Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

What Can I Do About My Younger Brother - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Can I Do About My Younger Brother (4391 Views)

My Younger Brother Is Dating A Married Woman. / She Is Acting Weird After Seeing His Younger Brother's Pixs / Soldier Calls Out His Younger Brother And His Slay Mama Girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Dubetex96(m): 4:03am On Dec 12, 2020
I'm writing this with pains,
I lost my mother 3years ago since then life has become a shadow of itself to me and my younger brother. My mother died when he was in Ss3 and about to go for his one year apostolic work. he later proceeded to do his one year apostolic work as time flies they went for exam for another stage in priesthood and so unfortunate life can be he didn't make it so the priest he was serving during his apostolic work promised him that he will take care of him and he will also sponsor his education to university level so he stayed back owing to the fact that our parents are late. My broda wrote his first & second Jamb but his score is not sufficient enough to fetch him admission so i told him to prepare for next year 2021. But my headache is that he always complain to me that he is no longer comfortable living with the priest though he gave me some reasons that he doesn't have time for his personal life and also to read his books. He had already wanted to come back home but i have always objected due to the fact that here at home is not easy for me not to made mention of him coming back . I just graduated recently and still finding my bearing in life so i have always told him to give me time let me see if i can get job so he can come and stay with me because he's my only brother. As of yesterday night he messaged me on WhatsApp telling me the same thing which really got me thinking and tired.

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by blackpanthar: 4:38am On Dec 12, 2020
Dubetex96:
I lost my mother 3years ago since then life has become a shadow of itself to me and my younger brother. My mother died when he was in Ss3 and about to go for his one year apostolic work. he later proceeded to do his one year apostolic work as time flies they went for exam for another stage in priesthood and so unfortunate life can be he didn't make it so the priest he was serving during his apostolic work promised him that he will take care of him and he will also sponsor his education to university level so he stayed back owing to the fact that our parents are late. My broda wrote his first & second Jamb but his score is not sufficient enough to fetch him admission so i told him to prepare for next year 2021. But my headache is that he always complain to me that he is no longer comfortable living with the priest though he gave me some reasons that he doesn't have time for his personal life and also to read his books. He had already wanted to come back home but i have always objected due to the fact that here at home is not easy for me not to made mention of him coming back . I just graduated recently and still finding my bearing in life so i have always told him to give me time let me see if i can get job so he can come and stay with me because he's my only brother. As of yesterday night he messaged me on WhatsApp telling me the same thing which really got me thinking and tired.

Talk to him and see if he has a plan... or if he just wants to escape and come home to "rest"

For you, why not learn a skill and start your hustle so that when your brother comes home, you can teach him a skill too... SCHOOL IN NAIJA IS NO LONGER THE WAY O... hmmm... just let your brother drop school first and learn a skill then he can sponsor himself

12 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by walesogo: 4:43am On Dec 12, 2020
He will need to be more matured and discuss with the priest if he's not been given enough time to study. I believe the priest that promised to sponsor him will also be interested in his ascendancy in life. He should be determined and be more focused.

If he comes back home now, he will only add to your suffering in this very terrible economy. Let him stay back and man up. He will share his story one day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Shortyy(f): 4:49am On Dec 12, 2020
He wants to come home and start smoking Igbo and pursuing women around abi? Let him better stay there patiently and behave well too. That priest will sponsor him and make him a better person.

4 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Enskynelson(m): 5:22am On Dec 12, 2020
blackpanthar:

Talk to him and see if he has a plan... or if he just wants to escape and come home to "rest"

For you, why not learn a skill and start your hustle so that when your brother comes home, you can teach him a skill too... SCHOOL IN NAIJA IS NO LONGER THE WAY O... hmmm... just let your brother drop school first and learn a skill then he can sponsor himself

This has said it all.
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Dubetex96(m): 5:27am On Dec 12, 2020
I have talked to him several, but he doesn't listen. yes I have delve into graphics designing so as to increase my income

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by jidamsel43(m): 5:29am On Dec 12, 2020
Is your brother an adult?

This life is very transient and short. He needs to decide what will give him happiness between priesthood and social life. I will suggest that you discuss this with him since he is the only one you've got now. Never force him to choose the priesthood over a secular job.

2 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by santakris(m): 5:45am On Dec 12, 2020
Let him stay back there and learn work while he's still waiting for admission.
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by ValCon888: 5:53am On Dec 12, 2020
But my headache is that he always complain to me that he is no longer comfortable living with the priest though he gave me some reasons that he doesn't have time for his personal life and also to read his books.
There's so much more to this than meets the eye. That priest may be trying to molest your brother if he's not already molesting him and your brother is trying to get the fúck out of there.
Use your head.

24 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Bluntguy: 5:55am On Dec 12, 2020
Let him come and farm in the village. He go get sense.
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by xendra: 6:03am On Dec 12, 2020
ValCon888:

There's so much more to this than meets the eye. That priest may be trying to molest your brother if he's not already molesting him and your brother is trying to get the fúck out of there.
Use your head.
this is the first thing that crossed my mind, don't think a man is trusted just because he is a priest.

OP just ask him if he has a plan to fend for himself (atleast he is done with secondary school he is not a child) let him know you can't fend for him ATM hence he must have a plan for himself too.
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by namiji2598: 6:27am On Dec 12, 2020
Everybody gat a story to tell for this life

Allow ur brother go back to ur place, before he gets depressed, denying him his heart desires will get him into depression bro

It's either that priest is molesting him, or ur brother just wants a freedom of himself which allow him follow girls around,or probably he is being treated like a slave in that house

Please let him stay together with u

1 Like

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by gfon(m): 6:30am On Dec 12, 2020
Have you really asked him why he wants to leave the priest??i knew of a priest that was molesting young boys under him. Not that am accussing the priest though,just stating an example.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by femi4: 6:48am On Dec 12, 2020
Dubetex96:
Please, let him come home. He's better at home with little food and he ll have time for himself that serving a priest 24/7
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by rafikii: 6:54am On Dec 12, 2020
The priest is smashing your brother's bhutt hole that's why he wants to come back,he cannot tell you this because the priest has made him believe that nobody will believe him over a reverend father. Save your brother now that it's still early, don't let him get traumatized in this life.

3 Likes

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Karleb(m): 7:05am On Dec 12, 2020
Let him leave that place.
When he comes, he can come and hustle.
It seems he isn't comfortable in that place anymore.
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Dubetex96(m): 7:19am On Dec 12, 2020
I thought as much becos he always tell me that the priest always use him as his errand boy
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Wittyglam(f): 7:32am On Dec 12, 2020
Talk to him and understand what he wants, he can also work too while waiting to write is jamb. Don't force him to stay there if he is no longer comfortable. I can relate with your story, I did jobs in school too it's not going to be easy but you will pass this stage soon.

Check out my YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_yVEf8o9fY
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Adonis86(m): 7:38am On Dec 12, 2020
how does this post relate to Romance section?
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by YorubaMod(m): 7:53am On Dec 12, 2020
Pls let the young man come back and plan his own life too, rather than serving someone for a lifetime. There are menial jobs he can pick up and save up something for himself, I don't think he is coming back to waste ur own food, the so father might be using him for his sole selfish interest, he doesn't even have time to study under the man's roof. Pls bring ur brother home, he have his own life to live too.
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by francdec4(m): 7:58am On Dec 12, 2020
Please dont let him come back. I studied for my GCE while living in the priest house too after I left my place of junior apostolic work. I grew up living in the parish house from the age of 9. I learnt a lot from the priests I lived with and they shaped my outlook to life.

I was trained by them up to medical school and one of them even sponsored me to Brooklyn, New York for more studied through the help of his nephew who already lives there.

Don't let him miss this opportunity of him getting a sponsor to better his life because he wants to be free. My brother also made that mistake because he wanted the so called 'freedom" which is just to pursue women and today he is regreting it cos he refused to stay with me there and left to go back to our family house where no one was willing to help us go to school.
I have taken this time to write elaborately for you cos I know the mistake he is about to make if he comes home to "enjoy that freedom" he wants.

If you need more info or wants to talk more then DM me I will get in touch with you.

Best regards.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by GodWrites: 8:06am On Dec 12, 2020
I would have suspected that maybe, he's been molested by the priest, but since this fellow has always been a failure all his life, then it's probably because he wants more freedom, perhaps to be more useless.

The fact is that your brother is dull; he probably needs an environment where he will have total freedom to do whatever he likes.

You can't live with a priest and behave as you like, as they are very strict with time and responsibility. I have stayed with two priests for a year without any odd experience

They are too kind, highly disciplined, and hardly make out time for fun.

As for those who are already sure that the priest is smashing his butt hole, I have nothing to say to you.

That you know a priest that did such doesn't mean all priests are gays or pedophiles. That someone rejected a pussy to become a priest doesn't mean he's gay. WTF!

It's a damn fallacy to judge an entire profession or group of people because of the action of a few. The same way foreigners see every Nigerian youth as a scammer, do you like it?

Now here you are, committing the same sin. It's time you guys pay priests more respect.

Peace!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by ruggedtimi(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2020
Hope is not wat am thinking
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by DaInferno(m): 8:41am On Dec 12, 2020
Dubetex96:
you spoke well already; sometimes, the things you'd tell a younger one and he wouldn't understand, he would definitely understand when he gets older. the thing is, your bro will have to bear with you simple, there's just nothing that I can add to that. what you told him is enough
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by grim33(m): 8:48am On Dec 12, 2020
I’ve been in a similar position . If he feels like his wasting away let him come home and drink garri. He will find his own way.

Help him keep what’s left of his dignity.
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Dubetex96(m): 9:01am On Dec 12, 2020
I appreciate your advice sir how can dm u, last i checked i didn't see ur number to dm
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by Womanizer(m): 9:24am On Dec 12, 2020
I don't think you should force him to remain with the priest if he does not want to
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 9:26am On Dec 12, 2020
Your brother has just realised that he will miss out on plenty of toto that's why he has decided not to follow the path to priesthood grin
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by nneka97224: 9:33am On Dec 12, 2020
Let him leave that place.
When he comes, he can come and hustle.
It seems he isn't comfortable in that place anymore.
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by stormborn28(m): 9:53am On Dec 12, 2020
Shortyy:
He wants to come home and start smoking Igbo and pursuing women around abi? Let him better stay there patiently and behave well too. That priest will sponsor him and make him a better person.
grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss...
Re: What Can I Do About My Younger Brother by stormborn28(m): 9:54am On Dec 12, 2020
DaudaTheSexyGuy:
Your brother has just realised that he will miss out on plenty of toto that's why he has decided not to follow the path to priesthood grin
hmmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Hails How Men Ooze Sexiness Without Revealing Their Body Parts / The costly mistake many ladies make when choosing a spouse. / What Do you Like In Rainy Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.