Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? (1037 Views)

Why Many Marriages Are Managed Or Endured / I Was Raped Before My Husband And He Wants To Divorce Me Because I Enjoyed It – / Men, If You Want Your Marriage To Last, Marry An Illiterate.......... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by Oxygenmayo(m): 4:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
There's a school of thought that believes that marriage should be enjoyed and not endured. Another school of thought believes that there are times in marriage when one will have to endure, due to the challenges of life and other unexpected circumstances that occur after the wedding.

But the truth is that marriage can either be enjoyed or endured, or you'd experience both of them depending on so many factors. Seeing that marriage is a subset of life, and there are ups and downs in life, what keeps us going, and not to give up is wearing a positive outlook on life.

Marriage will be enjoyed, although not with the exclusion of challenges when you marry the right person, become the right person, involve the right person, and you have the right understanding of marriage plus having the right motive for marrying. It just has to be right, otherwise, you'd have an unpalatable experience about it - endurance.

But all those things still don't guarantee a smooth marital experience, but you'd be at an advantage over those who got it all wrong, because if the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do?

When the chips are down, endure it with your partner, and when things become rosy, enjoy it because life is seasonal, not perpetual. It is only in eternity that things are eternal, whether bliss or doom - depending on the choice you make today. But on earth, there would be seasons where you'd enjoy your marriage, and there are times you would endure some challenges when they come.

Nonetheless, you should have more enjoyable seasons in marriage than endurance, but it comes with a price.

Challenges are inevitable. It could be due to spiritual attacks, in-laws, or even the weaknesses of one's spouse. What should be our attitude when these challenges come?

Regardless of the challenges faced, marriage will be enjoyable when a man and his wife fight the battle together, but it will be an endurance trek when one person bears the weight of the challenge alone.

Let us get this straight: marriage will be enjoyed when the two that make up a marriage are willing to make it work. Challenges would come, but you won't feel the heat when you two stay put to quench it. But how can you enjoy your marriage when you leave your partner to face the challenges alone?

Yorubas in their wisdom assert that one strange hand cannot get a load to the head. It is with two hands that a load can be carried easily without bearing the weight alone.

There's someone reading this. You have left your spouse to fight the battle in your marriage alone. Remember, the vows you made before God and men. If Adam and Eve were together, the serpent wouldn't have prevailed over her. Remember, woe to the one that is alone. How can one prevail against the enemy in marriage?

Dear singles, do all that is in your best to get it right maritally. The beauty of marriage is not in the handsomeness of the husband or the pretty face the wife has but in the quality of their souls. Marriage is enjoyable when you have a spouse that is willing to withstand the heat in the kitchen rather than leave when it is much.

Elisabeth and Zechariah were serving God despite their barrenness. What do you think would have happened if it were to be in this 21st century that they were infertile? Yet, they never leave each other until God comes through for them.

Marriage is to be enjoyed, and not to be endured; but this option lies in who you marry, who you become, and your disposition to challenge when they come.

When the times are hard, face it together. When things get rosy, enjoy it together. When her breasts sag or he now becomes the different man you use to know, enjoy it together. The grass is not greener on the other side, it's the only greener where it is watered.

Change your mentality about your spouse in marriage. Your spouse is not the devil. Involve God. And if you must fight in marriage, fight against self and Satan, but not with your spouse.

Remember, marriage is to be enjoyed regardless of the challenges you may face. It only depends on who you marry, who you become, the principles you adopt, and the person you involve plus your motive for marrying. If all these are not right, you will endure your marriage.

Thank you for reading.
Re: Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by blackpanthar: 4:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
Oxygenmayo:

There's a school of thought that believes that marriage should be enjoyed and not endured. Another school of thought believes that there are times in marriage when one will have to endure, due to the challenges of life and other unexpected circumstances that occur after the wedding.

But the truth is that marriage can either be enjoyed or endured, or you'd experience both of them depending on so many factors. Seeing that marriage is a subset of life, and there are ups and downs in life, what keeps us going, and not to give up is wearing a positive outlook on life.

Marriage will be enjoyed, although not with the exclusion of challenges when you marry the right person, become the right person, involve the right person, and you have the right understanding of marriage plus having the right motive for marrying. It just has to be right, otherwise, you'd have an unpalatable experience about it - endurance.

But all those things still don't guarantee a smooth marital experience, but you'd be at an advantage over those who got it all wrong, because if the foundation is destroyed, what can the righteous do?

When the chips are down, endure it with your partner, and when things become rosy, enjoy it because life is seasonal, not perpetual. It is only in eternity that things are eternal, whether bliss or doom - depending on the choice you make today. But on earth, there would be seasons where you'd enjoy your marriage, and there are times you would endure some challenges when they come.

Nonetheless, you should have more enjoyable seasons in marriage than endurance, but it comes with a price.

Challenges are inevitable. It could be due to spiritual attacks, in-laws, or even the weaknesses of one's spouse. What should be our attitude when these challenges come?

Regardless of the challenges faced, marriage will be enjoyable when a man and his wife fight the battle together, but it will be an endurance trek when one person bears the weight of the challenge alone.

Let us get this straight: marriage will be enjoyed when the two that make up a marriage are willing to make it work. Challenges would come, but you won't feel the heat when you two stay put to quench it. But how can you enjoy your marriage when you leave your partner to face the challenges alone?

Yorubas in their wisdom assert that one strange hand cannot get a load to the head. It is with two hands that a load can be carried easily without bearing the weight alone.

There's someone reading this. You have left your spouse to fight the battle in your marriage alone. Remember, the vows you made before God and men. If Adam and Eve were together, the serpent wouldn't have prevailed over her. Remember, woe to the one that is alone. How can one prevail against the enemy in marriage?

Dear singles, do all that is in your best to get it right maritally. The beauty of marriage is not in the handsomeness of the husband or the pretty face the wife has but in the quality of their souls. Marriage is enjoyable when you have a spouse that is willing to withstand the heat in the kitchen rather than leave when it is much.

Elisabeth and Zechariah were serving God despite their barrenness. What do you think would have happened if it were to be in this 21st century that they were infertile? Yet, they never leave each other until God comes through for them.

Marriage is to be enjoyed, and not to be endured; but this option lies in who you marry, who you become, and your disposition to challenge when they come.

When the times are hard, face it together. When things get rosy, enjoy it together. When her breasts sag or he now becomes the different man you use to know, enjoy it together. The grass is not greener on the other side, it's the only greener where it is watered.

Change your mentality about your spouse in marriage. Your spouse is not the devil. Involve God. And if you must fight in marriage, fight against self and Satan, but not with your spouse.

Remember, marriage is to be enjoyed regardless of the challenges you may face. It only depends on who you marry, who you become, the principles you adopt, and the person you involve plus your motive for marrying. If all these are not right, you will endure your marriage.

Thank you for reading.

See, MARRIAGE IS VERY OVERRATED AND IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT COMPULSORY.
Re: Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by Oxygenmayo(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
blackpanthar:

See, MARRIAGE IS VERY OVERRATED AND IT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT COMPULSORY.

Yes, you are right, but it is a necessary union since it was ordained. It is NOT compulsory if one can forever stay single without testing the waters or playing with didos, but those who can't should do the needful to get it right.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by virginprincess(f): 5:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
Wow, such a lovely write-up, marriage life is very sweet when you meet the right partern, but when you meet the wrong one, it is hell, i don't advice anybody to endure in such marriage, if you want a fulfilled marriage, wait on the lord for a good spouse, allow him to choose for you because if you by yourself choose, you are definately going to choose the wrong one, a word they say is enough for the wise, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE ANGEL GOD HAS CHOOSING FOR ME.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by Oxygenmayo(m): 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
virginprincess:
Wow, such a lovely write-up, marriage life is very sweet when you meet the right partern, but when you meet the wrong one, it is hell, i don't advice anybody to endure in such marriage, if you want a fulfilled marriage, wait on the lord for a good spouse, allow him to choose for you because if you by yourself choose, you are definately going to choose the wrong one, a word they say is enough for the wise, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE ANGEL GOD HAS CHOOSING FOR ME.

And you shall not be put to shame over your expectations.
Re: Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by SILENTandSMART2: 10:20pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bro i don't read your writeup at all, i hate reading epistles, but I'm commenting base on the topic,

The answer is both, cus if you get money self their are some certain things that you jusss have to endure smiley

smiley

1 Like

Re: Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by Oxygenmayo(m): 12:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
SILENTandSMART2:
Bro i don't read your writeup at all, i hate reading epistles, but I'm commenting base on the topic,

The answer is both, cus if you get money self their are some certain things that you jusss have to endure smiley

smiley

How is that an epistle bro? Let's do away with our inability to read lengthy but helpful posts.
Re: Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by babakbb: 1:25pm On Dec 15, 2020
I have been married for over 5 years now and i am loving it, sweet and wonderful wife and an intelligent daughter.

Marriage is the best thing that have ever happened to me.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by SILENTandSMART2: 9:08pm On Dec 15, 2020
Oxygenmayo:

How is that an epistle bro? Let's do away with our inability to read lengthy but helpful posts.

Haa koburu smiley

1 Like

Re: Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
fûck marriage
Re: Marriage: To Be Enjoyed Or Endured? by Oxygenmayo(m): 10:01am On Dec 19, 2020
babakbb:
I have been married for over 5 years now and i am loving it, sweet and wonderful wife and an intelligent daughter.

Marriage is the best thing that have ever happened to me.

Would you like to share those things you did that made it the best thing that has ever happened to you?

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested After He Was Caught Having Sex With A Goat[video] / Crying Ladies And What They Portend / I Dont Understand Where My Relationship Is Heading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.