Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? (12500 Views)

Mrs Buhari And Mrs Osinbajo Support Buhari In London(photo) / Urging Non-northerners To Come Home Ahead Of The Election / BREAKING!!! Northern Youths Give Non-northerners 2 Weeks Ultimatum To Leave! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by ak47mann(m): 7:46pm On Mar 26, 2011
i support GEJ NOTHING DO YOU AFTER ALL YOU ARE THE "INCUMBENT"WHO WAN TRY cool cool cool
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 26, 2011
I am a Fulani from daura in Katsina state,my house is just opposite Buhari family compound.I will vote for GEJ!!! Bloody liers on nairaland as if they are talking or trying to convince 2 year old baby.Most people saying they are from the south are not truely from there and those who are from the SW are supporting the Dictator basically because of Bakare who is a yoruba man,While those truely from the SE and SS are those whose brain has been brainwashed by Bakare latter rain assembly church preaching and are card carrying members of his church.I know what religion and tribes can do to people.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Wadeoye(m): 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2011
@Innocent, are you saying the VP (Tunde Bakare) who is more knowledgable in christianity than you are will be hiding his bible in nylon? By the way, Buhari's driver who has been with Buhari for more than 10 years is a christian - I don't think he wouldn't have resigned if he has to hide his bible from Buhari.

So, stop this nonsense - it is mere political propaganda to discredit a disciplined man whose integrity has no rival in Nigeria of today.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by ak47mann(m): 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2011
OZIN
VERY CORRECT MAN. AK SHOOTING 21 GUN SALUTE 4 U wink wink
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by 9ijaMan: 7:50pm On Mar 26, 2011
My folks are both from Kwara state, I was born and raised in Lagos and had all my schooling years in the southwest. I lived in the north for a couple of years. Lived and worked in the South-South region (Rivers-Bayelsa-Delta) for a little above 6 years, I am indeed a Nigerian.
I support the BB team as much as I can considering the fact that I'm now residing abroad!
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Wadeoye(m): 7:56pm On Mar 26, 2011
@Ozin, not everybody you see here is lowly animal like you - we are talking about somebody's integrity and you are talking about religion ethinity.

I am yoruba, based in Lagos, I have sympathy for ACN at state level and Buhari for president. ACN has got a VP(Fola) from SW as well and if I were to vote based on ethnicity and religion, I will vote for Ribadu/Fola - duo are muslim and I am a muslim. But religion and ethinicity will not take us anywehere.

VOTE OUT CORRUPTION, VOTE FOR BUHARI/BAKARE
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by ziccoit: 7:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
I am a Southerner, Yoruba,Fully in Support of BB Ticket. ? ? ? The best president in a country of this planet; assumed to wanting to server (not rule) Nigerians would fail us because anything PDP would forever be a failure. There is an inherent curse in PDP.

Over 99% of people clamouring for downfall of PDP are the progressives, right thinkers, intellectuals, visioners, missioners and conquerors.

But over 99% of PDP supporters are looters, friend of looters, families of looters, benefactors of looting, cultivators of indiscipline, quarrelers, reactionaries, blinds, dulls, idiots and morons.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by sbeezy8: 8:13pm On Mar 26, 2011
i support GEJ beause he is ibo/ijaw objs boy and maintains the status quo.

buhari will dictate private businnesses and kill industry
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by farochron(m): 8:19pm On Mar 26, 2011
This election is going to be tight. There might be a re-run because PDP might want to rig again. They did it before and they will want to do it again. For a free and fair elecction GEJ has lost the south. On the street everywhere I go it's BB all the way. If there is a third and fouth term Fasola will always win the heart of Lagosians.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by nightfall(m): 8:25pm On Mar 26, 2011
Well it seems like the spell has been broken Nigerians are are now realizing the truth it's not about religion ethnicity or tribe the truth is the way forward for Nigeria God help us all
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by asamuel: 8:31pm On Mar 26, 2011
@OZIN. Your profile has betrayed you. You are living in Australia. You are not even going to vote. You are not even facing the threats of insecurity, the lack of electricity, the infrastructural decay in Nigeria. Most supporters of GEJ are living outside Nigeria. God punish all those who ran out of Nigeria and are now supporting corruption and insecurity from abroad.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by dejavume: 8:36pm On Mar 26, 2011
SOME PEOPLE NEED PEOPLE TO ADVISE THEM,ITS ONLY PERSON WITH ROTTEN THINKIN FACULTY NEEDS SUN TO DRY IT UP.WHY ON EARTH DO U STILL WANT TO PUT OBJ BACK ON THE SEAT.NOTHING GEJ WILL DO WITHOUT OBJ ACKNOWLEDGMENT.
PDP IS STILL D SAME PDP.
B/B COME MAY 29,2011.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by dejavume: 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2011
asamuel:

@OZIN. Your profile has betrayed you. You are living in Australia. You are not even going to vote. You are not even facing the threats of insecurity, the lack of electricity, the infrastructural decay in Nigeria. Most supporters of GEJ are living outside Nigeria. God punish all those who ran out of Nigeria and are now supporting corruption and insecurity from abroad.
A POWERFUL AMEN TO THAT
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by boyt1: 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2011
BB colabo, God  forbid.  will never see Aso Rock. Buhari should go farming, while Bakare should  remain a preacher and activist, and not a politician.
The same guys from the Southern part Nigeria claiming support for BB will later cry.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by dejavume: 8:45pm On Mar 26, 2011
farochron:

This election is going to be tight. There might be a re-run because PDP might want to rig again. They did it before and they will want to do it again. For a free and fair elecction GEJ has lost the south. On the street everywhere I go it's BB all the way. If there is a third and fouth term Fasola will always win the heart of Lagosians.
TRUE TALK,AND WHEN THAT COMES,PDP IS OUT OF ASO.IF WHAT JEGA SAID WILL BE DULY FOLLOWED,THEN I SAY FREE AND FAIR ELECTION IS ON ITS WAY.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by MeGaStReEt: 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2011
dejavume:

OBJ BACK ON THE SEAT.NOTHING GEJ WILL DO WITHOUT OBJ ACKNOWLEDGMENT.
PDP IS STILL D SAME PDP.
B/B COME MAY 29,2011.

my fear actually. . . that notwithstanding, GEJ is still better than Buhari and Ribadu. Like some NL's will say, he is less of a devil than those 2.

I wonder why nobody is talking about Shekarau, that guy is far far better than Buhari and Ribadu
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by egift(m): 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2011
boy t:

BB colabo, God  forbid.  will never see Aso Rock. Buhari should go farming, while Bakare should  remain a preacher and activist, and not a politician.
The same guys from the Southern part Nigeria claiming support for BB will later cry.

Jonathan has a degree in Fisheries and PhD in Zoology: ask him first to go to the river, zoo, forest and classroom to do his research work. He should leave leadership for men of integrity and disciplined to fix the problem of Nigeria.

And Sambo? He can hug a wet transformer - he is just filling in the blanks.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by egift(m): 8:58pm On Mar 26, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

my fear actually. . . that notwithstanding, GEJ is still better than Buhari and Ribadu. Like some NL's will say, he is less of a devil than those 2.

I wonder why nobody is talking about Shekarau, that guy is far far better than Buhari and Ribadu

Funny at your hypocrisy, you carefully avoided included including Jonathan's name in that comparison - perhaps he is worthless. Did you also noticed the order - If no one is talking about "Shekarau", the next competent person is BUHARI.

Nigerians lets support and vote Buhari 2011
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Wadeoye(m): 9:05pm On Mar 26, 2011
@MeGaStReEt, Shekarau better than Buhari? How? Because of the way he speaks? You are one of those Nigerians who don't know their problems or the solution to the known problems. Oratory is not our problem, otherwise, we will be better of voting for Kris Okotie or Pat Utomi. But of course, how well our leaders can speak is not the problem with our country.

If I may ask, what is the performance of Shekarua in Kano? People talk about Fashola in Lagos, they talked about the former govnor of Calabar, etc. I have not seen anybody talk about any interesting thing in Kano.

Buhari has got a track record that none of the contenders can surpass - sincerity, integrity, descipline and achievement.

Where do you leave MeGaStReEt?
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by dejavume: 9:06pm On Mar 26, 2011
MeGaStReEt:

fFOR SHEKARAU,HIS POPULARITY IS LOW,EVEN IN HIS STATE HE WILL LOSE,THOUGH HE HAS DONE GREATLY IN THE STATE.ONE OF THE STATE WITHOUT ANY KILLINGS DURING CAMPAIGNS.
FOR RIBADU,ONLY FEW HAS FAITH IN HIM,I STILL PREFER SHEKARAU TO HIM.
FOR GEJ HE IS A LITTLE DEVIL AS  U SAID,BUT THE LITTLE DEVIL WILL MATURE TO WHAT WE WONT BE ABLE TO HANDLE
FOR BUHARI,HE IS A THE BIG ANGEL,HE HAD GOOD WILL FOR US,ALEAST PUT ON THE PATH OF GROWTH&DEVELOPMENT
OPPONENTS ARE JUST USING PROPAGANDA TO TAINT HIS IMAGE.
HIS POPULARITY IS GROWING DAY BY DAY.
DO U KNW THAT IN THE NORTH GEJ IS REALLY LOSING OUT,I SEE RE-RUN
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by muami(m): 9:13pm On Mar 26, 2011
A review of the pro Buhari supporters show that they support him for two reason: (1)They believe he is not corrupt, and (2) They hate PDP.Considering the extent of corruption in Nigeria and the below average performance of PDP in the past 12 years, these are good reasons.       However, the question is: Are these reasons good enough? I think it is a mistake to vote for someone because of who he is or in protest of what the other person or party did not do. Examples abound that people live to regret it. For example in UK, they voted the Conservatives simply because they hated Labour. Today, everyone is protesting against thie policies.Similarly, in the US, Obama was voted largely because people hated George Bush and the way he handled the Iraq war. Today, they have realised that hate and oratory prowess is not enough, which is why they voted back the Republican in the mid term elections.
Yes, I hate corruption, and yes, PDP has under performed but I dont think that should be the main reason why we should vote for the candidates we want to vote for otherwise we may end up regreting.All I am trying to say is this: if Buhari and his online supporters here really want us to vote for him, he and they should focus on the plans and programmes and not on the mere fact that he hates corruption.There are so many countries, including Ireland and Portugal, where the leaders are not corrupt and yet they are clueless as to how to move the economy forward. What we need is a leader that has a coherent plan on how to accelerate economic growth in the country. As we prepare to vote, let that be the overaching criteria for selecting candidates.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by matazzmagi(m): 9:21pm On Mar 26, 2011
Fresh facts emerged yesterday that President Goodluck Jonathan’s talks with the Mallam Adamu Ciroma-led Northern Political Leaders Forum collapsed because he refused to accede to two demands by the Forum.
The demands are: a written undertaking that he would spend only a term in office and ensure that power shifts to the North in 2015.

They also asked him to make a broadcast to the nation on these two commitments.

But the President has rebuffed the NPLF leaders over these demands and decided to bear his cross by making fresh inroad into the North through alternative power brokers and northern groups.

The NPLF, in collaboration with Igbo Political Forum, had on Thursday technically withdrawn backing for Jonathan during the forthcoming April 9 poll.

Investigation by The Nation confirmed that the refusal of the President to meet up with these demands actually accounted for the deadlock at last Friday’s meeting with the NPLF leaders.

A top source, who was privy to the talks, spoke in confidence on the grey areas that led to the stalemate.

The source said: "The NPLF leaders raised issues bordering on non-respect of commitments and agreements by the President.

"They therefore asked the President to enter into a written agreement that he would leave in 2015 and that power would shift to the North in 2015. The Peoples Democratic Party would have to be part of the new power deal.

"They even asked him to go the extra mile to make the agreements public through either a press briefing or broadcast before they can give him support.

"They said unlike 2002, they want to hold the President and the PDP liable for these new proposals. They hammered on the question of trust.

"They said they decided to ask for these so that all Nigerians will be witnesses to history."

But it was gathered that Jonathan considered the demands of the NPLF as undemocratic and unrealistic.

The President queried the rationale behind 10 to 15 people sitting down to determine what will happen to the nation in 2015.

A top aide of the President, who spoke in confidence, said: "It is true that the President said he cannot enter into a bond on 2015.

"He said as Nigeria ’s President, the NPLF should be able to trust him as a reliable leader who will always do his best to preserve the unity and stability of the nation.

"The President must to abide by the tenets of democracy and allow Nigerians to choose their leaders without fear or favour.

The aide quoted the President as saying: "I won’t write any undertaking. Whoever Nigerians want will be the President. Nigerians will decide their next President in 2015.

"This is a democracy, if I say this is what Nigerians should do in 2015 and they decide otherwise, will you still say that I must impose your will on them?"

The source added that the President told the NPLF leaders that the fact that he initiated the talks presupposed that he wanted the best for the nation in 2011 and 2015.

Another factor which might have influenced the President's position was the fact that he had also made the same promise to the Igbo that it would be their turn in 2015 to produce the president.

"You can see that the matter poses a big dilemma for Mr. President, so he had to do the most sensible," said a source.

As at press time, however, the source claimed that Jonathan is already "bearing his own cross" by making inroad into the North.

"With the election fast approaching, the President has gone back to his Plan B since the NPLF is technically not backing Jonathan.

"I can assure you that the President has opened discussions with other interest groups and other influential leaders in the North, who are considered as ‘match-makers’ in their own right. It is a kind of divide and rule strategy.

"Do not forget that the President, to a great extent, has large following in North-Central, North-East and in some states in the North-West like Zamfara and Sokoto.

"Some of the northern governors backing the President too are no push over. You cannot rule out the fact that they will make impact."
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by AlabaSlim: 9:40pm On Mar 26, 2011
Wel as 4 mi & my southas we dey vote BB-
Bad Breath
Bad Breath
Bad Breath
Bad Breath
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by AlabaSlim: 9:43pm On Mar 26, 2011
Wel as 4 mi & my southas we dey vote BB-
Bad Breath
Bad Breath
Bad Breath
Bad Breath
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Blazing99: 9:57pm On Mar 26, 2011
muami:

A review of the pro Buhari supporters show that they support him for two reason: (1)They believe he is not corrupt, and (2) They hate PDP.Considering the extent of corruption in Nigeria and the below average performance of PDP in the past 12 years, these are good reasons.       However, the question is: Are these reasons good enough? I think it is a mistake to vote for someone because of who he is or in protest of what the other person or party did not do. Examples abound that people live to regret it. For example in UK, they voted the Conservatives simply because they hated Labour. Today, everyone is protesting against thie policies.Similarly, in the US, Obama was voted largely because people hated George Bush and the way he handled the Iraq war. Today, they have realised that hate and oratory prowess is not enough, which is why they voted back the Republican in the mid term elections.
Yes, I hate corruption, and yes, PDP has under performed but I dont think that should be the main reason why we should vote for the candidates we want to vote for otherwise we may end up regreting.All I am trying to say is this: if Buhari and his online supporters here really want us to vote for him, he and they should focus on the plans and programmes and not on the mere fact that he hates corruption.There are so many countries, including Ireland and Portugal, where the leaders are not corrupt and yet they are clueless as to how to move the economy forward. What we need is a leader that has a coherent plan on how to accelerate economic growth in the country. As we prepare to vote, let that be the overaching criteria for selecting candidates.

True. We support Buhari because of his anti-corruption views. Isnt corruption the main problem killing Nigeria. People get to power to make fortunes rather than serve people. Untill corruption is brought to appreciable levels Nigeria can never be great. But the fact is not just about him fighting corruption, it is that he is a man of the people and puts the people's interest first not the interest of politicians, godfathers, supporters and sycopants. That is the non-hypocritical kind of leader we want not an opportunist like the rest.

I am from Osun State and I stand strongly for BB
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by AlabaSlim: 9:59pm On Mar 26, 2011
Ozin:

I am a Fulani from daura in Katsina state,my house is just opposite Buhari family compound.I will vote for GEJ!!! Bloody liers on nairaland as if they are talking or trying to convince 2 year old baby.Most people saying they are from the south are not truely from there and those who are from the SW are supporting the Dictator basically because of Bakare who is a yoruba man,While those truely from the SE and SS are those whose brain has been brainwashed by Bakare latter rain assembly church preaching and are card carrying members of his church.I know what religion and tribes can do to people.
GBAM
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by AlabaSlim: 10:01pm On Mar 26, 2011
Ozin:

GBAM
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Wadeoye(m): 10:02pm On Mar 26, 2011
@Blazing99, where in Osun state are you based? We need to connect and see how we can spread the news further. I was in Osun state last weekend to given campaign materials to our people on the ground - Ede and Oshogbo.

By the way, I am from Ede - we will be paying for a BB jingle next week on some local radio stations.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by AlabaSlim: 10:06pm On Mar 26, 2011
fstranger3:

It is you who should stop lying.
I am a distant relative of Ahmed, Buhari's driver, and he is a muslim, not a christian.

You are such a liar!
GBAM
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
SAI GEJ
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by passyjango(m): 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2011
muami:

What we need is a leader that has a coherent plan on how to accelerate economic growth in the country. As we prepare to vote, let that be the overaching criteria for selecting candidates.

What we need are leaders who are sincere. We have been planning for too long, we need action people. Not people that will create a committee to find out the remote and immediate course of our electoral problems and give them one year to present their report only to leave the report to be gathering dust. We need people who know that time is of essence and will hit the ground running.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by alimantain(f): 10:41pm On Mar 26, 2011
I am Yoruba

From Oyo State and i work in Lagos.

BB all the Way.

Some of us might say that Buhari has no concrete plans for Nigeria,
Even if he has no plans except getting rid of corruption that is okay for now.

Remember that nothing can ever work in this country unless corruption is eradicated. So support the man that is bent on making it happen.

BB let's go there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

5 killed in daring Boko Haram Raid On Airforce Base And Military Checkpoint / Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi / It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.