks need water (a lot of it) to mate
This perhaps might be the problem you’re having.
And then yes, two siblings can mate
Also even if there are two males and one female they will surely mate with that one female...
Infact male ducks have been known to gang up on a single female that’s why it’s advisable for farmers to keep a minimum amount of males compared to females to avoid females getting hurt due to too much mating
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by noble2faith(m): 5:06pm On Feb 08, 2022
RYEOFARMS:
From the pics you posted the white one seems like a male
While the other two are females
How old are they?!

Then ofcourse ducks need water (a lot of it) to mate
This perhaps might be the problem you’re having.
And then yes, two siblings can mate
Also even if there are two males and one female they will surely mate with that one female...
Infact male ducks have been known to gang up on a single female that’s why it’s advisable for farmers to keep a minimum amount of males compared to females to avoid females getting hurt due to too much mating

Close to a year. Thanks for the info. I will get a better picture of their heads

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 1:10am On Feb 09, 2022
noble2faith:

Close to a year. Thanks for the info. I will get a better picture of their heads

Hmm the white one do looks like a male
You know what you’ll do, ducks love to mate in water so create a pond for them and watch from a hidden while they swim
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by noble2faith(m): 11:34am On Feb 09, 2022
RYEOFARMS:

Hmm the white one do looks like a male
You know what you’ll do, ducks love to mate in water so create a pond for them and watch from a hidden while they swim

What should I observe?
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by AlomoReloaded: 2:01pm On Feb 09, 2022
I'm interested on how they are fed..... Between feeding them and feeding chicken, which is easier?
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:56am On Feb 12, 2022
noble2faith:

What should I observe?

Whenever in water the male claims dominance and also attempts to mount the females if he’s not matured enough he can just claim dominance of the area of water chasing the others away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Water Borehole Survey Is Now Digital #contact Us Today / The Best Species Of Fish / Goat Farming : Zero Grazing & Urban Goat Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.