Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! (905 Views)

ALERT! How Scammers Are Using Telegram As A Source Of Income (photos) / Beware Of This New Format Scammers Are Using... / Scammers Are Using Dooshima Dennis, Pretty Female Firefighter's Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by CSNg: 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2020
I stumbled across this page on facebook claiming they are offering GTB loans and they made use of GTB logo and graphics to fool people.

I got curios and checked further by clicking on the link and i found out that it was a webform built with a Wix-Page. (with my knowledge of web development, i know that GTB can never do that)

On the form, they requested for a potential victim's information which includes but not limited to the last 6 digits of their ATM Card and the PIN! The form also requests for email and email passwords!

According to them, they are targeting civil servants in both Federal, state and Local Govt levels and Youth corpers!

Some unsuspecting Nigerians are dropping their information already.

The painful part of it is that the person(s) who are behind the fake site posted it as a paid advertisement on Facebook and Facebook APPROVED IT!

Members of the public should be warned and avoid keying their information on these fake sites in order to prevent a situation whereby you will be defrauded of your hard earned money!

Moderators should please move to frontpage. Save a soul from falling victim to these scammers

1 Like

Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by Jimalicoco(m): 12:02am On Dec 11, 2020
Nawaooo
Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by austine4real(m): 6:18am On Dec 11, 2020
Make this thing make front page
Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by Mayng01(m): 6:20am On Dec 11, 2020
May God deliver us from them
Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by dollytino4real(f): 6:55am On Dec 11, 2020
is not their fault n.a. hunger to break out of hungry, GOD of Shiloh will help us!
Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by Toma2: 8:24am On Dec 11, 2020
dollytino4real:
is not their fault n.a. hunger to break out of hungry, GOD of Shiloh will help us!
Congratulations mumu
Until they scam you.. Ur eyes go clear..
Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by dollytino4real(f): 11:48am On Dec 11, 2020
Toma2:

Congratulations mumu
must u show u lack home training from u parent! did I abuse any one here now? charity they say begins at home
Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by SarutobiEky(m): 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
Toma2:

Congratulations mumu
why?? Wetin come warrant the insults? You no wise?
Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by Toma2: 12:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
dollytino4real:
must u show u lack home training from u parent! did I abuse any one here now? charity they say begins at home
As U get charity from home na...
Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by Myzubby(m): 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU OP , this information should get to gtbank as well the appropriate bodies to ensure that more people do not lose their money through this . I understand how desperate Nigerian have been looking for loans and support since post covid 19 and as a result they can easily fall prey to such scam
Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by irririchris(m): 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
I did raise the issue a week ago "How Do I Report These Fake GTB Facebook And Web Page? " https://www.nairaland.com/6296154/how-report-these-fake-gtb
Some people suggest I contact GTB via their social media handles which I did but I'm sure they aren't doing anything about it.... *sigh*

1 Like

Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by dollytino4real(f): 11:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
Toma2:
As U get charity from home na...
not only charity but love of Christ too
Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by CSNg: 12:14am On Dec 12, 2020
austine4real:
Make this thing make front page

OAM4J, Mynd44, Seun Lalasticlala...please help push this! I checked the facebook page and the page hasn't been deactivated yet.

1 Like

Re: Warning! Scammers Are At It Again!! by ABOVEDELAW: 5:44am On Dec 13, 2020
PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW THAT BANKS DON'T ADVERTISE LOANS ON SOCIAL MEDIA.

(1) (Reply)

Gold: Watch How Gold Is Smuggled Out Of Zamfara State In Northern Nigeria, In Pr / Woman Pours Hot Water On Neighbour For Greeting Her Husband / Nnamdi Kanu To Be Assassinated On Or Before 25th September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.