Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:19 PM

Please How Do Sell My Plantain - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please How Do Sell My Plantain (2800 Views)

How Can I Grow My Plantain And Banana Trees Faster? (Photos) / Herdsmen Burnt Down My Plantain Farm / My Plantain Farm In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by nnekaike(f): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2020
eddy2farm:
I have been selling my plantain to market women and the price have not been encouraging at all.
Please can any body help me with a good buyer? I stay in Benin city. Please help .
can't you send them down to Lagos.
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 3:05pm On Dec 14, 2020
Tank so much. Hope to here from u quote author=Pauladex post=97055380]

I can't laugh Benin market women are notorious in pricing, if you refused their offer, they know how to clear your doubt by sending tax collector from different angle to you. The last time I sold plantain at ipoba hill market, I was counting 34k and I saw people selling dozen for 4k, I saw a man that got annoyed and pack his own back inside vehicle. One thing is to plant plantain in Benin another thing is for you to sell at profit. Don't mind those that will shove their idear down your throat with well packaged insult. They don't know how difficult it is to bring plantain from forest before you get to where motor can take it to town. Adding that to the stress and cost of taking it to Lagos when you don't have trailer size. Processing it is good but you need to seek advise of people that have done it successfully. You will get old in two years and people will start calling you Epah if you don't apply wisdom. When am less busy I will let you know how to beat those heartless glutton hands down. Take it easy bro [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 3:09pm On Dec 14, 2020
Well I don't no for now ,but I will do my checking about that.
I want to start drying them for flour.quote author=nnekaike post=97055985]can't you send them down to Lagos.[/quote]
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2020
Pls want to start drying them for flour .pls guys help me with good contact for the dry plantain.
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by timstone(m): 4:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
eddy2farm:
[ I took some to oregbeni market ,infact that was where they price 2500 py dozen quote author=timstone post=97006244]

If you can get vehicle to bring it to any of the market in Benin city
But you have meet with the market Union

2500 a dozen that's wickedness
what I want you to do don't sell in bulk for now
create a spot for yourself and sell one each to final consumer
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by ilebaye2017(m): 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hello. Pls this dozen you guys are talking of is it in bunches or pieces?
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
[Ok tank so muchquote author=timstone post=97096307]

2500 a dozen that's wickedness
what I want you to do don't sell in bulk for now
create a spot for yourself and sell one each to final consumer[/quote]
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
12 make a dozen quote author=ilebaye2017 post=97100029]Hello. Pls this dozen you guys are talking of is it in bunches or pieces?[/quote]
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by ilebaye2017(m): 9:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
Why not find out what the market is like in the North starting from Abj upward and then ship it there?
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by ilebaye2017(m): 9:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
Pls can you post picture of how each average head looks like? Thank you
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by Attit: 9:51pm On Dec 15, 2020
Pauladex:

I can't laugh Benin market women are notorious in pricing, if you refused their offer, they know how to clear your doubt by sending tax collector from different angle to you. The last time I sold plantain at ipoba hill market, I was counting 34k and I saw people selling dozen for 4k, I saw a man that got annoyed and pack his own back inside vehicle. One thing is to plant plantain in Benin another thing is for you to sell at profit. Don't mind those that will shove their idear down your throat with well packaged insult. They don't know how difficult it is to bring plantain from forest before you get to where motor can take it to town. Adding that to the stress and cost of taking it to Lagos when you don't have trailer size. Processing it is good but you need to seek advise of people that have done it successfully. You will get old in two years and people will start calling you Epah if you don't apply wisdom. When am less busy I will let you know how to beat those heartless glutton hands down. Take it easy bro

The price of plantain presently in SW justifies moving it there. It is simple arithmetic. Also, it seems you situate your farm where you have so much difficulties with logistics. Try to give him the idea now. You could have just given him the idea instead of posting what you posted. Do not keep his hope hopeless if you can help. And if you cannot help, stop saying what you cannot do.
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by Pauladex(m): 3:12am On Dec 16, 2020
Attit:

The price of plantain presently in SW justifies moving it there. It is simple arithmetic. Also, it seems you situate your farm where you have so much difficulties with logistics. Try to give him the idea now. You could have just given him the idea instead of posting what you posted. Do not keep his hope hopeless if you can help. And if you cannot help, stop saying what you cannot do.
Man take life seasy, I have a lot on my mind, I didn't even remember I promise anything again.
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by Pauladex(m): 4:32am On Dec 16, 2020
This is the method I adopted after several attempts to sell to those women end in disappointment. I take my plantain to Ipoba hill market as early as 5:30 on market day. Look for good spot to drop it, then sort it according to size. They will price 800,700,600,500 per bunch just sell at fair and competitive price.

Immediately you drop it, those that will first rush you are the retailers, don't allow them sort it for you, do it yourself. if they do, they will be telling people they have bought it while pricing it 2500 per dozen. If you don't sell to them they won't allow others to buy it and they will be sending their partners in crime to price lower than the first price.If you don't have car to move it, they may even tell you they are not interested again.

As they approach, give your price sharp, whoever is not pricing well should not be giving attention. If anyone of them tell others she has bought it, ask her if she has given you money. You don't want to wastes time 5:30 to latest 7:30am, You should have sold Ten dozens.

Among those that will buy from you are food sellers, and those that process it to elubo. Identify those whose heads are correct, get their numbers and be supplying them. If anyone take you for granted as time goes on, blocking such number is one of the functions in your phone that need to be activated.

Just be fair in your price and develop your market fast. What I wrote is what I practiced for Four years and it works for me. I can tell you, what you will get by adopting this method will not be different from moving it anywhere aside Lagos.

If you don't have a bus,and your plantain is less than 100 dozens, Just walk to where you will chatter a bus and hear the price. if you see a bus that want to move your plantain outside Edo State with less than 60k pls tell me am interested. Moving produce to another state is another line of business that you cannot just jump into. You need people who are doing it, to take you and connect you with the new market. Just imagine someone blindly bringing plantain to edo, he will dash it out, people wont still collect. Lol.

Just as you run from demon here, you will meet devil himself in another market. They can even dictate the price you sell. Don't forget, in this dry season, 3 days your plantain is getting ripe and rotten. I know anything is achievable but you need research.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 6:21am On Dec 16, 2020
[Ok I don't have pic right now but let me check my phone quote author=ilebaye2017 post=97105978]Pls can you post picture of how each average head looks like? Thank you[/quote]
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 6:26am On Dec 16, 2020
This is are the only picture in my phone

Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 6:45am On Dec 16, 2020
hmm u really no them .I gave the plantain to my to sell at that same market, she went there as early as 5 am.
She said one woman price 4k py dozen .my wife ask her to bring the money. She said she is coming and never allow other to price . After delaying her till 6:20, she came back and start pricing 2500 for the same dozen again. She just weak.[q[color=#000099][/color]uote author=Pauladex post=97111291]This is the method I adopted after several attempts to sell to those women end in disappointment. I take my plantain to Ipoba hill market as early as 5:30 on market day. Look for good spot to drop it, then sort it according to size. They will price 800,700,600,500 per bunch just sell at fair and competitive price.

Immediately you drop it, those that will first rush you are the retailers, don't allow them sort it for you, do it yourself. if they do, they will be telling people they have bought it while pricing it 2500 per dozen. If you don't sell to them they won't allow others to buy it and they will be sending their partners in crime to price lower than the first price.If you don't have car to move it, they may even tell you they are not interested again.

As they approach, give your price sharp, whoever is not pricing well should not be giving attention. If anyone of them tell others she has bought it, ask her if she has given you money. You don't want to wastes time 5:30 to latest 7:30am, You should have sold Ten dozens.

Among those that will buy from you are food sellers, and those that process it to elubo. Identify those whose heads are correct, get their numbers and be supplying them. If anyone take you for granted as time goes on, blocking such number is one of the functions in your phone that need to be activated.

Just be fair in your price and develop your market fast. What I wrote is what I practiced for Four years and it works for me. I can tell you, what you will get by adopting this method will not be different from moving it anywhere aside Lagos.

If you don't have a bus,and your plantain is less than 100 dozens, Just walk to where you will chatter a bus and hear the price. if you see a bus that want to move your plantain outside Edo State with less than 60k pls tell me am interested. Moving produce to another state is another line of business that you cannot just jump into. You need people who are doing it, to take you and connect you with the new market. Just imagine someone blindly bringing plantain to edo, he will dash it out, people wont still collect. Lol.

Just as you run from demon here, you will meet devil himself in another market. They can even dictate the price you sell. Don't forget, in this dry season, 3 days your plantain is getting ripe and rotten. I know anything is achievable but you need research.

[/quote]
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 6:48am On Dec 16, 2020
[If not for my car it would have been difficult for me to take them to market for such price quote author=Pauladex post=97111291]This is the method I adopted after several attempts to sell to those women end in disappointment. I take my plantain to Ipoba hill market as early as 5:30 on market day. Look for good spot to drop it, then sort it according to size. They will price 800,700,600,500 per bunch just sell at fair and competitive price.

[/quote]
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by Attit: 4:20pm On Dec 16, 2020
Pauladex:

Man take life seasy, I have a lot on my mind, I didn't even remember I promise anything again.
Lol! So why promise when you know you can't fulfill it; yet, you wrote a beautiful post to attack people who gave him suggestions? You only made the promise to sound good. Take life easy man. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by Pauladex(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2020
Attit:

Lol! So why promise when you know you can't fulfill it; yet, you wrote a beautiful post to attack people who gave him suggestions? You only made the promise to sound good. Take life easy man. Lol.

check well, I have responded. Peace!
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by Attit: 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2020
Pauladex:
This is the method I adopted after several attempts to sell to those women end in disappointment. I take my plantain to Ipoba hill market as early as 5:30 on market day. Look for good spot to drop it, then sort it according to size. They will price 800,700,600,500 per bunch just sell at fair and competitive price.

Nice strategy. Just like I wrote earlier, most farmers are not sharp. When one plans well, one sells faster with better prices. And its true, there are demons in every market. Know the demon you are dealing with. If you notice those market women are always miserable. Why? Their evil ways always make not poor.. grin Again, if you dont have a van, or SUV, agric is tough. It only those old wooden lorries that carry plantain over a long distance.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by Pauladex(m): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2020
it is well
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 11:44am On Dec 17, 2020
Ya, if not my car it would have been difficult for me
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 11:47am On Dec 17, 2020
Do they buy dry plantain in Lagos? I really want to start drying and storing them for off season.
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by KunmiakiN: 8:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
Message me on whatsap via 08036101567
I have some information and ideas on selling plantain for you
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by KunmiakiN: 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2020
Attit:

Nice strategy. Just like I wrote earlier, most farmers are not sharp. When one plans well, one sells faster with better prices. And its true, there are demons in every market. Know the demon you are dealing with. If you notice those market women are always miserable. Why? Their evil ways always make not poor.. grin Again, if you dont have a van, or SUV, agric is tough. It only those old wooden lorries that carry plantain over a long distance.

*Dear Farmers , new generation of farmers should encourage the use of scale for buying and selling of Agro-produce.*

*Price per kg will be changing according to season and economy situations*

*Thanks to social media, price changes can be communicated within short period of time.*

*Buyers, market women and middlemen always dictate a lot to the farmers, which is sometimes not favorable to the farmers.*

*It's high time the society sees agriculture as one of the best business, but shouldn't perceive it as an option when you are jobless.*

*KAM*

*#wearehubofthenation*
*#farmersshouldspeakwithonevoice*
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by KunmiakiN: 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2020
eddy2farm:
hmm u really no them .I gave the plantain to my to sell at that same market, she went there as early as 5 am.
She said one woman price 4k py dozen .my wife ask her to bring the money. She said she is coming and never allow other to price . After delaying her till 6:20, she came back and start pricing 2500 for the same dozen again. She just weak.[q[color=#000099][/color]uote author=Pauladex post=97111291]This is the method I adopted after several attempts to sell to those women end in disappointment. I take my plantain to Ipoba hill market as early as 5:30 on market day. Look for good spot to drop it, then sort it according to size. They will price 800,700,600,500 per bunch just sell at fair and competitive price.

*Dear Farmers , new generation of farmers should encourage the use of scale for buying and selling of Agro-produce.*

*Thanks to social media, price changes can be communicated within short period of time.*

*Buyers, market women and middlemen always dictate a lot to the farmers, which is sometimes not favorable to the farmers.*

*It's high time the society sees agriculture as one of the best business, but shouldn't perceive it as an option when you are jobless.*

*KAM*

*#wearehubofthenation*
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by Attit: 6:57am On Dec 18, 2020
KunmiakiN:

*KAM*

*#wearehubofthenation*

Why are you spamming the thread? If you have an agro online marketing site, open a new thread or drop the details here and educate us. Stop spamming this thread and dont mention me again. Goodluck!
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by eddy2farm(m): 8:02am On Dec 18, 2020
Please give details quote author=KunmiakiN post=97172764]

*KAM*

*#wearehubofthenation*
[/quote]
Re: Please How Do Sell My Plantain by kingrhirhs(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2020
KunmiakiN:
Message me on whatsap via 08036101567 I have some information and ideas on selling plantain for you
pls can I also message you. I have similar problem. i am in Benin. thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suppliers Of sesame seed are Needed / Snail Farm Construction (free Range Curtain Method) In Nigeria,africa. / The International Institute Of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) - Lets Take A Tour !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.