Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,379 members, 7,812,106 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms (10085 Views)

Broiler Chickens Available For Sale At Ryeofarms / Exotic Rabbits @ Ryeofarms,abeokuta / Dayold Chicks( Cockreal,broilers,noilers,ducks,pullet And Turkey.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 8:26am On Mar 15
safarifarms:

Wow. That is quite different from several information I got online about Pekin ducks.

Your thread kindled my interest in ducks and I made further research on them. And I took particular interest in the Pekin duck because I read from many sources online that they grow very fast and are usually slaughtered at 6weeks to 8weeks where they would have reached around 3kg. Some called it the broiler duck.

So I was thinking that if they can reach 3kg in 6-7wks with proper feeding then they may reach same size or close to that in 3 months (12wks) if on free range without supplemental feeding.

Could it be that we don't have the type of Pekin that these people are talking about?

It’s quite simple really

There’s one way to know for sure I’ve shared my own experience
Why not try yours and see?!

I don’t really follow online stuff like that
They say experience is the best teacher

So give it a try and lemme know the results you get good morning
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by safarifarms(m): 10:57am On Mar 15
RYEOFARMS:

Well I’ve not tried that before I always supplement their feeding and if well fed by three to four months they should be at table size
Thanks for your responses. I'll one day get to try out for sure.

But have you ever weighed the 3 months or 4 months Pekin duck? Can you remember the weight at that age?

And what do you use to supplement their feeding? If commercial feed, what type?

Thanks.
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 11:39am On Mar 16
safarifarms:

Thanks for your responses. I'll one day get to try out for sure.

But have you ever weighed the 3 months or 4 months Pekin duck? Can you remember the weight at that age?

And what do you use to supplement their feeding? If commercial feed, what type?

Thanks.

If you’d like to know more sir
Kindly subscribe to our pets & livestock consultation services there you can get access to as many things you’d like to know

Kindly contact us on WhatsApp:08026496089 for more inquiries

Good morning
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by safarifarms(m): 11:44am On Mar 16
Ok. Thanks.

RYEOFARMS:

If you’d like to know more sir
Kindly subscribe to our pets & livestock consultation services there you can get access to as many things you’d like to know

Kindly contact us on WhatsApp:08026496089 for more inquiries

Good morning
Re: Identifying Your Ducks #ryeofarms by RYEOFARMS(m): 1:49pm On Apr 03
Muscovy ducks are now available on our farm both adults (already laying) and point of lay

As well as week old ducklings are available for sale on our farm in Abeokuta

Kindly put a call through via 07054235931
Or WhatsApp 08026496089 for more inquiries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Water Borehole Survey Is Now Digital #contact Us Today / The Best Species Of Fish / Goat Farming : Zero Grazing & Urban Goat Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.