Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,318 members, 7,833,274 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? (12513 Views)

Mrs Buhari And Mrs Osinbajo Support Buhari In London(photo) / Urging Non-northerners To Come Home Ahead Of The Election / BREAKING!!! Northern Youths Give Non-northerners 2 Weeks Ultimatum To Leave! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by muami(m): 8:29am On Mar 28, 2011
Excerpts from a report in Tribune

Meanwhile, reports emanating from the recent campaign tours of northern states by some leaders of the zone, who have been meeting traditional and religious leaders on behalf of President Jonathan, indicated that traditional rulers from the three geopolitical zones of the North have rejected the choice of the presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari.

A team led by eminent northern leaders, including Dr Shettima Mustapha, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai and Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, among others, had been going round the states of the North in the last one week, with a message of cooperation and collaboration between the North and the South-South in the next election.

Sources told the Nigerian Tribune that reports emanating from the tours indicated that the northern political establishment was not in support of Buhari.

The zone was also being persuaded, according to sources, by the declaration of President Jonathan that he would not seek re-election in 2015.

Sources said Buhari’s alleged refusal to explain his agenda to any of the top political and religious leaders in the North had also hampered his perception among them.

He cannot explain his agenda because he has none. Thank God the North is becoming wiser.Sai GEJ
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by mbulela: 8:31am On Mar 28, 2011
For lack of a better option, i support and would vote for him.
The other options are too nightmarish to even begin to consider (Although i seriously considered Nuhu Ribadu).
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by bkbabe97y(m): 8:36am On Mar 28, 2011
mbulela:

For lack of a better option, i support and would vote for him.
The other options are too nightmarish to even begin to consider (Although i seriously considered Nuhu Ribadu).

^^^And, those Grand-Fathers of yours that want an "explanation" from Buhari on his agenda. . . . what agenda, apart from "Are you gonna return power to us in 2015 so that we can go on with our thievery and looting the National Treasury dry" do u think theyre asking?! Eh? Tell me, O blind follower of illiterate GEJ?
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by muami(m): 8:39am On Mar 28, 2011
[quote bk.babe97y]^^^And, those Grand-Fathers of yours that want an "explanation" from Buhari on his agenda. . . . what agenda, apart from "Are you gonna return power to us in 2015 so that we can go on with our thievery and looting the National Treasury dry" do u think theyre asking?! Eh? Tell me, O blind follower of illiterate GEJ?[quote][/quote]

Actually, buhari is one of the grand-fathers thats why I dont support him. We need fresh blood
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by egift(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2011
bk.babe97y:

^^^And, those Grand-Fathers of yours that want an "explanation" from Buhari on his agenda. . . . what agenda, apart from "Are you gonna return power to us in 2015 so that we can go on with our thievery and looting the National Treasury dry" do u think theyre asking?! Eh? Tell me, O blind follower of illiterate GEJ?

I think you quoted the wrong guy - perhaps the one before him.

[b]Nigerians lets elect Buhari [/b]and lets stop the thief-thieves together and build a greater Nigeria.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by muami(m): 8:42am On Mar 28, 2011
Exceprts From report in the Vanguard

onathan can win without North West – Yakassai
Meanwhile, the President’s campaign efforts were being boosted by the seeming support for stability in the polity from Kano elder statesman, Alhaji Tanko Yakassi, who until recently was a known opponent of President Jonathan’s election bid.
Yakassi, weekend, affirmed that the President could win the contest without the Northwest. In an interview with a local radio station in Kano, Pyramid Radio, Yakassi, noted that the reality on ground favoured the PDP flag bearer.
He said: “It will be easy for him to win without the North West. As it stands now, if Jonathan goes ahead to win 25 per cent of the total votes cast in the 17 Southern states, what is left for him is to get similar percentage in just seven states of the North, and he wins.”

The reality of being three times unlucky should be hitting buhari now. now wonder he has desperately gone back to discuss forming a consensus with ribadu and shekarau after boasting that he would win alone
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by 10cirenoh: 9:10am On Mar 28, 2011
^^^

What do you understand by desperation?

If anyone is desperate, not Buhari.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by chikaflora: 9:14am On Mar 28, 2011
i am an igbo frm imo state n i support BB
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by bkbabe97y(m): 9:15am On Mar 28, 2011
muami:

Actually, buhari is one of the grand-fathers thats why I dont support him. We need fresh blood

And the ones your GEJ is taking orders from are. . . . . ?
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by muami(m): 9:25am On Mar 28, 2011
And the ones your GEJ is taking orders from are. . . . . ?

I would rather have a youth like GEJ "taking orders" from grand fathers than to have a worn out and outdated grand father like buhari in office himself.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by papaejima2: 9:29am On Mar 28, 2011
I am from Rivers State but I will vote for Buhari because I think he is the best suited, among the prominent candidates, to tackle the issue of corruption. Any Nigerian who has a brain knows that the biggest impediment to our development is Corruption and you can not fight corruption when you are corrupt. For me, that is the only problem we have as all the failings in every sector can be attributable to it.

I am an opinion leader in my area but when I tried convincing my people to vote for Buhari, many could not understand why I am asking them not to vote for Goodluck, their own. I do not blame them because they are not enlightened or educated enough to see the bigger picture.

We have been complaining of bad, corrupt leadership for ages now but when the opportunity comes by to make a change, we look the other way. Gani offered himself to us but how many of us came to vote for him? Maybe, we are hoping that God is going to come down from Heaven to change the situation of this country for us. If we still allow this same set of corrupt and inept leadership to continue, then we have no basis to complain afterward.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by fesse(f): 9:33am On Mar 28, 2011
I am not in support of Buhari.

He is the next Gaddafi in the making. Stay with the northners for at least 2yrs and know what am talking of. None them has a good heart. Very lazy set of people.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Adanora: 10:34am On Mar 28, 2011
No right tinking Nigerian will support BUHARI/BAKARE - THEY ARE TOO FAKE AND CONTERMINATED

FRESH AIR ALL THE WAY. WINNERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GOODLUCK NIGERIA
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Adanora: 10:40am On Mar 28, 2011
Nigerians lets elect Buhari and lets stop the thief-thieves together and build a greater Nigeria[color=#990000][/color]

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry to diappoint u, Buhari can never never win and will never never rule dis
country again

Go sleep and av a re-tink. Looserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Adanora: 10:44am On Mar 28, 2011
He is the next Gaddafi in the making. Stay with the northners for at least 2yrs and know what am talking of. None them has a good heart. Very lazy set of people

Not Only Lazy, but also veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wicked. Its written all over BUHARI face.

He is actully d next GADDAFI. Shame on BUHARI. BB LOOSERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by fingard02k(m): 11:33am On Mar 28, 2011
Down here in the south-east (Igbo).About 75% of people living down here do not know jonathan's opposition.Many of them (about 60%) think its only Jonathan that is vaing for the presidential seat.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Blazing99: 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2011
papa ejima:

I am from Rivers State but I will vote for Buhari because I think he is the best suited, among the prominent candidates, to tackle the issue of corruption. Any Nigerian who has a brain knows that the biggest impediment to our development is Corruption and you can not fight corruption when you are corrupt. For me, that is the only problem we have as all the failings in every sector can be attributable to it.

I am an opinion leader in my area but when I tried convincing my people to vote for Buhari, many could not understand why I am asking them not to vote for Goodluck, their own. I do not blame them because they are not enlightened or educated enough to see the bigger picture.

We have been complaining of bad, corrupt leadership for ages now but when the opportunity comes by to make a change, we look the other way. Gani offered himself to us but how many of us came to vote for him? Maybe, we are hoping that God is going to come down from Heaven to change the situation of this country for us. If we still allow this same set of corrupt and inept leadership to continue, then we have no basis to complain afterward.

I salute you. Most people from the SS are voting GJ cos he's their brother, but you chose competency over tribal prejudice. Very impressive
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by egift(m): 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2011
papa ejima:

God bless you. Am Igbo and in full support of Buhari grin
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
MY FATHER IS FROM NORTH WHILE MY MOTHER IS FROM SOUTH-EAST AND I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR BUHARI ALL VOTE GOES TO GEJ FOR BETTER NIGERIAN
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by daroz(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2011
I am a bini man from Edo, I want a better nigeria, so I support BB for life. The only little advantage GEJ had in my side was just becos he is a minority from the south south. But not that doesnt count, cos I dont see how that will bring food to my table.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by 9ijaMan: 6:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
dazey:

MY FATHER IS FROM NORTH WHILE MY MOTHER IS FROM SOUTH-EAST AND I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR BUHARI ALL VOTE GOES TO GEJ FOR BETTER NIGERIAN
May your life turn out for the better the way GEJ turned Bayelsa for the better in the last 12 years.
I hope you can say a loud Amen to that!
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by efisher(m): 9:38pm On Mar 28, 2011
@ Solomon227, show us the updated polls from guardian! That picture you have been parading everywhere seems to have become outdated. Follow the original source on guardian website:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/index.php?option=com_communitypolls&controller=polls&task=viewpoll&id=49:presidential-race

As I said earlier, these polls represent the views of a few people and you cannot really depend on them. They are also dynamic, meaning the longer the poll lasts and the more the voters, the better the picture.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Dangiwa(m): 1:54am On Mar 29, 2011
Only those who belong to those stealing and buying over our National Wealth,and more so stocking money for their 10th generation they will not live to see will want to Oppose CPC B/B to enthrone PDP thief thief party
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Dangiwa(m): 2:04am On Mar 29, 2011
Onye Ikwere mara Ihen oma na onye[color=#006600][/color]oma B/B all the way, Rivers State for CPC Presidential
I do not have any thing against GEJ but in the real sense PDP has done more harm than good to the Nigerian Masses, I have taken my time to read through this tread, and was surprise that some PDP paid agent can still show up on this sacred tread to talk about, RECYCLING, SHARIA, SECTIONALISM, NEPOTISM.

I will round up my word with this prayer, please joint me if you can: In JESUS name oh lord God we plead with you ,at this hour of the night 2am that every Man and Women who are PDP Paid Saboteur  opposing the enthronement of truth and justice good living for the masses; more so does not want an end to the 12 years misrule,looting,embezzlement, contract inflation, insecurity and bad roads full pot holes ; Dear lord we plead may the light of their live and fortunes become like PHCN, May their way in life become like Sagamu-Benin Express and other bad roads, and oh lord God may their dues in life be looted, embezzled stock away in a far way country. We thank you dear Lord God for you have Answered our prayer in Jesus name we pray. (Amen) lipsrsealed
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Nicklee(m): 4:06am On Mar 29, 2011
fesse:

I am not in support of Buhari.

He is the next Gaddafi in the making. Stay with the northners for at least 2yrs and know what am talking of. None them has a good heart. Very lazy set of people.

Fesse: I thought you've been told to go back to the romance section where you belong. Leave politics for the serious minded.

@ All: Majority of BB's supporters are doing this out of patriotism. They want a better Nigeria and are going for it. On the other hand, GEJ's supporters are mainly tribalists, ethnic bigots, superstitious broods. Clueless to say the least. They can't defend a man who has been in power for 12 years on his records. They want to defend him on the things he 'will' do in the future.

On a lighter note: Since they have resorted to calling him the 'anointed one', shouldn't these superstitious folks be weary? His luck had Alams dress like a woman and got him disgraced out of him. His 'anointing' was so strong that Yaradua had to die to make way for him. If he becomes president, then what? Will Obama have to die also and the US congress change their constitution and invite to become the US president? We can't run our nation on luck albeit ill-luck
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Kobojunkie: 4:12am On Mar 29, 2011
Dangiwa:

Onye Ikwere mara Ihen oma na onye[color=#006600][/color]oma B/B all the way, Rivers State for CPC Presidential
I do not have any thing against GEJ but in the real sense PDP has done more harm than good to the Nigerian Masses, I have taken my time to read through this tread, and was surprise that some PDP paid agent can still show up on this sacred tread to talk about, RECYCLING, SHARIA, SECTIONALISM, NEPOTISM.

After he become a millionaire in Bayelsa without giving the people so much as better schools . . . you ought to have a problem with Goodluck Jonathan. It was not the PDP that did that to the Bayelsans, and Alamieshega was not alone in Bayelsa either. Goodluck Jonathan was with him and came after him. Even after serving 20 months as Governor of Bayelsa, not even a state park to his honor.
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by egift(m): 6:37am On Mar 29, 2011
Dangiwa:

I will round up my word with this prayer, please joint me if you can: In JESUS name oh lord God we plead with you ,at this hour of the night 2am that every Man and Women who are PDP Paid Saboteur  opposing the enthronement of truth and justice good living for the masses; more so does not want an end to the 12 years misrule,looting,embezzlement, contract inflation, insecurity and bad roads full pot holes ; Dear lord we plead may the light of their live and fortunes become like PHCN, May their way in life become like Sagamu-Benin Express and other bad roads, and oh lord God may their dues in life be looted, embezzled stock away in a far way country. We thank you dear Lord God for you have Answered our prayer in Jesus name we pray. (Amen) lipsrsealed

Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by efisher(m): 7:00am On Mar 29, 2011
My prayer for every Nigerian; whether PDP, ACN, ANPP, CPC, etc is simple: May God grant all of us a good and forward thinking government. May he protect us from the greed of wicked and unreasonable politicians. May we be spared from violence in the election period. May Nigeria come out stronger and better after the elections. May we rise to become a wonder. May our children look back and thank God for 2011. This I believe is the prayer of everyone who means well for Nigeria (North, South, East and West). If you believe in our future say Amen!
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by muami(m): 8:31am On Mar 29, 2011
My prayer for every Nigerian; whether PDP, ACN, ANPP, CPC, etc is simple: May God grant all of us a good and forward thinking government. May he protect us from the greed of wicked and unreasonable politicians. May we be spared from violence in the election period. May Nigeria come out stronger and better after the elections. May we rise to become a wonder. May our children look back and thank God for 2011. This I believe is the prayer of everyone who means well for Nigeria (North, South, East and West). If you believe in our future say Amen!

I say a big Amen to that. This is the kind of prayer that the Almighty God answers!
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by fstranger3(m): 8:32am On Mar 29, 2011
Do they teach you how to talk to God in your PHD program?
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by Emmy3(m): 8:35am On Mar 29, 2011
From the actions of yesterday Imo Youth Empowerment Programme {IYEP} gist with Sen. Iya,
no student of FUTO will vote for Buhari xcept those that have selfish motives. .
Re: Do Non - Northerners Support Buhari? by muami(m): 8:53am On Mar 29, 2011
Quote from Niklee
@ All: Majority of BB's supporters are doing this out of patriotism. They want a better Nigeria and are going for it. On the other hand, GEJ's supporters are mainly tribalists, ethnic bigots, superstitious broods.  Clueless to say the least. They can't defend a man who has been in power for 12 years on his records. They want to defend him on the things he 'will' do in the future.

Did you just fall from the moon? How can a right thinking person say that majority of buhari supporters are doing it out of patriotism while GEJ supporters are tribalist and ethnic bigots. Well, someone said it that most BB supporters do not understand issues and that all they want is somebody who would tell them what they want to hear. Obviusly, that is true. Who has most followers among his tribe and religion even if they dont even know what his plans are? Whi has no or very littel support outside his tribe or religion? Who is discussing with contestants from his tribe to form a consensus so that power can be with them? Certainly not GEJ. In case you dont know, most northerners who support buhari do so because they see him as as a revivalist who can would enforce thier religion on the whole country. I know because I asked. I suggest you take a sample of opinion from the almajiris who gather at  buhari's campaign and you would hear it for yourself. And for you information most of us who support GEJ do so because we have an idea about the complexities of governance in the 21st century and we beileve buhari is too outdated and uneducated to understand it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Police, NASS Clerk, Others Meet Over Petition / It’s ‘unarguable’ We Have Improved Power Supply ‘with Less Resources’ - Fashola / Egbeda/Ona-Ora Community Rejects Accord Candidates In Their Presence (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.