Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence (12778 Views)

Deji Yesufu: Resolving Marriage Crisis The Governor Ortom Way / Woman Accuses Her Pastor Husband Of Domestic Violence / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by AdviserGeneral: 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mynd44:

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/governor-ortom-and-his-shameful-normalization-of-domestic-violence-pulse-editors/qrmdj0d

This writer must be a pained and frustrated feminist. The hatred on Governor Ortom will engulf you. The governor did the right thing by resolving a family problem. Guess the writer was expecting an end to that marriage. Frustrated bigots everywhere. Mtcheeew!

Such writer doesn't deserve to be a columnist on any news medium

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Akuruoulo(m): 1:05pm On Dec 11, 2020
HerMajestyCares:
THe So Called journalist is HEARTLESS,

He SATS ON THE PREGNANT WIFE AND BEATS HER,

I shouted and my heart Skipped when I read the part the she said ,

THE WICKED MAN SAT ON HER STOMACH AFTER UNDERGOING OPERATION
he did not care if the stomach opens or if the woman dies,

SOME PEOPLE ARE DEVIL.

As for the governor,
I Don't think He Asked the woman her own side of the story before resolving the issue.

I like it when issues are resolved within couples but not the one with serious beating and everyday violence.
Even After resolving the issue I pity the woman to live under the same roof with the man,
I hope we don't hear a twist of stories in years to come.
and u just believed the story becus it was said by a woman , right ?
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by mikoloson: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
Chii59:
Would Gov Ortom reconcile his daughter with a wife beating husband? I doubt.
The way we romanticise evil.
We forgive polithiefcians, silence rape victims and victims of domestic violence.
We respect and defend sexual predators in our religious institutions... The list is endless.
The Nigerian society is a dysfunctional one. undecided
foolish talk
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by BrokeNhustling: 1:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
2 faced evil people...there are cases of women killing thier husbands and all but no one would open a smelling thread about that..but once it's a woman we nor go hear word...did you people see the husband sitting on the woman's stomach...hiss..me that grew up with many sisters...I know one thing for sure..you women are manipulative and liars..born liars..once they feel hurt or attacked they go all out to frustrate you and they are very evil.. na the man I blame sef..if na me I nor want again..let her go and look for another man..she think say man dey outside When go appreciate her after 4kids and a widen pussy and turn belle..hiss..men doing women favours since day one but una go still dey worry us..let her go na..i go even give her the 4 kids..I nor want..let her care for the 4 of them if she nor go lean under 1 week.. she needs the man hence she can't leave..na the man I blame..he is weak..woman call you outside and damage your name you still take her back..until I see where the man said he did all she accused him of I don't care for her...from all my dealings with women I know you lots are liars and manipulators..crying for public sympathy...open mouth talk say all I did was only tell him to spend wisely...lol..like who believes that...say woman to calmly tell her husband to spend wisely on side chicks...I sure say she attack the man..insult his mother and his family..maybe even throw things at him..after getting the reaction of the man them go con claim victims..saying all I did was only advice him..like we nor know say una mouth they smell with evil and provocative words...2 faced evil humans..that's what most women her..

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
Xtabellah:
Am I the only one seeing 4 kids in 6 years, azzhow?

Check out the word Fecundity in your dictionary. Make sure you use a very good dictionary.

That should help you find out how.
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Akinh: 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mynd44:

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/governor-ortom-and-his-shameful-normalization-of-domestic-violence-pulse-editors/qrmdj0d

lol bcs u leave ur own home, doesn't mean others can't work out....this is the problem with we Nigerians..we have other pressing matters but you won't leave personal issue alone to rest...the woman should move away after four kids, and am sure people like you will still come back to bash her for sleeping with one young guy.
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
mikoloson:
foolish talk
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Mummymahdi(f): 1:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
HerMajestyCares:
THe So Called journalist is HEARTLESS,

He SATS ON THE PREGNANT WIFE AND BEATS HER,

I shouted and my heart Skipped when I read the part the she said ,

THE WICKED MAN SAT ON HER STOMACH AFTER UNDERGOING OPERATION
he did not care if the stomach opens or if the woman dies,

SOME PEOPLE ARE DEVIL.

As for the governor,
I Don't think He Asked the woman her own side of the story before resolving the issue.

I like it when issues are resolved within couples but not the one with serious beating and everyday violence.
Even After resolving the issue I pity the woman to live under the same roof with the man,
I hope we don't hear a twist of stories in years to come.

U said my mind
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Mummymahdi(f): 1:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
I like reconciliation and even God praises ppl that reconcile. BUT A MAN THAT SIT ON HIS PREGNANT WIFE BEATS AND ANOTHER BEATING 4WEEKS AFTER CSESION I, ahhh he y oo wicked nah , as a parent, I won't ask my daughter to go back to such man, she might die as a result of his anger and reckless beating.
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by bamite(m): 1:54pm On Dec 11, 2020
Chii59:
We forgive polithiefcians, silence rape victims and victims of domestic violence.
We respect and defend sexual predators in our religious institutions... The list is endless.

Just shut up abeg. You just want to see a fellow woman's marriage collapse.

The same you that is running your mouth like a broken tap here will still sit tight in your husband house even if he's using you as practice for fight against Anthony Joshua.
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Mummymahdi(f): 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2020
BrokeNhustling:
2 faced evil people...there arjustified of women killing thier husbands and all but no one would open a smelling thread about that..but once it's a woman we nor go hear word...did you people see the husband sitting on the woman's stomach...hiss..me that grew up with many sisters...I know one thing for sure..you women are manipulative and liars..born liars..once they feel hurt or attacked they go all out to frustrate you and they are very evil.. na the man I blame sef..if na me I nor want again..let her go and look for another man..she think say man dey outside When go appreciate her after 4kids and a widen pussy and turn belle..hiss..men doing women favours since day one but una go still dey worry us..let her go na..i go even give her the 4 kids..I nor want..let her care for the 4 of them if she nor go lean under 1 week.. she needs the man hence she can't leave..na the man I blame..he is weak..woman call you outside and damage your name you still take her back..until I see where the man said he did all she accused him of I don't care for her...from all my dealings with women I know you lots are liars and manipulators..crying for public sympathy...open mouth talk say all I did was only tell him to spend wisely...lol..like who believes that...say woman to calmly tell her husband to spend wisely on side chicks...I sure say she attack the man..insult his mother and his family..maybe even throw things at him..after getting the reaction of the man them go con claim victims..saying all I did was only advice him..like we nor know say una mouth they smell with evil and provocative words...2 faced evil humans..that's what most women her..

Oga is not everything about sex, for God sake The man himself didn't deny beating her, let's say its only slap , is it justifiable to always slap ur woman? It's not fair. And till date percentage of women that suffers and die in the hands of men can't b compared with women that kills or abuse men. Some women are what u described while some are so positive

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Godbless3(m): 2:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
In as much as i was and still against the act of the governor, let me use this opportunity to lend a voice out.
Ladies, if you found urself in abusive relationship, just kindly take it to human right organisation to help or look 4 a human right lawyer to handle your matter.
Pastors and elders only care about what was wrongly written for another generation.
Taking your problem to social media only shows you're doing it for attention that comes with it or for a reason best known to you.
She is a medical doctor meaning she gone via educational stage so she suppose to know where to press a button and not social media.
I hope she won't come out again to cry o.
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by BrokeNhustling: 2:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mummymahdi:

Oga is not everything about sex, for God sake The man himself didn't deny beating her, let's say its only slap , is it justifiable to always slap ur woman? It's not fair. And till date percentage of women that suffers and die in the hands of men can't b compared with women that kills or abuse men. Some women are what u described while some are so positive
true it cannot be compared but that doesn't mean they don't happen and when it does,it never gets any attention..if you can tell me how women are different from men,aside from the vagina and penis(reproductive system) I would really love to know.. alot of people make out the woman to be a weaker being..I really don't understand why..you have same hands,same body as us..why then is it normal i when a woman insults and in some cases attack a man it's okay but once the man slap or beats this said woman he becomes a beast..like they are both humans what's so special about not hitting a woman..what is really the point behind it..same head..same hands..same 2 legs.. see the way you replied me calmly..I tried my best to also do same to you..that's life and respect..I would be mad and maybe a beast if I had replied you with insults.. if that is the case then those men are fools and beast.
But I have not seen where a man is respected and he goes ahead and still beat you..you even don't have any business with such people because they are not normal.
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by abbey621(m): 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Godbless3:
In as much as i was and still against the act of the governor, let me use this opportunity to lend a voice out.
Ladies, if you found urself in abusive relationship, just kindly take it to human right organisation to help or look 4 a human right lawyer to handle your matter.
Pastors and elders only care about what was wrongly written for another generation.
Taking your problem to social media only shows you're doing it for attention that comes with it or for a reason best known to you.
She is a medical doctor meaning she gone via educational stage so she suppose to know where to press a button and not social media.
I hope she won't come out again to cry o.

What will a human rights lawyer in Nigeria, someone that is still hungry do? Worse comes to worst, they will land the man in jail right? Does this solve the problem that most women are still over reliant on their husband for survival? This case is different because the woman is a doctor but for many women suffering domestic violence the solution is not very simple.

Until human rights organizations or government can guarantee this women a secure form of livelihood after leaving their husband, these women would prefer to die at home than to LEAVE! As a nation, we have to start tackling the root cause instead of the symptoms, we have to support these humanitarians and NGOs as well because even if they have the resources for one or 10 people, can they handle the thousands of cases in 9ja?
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Truthteller2020: 2:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
osuofia2:
Would people rather prefer the collapse of the marriage? human are naturally insatiable especially Nigerians.
To the best of my knowledge Governor Orthom has played his part by intervening in the crisis. God is a against divorce.
Matthew 19:6. ''Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
If he kill the lady tomorrow hope you will be here to type this nonsense?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Liposure: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
People should stop mixing thing up. Ortom settling a marriage doesn't make him a party to domestic violence. He was only doing the job of a peacemaker whereas the husband is at fault
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by kmst1: 2:28pm On Dec 11, 2020
Shey OP don find another husband for her before talking this rubish?
Abi the OP will marry her and help bring the children up

Broken marriage is never the right environment to bring up children
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by simplesearch: 2:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
Chii59:

So you don't want them to find a common ground for settlement or any form of intervention come their way after the exposure.
Were you waiting to hear or see them divorce?
What do you hope to gain from such news?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
bamite:
[s]

Just shut up abeg. You just want to see a fellow woman's marriage collapse.

The same you that is running your mouth like a broken tap here will still sit tight in your husband house even if he's using you as practice for fight against Anthony Joshua.[/s]
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by DMerciful(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
With 2yrs spacing you can have 4 kids in 6yrs because the last kid was just given birth to. I did have 3 kids in 4.5yrs, you don't wanna spend so much time during the childbearing age.
Xtabellah:
Am I the only one seeing 4 kids in 6 years, azzhow?
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by kendrick93(m): 3:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
he did the right thing.feminist can drink snipper for all i care.
So anyone who does not condone domestic violence is now a 'feminist'?
Why do we have dumb folks like you in this society.
Nigeria will never be better till you and your likes are purged out of the society

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by kendrick93(m): 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
kmst1:
Shey OP don find another husband for her before talking this rubish?
Abi the OP will marry her and help bring the children up

Broken marriage is never the right environment to bring up children

Better a broken marriage than a dead spouse
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by bamite(m): 3:47pm On Dec 11, 2020
[quote author=Chii59 post=96964354][/quote]

Nothing tangible to say as usual
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by DMerciful(m): 3:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
While I condemn wife beating in its entirety but comparing the percentage of women who abuse men to men who abuse women is baseless. Fewer women abuse men because men are stronger, if women were stronger, they would abuse more. To buttress this point, have you seen how women oppress and beat their maids or female employees? They do it all the time, infact a lot of maids are rescued by the husbands
Mummymahdi:

Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by bizzibodi(m): 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
So this feminist want to cry more than d bereaved on hear say....he sat on my stomach,bruises my face are you there?
Gov.ortom has gotten a first hand knowledge of what transpired & has settled them......do U expect ortom to dissolve d marriages of any husbands that "beats or quarrels" with his daughters which sane man does that
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Saig: 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
Mynd44:

You are just as confused as your write-up. Mongers of calamity, enmity and Chaos. What do you do want them to do? divorce?? would you marry her if got divorced from her husband? What's your business of she has agreed to settle with her husband carried you senses and find a life for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by Excellentmind: 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
OP, i feel your pains. You wanted to make a show out of a matter that never concerned you. Sorry for this huge disappointment.

Governor SO, has done well: he deserves commendation and not lamentation for letting no man put asunder to what God has joined together.

Besides, if you are still not comfortable with the way he has handled the matter, you can stoke violence in your home and use yourself for example.
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by innobarca(m): 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
Only wicked people want marriages to crash.

Domestic violence is bad.

Women pls use your mouth more for prayers.

Men pls Control your anger during argument ,you can walk away and come back later.
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by kmst1: 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
kendrick93:
Better a broken marriage than a dead spouse

Gov Ortom is a well cultured Tiv man and he understands the role of being a elder and a father
You dont go about breaking marriages
There's no gain to it more over the woman still suffers the most in the end
Please when it comes to you you can divorce and be a single mother
The couple in question know themselves and have agreed to a well thought elderly third person intervention and you are here making noise as if its your marriage

No one supports abusive individuals in the society
I went to a boys only boarding sec sch
You need to see the cruelty with which senior boys maltreat and beat up junior ones as if they are not fellow human beings
If they can maltreat these small defenseless small boys or children imagine what they can do to a grown up adult even if she's a female
Thats the sad kind of upbringing most of these boys were brought up with

But nevertheless the first approach to any marriage crisis is never to preach divorce
That should be the very last option on the list
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by kendrick93(m): 4:55pm On Dec 11, 2020
kmst1:

Gov Ortom is a well cultured Tiv man and he understands the role of being a elder and a father
You dont go about breaking marriages
There's no gain to it more over the woman still suffers the most in the end
Please when it comes to you you can divorce and be a single mother
The couple in question know themselves and have agreed to a well thought elderly third person intervention and you are here making noise as if its your marriage

No one supports abusive individuals in the society
I went to a boys only boarding sec sch
You need to see the cruelty with which senior boys maltreat and beat up junior ones as if they are not fellow human beings
If they can maltreat these small defenseless small boys or children imagine what they can do to a grown up adult even if she's a female
Thats the sad kind of upbringing most of these boys were brought up with

But nevertheless the first approach to any marriage crisis is never to preach divorce
That should be the very last option on the list

So the woman should continue receiving beatings all in the name of trying to save a marriage.
You disgust me,
I pity anyone who hands over his daughters to you and your likes..
Marriage kee u dia....
Marriage is no do or die affair..
Under no circumstance should domestic violence be condoned,
and yet you are spouting absolute nonsense about marriage...
How can a country move forward when people like you still reside in it?
tufiakwa

1 Like

Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by emperorshaokahn(m): 5:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
kendrick93:
So anyone who does not condone domestic violence is now a 'feminist'?
Why do we have dumb folks like you in this society.
Nigeria will never be better till you and your likes are purged out of the society
stfu,i hope you are not a feminist?.
Re: Governor Ortom And His Shameful Normalization Of Domestic Violence by kmst1: 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
kendrick93:
So the woman should continue receiving beatings all in the name of trying to save a marriage.
You disgust me,
I pity anyone who hands over his daughters to you and your likes..
Marriage kee u dia....
Marriage is no do or die affair..
Under no circumstance should domestic violence be condoned,
and yet you are spouting absolute nonsense about marriage...
How can a country move forward when people like you still reside in it?
tufiakwa

Please and please I've been on this forum for years I've never insulted anyone
Dont go personal cos you don't even know me

When your daughter gets married and has issues you can go ahead and preach divorce to her instead of trying to see how you can help

The guy has agreed to stop the stupid thing
The lady has agreed to keep loving him if he stops so what's your problem again
No be your marriage

You can move on with your single mother life generation while sane parents who have had experience with marriage try to teach these young ones how it should be
People keep growing as time goes on in marriage
Some couples went through hell but later realized how to handle themselves better

Like i said you can go ahead and preach divorce to your daughter let her come back to your house and stay with you

I dispise people who at any instance a problem springs between them and other people the first suggestion they have is hate and breakup or divorce (marriage being the case)
Cant you reason beyond that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Guy; 10 Years Older Than You? (photo) / Are Intelligent Women Less Likely To Want Children? / Best Soap For Washing Machine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.